It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Whites of One's Eyes

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Actually, Chinese face reading has a different take on this. In Chinese face reading, having three sides of white showing around your iris means you are a rebellious, agressive, anti social person who is more attracted to criminal behavior. I also remember my grandmother telling me that she was told by her amother (who was Slovenian, not chinese) that people who had eyes like this were dangerous people who were often violent criminals. I do remember testing this theory and decided to take a look at some violent criminals faces to see if this was true.

Well, some did, some didnt.

John Wayne Gayce

Jeffery Dahmer

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Angela, you didn't just post it, it has all just gotten down into minutia. I was just offering another suggestion as to what could cause such a look

There is much truth to the eyes telling personality. It holds fairly true with horses. I can take a quick look at their eyes and know about how they will be under saddle. The ones with white showing are usually more difficult. Not always, but often enough that it is a widely held belief

I know I can look at someone's eyes and generally gauge their intelligence, sincerity, ect;. I think we all have experienced people with very kind eyes and people that give you the willies

Obviously they show health or lack thereof. Mine were messed up with bad health and strangely enough, the trigger to the thyroid disease was extreme stress that about broke my heart. So, I may have a chunk out of my soul.

Who knows

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
Actually, Chinese face reading has a different take on this. In Chinese face reading, having three sides of white showing around your iris means you are a rebellious, agressive, anti social person who is more attracted to criminal behavior. I also remember my grandmother telling me that she was told by her amother (who was Slovenian, not chinese) that people who had eyes like this were dangerous people who were often violent criminals. I do remember testing this theory and decided to take a look at some violent criminals faces to see if this was true.

Well, some did, some didnt.

John Wayne Gayce

Jeffery Dahmer

Yeah - that's basicaly what I said.

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by llpoolej
Angela, you didn't just post it, it has all just gotten down into minutia. I was just offering another suggestion as to what could cause such a look

There is much truth to the eyes telling personality. It holds fairly true with horses. I can take a quick look at their eyes and know about how they will be under saddle. The ones with white showing are usually more difficult. Not always, but often enough that it is a widely held belief

I know I can look at someone's eyes and generally gauge their intelligence, sincerity, ect;. I think we all have experienced people with very kind eyes and people that give you the willies

Obviously they show health or lack thereof. Mine were messed up with bad health and strangely enough, the trigger to the thyroid disease was extreme stress that about broke my heart. So, I may have a chunk out of my soul.

Who knows

Yep - I agree. The eyes are the windows to the soul.
And medicaly speaking - they are telling as well

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I have just checked mine, as i have never heard of this condition.

Mine are fine, untill i look down, then you can see three sides of white. I take it this normal?

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Hey guys, i can't see the pictures on that site...is there any other way I can see? like show me a good example?

EJ

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 02:43 PM
link   
If i understand correctly, the whites showing at the bottom of the eye, would be the indicator... of course this takes for granted that someone is looking forward with a head facing forward as well...

AngelaS avatar seems to have this condition...

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 05:37 PM
link   
wow, That's interesting! I've never heard of that.

I always knew you could read alot about a person by looking at their eyes..but to be able to see that they will die rather young
..that's kinda creepy. I'm going to try to find more information about it.

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Here is a great site I think you'd appreciate

www.thefountainhead.co.za...

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 03:04 AM
link   
This is an interesting idea and I was curious to know how a diagnosis of fatigue/bad health/accident prone behaviour manfiests itself in the eyes. Also, I am more interested in how this works in a physical manner as opposed to just personality or observations about souls - although, saying that, it is my belief that the physical has a lot to do with mood swings and keeping balanced emotionally; which in turn may impac on one's soul or anima.

The fountainhead site had a good explanation on the relationship between eyes and livers and how it could manifest itself via stress.

Stress affects the mind and optic nerves behind the eyes which pulls the muscles up and causes the eyeball to expand. Below the eye is a piece of bone, and the eyeball rests on this bone. So when the eyeballs expand, they expand upwards, causing the iris to move up. White space is revealed under the irises.

I found this about the effects of stress on your liver:

Depression. Mood changes such as anger and irritability. Metaphysically the liver is known as the “seat of anger”. Poor concentration and “foggy brain”. Overheating of the body, especially the face and torso. Recurrent headaches (including migraine) associated with nausea.

So there might be a physical correlation between aggressive or violent behaviour and having sanpaku symptoms. The same would go for being tired, fatigued and inbalanced.

I think eating better and resting more would help or eliminate the tired/fatigued syndrome, but I'm unsure if this would cure the agressive personality traits of rapists, serial killers, homocidal persons; although it might help alleviate the symptoms and add more balance.

Here is another image of sanpaku.

