It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Collector or "PackRat"? Which one are you?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Over the years, I've been a collector of comic books, science fiction books, Arkham House books, art, coins, stamps, well you get the idea. Maybe I'm a tad bit obsessive compulsive. I just love collecting -- often for the sake of collecting.

At the same time, I have a hard time throwing away anything. That "thingamagig" you want to throw away might just come in handy one day. At least, that has always been my way of thinking. I've had basements and "spare rooms" crammed from floor to ceiling with treasures and stuff, though my wife has always just called it junk.

Over the years, however, I've managed to part with a lot of my treasures, er, junk and, frankly, it's a load off of my mind. I don't collect much anymore but I am aware of my tendency to do so. This sort of got me thinking......What do other ATS/BTS members collect or pack away?

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I have 1000's of comic books from my youth that my daughter is beginning to enjoy.
I also have an old stamp collection that I doubt I will part with any time soon, though it takes up little room. I also collect coins, but that can also be seen as an investment with the rising cost of gold

Aside from that, books are my passion and I have a hell of a lot of them.
I used to just let things pile up and have a hard time parting, but lately that's gotten much better. I have lightened my load, so to speak, and it's gotten much easier to continue to do so.

new topics

join