It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A personal thank you to SkepticOverlord

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I'm sure many people already know this, and for those of you boys & girls who don't then you are about to find out in my little appreciation rant here, but the continued operations of this website and satellites (ATSnn, BTS, PTS, Tinwiki...) all depend 99.9% on the immense effort and devotion by SkepticOverlord.

ATS has become such a large and astonishingly popular community for so many people that now consider ATS and it's membership as part of their personal lives.

In it's infancy, I had great aspirations for my baby website... lots of members, lots of great "breaking news" info, and so many great features that people would want to come back over and over again. However, I simply couldn't do it, my technical abilities were far too inferior to get off the ground.

SkepticOverlord took it airborne and into outer space!

This man came along and offered to help me with some technical support a few years ago which I greatly appreciated. Never would I have imagined how much he would do for both me and all of us! He has given his personal time and helped contribute financial backing during our tough times.

Not only does he single-handedly maintain the servers, the troubleshooting, the the quick-fixes, the technical support, the software coding, pretty much everything technical, he also has had the intellectual foresight into what other forums would eventually become before they did that he has made ATS the leader, THE VERY FIRST, to incorporate a number of new forum tweaks and features.

On top of that, his continued drive to keep ATS at the forefront of conspiracy theory, political corruption, and alternate discussion has spawned "satellite" websites, such as ATSnn and Tinwiki.

This man takes peoples' ideas and makes them a reality.

I publicly want everyone to know how much appreciation he deserves and how much gratitude he has from myself. Without him, this website would not exist today.

Thank you!

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Thanks for all your work, SO!!! You've done so much and it's awesome!!!

(great image, Simon)

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 08:49 AM
link   
What Simon says...

It's seldom indeed, when I look at the list of who's logged on, that SO isn't there. He's giving this site a monumental amount of his time...that's plainly obvious.

And, if there's a problem, minor or major, chances are that he is on top of it immediately.

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Skeptic Overlord

You are da man, without your technical know how, we'd be lost with no where to call home.

Thank You.

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Two cheers to the "brain" of the ATS, making it so the blood can flow.

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Three cheers for SO!

hip hip hooray!

hip hip hooray!

hip hip hooray!

Thanks for driving ATS into the future and beyond

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 09:00 AM
link   
You have my appreciation S.O.!

Peace

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Good old SO, he put's up with (and calmly dissolves) a lot of *stuff*, but he still manages to keep the site polished and healthy.

On a warm day like this, I feel inclined to raise a glass

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Hell its 5 O'clock somewhere right?

* chissler raises his glass as well

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Good job Skeptic Overlord. You're the only one around here that I actually see getting stuff done
. Just kidding... thanks to all the other mods and admin for keeping our wonderful community running as well =).

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Thank you, SO, for all you do.

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I want to echo Simon's sentiments by expressing my own gratitude to Skeptic. But I also want to express a sincere thanks to all three of the "amigos" and to all the mods as well.

Indeed, as Simon has stated, ATS has become and astonishingly important community that I have found to be an important part of my personal life.

Indeed, Above Top Secret has become part of my life (just ask my wife). Rarely a day goes by that I don't, at least, visit and read through the boards. I have come to "know" quite a few ATS members and I even regard many as "friends".

So, I would like to thank Skeptic Overlord for his work and efforts at ATS and I can't help but add my own additional thanks to Springer and Simon. Thanks to all of you for making ATS an integral part of my day (and nights). Thanks to you for enriching, entertaining and educating my life through the camaraderie that I have found on the boards and in the "chat room" at ATS. has

JAK

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Adding my voice here to say thanks for the huge amount of time and effort you put into ATS for every single one of us to enjoy.

It is greatly appreciated, thanks SO.

Jak

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Thank you for all your hard work and dedication to ATS, I am sure that without your help the site would probably have been doomed a long time ago.

Thanks again SO.

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Thank You, SO, for everything. You are awesome!

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 09:30 AM
link   
hear hear Simon!

Thanks SO, for keeping the site running so smoothly, and for always going above and beyond for us all and always striving to make the ATS experience so enjoyable for everyone. We really are lucky to have you around

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Here, Here! Three cheers for the Overlord.

Thank you SO!

While I realize it's a bit early in the day for such ... this one's on me!

I'd also like to say "Thank you" to all the members, mods, staff and admin that truly make ATS the wonderful Community it is.

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Woo Hoo! SkepticOverlord!!

You rock!

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Praise the Overlord!

Oh, praise the Lord, The Overlord... everyday
If you are down, he'll bring you 'round. He'll show the way.

And when you need a clue,
Just hear the Overview.
And when conspiracies abound...

You need the Lord, The Overlord, everyday!

Thanks so much Skeptic Overlord! You are muchly loved and appreciated!

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Heil Skroob!

Way to go Skeptic! Way to Go1

Hey, I get paid for saying this, right?

[edit on 5-12-2006 by WolfofWar]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join