Symptoms associated with liver dysfunction

[edit on 18-5-2006 by nikelbee]

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 03:22 AM
link   
I guess the lighting would have ABSOLUTELY no affect on what a persons eyes will look like in a foto.

lol.

I can't believe I read through all these posts.

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
I guess the lighting would have ABSOLUTELY no affect on what a persons eyes will look like in a foto.

lol.

I can't believe I read through all these posts.

I can't believe you read all those posts and only managed to come up with that comment.
I don't think the issue was 'photos' or lighting, but sanpaku itself - which can be done just using a mirror or looking at someone else. Of course with celebrities you would have no choice but to look at photos and that to me is a little like placing bets on horses. Factors like lighting (as you said) would then count unless you went to Vegas or Hollywood and stared at them up close. I however don't suggest this approach.

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by siriuslyone

How is "dying young" defined though? Or is it just any tragic sort of death.

From what I can learn, it is either dis-ease or accidental, it just IS..
According to the Japanese who are thousands of years past us.
For many years, this was occult-secret wisdom, to not freak people out.
My sister has this, but I dare not tell her..
So don't but help her get better using the macrobiotic diet that they say will cure the condition.
Have her eat alot of brown rice, whole wheat and veggies such as broccoli and Cauliflower.. also get her to start eating sushi.
Have her reduce her caffeine intake as well.
If you don't do something you will feel like you could have prevented it if something DOES happen to her.

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost of Isis
Here is a great site I think you'd appreciate

www.thefountainhead.co.za...

great find ghostie... thanks...

Lysergic, I wont tell you what to lend credence to, but ancient asian wisdom earns my respect everytime...

Not due to some dragon blessing a piece of wood or somesuch, but because buried in the superstition is well founded logic, that works...

Feng shui is a good example. While the "demons" that inhabit various parts of a house if shear frumpery, the fact that having sharp objects in walking paths, and arraingment of certain furniture items might cause physical problems is good information (just plain logical).

In this case, if you study the medical reasons that peoples bottom eyelids sag, the Japenese predictions become very logical as well...

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Indira Ghandi..a picture taken shortly before she was assassinated.

I believe that even if a person changes their diet and rests to eliminate fatigue, they will not be able to recover completely from sanpaku unless they change their outlook in life ie. excessive fear, hatred, anger, etc. It's also hollistic, that one's thoughts can influence their life physically, mentally, and spiritual state of being altogether. I can see how holding on to negative thoughts can manifest themselves into the subjects reality, and that is what accounts for Lennon's, JFK's, Indira's assassinations.

[edit on 18-5-2006 by Ghost of Isis]

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by LazarusTheLong
If i understand correctly, the whites showing at the bottom of the eye, would be the indicator... of course this takes for granted that someone is looking forward with a head facing forward as well...

AngelaS avatar seems to have this condition...

LOL! I just went to look. LMAO!
In this picture, I was kneeling on the floor tieing my little guy's shoe. I looking up with my eyes and did not tilt my neck because my nephew had ahold of my hair from the back (to help him stand up). Too funny.

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Interesting thread. But surely by very nature ofour final demise we should all eventually have Sanpaku or a like manifestation?
That wouldmake it a little less interesting in one way, we'd all get it. But in another way how would you behave if you knew? How would anyone behave if they knew they were close to passing to spirit?

Originally posted by AngelaLadyS
In this picture, I was kneeling on the floor tieing my little guy's shoe. I looking up with my eyes and did not tilt my neck because my nephew had ahold of my hair from the back (to help him stand up). Too funny.

Whatever. It is a fine looking eye anyhow

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Whatever. It is a fine looking eye anyhow

Lol, I thank you, and my eye thanks you. LOL

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I honestly think much of this info was circulated in the 70s to insure the Macrobiotic or whatever diet would sell well. Much like we see today with the popular diets.

Looking in the mirror it looks like I just escape having this appearance, but that could be because I don't sleep well, which Is what I feel is the only good message about this is. You take care of your body you feel better, you're less likely to be sick or prone to illness. The bible says the eyes are key to the soul, I think it's possible to tell if people aren't feeling so well by their eyes or are depressed or down, you can also tell these things by facial expression. I've read that large groups of people have this, and it can be part of the genetic makeup of a whole race. Harry belafonte was cited as having this, well he's pushing 8o i think. how many people have died or been sick that didn't have this condition?

I'm willing to bet when this first circulated the myth grew because the Japanese didn't have a real diagnoses for Diabetes, which tends to cause this.

Also I'll say as a Christian I don't feel governed by any school of thought such as this, I have faith in God that no matter what I'll be fine.

Thanks for entertaining my first post at ATS. I been coming here a while and find many intersting thing here.

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Im tan smugliy sorry thank you.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join