It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help my ISP has Banned this website

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by warthog911
Many controversial users have stopped psoting since sunday the day the news servers were installed.I am beigning to suspect that ats could be a counterintpro.If you are not ATS then prove it by unbanning my isp.

Why are you taking such a threatening approach to this issue?

Why would we ban you suddenly and with no reason or warning? You've been a poster here for over a year. Taking the stance that controversial posters are banned is ironic seeing as ATS discusses the controversial.

We have our fair share of issues to sort out after such a hugely technical move, where all number of small problems have appeared. We are going through them in order of importance and will look at this issue as soon as we can.

EVERYONE PLEASE NOTE

This forum while intended to discuss board issues and operations, is not necessarily the best place to post questions to staff. There are two dedicated means to do this, the Suggestion Box - a means of sending a complaint/issue/query direct to the staff, and U2U's - an instant direct means of communication with specific staff members.

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I am sorry simon for the stance but i am going mad that why i am the only one who is unable to access this website.Could yo plz tell me what should i tell my engineer so that he can fix the problem.
Again i am sorry.Paronia..what can i do

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Again i am deeply sorry.Curses to that user who send spam to you guys.Anyways patience is a virtue,I hope this problem is resolved.

ps:what the..agent smith posted someting and now its gone.

[edit on 13-5-2006 by warthog911]

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Can you U2U me what error you are seeing on trying to access ATS?

Also, can you tell me if you can access TinWiki, PTS, BTS, IgnoranceDenied, any of the satellite sites also.

Thank you.

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Well, i have heard of ISP's blocking sites like Prisonplanet.com, infowars.com and anything linked to Alex Jones. That was Tiscali [sic] i believe.

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 02:21 PM
link   

ps:what the..agent smith posted someting and now its gone.

I was saying that it might be due to the IP address range being banned due to someone sending spam from (or spoofing) an IP in the same range as you, but after double checking after I'm not sure if it only applies to emails. Seeing as the comment was pretty useless based on that uncertainty I got rid of it, sorry for the confusion!

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 02:52 PM
link   
On the subject I've been looking in a little more and a Google search on 'Stealh Blocking' may yield some clues if that's what is happening:

Google Search - 'Stealh Blocking'

I haven't read it properly, but going by the first couple of paragraphs this may be a good site for info:

"Stealth blocking" refers to the practice of Internet Service Providers that do not advertise that their Internet service is "filtered", but block their users from reaching certain Web sites. When the user attempts to access a blocked site, they see only an error message saying that the site is not responding, so virtually all users are unaware that any blocking is going on.

Until recently, it was safe to say that even though some ISPs did this, it was probably not happening to you. But America Online announced in March 2004 that they are going to begin silently blocking Web sites as well, and there is a danger that the practice could spread to other major ISPs. AOL claims that they will block only spammer Web sites, but other ISPs which have engaged in the practice made the same claim, and ended up blocking a wide range of other sites as well, either accidentally or deliberately. And since AOL has a history of blocking emails that even contain any mention of a URL such as www.bushin30seconds.org, we think AOL users should have every reason to be skeptical of AOL's plans for "stealth blocking" of their Web access.
www.peacefire.org...

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 03:31 PM
link   
If this site has changed servers the site is at a different IP than it used to be. I think that means that if you haven't cleared your cookies you are being redirected. A security feature of some kind could be preventing that. Sorry if I'm speaking from the wrong hole, I only dabble in technology, and not really computers primarily.

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 03:51 PM
link   
If it is a DNS issue at your ISP this is easily corrected by bypassing the DNS call:

If you are running your browser on a Windows system, run the following in a command window:

notepad \windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts

This will bring up the Windows hosts file.
Add the following line to the file:

74.52.37.180 www.abovetopsecret.com abovetopsecret.com

Separate the three fields with tabs. This is a workaround until the new IP is correctly propagated to your ISP´s DNS servers.
Alternatively, select another DNS server in your TCP/IP settings.

Try minerva.ttd.net

Problems? u2u me.

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I can confirm we are not blocking your IP address or the subnet.

I'll await your U2U, but the issue doesn't appear to be something from our end.

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Hmmm. Strange.

They really can't do that to anyone.

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 08:30 PM
link   

YOu know what the engineer tried to trace it and it ws untracable!.

U2U me the contact information (names and emails) of the people you worked with at your ISP and I'll contact them directly to troubleshoot the problem.

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 12:36 AM
link   
My engineer called up on friday night said that thier router has blocked this website for some reason,he then unblocked it and said it should be working but it is still not working for me,he came yesterday tried to do some geek stuff and when he gave up he called someone and said that thier isp has been blacklisted.He also said that thier ip or dns pool in which my pc uses is blacklisted.I said that if it is then also other other users in my vicinity would also have the problem and yes their are also unable to access the website but users of the other pool are able to.If the problem presists like this then i woud have to change my isp

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I see you have sent mass u2u about the problem.Thanks ATs for that,i'll be sending the data right over.Hope enough people are having problems so that you can revert back to old servers(insert sarcasm)

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 03:41 AM
link   
ok i can see that many users are reporting accessing problems.I hope my unique problem can be fixed as i get 404 error whenever i access ats. hope you can fix your servers asap.I have even given the tracert to the concerned mod.btw i am still using the bypasser

top topics

<< 1   >>

join