It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

System Of A Down on....Hiatus

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 04:42 PM
link   
*sigh*....System of a down are planning to go on hiatus after this years ozzfeast sadly....:shk::shk:

System Of A Down is planning a long hiatus after completing its co-headlining run on this summer's Ozzfest. Guitarist Daron Malakian said that despite recent rumors, the group is not breaking up. Instead, he said that System will "take a very long break after Ozzfest and do our own things. We've done System for over 10 years, and I think it's healthy for us to get away from it for a while and come back to it later on. So, this is probably going to be...well, it's not a farewell tour, but it's going to be a little while before we go out again."

Each member of System Of A Down has their own side ventures, which Malakian told us has always been encouraged: "Within the band, we don't tell each other, 'Don't go do a side project,' or 'You can't do this, you can't do that.' I think it's great if everybody goes and does things on the side, because then it comes back into System more powerful, you know. You bring in all these outside influences and you come back into System more educated and more stronger."

Malakian did not say how long System Of A Down would be away for, except that it would be "a few years." He added, "We're not making any plans. For 10 years...our lives have been planned around System. We want to go live our lives a bit. We feel this is healthy for the longevity of System."

The guitarist is forming a new band called Scars On Broadway and is also in talks to score a feature film, while bassist Shavo Odadjian has become a video director and may collaborate musically with the Wu-Tang Clan.

SOAD singer Serj Tankian runs his own label, Serjical Strike, while he and drummer John Dolmayan have stepped up their efforts in the campaign to have the 1915 Armenian genocide officially recognized by the U.S.

Ozzfest kicks off in Seattle on June 29th and will wrap up on August 13th in West Palm Beach, Florida.

Well i think there gonna break up these things usaly happen right before the band goes there seprate ways , i can just hope for the best

Source

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Eh, no biggie.

The quality of their performances has consistently gotten worse over the past 5 years. While I still enjoyed seeing them play upwards of 6 times during that period you could tell they were tired as hell. I don't expect a breakup. I'm expecting some great stuff from Daron and a bunch of Serj's bands from Serjical Strike (Bad Acid Trip, for one) are really great.

SOAD have put out a ton of awesome music, and to say it'll be a few years before they go out again, and/or record is sort of saying what they never said before. It's always been a few years between albums for them. Their self-titled debuted in 1998. Toxicity in 2001. STA songs were leftovers from Toxicity and just needed some producing (in 2002). Then we got Mezmerize in May of 2005 and Hypnotize in Oct/November of 2005. 2-3(4) years between albums isn't abnormal. They're just taking a break from touring, and they deserve it.

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Honestly I don't like listening to Daron Malakian sing. It just makes me mad because I love Serj's voice and I want to hear him not Malakian. Malakian is okay with the back up vocals but it was Serj's voice that really grabbed me when I first heard SOAD.

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I hear ya, Umbrax. On Mezmerize I felt he was really intruding on Serj's vocal brilliance. I thought it was a hell of a lot better on Hypnotize, though and added a lot to the music. Serj is the man, though.

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I'll have to check out Hypnotize. I bought Mezmerize when it came out (The first CD I've purchaced in years.) and was a bit dissapointed. I thought Toxicity was way better.

I've always felt like Toxicity was the soundtrack to ATS

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I'm getting old, lol.

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
I'll have to check out Hypnotize. I bought Mezmerize when it came out (The first CD I've purchaced in years.) and was a bit dissapointed. I thought Toxicity was way better.

I've always felt like Toxicity was the soundtrack to ATS

Toxicity is just simply amazing, though my favorite album is their self-titled album. That album just kicks some serious arse.

Suite pee! Sugar! Peephole! PLUCK! War!

LOVE IT!

new topics

top topics

join