It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Morales just made himself the "New Hitler"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Oh dear. In a courageous move, Evo Morales has decided that "foreign energy firms should not expect compensation for assets that are now under state control."

This doesn't mean their assets will be expropriated, but that they won't get compensation for loss of earnings following a renegotiation of contracts with the government, according to this report.

How long can it be before the propaganda machine cranks up and awards him the ultimate accolade - "new Hitler" status? The US is already preparing for some sort of action against Venezuela, and now this... factor in Iraq and Iran and it's going to be a busy, busy last couple of years for the Bush administration.

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 05:57 PM
link   
wow... killed my own thread...

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 06:23 PM
link   
God, the use of the term "New Hitler," is being so overused that it risks the chance of it losing all meaning. Hitler was the second most brutal dictator in the history of mankind, only surpassed by Stalin in sheer numbers of their victims. I can see how the term, the "New Castro," may apply here, but not a label of the "New Hitler."

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Just you wait. They used it on Chavez, they'll use it on Morales...

Rumsfeld likens Chavez to Hitler

The secretary acknowledged that "we've seen some populist leadership appealing to masses of people in those countries. And elections like Evo Morales in Bolivia take place that clearly are worrisome."

"I mean, we've got Chavez in Venezuela with a lot of oil money," Rumsfeld added. "He's a person who was elected legally - just as Adolf Hitler was elected legally - and then consolidated power and now is, of course, working closely with Fidel Castro and Mr. Morales and others."

Just a matter of time.

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000
God, the use of the term "New Hitler," is being so overused that it risks the chance of it losing all meaning.

That implies it hasn't already done so!

It might be used, but that term is thrown around so much it holds about as much weight (at least in my mind) as calling someone a dingus...i.e. very, very, very little.

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 04:50 PM
link   
russia and china are out of the question for dominating the world via war. but in the end, what would one have to do to beat them?
with the world on the verge of discovering cheap, nearly non-pollutable, and nearly endless supply of fuel... how would u win the war?

take the oil.

all i'm saying is, 100 years before the atom bomb, we rode horses. imagine what is coming in the years after the atom bomb.

WW3 will be violent, as predicted.
but as all people know, the only in the aftermath will we realize our mistakes.

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by chibidai_rrr
all i'm saying is, 100 years before the atom bomb, we rode horses.

Hmmh. A funny observation, but not entirely correct. Of course we rode horses, but we stil ride horses today. But today like then this is not our most advanced means of transportation. 100 years ago those were trains.
But change the number in your post to 200 and you have me on your page!

But more on the topic, I don`t think that Morales is in a great danger of becoming another Boogeyman to the West. I`ve read some articles of leftist authors and they view him as a kittycat compared to Chavez so I guess he should be safe.

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 03:13 PM
link   

God, the use of the term "New Hitler," is being so overused that it risks the chance of it losing all meaning. Hitler was the second most brutal dictator in the history of mankind, only surpassed by Stalin in sheer numbers of their victims. I can see how the term, the "New Castro," may apply here, but not a label of the "New Hitler."

Stalin was the worst?

Guess you never heard about Mao.
I thought some Jewish guys said Louis Farrahkan was the new Hitler...ok, it was black Hitler, but it's about the same.

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthseeka

Stalin was the worst?

Guess you never heard about Mao.
I thought some Jewish guys said Louis Farrahkan was the new Hitler...ok, it was black Hitler, but it's about the same.

Don't know much about Mao and havn't seen enough evidence(nor the time nor inclination actually), okay how about worst in European History then?

[edit on 13-5-2006 by sardion2000]

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 09:45 PM
link   
As evil leaders go, at the moment there's Omar Hasan Ahmad al-Bashir, Joseph Kabila, Islam Karimov and Saparmurat Niyazov to name but a few, yet hardly anyone even knows their names.

They are only brought forward to be vilified in the public consciousness if they affect our national interests.

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by chibidai_rrr

WW3 will be violent, as predicted.
but as all people know, the only in the aftermath will we realize our mistakes.

Just like we learned after WW1 and WW2? Third time lucky?

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by AJAG

very good point. we learn, things are ok for a few years, and then people start forgetting about how horrible war is. so they send the next generation to battle in order to secure the peace. then things are good for awhile and the cycle continues.

but dont start at ww1. if you go back to the beginning of recorded history, you will find that almost every civilization has had at least one major war during each generation. young men want to prove themselves and old men forget the horrors of war. its in the human genome. i just dont see any end in sight (short of the extinction of the human race).

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by snafu7700

Originally posted by AJAG

very good point. we learn, things are ok for a few years, and then people start forgetting about how horrible war is. so they send the next generation to battle in order to secure the peace. then things are good for awhile and the cycle continues.

but dont start at ww1. if you go back to the beginning of recorded history, you will find that almost every civilization has had at least one major war during each generation. young men want to prove themselves and old men forget the horrors of war. its in the human genome. i just dont see any end in sight (short of the extinction of the human race).

Oh yeah, completely agree, just started at WW1 just because I found it funny about learning from WW3 and wanted to be ironic about it.

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 09:40 PM
link   
You'd think they'd call them new stalin's and such no? Since they are leftists?

The Chavez-Morales axis, er, collaboration, seems to clearly be set up to create a 'counter' to US hegemony in latin america. Polarization could cause a problem.

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 12:37 AM
link   
There's still too many ex soviet dictators though Nygdan. That kinda spoils it for current propaganda purposes.

new topics

top topics

join