It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting Freemason Lodge Number

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I thought this was interesting. Located in Indianapolis. The building is no longer used by freemasons.

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 10:33 PM
link   
What Lodge # would you expect in Indianapolis?

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Lodge numbers are assigned by Grand Lodges in numerical order. For example, the 128th Lodge formed in a state or province will be Lodge No. 128.

Any state or province with more than 665 chartered Lodges will have a Lodge numbered 666.

[edit on 12-5-2006 by Masonic Light]

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 02:08 PM
link   
but honestly i think they do try to avoid giving that number out because of the conspiricy buffs like us. but think of it as more like an address really. If they were really satanic wouldnt they all be numbered 666?

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 02:13 PM
link   
i agree , maybe they closed that one up because of that

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Do you think that the guys in Lodge 666 walk around all puffed up and what not? Because that's pretty neat! I mean, surely some of them have to appreciate it!

Actually, with masonry being dominated by christians, I'd bet that they don't like it.

[edit on 12-5-2006 by Nygdan]

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fitzgibbon
What Lodge # would you expect in Indianapolis?

Are you implying the city of Indianapolis is evil?

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I will now channel Hiram Abiff and Edgar Cayce to find the reasoning for the 666 lodge #. Check back with me in 2 Lunar cycles.

All freemasons,,synchronize your masonic decoder rings to the constellation Vega at my mark

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Indiana has a population of 6 million people. but around 740 lodges apparently.

www.indianafreemasons.com...

im guessing once a lodge is made (and then later abandoned), no one takes up the used number?

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by NuTroll

im guessing once a lodge is made (and then later abandoned), no one takes up the used number?

Right. If, for example, Lodge No. 150 goes defunct, that number will not be assigned to another Lodge. It could be the case that eventually that Lodge would re-organize, and could then get its original number back.

[edit on 15-5-2006 by Masonic Light]

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Knights of Columbus have a council that is called Council #666, Mobile
Mobile, Alabama, USA. It was the six-hundredth and sixty-sixth council formed. Councils run from 1 to the most recent ones over 13,000.

new topics

top topics

join