It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mad at God

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I am mad at God right now. It's for the silliest thing (which only demonstrates how selfish and immature and ungrateful humans can be) but I am. I have apologized for my anger and I am still praying and seeking Him, but the anger is still there. I don't like it. It's so uncomfortable. Anyone every felt the same way? How did it end up? Just want it to pass.

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Let me tell you a little story.
There was once a little boy living in a small town of poverty. He loved his God. Every night he made prayers. Asking for a roof to live under, food on the table, love from his family and general wellbeing. He never asked for anymore. All of which was granted every day.

But one day the little boy and his dad had a major disagreement. It was extemely awkward for the boy. That night, he prayered to his God to saying that the only way to help his situation is if his dad died as soon as possible. (Yeah, selfish)

Guess what? next day the father was found dead.
The boy grew up hating his God, never to ask for anything again, yet still beliving in his existence.

Now the little boy has grown up and has found 'peace' with his anger.
Still he belives, doesn't pray or go to church. He believes that God understands his choice to do so.

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 10:49 AM
link   
The down side of being an atheist.. no one to blame when things go wrong.

..cursing bad luck doesn't seem to cut it.

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by riley
The down side of being an atheist.. no one to blame when things go wrong.

..cursing bad luck doesn't seem to cut it.

No, no it doesn't.

Found, what is it that has made you angry with God? I think we all feel angst or even anger towards Him at some point or another. After all, God isn't a yes man. He's not a tame God, He has His own will that can go against our own. As such, we can feel frustrated or angry because our own path made so much sense to us in our minds, and we can't understand what His purpose was in changing our lives in whatever way He chooses to.

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Found, I wouldn't worry too much about it. It will pass and eventually as you grow with God you will learn to understand His will more easily.

You are only human and it will get better.

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I got mad at God once - really mad. It lasted for several years.

Finally I realised that it wasn't God's fault. I should have been angry with religion, not God. I had confused the two.

My case is probably radically different than yours, but in my case I simply realised that I had been lied to about God. I stopped trying to follow a particular church and started over.

I ended up not being a Christian, but being very close to God just the same - and I don't see how I could ever be angry with God again.

May your anger pass and leave room for something beautiful and peaceful in its place.

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Thanks for the support. I see now how He has used by "unanswered prayer" to help someone close to me. I must continue to work on trusting Him in all instances, not only when He gives me exactly what I want.

top topics

join