It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The AP just broke the story: NSA is collecting records of all our phone calls!!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Why on earth would they need a record of every phone that we make?? It's bad enough that they watch our every move with access to credit card transactions, cameras on highways/city streets/traffic lights...now it is confirmed that they are also spying on us at home.

I used to think there wasn't much to this whole NWO theory, but it's looking more and more real every day.

news.yahoo.com...

BTW I spotted this on Yahoo news as the top story, then less than 5 minutes later Yahoo had already took it off the main news page. Maybe someone from Washington gave them a call? Things that make you go "hmmmm...."

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Sadly it's nothing new. The only thing we have going for us is that there are only a few thousand NSA spooks and 300 million citizens to watch. I'm not even going to boggle my head figuring out the ratio. Math isn't my strong suit.

[edit on 11-5-2006 by Crazy_Mr_Crowley]

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 09:03 AM
link   
It IS new. Random listening by the FCC is a horse of a different color. Now maybe this is why all the people i know who have Comcast are having difficulties dialing, specifically, having to punch in the number twice- no ringing, and the people at the other end get a ring, answer and nobody is there.

Its irritating as all hell.

I dont have anything to hide, i just dont like being inconvenienced by paying the high prices and getting very poor service.

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 09:13 AM
link   
This is absolutely illegal and the president simply does not have the authority to get logs of all phone calls in the US. At absolute best he could get congressional approval, but that wasn't done here.

Cug

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Longer story in USA Today

www.usatoday.com...

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Oh but it is OK - I have nothing to hide. They can listen to my phone calls, search my house and cars, look at my spending. HEY - if it makes us safer, they can put camera's in my bedroom too. We don't need privacy.

Hahahaa!!!!

That is what many will say - "Its OK if it makes us safer."

Remember the saying - if you give up freedom for security, you deserve neither, freedom nor security.

This really makes me mad (again). Where are the protestors? Why (again) can we do nothing about it?

It is beginning to look like our forefathers died in vain.

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 09:35 AM
link   
They've been reporting it on fox all morning, but don't have a weblink, infact I couldn't find a weblink for most of the morning, not on ccn, ap, fox, googled it and got nothing, etc.

Fox is spinning it as an attempt to smash the administrations NSA head nominee.

ATSNN submission on this subject

www.abovetopsecret.com...

That would make ATSNN one of, what a handful of sites reporting the information??

[edit on 11-5-2006 by Nygdan]

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Here's the CNN article:

www.cnn.com...

Next we'll change the name of the US to Oceania, heck we've already got the war!

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Newsflash- Bush denies government is listening;
And of course we believe Bush when he says that because HE WOULD NEVER LIE TO US!

We are prisoners.
All thanks to the modern technology of the newer model, the Fink-O-tron 9000.

[edit on 11-5-2006 by dgtempe]

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Search "NSA phone records" on Google news. 819 hits as of this posting. A lot of those hits posted VERY recently.

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Its responses like those that Godservant's pointed out above that are making the Sheeple sleepwalk into a prison..... 'oohhhh I have nothing to hide - they can watch all they like - search everything - do anything - if im safe thats ok!

FEAR is what the goverment want you to have in you so they can strip away your freedoms. FEAR is the tool they use to erode what was fought for and paid for in blood - freedom.

You lose freedom you are a slave - But better a safe slave than a fighting free man?

wake up, see that fear is their tool in use against you, and start thinking about what is being lost forever - Your freedom.

WAKE UP PEOPLE AND GET READY TO RUMBLE!
(Or not as the case seems to be with the masses - Lets get ready to be tagged, numbered and culled)

[edit on 11/5/06 by MadGreebo]

JAK

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 02:06 PM
link   
The BBC are reporting the story here: Jak

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Hey like the saying, "If you got nothing to hide, don't worry." Me personaly I have nothing to hide. *wink**wink*. I don't talk on phones, or in e-mail, thats what snail mail is for. And face to face meetings. *Knock**knock* "Crap someone is at my door, brb..." Hehe, yeah. Just don't do it out in the open, and to them you are just a normal everyday citizen, until its too late MWHAHAHAHAHAH!
Yeah its wrong for them to do it, but what are you gonna do? Nothing, because you can't do anythign about it, because if you try you will end up commiting suicide.(for all you paranoids out there).

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 08:01 PM
link   
It's all about the government slowly taking control of all of us by causing most of the public to think it's the best thing to do with all the dangerous terrorism going on and all!!

Peace

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Just remember: Hillary Clinton will be WORSE than Bush, so vote for somebody else in either the primaries or later (if there isn't fraud).

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 09:48 PM
link   
That's not right.

No one can ever say, the Goverment isn't afraid of the people. I think there are people at the top, and they seem to worry greatly about "the bottom".

Besides, there are people out there who would hurt people for no reason, and don't understand the most affectively way to change the world, is by thinking. If you can't change the mind of the people, you can never change the world. The problem being is the goverment has TOO MUCH indirect control over thought these days, first with oil, and now Ethanol 805, being a ploy for the gas-big businesses(with the only exceptions of Steel and Airlines.) to make THEM more money privately. I think most ATS-ers need to learn from the mods, READ HISTORY BOOKS, POLITICAL SCIENCE BOOKS, AND LAW BOOKS AND WEBSITES!!! SO YOU CAN PROVE IT, if you can't PROVE IT, then how can you change society?

Although, it also allows one/you to understand how the world, universe, etc. works.

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
It IS new. Random listening by the FCC is a horse of a different color. Now maybe this is why all the people i know who have Comcast are having difficulties dialing, specifically, having to punch in the number twice- no ringing, and the people at the other end get a ring, answer and nobody is there.

Its irritating as all hell.

I dont have anything to hide, i just dont like being inconvenienced by paying the high prices and getting very poor service.

That wouldn't surprise me, I read in a newspaper recently, that one of the excutives of Comcast is close friends of Bush or his family, so it wouldn't surprise me, if there isn't a connection between that, the war, the NSA stuff, and that "odd" occurance that keeps happening. Way too many people are talking about it for the last 2 weeks at work, mostly customers, so I think it's possibly their main company to montitor or to test new equipment on the public.

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I heard something about this on the news about a year ago, I remember talking to my mom about the government being able to filter certain words out of our phone conversations.
Now this is all the sudden coming out all over the news again .
I think they are trying to get our minds on something else so we will shut up about the gas prices.

Just my thoughts

[edit on 11-5-2006 by SonyaChristina]

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 12:01 AM
link   
huh?
someone correct me if i'm wrong, but wasn't there an ATSNN submission about At&t sending phone data to teh NSA for at least three weeks now? or was it all just in my head? is it news because it's now known that all phone records are being collected?

www.abovetopsecret.com...
(edit: link added)

[edit on 12-5-2006 by karby]

new topics

top topics

join