It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tattoos Anyone??

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied
Ok since all of you HAVE tattoos, perhaps you could give some advice to someone who wants one but is not sure how painful it is or if I can handle it.(FYI, I have given birth without drugs).

Wow, if you could handle that I'm sure you could handle a tattoo with no problem.

A couple months back I wanted to get one, but now that I see them more and more I don't think they are for me.

[edit on 19-8-2007 by thehumbleone]

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Humbleone, I would like to believe I can.However giving birth is not something you can just say "OK, this hurts too much... I'm gonna quit now."That's what I'm afraid of. I really want to do it, and have given it a lot of thought. Yes I can live with this the rest of my life.Just not sure if I can. Perhaps I'm being a chicken.

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Humbleone, I would like to believe I can.However giving birth is not something you can just say "OK, this hurts too much... I'm gonna quit now."That's what I'm afraid of. I really want to do it, and have given it a lot of thought. Yes I can live with this the rest of my life.Just not sure if I can. Perhaps I'm being a chicken.
Believe me AccessDenied you will survive this !!! I've got a few sisters who have gotten tats and the arm one should be less painful than the one in the lower back, they've also made it through labor and found out that tats are nothing compared to givin' birth to a 9 pound bundle of joy (well when they've grown up it seems to be less joyfull
,),just kiddin', If you wan't an opinion I suggest ya get the tat on the arm.

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Thanks steve-o.I will. I really want the word as well though, and it has to be "hidden" if you catch my drift.On my arm would not work.

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Thanks steve-o.I will. I really want the word as well though, and it has to be "hidden" if you catch my drift.On my arm would not work.
Thanks back to ya AccessDenied (one of the few beautiful female members of my Avengers Squad), go on and do what ya gotta do !! Just don't yell at me if ya feel any pain, lol.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 05:33 PM
link   
In the spirit of epidermic sketch pads

Me and my sweetie have been apprenticing on each other, and on ourselves.

Wyrdeone did this himself. This coming weekend he's gonna work on coloring it in.

This one is collaborative. I did the outline, and we traded back and forth with the colors. Lessons learned: 1- details require skill, and 2 - light colors are reticent to go into the skin. Once it heals and fades a bit, we'll go back and 'fix' things.

Wyrdeone did this for me -- the eagle who keeps vigil above the Tree of Peace, and cries out if anyone tries to dig up the hatchet (of hate, greed, war) buried beneath the tree. (Methinks color will help distinguish which bird I'm going for.) ((And word to the wise -- birthmarks are more sensitive than you think!!))

My owl, sitting in the knot of my tree. (Sorry about the fuzzy pic.)

This I did myself over the last 2 nights. This coming weekend I'll do some shading, maybe add some bugs and other plants/flowers.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 05:35 PM
link   
AccessDenied -- where are you thinking of getting your ink? I ask because the placement decides the pain. For example: the eagle above HURT. The needle hit the collar bone and my very soul shuddered. That pain is forevermore classified as "Absolutely Diabolical", and was the first time in my body modification 'career' that I actually shed tears over the pain. (Don't get me wrong -- I've been close a few times, between piercings and ink.)

If you're unsure, ask them to do a test on you. It amounts to a quick jab (or a short series of jabs) of the needle with no ink. The first jab is the worst, overall, because after that the adrenaline kicks in, the body shakes (otherwise known as the 'tattoo high'), and the pain is (overall) lessened. ((It still hurts, don't get me wrong. But it's really not that bad... so long as the area's meaty.))

Just be sure to get whatever you can stand in one sitting, and then let it heal before continuing. The body's threshold of pain drops dramatically, and it's just no good going in the day after for more work. (Been there, tried that, wouldn't recommend it.)

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I want the rose on my shoulder at the back, and the word on my lowerback just above the "butt cheek". Thanks for your input, and I must say that does look painful.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

Theres a cream you can purchase that numbs the area you want to get tattooed. You need to apply it about an hour before hand. I havent used it myself but a female friend used it and said it worked well. I think it's called Emla cream.
The most painful area's i've had done were on my chest and my spine. The least painful by far was my calf, i hardly felt that at all.

Good luck with it Access.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Disgustipated

I have the APC logo on my arm

Dude I love APC, they have some great songs and the messages the deliver are even greater and more powerful. (but judging by your sig, you already knew that! haha)

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by mojo4sale

Thanks Mojo, I'll be sure to post pics.Well , of the rose anyway. Sorry but the word is most significant and secret. Not a dirty word, just private.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by mojo4sale
reply to post by AccessDenied

Theres a cream you can purchase that numbs the area you want to get tattooed. You need to apply it about an hour before hand. I havent used it myself but a female friend used it and said it worked well. I think it's called Emla cream.
The most painful area's i've had done were on my chest and my spine. The least painful by far was my calf, i hardly felt that at all.

Good luck with it Access.

hhmmmm maybe ill try some of that cream if i ever decide to get something done on my inner wrist. my inner forearm didnt hurt too bad, but there was this one little area that for some reason hurt so bad.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Sorry but the word is most significant and secret. Not a dirty word, just private.

Here's me thinking it might have been the lyrics to Hysteria.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 06:23 PM
link   
This is the best one i can find.. they were colored in since, dragons on both arms.

tat

[edit on 20-8-2007 by hikix]

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by mojo4sale

Sounds like someone has been spying on me.....MOJO!!!!!

Nope. It is a six letter word. Period. No details.

It is not DREAM ME OFF MY FEET......
Did you visit my website or something???????

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by hikix
This is the best one i can find.. they were colored in since, dragons on both arms.
Those tats ya got on your arms are pretty cool, I'd like to get something similar but I don't know how much pain you'll get from doin' it in that area, hope ya post back amigo.

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 10:29 AM
link   
The inside of the arms is painful.. the outside really wasn't that bad. Just take a few Vicodens and you're good to go!

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I have 3 tattoos right now, but I want a couple more.

I have a scorpion on my finger, I have a logo from the band "Live" on my left arm, and I have an outlined picture of R.E.M. on my back.

I want to get a Green Bay Packers helmet put on my chest over my heart, and I want an Our Lady Peace logo on my right arm that is in the shape of chevrons and says "One Man Army".

there's one more I really want to get, I'm not going to explain why, because it's probably not appropriate for these boards, but I CAN tell you what the tattoo is and you can figure it out for yourself. I want to get a a rooster hanging from a noose (sp?) on one of my calf muscles....ponder that for a while...

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by hikix
The inside of the arms is painful.. the outside really wasn't that bad. Just take a few Vicodens and you're good to go!
Thanks for tellin' me about how much the inside of the arms hurt, I'll try gettin' one on my arm first. I didn't do any tatoos yet but I've done drawings for family that have became tattoo art so I've contributed something to the final product, so I'm thinkin' about drawin' something for my tattoo, see ya later amigo !!

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 09:17 PM
link   
At long last, it is finished. Took just about a year exactly, in small sittings interspersed with long healings:

And the Major saw it was good, and her skin rested.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join