It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has this ever been debunked?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 09:51 PM
link   
video.google.com...

Found this video while looking through some UFO vids. It's pretty amazing footage. Clearly otherworldly if genuine.

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I've seen that before.......I think it's legit.

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Interesting... At first I thought it was just a blimp but then it seemed to shrink and then dissapear. I know it was as if it was quickly flying away.

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 11:40 PM
link   
It is good footage indeed but i would not say otherworldly since there is no evidence of this craft being alien.

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 01:04 PM
link   
It's genuine. That is, it's an actual partial-reflection of the wing. Look closely and you can see the line demarking the reflected part. I've noticed the effect several times while flying on commercial airlines.

There's a movie almost identical to this one from the 30's or 40's, of either an airship or streetlamp reflected in a car window; it may have been posted here a few months ago. It shrinks and disappears in exactly the same way.

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Hello

Genuine footage, one of the first ufo video i saw. The possibility of a reflection is very unlikely. The unknown object is performing a so huge acceleration that the camera is unable to record it.

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Yeh its a strange one. Looks legit. Pretty amazing if real.

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by rand
It's genuine. That is, it's an actual partial-reflection of the wing. Look closely and you can see the line demarking the reflected part. I've noticed the effect several times while flying on commercial airlines.

Rand is 100% correct. This reflection effect is still seen on some commercial airplanes these days. Note that the object falls to the edge of the window frame, where the convex edge is. As the shooter leans his shot, the object "dissapears.

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Hey Jritz,

I respect what you are saying, but I watched the last part where the video is repeated in slow motion, and the camera appears to be relatively steady while the 'reflection' folds in on itself and then streaks away.

To me, it appears that earlier in the video there are greater changes in the relative position of the camera where the image does not change shape, as compared to later, where the image changes shape but the camera perspective is relatively constant.

So I don't think that the change in the phenomena is a result of a change in the camera angle.

Can you look at this footage again and correct me if I am missing this?

[edit on 12-5-2006 by Ectoterrestrial]

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 07:05 PM
link   
This was debunked in 1966.

It was cine film taken by a woman on a return air trip to Majorca.

It was debunked for the very reasons listed here by jritz and Rand.

The debunking actually took place on a TV show called Scene At 6.30, hosted by Granada Television, England.

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayKew
This was debunked in 1966.

It was cine film taken by a woman on a return air trip to Majorca.

It was debunked for the very reasons listed here by jritz and Rand.

The debunking actually took place on a TV show called Scene At 6.30, hosted by Granada Television, England.

But has it been debunked and rejected by professional ufologists?

TYV debunking proves nothing to me, as many people have "debunked" stuff with very ridiculous explainations and such.

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 09:50 PM
link   
ecto is right, if you look at the right edge of the frame, it seems to be steadier in the end than in the beiginning.

rand, what line are you referring to ?

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
rand, what line are you referring to ?

It's subtle, I agree, since this is movie is so poor; we're left trying to analyze a bad scan of a dirty film from a cheap camera.

There is a demarcation to the left of the window frame which runs right through the "object". There is also slight breaks which show along the edge of the thing; along the top edge, they are steady at about 46 and 61 pixels due left of the dark edge of the window (+- a few pixels; the image is so out of focus there's no way to be exact).

It's easier to see if the contrast is cranked up.

new topics

top topics

join