It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Presidential Itinerary Found In Trash Just Before Trip

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 10:20 PM
link   
A District of Columbia sanitation worker found a detailed schedule of President Bush's trip to Florida next to a trash truck just hours before the President departed. The schedule included which car the president would be travelling in and the exact arrival and departure times of all the Presidential aircraft, among other things.

www.wusatv9.com
Bush Administration officials insist they have no idea how a minute-by-minute schedule for the President's trip to Florida landed in a pile of trash, where almost anyone could grab it, hours before the President took off.

The document in question appears to be a White House staff schedule for the President's trip to Florida Tuesday. And a sanitation worker was alarmed to find in the trash long hours before Mr. Bush left for his trip.

The documents details the exact arrival and departure time for Air Force One, Marine One and the back up choppers, Nighthawk 2 and Three. It lists every passenger on board each aircraft, from the President to military attaché with nuclear football. It offers the order of vehicles in the President's motorcade.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

It's hard to believe an Administration as concerned with secrecy as this one could be so careless with something that could really affect Presidential security. Had someone less honest than the worker (an ex-convict, nonetheless) found it, who knows how the information may have been used.

The document wasn't classified, only "sensitive". Still, one has to wonder what other sensitive information might be unaccounted for.

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Well that has to be just about one of the most embarassing things I have ever read about.

Perhaps if the administration would stop worrying so much about infringing on our rights to privacy they'd be able to use a bit of brainpower to remember where documents concerning the President's safety are.

What an absolute joke.

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by eaglewingz

The document wasn't classified, only "sensitive". Still, one has to wonder what other sensitive information might be unaccounted for.

Even if it wasn't "classified" but only "sensitive" doesn't really make a difference. I know for a fact that if you work for the State Department and even just leave "sensitive" material on your desk before you leave, you get into a lot of trouble. People at the State Department have safes that they put their "important" documents into before they leave each night. Doesn't the White House have the same proceedure or a close enough of a proceedure? I guess what I'm getting at is someone's in for a heck of a lot of trouble over this.

new topics

join