It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is Magic Johnson still alive?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

Doctor, not medical student, but only off by a few years. I won't fault you

Thanks for using my post, by the way. It brightens my day a bit to know that at least someone found it informative!

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
A close friend of mine was diagnosed hiv positive in the 80's. He was on a cocktail that made him very sick. He had to stop taking it. He gets tested every year and he is not showing signs of the virus in his blood. He is now in a study in Boston for people who were diagnosed over 20 years ago and are a-symtomatic. He is 62 years old now and sadly has a couple other things wrong with him that are not related to hiv. He now hates the gay community with a passion. Not because of the aids, but because they abandonded him at the first signs of not being a beautiful, healthy or wealthy person. He says there really is an ugly side to that community.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by hardamber

That is absolutely wonderful that your friend has been aymptomatic for so long. It seems he may be one of the very rare individuals who have hit the genetic jackpot when it comes to such infections. I hope his current issues resolve quickly and that he lives a long, happy life, and contributes more and more to our understanding of HIV/AIDS.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Well... In the last paragraph of the post by "SINTER KLASS" it says..

"i will be happy to answer any questions as long as its not a personal attack on myself or my profession"

ect... ect...

So i was guessing "MORE LIKE HOPING" that maybe you were a virologist like myself (for the past 16 years) or something close to it ???

I work in private practice am privately funded and i could tell you few things about thee ahh... HIV virus.

"AND LETS JUST SAY SO CAN A FEW OTHER PEOPLE.

EVERONE GO HERE
duesberg.com...

When the BIG book on HIV research showed uP to inform the world about this SUPER virus it was 27 blocks thick & spoke of all kinds of things and it was so informative it made HIV almost sounded like a "FILOVIROUS" such as MARBURG or EBOLA ZAIRE which are BY FAR & AWAY in my opinion the most deadly viruses on the face of the earth by far pretaining as to how quick they can cause you to buy the farm and such.
The first problem with the BIG BOOK was that absolutely NOBODY signed IT!!!

Now... The research that would have had to of been done and all this GoD foresaken info would have scored anyone & everyone involved A NOBEL PRIZE beyond any shadow of a doubt 6 days till Sunday and NOBODY SIGNED IT ! HELLO!

The HIV virus is butt awful deadly and it has an incubation period of HOW LONG??? WHOA! RED FLAG!!!! THAT DOES NOT COMPUTE!!!!

"MAGIC JOHNSON DOES NOT HAVE ANY TRACE WHATS SO VERY EVER OF THE HIV >SUPER VIRUS< IN HIS SYSTEM AND HASN'T FOR FIFTEEN YEARS HE WILL NEVER AQUIRE AIDS AND HE WILL DIE OF OLD AGE ON GERITOL WITH NO THANKS TO THE MEDICAL PROFESSION "SCIENCE FIELD" OF WHICH I NO-LONGER ASSOCIATE MYSELF WITH OUT OF PURE & UNBRIDLED DISGUST"

My specialty however is NOT HIV its B-X & B-Y the viruses of "CANCER" and "YES I SAID CANCER AND I DO MEAN ALL FORMS OF IT" they were discovered by a guy named Royal Raymond Rife a long time ago in labs in San Diego Ca. and New York, EVER HEARD OF HIM???

The guy was 225% for real and an absolute genius and what was done to him and his priceless work and what it meant to mankind was and is a total & complete abomination rivaling that of the nazis and the HOLOCAUST.

How many people would you say died from cancer since the mid 30's? More than 6 million? If your interested there is a book on him, its called "THE CANCER CURE THAT WORKED" by Barry Lynes you may want to check it out. I have dedicated my life to try and dupicate Rifes work and things are going well but... "LOL!!! Its gonna take awhile!"

RifeScope? What RIFESCOPE?? I HAVE NO RIFESCOPE???

LOL! Anybody wish to ask me questions or ATTACK ME AND "OR" CALL ME NAMES FEEL FREE! I DON'T MIND IN THE LEAST!

[edit on 12-5-2010 by alpha68]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by alpha68

I posted the work of fellow ATS member VneZonyDostupa. She is the one to U2U.

You just made me very curious about that book you are speaking of.
But in all honesty I'm just some guy.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Ohh... i see.

Anyway moving right along...

You seem like a good person and there is something i would like to tell you and everyone else here even though its something that you most likely already know.

Nobody EVER wants to appear ignorant or feel stupid, not you, not me NOT ANYONE!

