It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Opus Dei Rituals

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I'm not sure if anyone knows this, but here in 30 minutes, at 12 ET on the History Channel, they are having a new show on Opus Dei. I'm assuming it will tie in with DaVinci Code stuff, but should be interesting.

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I do not have a problem if one wants to take a vow of chastity and poverty,and yes that is the norm for all monks,but why do Opus Dei want you to work and supply them your wage?
If you take a vow of poverty wouldn't it be more pious to give your time to the underprivileged freely,instead of collecting a salary?
Why do they target the elite and wealthy and not the commoner?
Why do they teach children to not have a conscience of ther own,only what Opus Dei decrees?
Regular church-goers are just that.They do not swear allegiance to a sect within the churches mainframe,they only go to church on a sunday to express their faith,they still
can exercise their concience how they see fit without any constraint.They can watch and read what they want without restriction.
This sect was brought into existence by a man who believed in totalitarian rule,and as we all know totalitarianism is the supression of an individuals rights to act in accordance with the states dictates.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Isn't Opus Dei into obedience ?

So its members wouldn't ask too many questions.

Wouldn't Opus Dei be vulnerable to being taken over by an intelligence organization ?

Murphy's Law says if that's possible, it's probably already occurred.

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by chissler
he women of Opus Dei are treated as if its still medieval times. I do not understand how the women of this church can simply ignore the progress the woman has made over the past century. For the work of god? A god that you presume would wish the cilice upon you? You sacrificing this pain benefits who? How?

Christianity doesn't have any self inflicted torture such as that. This practice comes from a pagan source. As written on this verse:

1 Kings 18

28 So they shouted louder and slashed themselves with swords and spears, as was their custom, until their blood flowed.

The following customs of self torture as an act of penance are practiced worldwide from different religions:

(Don't view if you have a weak stomach, viewer discretion is advised)

Roman Catholic

i2.tinypic.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

Thaipusam (Hindu)

i3.tinypic.com...
www.youtube.com...

Trang Vegetarian Festival (Taoist Lent):

i5.tinypic.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

Unbelievable! Most of them are in a trance and impervious to any pain. Opus Dei pales in comparison. The cilice doesn't even come close.

[Edit: added info]

[edit on 22-12-2007 by amitheone]

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by chissler

this sight seems to be a typical pro opus dei site, it talks of how much sacrifice there is in the opus die . They do get people to sacrifice themslves but for what ? In order to earn money for th eopus dei, Fo ra bunch of lunatics who want to rule over others i don't believe that they have a distinct plan except going back to the past a lot of ignorant poverty strucken poor who are humble and not materialistic and women who do what you want. and generally doing for the unknown like islam etc. They don't see anyhting wrong with distant and aloof husbands and lonely wives, as the uppr class don'tgive a damn about their poor servants as long as they have servants . they don't mind if people are poor if it means servants for the rich they hide a plan to have a ocmfortable world for the few with a lot of holy mumbo jumbo. rose macaskie.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   
The cilice isn't about god, from what I know. It's a way to keep their lustful thoughts suppressed. They whip themselves and wear cilices in order to focus their thoughts on the pain instead of their impure thoughts. It's a way to punish themselves.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join