It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GEOS-8 Chile's Weather Satellite snaps a UFO.......

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Ok, found this while scouting around looking for UFO stuff i haven't seen, which is hard these days.
But came across this little gem, not sure if its been done already on ATS, and this incident actually goes back to 1992.

Now this picture is taken using infra red, and the parallel lines around the UFO, is electromagnetic interference.

"The lines that can be seen in front of the UFO belong to electromagnetic interference that came from the UFO," Sanchez explained.

And it was HUGE.

"According to Mario Vilches, the gigantic saucer measured "400 kilometers (240 miles) in diameter."

I cant link this pic, so please go to the main link at bottom to see picture.

Now apparently this picture "disappeared very quickly" from GOES website.
Goes website link.
www.goes.noaa.gov...

Why didn't this make big news?

Here's how it was handled.

"In its evening news broadcast on January 26, 1999, Chilean broadcaster Channel 13 aired a story involving a infrared photo taken by the GOES-8 weather satellite (part of the orbiting NOA series). The image, taken July 17 1992, shows clearly a huge disc shaped object in outer space high above the Pacific Ocean in front of the Chilean coast. This image was captured by "Servicio Aero Fotometrico (SAF) de Santiago" and handed to the local authorities (Air Force). Copies of the images were also given to a few people like Mr. Gustavo Rodriguez, former ATC and UFOlogist who now works for CEFAA (Official UFO Commitee). "

Funny how the Brazilians, Mexicans, Chileans authorities have much less of a problem discussing this in the open, or take the UFO topic a lot more seriously.

Link to main page.

www.ufoevidence.org...

For me this is quite compelling, i wonder just how much NASA do air brush out things??

[edit on 11-5-2006 by Denied]

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 07:36 AM
link   
400 kilometers in diameter

How can something that BIG GO UNOTICED ?

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by helium3
How can something that BIG GO UNOTICED ?

If pictures were removed from the goes.noaa.gov website then I'm guessing it didn't. Can anyone confirm if the picture on the ufoevidence link () is a genuine GOES-8 Weather Satellite image, that hasn't been tampered with? If it is, then what could that object possibly be?

[edit on 11-5-2006 by Code_Burger]

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Well a UFO.
I cant confirm whether this has been tampered with or whether a real sat. image.

Maybe our fellow ATS members can help.
For me the aim is to get as much info on the UFO topic out there thats seems credible, which is hard, but the more "credible" stuff we see, i hope it makes the people behind the cover up unsettled.

Probably not
, but still a nice thought.

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Denied
..... this incident actually goes back to 1992.

......Now apparently this picture "disappeared very quickly" from GOES website.

Spot anything odd there?

However, more damning is the fact that GOES 8 was not launched until April 1994.

(see also here

So, once we have one fact clearly wrong, we start to doubt the rest of the story...

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Good point, i wonder if it was a previous satelite then?
maybe someone should tell www.ufoevidence.com

But its good to know this, thanks.

GOES-1, launched on October 16, 1975, decomissioned
GOES-2, launched on June 16, 1977 decomissioned
GOES-3, launched on June 16, 1978 Used as a communications relay for the South Pole research station.
GOES-4, launched on September 9, 1980, Decommissioned
GOES-5, launched on May 22, 1981, deactivated on July 18, 1990
GOES-6, launched on April 28, 1983, Decommissioned
GOES-7, launched April 28, 1987, Decommissioned
GOES-8, launched on April 13, 1994, Decommissioned
GOES-9, launched on May 23, 1995, operational with limitations, leased to Japan
GOES-10, launched on April 25, 1997, in operation
GOES-11, launched on May 3, 2000, orbiting - in storage
GOES-12, launched on July 23, 2001, in operation

Maybe No.7? Maybe not.

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 03:56 PM
link   
How do they know it isn't close to the screen and small? Still realy cool looking. It must be real.

[edit on 11-5-2006 by Rappa Z]

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Awesome picture!

They speak of a movie, has anyone stumbled upon it?

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 05:35 AM
link   
You'll find identical photo's from the goes satellites in other hemispheres, whenever the moon is in the right position to appear in the satellite's field of view.

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by mythatsabigprobe
You'll find identical photo's from the goes satellites in other hemispheres, whenever the moon is in the right position to appear in the satellite's field of view.

Why does it look elliptical ?
Earth shadow ?

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Essan

The image, taken July 17 1992, shows clearly a huge disc shaped object in outer space high above the Pacific Ocean in front of the Chilean coast. This image was captured by "Servicio Aero Fotometrico (SAF) de Santiago" and handed to the local authorities (Air Force)

there are two different sets of images showing the same type of shadow/structure/image, I think.

One from SAF in 1992 and a second from GEOS-8 in 1999.

[edit on 7-5-2009 by Ravenholdt1]

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Yep. It's the Moon. There are more examples here:

cimss.ssec.wisc.edu...

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Comparing the two 3 images, the first being the supposed ufo and the other 2, well they have nothing in common, visually i mean. That first photo if its real, looks like the real deal, the other two with the moon, well they look exactly like the moon.

Then again what do i know.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Thanks, very interesting, when you try to wrap your brain around a 400km flying object its hard to do. My question is, how can such a large object up there avoid all the 1000 satellites and space junk orbiting the earth.

"Did you know there are over eight thousand artificial objects orbiting Earth? Over 2,500 are satellites, operative and inoperative. The remaining objects are orbital debris. "

NASA J-Track

Yes before you shoot me, i know the earth's circumference is about 40.000km, still, this objects circumfence is 1256km which is about 1/30 of the earths. Say 30 or more of these arrive, a total sunblock is then possible.

-------

One more, the article mentions both 1992, 1996 and 1999, someone said GOES-8 wasnt launched in 1992 but in 1994, so according to NASA data the below is false.

"According to Chilean ufologist Luis Sanchez Perry, the program "showed an infrared photo taken by GOES-8 on July 17, 1992, clearly showing a large disc-shaped object ".

But more recent images, taken in 1996 according to article, is correct then.

"The second GOES-8 video was shot on April 7, 1996. Although the image disappeared very quickly from the GOES website, it was downloaded by Chile's Centro Meteorologico Regional de Antofagasta. "

NASA GOES status pages

[edit on 2009/5/8 by reugen]

new topics

top topics

join