When people go to medical school most do with the very good intentions of wanting to help people and depending on the field of medicine they choose to enter most do for the most part.
If they become an M.D. and aquire a private practice they soon get a CLIENT list and many doctors sometimes make friends with their patients and it gives them a real sense of acceptance.

While they are in school many look uP to their professors in almost a GoD like way and accept EVERYTHING they say and are told by them as THE GOSPEL as well as whats in the books that they are given to read by them even though they only know what they have been told by someone else.

"BIG MISTAKE"

Many people in the medical field are very quick to defend their profession tooth & nail when they feel it is being attacked almost like its their baby because of all the time and money they have spent to get where they are regardless if they actually even have the slightest clue as to what they truely even saying. HIV/AIDS & CANCER are all about $$$$$$$ my friends and that is it! KNOW IT and I found out the hard way in my chosen profession.

WHAT YOU SEE ON THIS LINK TO BOYD GRAVES SITE IS ABSOLUTELY REAL I PROMISE YOU.

Go HERE
www.boydgraves.com...

I Will be back later with the rife info for you

[edit on 13-5-2010 by alpha68]

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Before I address any of your specific points below, I'd like to invite you to address my points that Sinter posted above. They are the two long posts debunking the HIV/AIDS myths floating around the internet. If you're truly a virologist (which I'm beginning to doubt based on a few aspects of your posts), then you should have ample knowledge to explain yourself in contrast to my points.

Originally posted by alpha68

When people go to medical school most do with the very good intentions of wanting to help people and depending on the field of medicine they choose to enter most do for the most part.
If they become an M.D. and aquire a private practice they soon get a CLIENT list and many doctors sometimes make friends with their patients and it gives them a real sense of acceptance.

More than 50% of newly graduated doctors go into hospital-based care, rather than private practice. So, most aren't building a "client list".

While they are in school many look uP to their professors in almost a GoD like way and accept EVERYTHING they say and are told by them as THE GOSPEL as well as whats in the books that they are given to read by them even though they only know what they have been told by someone else.

Not true. Medical schools have been required for the past decade to begin integrating "problem-based learning" into their curriculum. This means students are required to self-teach to some extent, using any sources they feel adequately meet the goals given by the USMLE. This includes new, critically-reviewed papers, textbooks, online resources, other students, and even professors. If you truly feel there is a "unified front" of disinformation in medicaleducation, you need to explain to me how hundreds of thousands of professors, authors, researchers, publishers, and online contributors can all be "in" on it without spilling the beans.

Many people in the medical field are very quick to defend their profession tooth & nail when they feel it is being attacked almost like its their baby because of all the time and money they have spent to get where they are regardless if they actually even have the slightest clue as to what they truely even saying.

I wouldn't say I, or any of my colleagues, defend it any more vigorously than anyone else would defend their given profession if it were attacked. I'm sure if I came to wherever you worked and said, "Yeah, well, you're an ignorant tool of the powers that be, and you're helping kill people by being a stupid propaganda machine", you would probably be a little offended, too.

HIV/AIDS & CANCER are all about $$$$$$$ my friends and that is it! KNOW IT and I found out the hard way in my chosen profession.

WHAT YOU SEE ON THIS LINK TO BOYD GRAVES SITE IS ABSOLUTELY REAL I PROMISE YOU.

Go HERE
www.boydgraves.com...

I Will be back later with the rife info for you

I've read quite a bit about Duesberg and Graves, actually. They're conmen at best and mass murderers at worst. Why don't you e-mail Mr. Duesberg and ask him how many of those South Africans who died as a direct result of his policies have thanked him for his work there?

[edit on 5/13/2010 by VneZonyDostupa]

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
LOL!!! Ohhh BOY!

"HONESTLY"

What type of doctor are you anyway? "if you don't mind me asking."

First off i'm still trying to figure out what your points are? Other than simply just trying to defend
"THE ALMIGHTY ALL KNOWING MEDICAL PROFESSION" which i already know all too well.

Anyway... If 50% or more of newly graduated medical doctors are going into hospital care where do you think that the rest are going??? CLUB MED???

"NO! THAT COMES LATER RIGHT???"

Run of the mill Medical Doctors are human beings with hearts and feelings (WELL MOST ANYWAY) and i believe that many would in-fact spill the beans if they actually knew how, what the beans actually were and who to actually spill them on. Then they would go and crawel under a rock!
"THE PROBLEM IS THEY DON'T"

BUT... of-course they would also have to be willing to risk being BLACK LISTED and flush the careers that they worked so hard for as well as their own REARS right down me'oll crapper !
"YOU DON'T SCREW WITH THE AMA AND THE FDA"

Researchers (MEDICAL PROFESSION SCIENTIST) that work behind closed cardkey doors on the other hand are a whole different story all together "LOL!" I should know because "I WAS ONE!"

