It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tattoos Anyone??

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Tats never where my thing. Give cops a way of knowing who just robbed the local bank. J.K.

Actually, I have a small cross on my hand. I put it there when I was a teenager to remind me about my love for the father above.

Crazy thing about it. It was a nice gesture in showing my loyalty, but god does not like it when man defaces his body.

I don't look down on anyone with tats. I think some are kinda cool looking also!

Just not my thing!

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 06:34 PM
link   
This here is my latest one, the largest and most ambitious (and by far the most painful). It's taken six sittings so far because I only have three hour windows when my kids are elsewhere. I have about two sittings to go before it's finished.

Kali represents the power I've never accepted I have. I started this tat to help me get over the PTSD my ex caused in my psyche from his horrible mental torture. Know what? It's working.

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Very Kewl MM. Thats some intricate work. Its gotta hurt like a biscuit with all those sittings. Im glad to hear its helping you get over some BS ur ex did to you.

Tattoos are so many different things to so many different people. Remembrances, symbols of all sorts of things, and then theres people like lysergic that just get whacky to be whacky

With all the different members we have, i know there are more out there with Tatts. LETS SEE THEM PEOPLE.

My sweetie talked me into getting my shoulder finished. When its done it will cover my whole left shoulder and to the sleeve mark all the way around my arm. Pics to come of the work in progress when i get started back at it.

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Wow MajorMalfunction! That's quite a tattoo. Lot's of interesting detail. How do you like having that on your back as opposed to somewhere you can see it easier?

Here's Mine with the original sketch.

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbates
Wow MajorMalfunction! That's quite a tattoo. Lot's of interesting detail. How do you like having that on your back as opposed to somewhere you can see it easier?

Thank you!

Well, I can always hold up a mirror and look at it. The size of the work wouldn't let it go anywhere else on my body.

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Damn major nice tatt you should put it on ratemyink.com
I have Tottenham Football Clubs logo on my arm and Spurs in an arch written further up my arm and I have a cross on my leg.

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Ratemyink, eh? That might be a fun thing to do, once it's finally completely finished. I'm just waiting for the last round to fully heal and then he's going to do a little touching up and fill in a bit of negative space that looks unbalanced. After that, I think I might just look into that. Thanks for the tip!

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Here ya go...from oldest to newest

#1 steal your face(in memory of the late great Jerry Garcia)

#2 opposite elements

#3 sun

#4 Rind (by Mc. Escher)

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Nice ink, ProveIt -- that Escher one has some fantastic detail! Bet that took some time.

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 09:40 AM
link   
yeah i was there about 4 maybe 5 hrs we are gonna do the other side of the arm with Edvard Munch's "the scream" thats gonna take some time also.

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 03:05 PM
link   
i've been wanting a tattoo for quite a while now, but i've been unsure whether or not i was going to do it.
i am one of those who really want to KNOW i want it before i go ahead and do it. especially when it comes to tattoos, since i'll have to live with it and hopefully not regret it.
i've finally figured out what i want, too - a simple, black 27 on the underside of my left wrist. yup. been hooked on the 27 conspiracy for 6 years now, and i'm still convinced there's something fishy going on. it just keeps showing up in places. :p

i may actually go get it tomorrow

only thing i'm worried about is the pain :p the skin on the underside of the wrist is really thin and all, so i guess it'll hurt :s

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Tatoos?

No thanks. Virgin skin here.

I'm a patient sort...but I don't have patience for stinkin needles.

Just sitting there for minutes to hours on end, waiting for someone to put 'permanent ink' into my skin? You've got to be kidding me?

How many of you 'tattoed' would wish that they could 'change' the pic on their skin? or even turn back time and wish to God that you'd never have put a single mark on your epidermis?

I have seen a lot of VERY skillful and artistic people who have 'palatted' their ways upon the tapestry of human skin....and yet, I've talked with a few who actually regretted putting 'ink' in the skin.

I know that 'what's done is done'. But think about it?

If you could actuallly go back in time...would you do the same 'ink' over again? Or would you decline?

