It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Favorite old School cartoons

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Wasn't a cartoon, was a live show with puppets... (Dinosaurs)

Dinosaur that said "I'm the baby" (was an anon post, so not sure if all can see it)...

en.wikipedia.org...(TV_series)

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Roger Ramjet.. FTW...Enough Said...

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I'm not sure why, but watching that Thundercats intro gave me nostalgia goose bumps....thanks for that!

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Erm... My username says my favourite:

yeah.......oh yeah........:

[edit on 20-2-2009 by MCoG1980]

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by MCoG1980

At the end of each episode there were documentaries which told you about facts and information.

This documentary is from episode 6:

from episode 17.

episode 35 doc:

This documentary is from the final episode:

What a kids programme eh????? 39 episodes of an anime adventure plus 39 documentaries that follow each one... to many to post... you should be able to see what i'm getting at from just these 4 (was 2 but got carried away :lol

[edit on 21-2-2009 by MCoG1980]

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

You want to ask SD about thundercats

taken from my thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Spiderman and his Amazing Friends
Hulk (from the 80's that followed spidey)
Top Cat
Secret Squirrel
Tom and Jerry
Bedrock Kids
Pup Named Scooby Doo
Muppet Babies
Anything by Tex Avery
Quick Draw McGraw
umm... there's a million more.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Aeon Flux SUCKED.

AF fights way through futuristic city, has brief nonsensical conversation with someone, fails to kill him... more fighting... fightong... fightong to stay awake because none of it MADE ANY SENSE.

However, proper old school cartoons, the alpha and omega of same, is the Merrie Melodies/Loony Tunes stuff until the sixties when the artwork changed and the jokes got lame.

I got to page 4 of the thread and no-one had mentioned any Disney. That's a GOOD thing because Mickey and Donald was some sad unfunny BS.

Pinky and the Brain worked for me, but it was lumped in with Animaniacs, and that whole "junior Bugs and pals" thing was a disgusting travesty of the original genius toons.

And the nineties Batman was excellent - great artwork, good noir-ish storylines. Batman of the Future was very poor though.

Johnny Bravo was pretty good at times, and the Power Puff Girls actually had some rather sly adult humour... in fact, there was a downright sick subtext with certain of the villains that was twisted in a good way.

There was also a great cartoon, possibly on Adult Swim, which was like a superhero meets Big Brother house thing, which had some great stuff. I can't remember what it was called, which is annoying.

Stuff that I remember sucking includes Squiddly Diddley, The Flintstones - actually, most of that Hanna-Barbera crap except for Top Cat.

And as a musician, may I just pay homage to the music in the following: Tom and Jerry, Merrie Melodies/Loony Tunes, Batman (the Neal Hefti original, of course), and Family Guy, which really distinguishes itself with excellent scores and proper big band arrangements.

And, of course, still going strong... South Park! Both music and script.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Anything with Wile E. Coyote, Suuuper Genius in it...

Marvin the Martian is a favorite.

Marine Boy...every morning before I headed off to school. Too many years ago to contemplate...

First Speed Racer.

...and last but not least...

The Banana Splits. Loooooved 'em.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   

There was also a great cartoon, possibly on Adult Swim, which was like a superhero meets Big Brother house thing, which had some great stuff. I can't remember what it was called, which is annoying

Drawn Together

[edit on 23-3-2009 by Gazrok]

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join