It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens in the Ocean!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Heres a settelite picture showing some sort of glowing thing under the ocean.

The article was deleted from yahoo but you can see it here : Spiked Humor

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Looks like a lil project in photoshop?

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Are you sure it's UNDER the ocean?

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Actually that is caused by phytoplankton they are a microb that is red during the day but glow blue at night.

Here is an article:
www.nctimes.com...

I wish people would do more research before they post something like "Aliens in the Ocean". Sailors and explorers for years have talked about glowing oceans etc. for countless years this phenomenon is nothing new it just wasn't until recent years...

I assure you that this is quite earthly in origin.

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Uh 250 miles long? Your citters man are only 40 feet deep and maybe hundreds of feet long based on the link you put up. If it is glowing plankton then that has to be the largest number in the history of the earth.

Otherwise it could be an alien undersea city/country. Who knows?

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Well as The_Doctor said. You should do more research about this. You shouldn't say directly it are aliens. And well. i might have a explenation for this.
I read 3 years ago that a specie of fish, Wich lives around the 3 kilometres (i don't know how much feet or inch that is. Sorry) under the sea. some even 4. And that they each year and a half go up the surface. And mate. According to the story they had large tails and spikes (compared to their body) And the the tail and spikes on their back are supposed to glow green/blue on that time of the year. So they could impress the female ''fishes'' and mate with them. It was something like that. I'll search that article up on the internet. You probably heard before about deep sea fishes who always glow for a reason (each time different)
But there might be a other explenation. Now that that is a satilite photo.
If you go and check google earth. You will encouter these glowing parts of the ocean on google earth to. Alot of them. You can go check it out, I'm sure you'll find some.
Further more i can't say much more. Maybe i'm wrong. And as Phood said before. How are you so sure it's under the sea?

- MB

[edit on 13-5-2006 by meridian_blood_29387423]

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 11:37 AM
link   
news.bbc.co.uk...
www.sciencenews.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

Three articles directly relating to the image all which say this phenomenon is caused by bioluminescent bacteria. en.wikipedia.org...

This is the most logical and plausible explanation and has been mentioned in literature for hundreds of years. They refer to it as the "Milky Seas" and that photo was taken on Jan. 25 1995 off the coast of Somalia in the North Western region of the Indian Ocean.
Since 1915 there have been 235 sightings of this phenomenon in that region near Java.

I am 100% it is in fact under the ocean and caused by Earthly phenomenon. It really is not a far fetched explanation either. Since most marine life are infact bioluminescent in some way. I wish people weren't so quick to jump to illogical conclusions and as I said before do a litlle research. It took me five minutes to aqquire these links.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by And3h

I just came across this here...www.livescience.com...

Mystery Ocean Glow Confirmed in Satellite Photos

Amazing! Great find op!

top topics

join