It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Your Laptop Come From Alpha Centauri

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 01:35 AM
link   
It seems to me that the government has been denying the truth about UFO’s for years for one major reason technology. If the real truth about how all our modern day gadgets came about most people wouldn’t believe it anyway. Just think of all the technological developments that have came about in the last 30 years. The computer for instance the miracle of the modern age. We would be hard pressed to be able to get by without them today.

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Hardly. Given the fact that the first real computer was created by Alan Turing in the 1940's to crack the German Enigma code, I think that we have more than enough evidence that our computers are born and bred here on Earth.

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Let me just check the back here... Made and manufactured in China... Aah... No wonder mine is so slow and everyone else's is so fast... I didn’t get the Alpha Centauri hardware!

But seriously though, it's an idea worth playing with.
On the one side we can ask, are humans really that "stupid" and primitive not to be able to invent Micro Processors?
It cannot be denied that there was an amazing technology boom in the past - say twenty years. Personally I don't think aliens had anything to do with it. One invention led to the next, and so on and so forth. And money was behind it. I don't think people/the world was ever this driven to "make money". It's a consumers market no doubt.

Let's say that aliens are in fact giving the government(s) some technologies. Why would they give them such "old" technology? Now this is in comparison to their UFOs with the ability to travel at the speed of light (more or less - I don't know that for a fact
)... What drives them (ET) to give us anything? Did they feel that the human race is taking too long to join the "Galactic United Nations"? Wouldn't they want something in return? I mean nothing is for free. Do they get a couple of human lab rats in return for microwave technology?

I'm not yet convinced aliens gave us anything worthwhile - technology wise. Government "inventions" are a fraction of the actual inventions out there. Does the government "sell" a technology to a private firm? Why not take the fame and glory for themselves?

In my opinion humans are smart enough to invent everything we have, and aliens are stingy with their technology.

So many questions. So little answers. Ask no questions. Hear no lies.

[edit on 12-5-2006 by Gemwolf]

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Yeah and my sister in laws father is named federrico fagin, he created the first integrated micro chip back in the 50s. He busted his ass for years trying to figure it out, and i can assure you he had no help from aliens..

If we use any alien technology it comes in the form of top secret military technology that we dont even know about (hence area 51 and strange sightings of anti gravity flight patterns seen in the sky)

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 03:45 AM
link   
We really have come a long way in the past 150years. Horse and Buggy to Steam engine to Landing on the Moon. Imagine what it ws like in the past with life expectancies topping out at like 35-40. It does seem like maybe there was some kind of intervention that we moved forward so quickly compared to past centuries.

Pie

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 04:12 AM
link   
the following is a quote from robert anton wilson's book 'right where you are sitting now', on the 'jumping jesus' phenomenon and hopefully it will put things in perspective for you ....

Let us define the measurement of known scientific facts in the year 1 A.D. as "one jesus," using the name of the celebrated philosopher born that year.

Before going any further, let us ask how long it took to arrive at one jesus. One way of estimating is to take the estimated age of homo sapiens, in which case it took 40,000 to 100,000 years.

How long did it take to double this accumulation of knowledge, to achieve two jesuses? It required 1500 years - until 1500 A.D. How long did it take to double again and obtain four jesuses? It required 250 years, and we had four jesuses in our larder by 1750.

The next doubling took 150 years, and by 1900 A.D. humanity had eight jesuses in our information account. The next doubling took 50 years, and by 1950 we had 16 jesuses. The next, ten years, and by 1960 we had 32 jesuses. The next doubling took seven years, and by 1967 we had 64 jesuses. And the next doubling took 6 years; by 1973 we have 128 jesuses.

There is no reason to imagine that the acceleration has stopped. Thus, we almost certainly reached 256 j around 1978-79 and 512 j in 1982.

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 10:21 AM
link   
If this is the absolute best of alien technology, I don't think they're quite as great as I had imagined. Slow as heck, prone to crashing, and constantly being updated.

I'd like to think humans are pretty smart creatures, and aliens aren't that dumb to be using this junk. An alien computer would probably be entirely fiber-optic based or something instead of conventional wires, etc. Probably floats and glows too, just because aliens know how to do the aesthetics

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 12:13 PM
link   
With respect to computer hardware, if one looks at today's computer technology, it is nearly magical.

But it is possible to trace computer technology back to a level where it wasn't micro or nano-small.

There is a chain of developments leading from simple mechanical systems, such as weaving machines, up through the models of Babbage, Lovelace, Van Neuyman, and Turing. The computer is essentialy the culmination of 200 years of European research.

Now, is it possible that the on-a-chip transistor came from alien tech? I suppose.

But I would bet that if alien tech had anything to do with this, it would be that alien tech inspired us to look in the right direction for miniaturization and solid state circuitry. But thats pure speculation.

Personally, I think the changes we have seen in the last 130 years are all the result of the availability of oil and the culmination of standard scientific models.

The problem is, one of those things is a limited resource.

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 12:33 PM
link   
The Turing computers were large and too complex to handle. They were mostly used in businesses.

I remember when the first pc came out with floppy drive. It was sometimes in the 70's; even as a child, I couldn't understand why the computer was still so primitive.

In my short time I have lived on Earth; mankind's technology, especially in biomechanics has increased tenfold. What surprises me that the technology of computers has trebled and yet there is very little change in the manufacture of a light bulb.

I have no doubt that some of our sciences are a result of top secret projects. Although, I am 42-I have seen advancements in certain technologies that can be best described as something out of this world.

Videophones was science-fiction only 30 years ago; now they are commonplace. Videophones are the 3g phones we know of today.

Technological progress was slow in my Nan's day. She was born in 1903 and the only real advancement in technology she saw was the aeroplane and the moon missions. Mind you, sending a vertical craft up has always puzzled me and seems to add more stress to the body rather than the pilots being in a horizontal position. Then again, what do I know.

One thing I do know is that our technology has sped up in the last 30 years and it wasn't long back when I asked my husband when they were going to invent cameras without film. Within 10 years more, or less, of me saying that lo and behold we have the digital cameras.

I have no doubt that our advancement has an outside source connected with it and it isn't just pure genius. It wouldn't surprise me if scientists using back technology have already have been working on manned crafts to explore the solar system and they just haven't told us yet, as a result of their studies on objects that they have acquired from otherworldly sources.

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 02:09 PM
link   
No, my computer didn't come from Alpha Centauri, but I'm convinced that some evil group of reptilian overlords are answering the tech support number.

top topics

join