"Don't rock the boat!! Can't you just roll with it? Are you NUTZ! Do you want to commit career suicide or maybe WORSE shut your mouth man!!"

Thats what a head researchers told me when i found out a thing or two at a place or two!

TO BE CONTINUED

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by alpha68
LOL!!! Ohhh BOY!

"HONESTLY"

What type of doctor are you anyway? "if you don't mind me asking."

Internal medicine with a background in genetics/genomics/proteomics.

First off i'm still trying to figure out what your points are? Other than simply just trying to defend
"THE ALMIGHTY ALL KNOWING MEDICAL PROFESSION" which i already know all too well.

I would have thought clicking through the thread would have been easy enough for you, but I suppose I shouldn't have assumed. Here are direct links to my "points". It's spread over two posts from another thread that Sinter was kind enough to reproduce in this thread for me.

Part 1

Part 2

Also, I noticed some of the source links aren't working in the copies format, so here is the original with functioning source links. If any of the links to the papers/texts I've used as sources don't work, please let me know and I'll update/fix them.

Original Posts

Anyway... If 50% or more of newly graduated medical doctors are going into hospital care where do you think that the rest are going??? CLUB MED???

Some go into teaching positions, some go into research, some go into public health clinics, some go back for second degrees, some have a family and never go into practice after residency. It's not like you graduate and then check "private" or "public" on an employment form.

Run of the mill Medical Doctors are human beings with hearts and feelings (WELL MOST ANYWAY) and i believe that many would in-fact spill the beans if they actually knew how, what the beans actually were and who to actually spill them on. Then they would go and crawel under a rock!
"THE PROBLEM IS THEY DON'T"

So, you think doctors are smart enough to treat the public's ills and consistently score amongst the more intelligent members to society...but we're dumb enough to not notice that HIV isn't being treated with the drugs we're using or that what we see in papers is false?

That's an interesting (and illogical) dichotomy.

BUT... of-course they would also have to be willing to risk being BLACK LISTED and flush the careers that they worked so hard for as well as their own REARS right down me'oll crapper !
"YOU DON'T SCREW WITH THE AMA AND THE FDA"

Neither the AMA nor the FDA regulate how, when, or why we treat patients. I can continue to use first generation antibiotics if I wish, I just prefer that my patients survive a resistant infection.

Researchers (MEDICAL PROFESSION SCIENTIST) that work behind closed cardkey doors on the other hand are a whole different story all together "LOL!" I should know because "I WAS ONE!"

No, you weren't. You seem to have a tenuous grasp on the English language, let along medicine or virology.

"Don't rock the boat!! Can't you just roll with it? Are you NUTZ! Do you want to commit career suicide or maybe WORSE shut your mouth man!!"

Publishing on a potentially new cause of HIV/AIDS wouldn't end your career. It would likely win you a Nobel. You do realize that the American medical establishment doesn't control any sort of publication or research outside the nation's borders, right?

Thats what a head researchers told me when i found out a thing or two at a place or two!

Again, no, you didn't. Your posts are just sensationalist tripe with a smattering of links from people who have already been debunked here and in the public sphere.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by alpha68

Thanks for your info.

Nobody EVER wants to appear ignorant or feel stupid, not you, not me NOT ANYONE!

I don't mind feeling stupid. I'd rather be right tho. Feeling stupid means that you realize you're wrong... It gives you the option to correct yourself.

However this result makes me not feeling stupid cause it makes me glad when I better myself. It would be ignorant to close my eyes for the truth just because I don't want to feel stupid.

I must add , You assume to much. Just saying.

[edit on 5/13/2010 by Sinter Klaas]

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Because the dirty little secret is that there is a cure....and aids was created in a lab....pretty ruthless huh?

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by NWOWILLFALL
Because the dirty little secret is that there is a cure....and aids was created in a lab....pretty ruthless huh?

Please explain to me how we were able to create one of the most genetically complex viruses, which has been proven to exist since at least 1959, when we didn't even know RNA existed until 1959, let alone what it did or how to use it. Additionally, the first genetic sequencers wouldn't come onto the market for thirty years after the discovery of RNA.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
"the first genetic sequencers wouldn't come onto the market for thirty years after the discovery of RNA." lol kinda ironic that you answered your own question (kinda) pretty much right after RNA was discovered it was cured...hmm 30 years...you would think with all those people dying they would have had a sense of urgency to get that out there...