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 12:39 AM
link   
As i stated before, alot of different people get tattoos for alot of different reasons. Some to memorilize a loved one, some to remind them to stay strong or stay smart or stay straight. Here ill just quote myself.

Tattoos are so many different things to so many different people. Remembrances, symbols of all sorts of things, and then theres people like lysergic that just get whacky to be whacky

Just sitting there for minutes to hours on end, waiting for someone to put 'permanent ink' into my skin? You've got to be kidding me?

No we arent kidding you. Some people just cant take the pain. then there are those that have lived with pain all our lives and tattooing is minor compared to what we live with daily from our bodies.

I know that 'what's done is done'. But think about it?

I did and do think about it Duck. To each his or her own don't you think. Some people drink but i dont. That doesnt make me any better than the next person.

I would definitely do the same ones again because i have thought alot about what i wanted and why. And when i go get my new one, which will be my daughters and mine footprints in the sand walking across my back, i will have no regrets doing that one also.

Do you think you are better than tattooed people? The reason i ask is because your post comes across as very condescending.

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by MajorMalfunction
This here is my latest one, the largest and most ambitious (and by far the most painful). It's taken six sittings so far because I only have three hour windows when my kids are elsewhere. I have about two sittings to go before it's finished.

Kali represents the power I've never accepted I have. I started this tat to help me get over the PTSD my ex caused in my psyche from his horrible mental torture. Know what? It's working.

I'm floored! Holy Moly... That's quite an intriquate tatto! Beautiful!!!

I have red hair too...I'm trying to picture myself with a 'back-laiden' tattoo such as yours?

NOOOOOO..noooo noo...(chicken poo poo now)

DAng MMF?!??! What the hell....

I'll give you this one my scorpio friend...that's friggin amazing!

I'm not running with tail between legs.. just friggin shaking my head with amazement!!!

Yee hawwwwwwwwwwwww

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Gee, wonder why mine looks so familiar...?

I got this one after finishing several tests as an initiate in the mystery schools.

It's a ward, no one sneaks up on me anymore. I can see you coming both directions now.

[edit on 18-8-2007 by GENERAL EYES]

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I don't have a tat yet but I'm thinkin' about gettin' one in a year or two, I'll be gettin' mine for free since my cousin works in a tattoo shop in Brooklyn so whenever I get the idea for what I'd want to do I'll go ahead with it. I was thinkin' about doin' one that was alien related just to show how much of a alien/ufo nut I am, but what if the aliens come down and they don't like what I've done . Would they probe me or would they abduct me into their mothership ?? (just jokin' around folks !!)

[edit on 18-8-2007 by steve-o]

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I have one so far. More to come when I turn 18.

The one I have isnt anything special, and it doesnt represent anything. But I figured it was cheap, and its most certainly not the last tat i get. I plan on having A LOT, but never any on my neck or face, I think those look stupid. I really do like crosses, they make really cool tattoos, But im not religious and that wouldnt make any sense for me. I really like sharks and cats. The next tat I get will probably be like a tiger or a panther or something. Ill be 18 at the end of september, so I just have to wait it out and it gives me time to make my mind up.

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Schmidt1989
I have one so far. More to come when I turn 18.

The next tat I get will probably be like a tiger or a panther or something. Ill be 18 at the end of september, so I just have to wait it out and it gives me time to make my mind up.
I liked your tat man, I'm thinkin' about gettin' a tat when I turn 19 which is just a few months from now. Thanks for joinin' my Avengers Squad and bein' on my amigo list , see ya later man. ( You should get a tat of a panther, they look cool !! )

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 04:26 PM
link   

I have the APC logo on my arm

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Ok since all of you HAVE tattoos, perhaps you could give some advice to someone who wants one but is not sure how painful it is or if I can handle it.(FYI, I have given birth without drugs).
I would like a small black rose on my shoulder but how painful will that be? I sound like a whiney baby, but i don't want to start and not be able to finish. I also want a 6 letter word on my lower back, which I'm not sure if it will be more painful or not.Please any help would be appreciated.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join