It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Edgar Cayce and Today

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 04:07 AM
link   
I was just curious what some of the members think of Edgar Cayce's predictions about the time following the new millenium? Among the prophets in our past, it is his predictions that seem to have the most accuracy when it comes to events transpiring as he dictated. Among other things, he said our world will come to an end with the emergance of a man following the last Pope of the Catholic Church, Benedict. What say you fellow deniers of ignorance? Are Edgar Cayce's predictions to be believed and followed as warning? Or is he yet another in a long stream of would-be seers hoping to make their mark on the future of our race?

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Edgar was an interesting fellow, I watched a Documentary on the History Channel about him and his exploits. My opinion was that he was the real deal and you can visit his entire compilation of prophecy's in the Smithsonian I believe. He like many "true" prophets fall victim to the butterfly effect and although they see the future relative to that timeline they inadvertanly alter the events through their actions.

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I think it is time to get ready.

However, I don't think he said it would be the end of the world - didn't he say a world war would lower the population considerably?

Know how to hunt, forage and farm.

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by godservant
Know how to hunt, forage and farm.

Yes if you didn't how to survive in the wilderness before an apocalyptic world war, then well you're basically #ed. You can't be taught those skills you either are born with fight/flight mentality and I happen to fight. Learn how to make a fire, live off edible plants, etc. Read some of those Worst Case Scenario Handbooks and you'll get an idea what I'm talking about...

I truly hope the human race can pull out of its depression and just skip WW3. However, I am unsure whether or not most people are willing to leave their ignorant lives and enter the illuminated path...May God Have Mercy On Us All.

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 02:54 PM
link   
edgar is really a person i admire alot, just for his shear will to help others, he was a very religious man, devote christain, an 1st found out about his powers after being hit in the head, he went to sleep with a book under his pillow on mistake an woke up with all the knowledge of that book, an onward thruout his life did more things start to come to play, untill he was able to fully disignose* anyone with just a name an sometimes a pic, he would go into a trance an read them as if he was preforming an altopsy, he also in these same trances gave prophectic messages, some which stick in my head ,

are;
the great lakes will drain into the Gulf via the mississippi

atlantis would rise off the east coast

WW3 would be started by a man who was extremely wonderious, great to his people an then will change overnight an show his true colors once his pawns are lined up.

an of course the Pole shifts.

i honestly believe he an not many can accuratly predict TIMES, becuz we created time, who knows if thats correct in the sense of true nature of things. i do know that he has helped a SERIES of people ranging around in the hundred of thousands, an prolly more, Visit the A.R.E. www.edgarcayce.org... for his readings, an other info, they mostly try an make money off him, but his ideas still shine thru.

[edit on 11-5-2006 by Tranceopticalinclined]

[edit on 11-5-2006 by Tranceopticalinclined]

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I actually respect cayce. he has a great track record and unlike msot so called psychics, was not out to make money, but geninuely wanted to help people, and lived and died relatively poor. I believe he did have a gift of sorts.

top topics

join