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   
He was diagnosed having the HIV virus in the early 90's, not full blown AIDS (it's getting close to 20 years, now, not 11). Not the same thing. HIV leads to AIDS. So far as I know, Johnson's HIV has not yet led to him having AIDS.

Originally posted by Dr Love
Fair enough, but my question is, since I have personally never known anyone with HIV/AIDS, has anyone ever known an HIV patient who lasted that long and seemingly beat this dreaded disease? I bet none.

Many, many people respond very well to the newer drugs and never get sick. It's hard to keep up with the regimen, but if you can, it's quite conceivable that even someone with AIDS can survive for a long, natural lifespan. Remember, Magic Johnson was a highly disciplined professional athlete, so staying with a regimen is the kind of thing that is second nature to him.

I remember a good 10 or more years ago reading an article that said Johnson's doctors could no longer detect the HIV virus in his system and he's not unique in that, it's happened to others on the drug cocktails, who've kept up the regimen very well. They even said it was possible he was in fact cured of the disease, but you can't take chances because it's the kind of thing that could easily still be there, just in such small counts that it's nearly impossible to find. Remove the drugs and it could come back. Have sex with someone, you might still give it to them. It's possible it was later detected, I don't know, but odds are quite good he either no longer has the virus or its so controlled that he'll never suffer from AIDS, itself.

As I said, this isn't unique, he's not the only one, but nobody is willing to call it a "cure" for HIV/AIDS because it doesn't work for everyone and there are still too many unknowns.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   

"the first genetic sequencers wouldn't come onto the market for thirty years after the discovery of RNA." lol kinda ironic that you answered your own question (kinda) pretty much right after RNA was discovered it was cured...hmm 30 years...you would think with all those people dying they would have had a sense of urgency to get that out there...

I think you misunderstand. RNA is ribonucleic acid, one of the genetic materials in all eukaryotic cells, as well as some viruses, like HIV. We didn't even know it existed until AFTER the first known cases of HIV were occuring. In addition to that, we couldn't rapidly sequence, a required step to engineering an RNA virus, for another thirty years,

So, I'll ask again, can you explain how we could create something that wasn't even within the realm of scientific knowledge at the time?

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by VneZonyDostupa

Yeah I scrambled it a bit...What do you mean by "we" are you a scientist? It's the same reason that there is mercury in vaccines and fluoride in the water, they don't care about you...Just like all the commercials saying if you got this disease from this medication you could call this law firm....they know damn well what most or all of these meds do to people...You get something to cure something then you get 2 or 3 other diseases...Don''t believe what they tell you number 1 rule.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Hemp Oil DUH!

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by VneZonyDostupa

So, I'll ask again, can you explain how we could create something that wasn't even within the realm of scientific knowledge at the time?

What makes you so sure that all "scientific knowledge" that was known at any point in time, would be general knowledge to you, us, or whoever?

BTW, welcome alpha68. You're knowledge will be a great addition to the forum here and I will have some questions for regarding cancer.

[edit on 13-5-2010 by shasta9600]

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by shasta9600

Originally posted by VneZonyDostupa

What makes you so sure that all "scientific knowledge" that was known at any point in time, would be general knowledge to you, us, or whoever

So you think that the hundreds of scientists working on genetic research all over the world in the 1950s, not to mention the hundreds more in the employ of the government working on similar projects, were all kept quiet about something as ground-breaking as the discoveries of DNA and RNA? You're aware a Nobel was awarded for this discovery, right?

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   

reply to post by VneZonyDostupa

Yeah I scrambled it a bit...What do you mean by "we" are you a scientist?

I'm a physician with a research background in genetics, yes.

It's the same reason that there is mercury in vaccines and fluoride in the water, they don't care about you...Just like all the commercials saying if you got this disease from this medication you could call this law firm....they know damn well what most or all of these meds do to people...You get something to cure something then you get 2 or 3 other diseases...Don''t believe what they tell you number 1 rule.

That still has nothing to do with my question. Let me try to make myself a bit clearer.

(1) HIV is controlled by RNA, ribonucleic acid.
(2) To manipulate a virus, you have to manipulate it's RNA (or DNA if it is a DNA virus).
(3) HIV was causing infections as early as 1959.
(4) RNA wasn't discovered until late 1959.
(5) We couldn't manipulate and sequence RNA until the late 1980s.

Now, with these facts in mind, how could anyone have created an RNA-virus in the 1950s?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join