It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I haven't had a solid bowel movement in forever

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I've been low-carbing like crazy and forgot what it was like to actually have a solid or somewhat solid bowel movement. I'm starting to chafe!

Anyone else have this problem?

Peace

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 11:25 AM
link   
That's a little more information than I wanted. lol j/k

Doesn't fiber solve that problem?

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Sorry I can't help it

Your threads have a theme that's for sure.

Regarding your problem...
Does anyone else like to eat raw ground beef?

This isn't helping I'm sure.

Try taking a small dose of sugar-free Metamucil

[edit on 11/5/2006 by Umbrax]

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Excuse me while I upload my colonoscopy results.

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Sorry guys, what I meant was that the consistency isn't solid.

Peace

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 11:53 AM
link   
you're doing something wrong. talk to anyone who's successfully done the no carb thing and they will tell you about the nightmare of producing a diamond hard raisin once a week,

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 12:07 PM
link   
There's no way I'm letting this get to the bottom of the recent posts list.

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
I've been low-carbing like crazy and forgot what it was like to actually have a solid or somewhat solid bowel movement. I'm starting to chafe!

Anyone else have this problem?

Peace

should you not have signed off with something more along the lines of loose? or pieces?

sorry, I couldn't resist.

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Dr Love,

I would up my intake of carbs' a bit...rice, potatoes and such. Do you eat things like chickpeas, lentils ect? They can cause prob's.

You are obviously not constipated so i don't think you need any more fibre. Do you drink 6-8 glass of water per day? You should.

Also i would go to the Doc' as it could be a gastrointestinal absorption issue.

Dr sanc'

[edit on 11-5-2006 by sanctum]

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 12:44 PM
link   
if you're doing the low carb diet and you're eating things with sugar alcohols that say no carb impact (sugar free candies, atkins bars etc) you will get seriously ill. malitol and the other itols, in large doses (several candies a day) will give you something called anal leakage. that, my friend, is far worse than the usual squirts issue.

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I eat two huge salads a day and meat, that's pretty much it. I've dropped 10 lbs. already.

Sanc', I drink about three glasses of water a day and two glasses of cranberry juice. I figure it's the salads that are making me loose, but I'm not sure.

Crakeur, I'm pretty sure I'm not to the anal leakage stage yet.

Peace

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Bananas, bud. When a kid gets "loose", you put 'em on the BRAT diet. That's bananas, rice, applesauce, and toast. I don't know how that in entirety might throw off your diet, but I'd think a banana wouldn't hurt. Lots of potassium, too.

Wacky diets. Always an issue.

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Dr. Love, I feel your pain or at least I have in the past.

Diet change can sometimes throw off the gut bacteria. Go to the health food store and get a very inclusive micro/bio/bacteria pill and call me in the morning.

Wait a minute, youre the DR.

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I think i've worked it out. Trust me, i'm a mod.

The meat is what is making your stools solid, but the 2 huge salads per day are responsible for the inconsistency.

Up your carbs and eat 1 salad per day.

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Don't listen to these quacks.

what's in the salads Doc? some vegies are actually very high in carbs (tomatos for one).

switch to lettuce (iceberg or romaine) or spinach and the meats.

as I've said, I have a ton of experience with the low carb lifestyle. you should be begging for a shoehorn and an episiotomy when you sit on the thrown.

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Can we get an audio clip of the splash-action?!

Juuuuust kidding....

I've been on a "no red meat" diet myself and have noticed an unfathomable increase in leaving a huge stink behind in the bathroom....Maybe we're long lost toilet brothers Dr. Love

Much luck on getting that consistancy back that we all strive for!

[edit on 5/11/2006 by EnronOutrunHomerun]

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Dr. Love.....once again you have seemed to cut through layers of socialization in order to share what, for all intents and purposes, has always been, well, unshareable. I thank you for your candor (at least I think I do). All I can say is "What! No pictures?"

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Can you eat cheese?
I think that will bung you up a little.

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 10:52 PM
link   
you're just crapping out all the excess fat. Since you're trying to lose weight, this is probably a good thing? the fat has to come out of you from somewhere.

btw I can't believe I'm responding to a thread with this title

but if you want to stop it, eat rice, plantains and other starchy foods.

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I just had to return to see whether there has been an update on this thread. After all, we all are worried about our fellow member, Dr. Love. In the past we might have suspected that Dr. Love was full of , well, you know what I mean. But this time it's true!!

I was hoping to get an update on what could be a saga of great depth, length and even breadth. I just hope and pray that everythings comes out OK in the end.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join