It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"The Secret"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Trailer here
Website here

Has this been discussed here already (I'm guessing it has)? If so, could someone please point me to the thread? My search didn't show anything.

Thanks!

EDIT: Btw, the speakers on the DVD are:

John Assaraf
Michael Beckwith
Lee Brower
Jack Canfield
John F. Demartini
Marie Diamond
Bob Doyle
Hale Dwoskin
Morris E. Goodman
John Gray
John Hagelin
Bill Harris
Esther Hicks
Ben Johnson
Loral Langemeier
Lisa Nichols
Bob Proctor
James Arthur Ray
David Schirmer
Marci Shimoff
Joe Vitale
Denis Waitley
Neale Donald Walsch
Fred Alan Wolf

EDIT2: "The Secret" is about the Law of Attraction, btw. Which says that everything we feel and think will manifest and that everything basically is made up of energies and vibrations that you can control. Really interesting stuff!

[edit on 10-5-2006 by swi7ch]

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Hey there,

Yep there has been a few things on it,

here 1 jut to get your teeth in to, www.belowtopsecret.com...

ill peek around and find you some more

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 08:58 PM
link   
wow that was cool i have never seen that.

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 08:59 PM
link   
www.belowtopsecret.com...

It's viral marketing for the Master Key System by Charles Haanel.

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by eaglewingz
www.belowtopsecret.com...

It's viral marketing for the Master Key System by Charles Haanel.

Is the Master Key System the same as the Law of Attraction? Because basically, "The Secret" talks all about the Law of Attraction (which is FASCINATING to me considering that I've only learned about the whole concept just tonight!).

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 09:42 PM
link   
So is this a 'movie' - as in rent the move or see it in a theater near you.... or is this some sort of internet 'you have to buy it' deal?

If you can rent it, I'm in. If you have to pay to watch it once.... with a credit card etc... I don't know...

Anyone see it yet?

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 09:54 PM
link   
From the BTS thread :

originally posted by TheBandit795
Yep, $4.95 to see the movie on your screen... hmmpffhh

originally posted by armageddonbeliever
just got an email from the secret...its was all hype...there ain't gonna be a worldwide TV event...just a crappy trailer released on the site on the 23rd...pay-per- view for the actual movie and a DVD release...

But just think! Only $4.95 for all the money and power you could ever want!!

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 02:47 AM
link   
$4.95 is when you view the video online or something, but if you order the DVD to be delivered home it'll be about $29,95 ex. delivery costs.

In the list of people mentioned in the first post I'm missing one name which is from the individual that taught me all about this and was a part of the making. He gave me a free copy of this dvd, but I still have to watch it.

The law of attraction is Mental Alchemy which was first taught by Hermes Tresmegistus. The basics are explained in various books about the Hermetic Philosophy such as The Kybalion. In this it is stated that all is vibrations, which science today comfirms by their research about neutrons, electrons, ions, nucleus, quarks. Still everything is ONE and connected, all dualities are nothing more then a degree of the ONE. Such as Heat and Cold are but degrees of Temperature. Hermetic Masters can thus use their will to alter vibration and thus the degree of how they experience/percieve THE ONE. Mind of Matter kind of idea when applied to the Heat/Cold excample. But it is applicable to any sphere of taught and experience of life.

The Law of Attraction takes that teaching, but goes more indepth. It takes Emotions as the one and mentions many degrees and vibrations of it such as Hate, Depression, Anger, Fear, Joy, Love and more. Combined by the psychological Sedona Method you can learn to adjust the degrees/vibrations of these emotions and thus turn any emotion into that which you want it to be. It takes a lot of practice and self-exploration to reach that level of willpower.

The Law of Attraction also states that you attract that which you send out. So if you experience thoughts related to problems your mind will vibrate at a lower rate thus generating less positive thoughts. Send out these thoughts and you'll attract more of it. Thus people with "serious" problems get trapped in a downward spiral which they can just as easily turn around in an upward spiral if they had the willpower to see through the illusions and dare to take "riks" and make some drastic changes in their thought and possible even life patterns.

But this all doesn't only apply to emotions, but to anything in life. I shall give you a very simple real life excample of my own. About a year ago I was working for an employer that was awfull so logically I started to look for a different job. If you read between the lines of the previous paragraphs you might've learned that the mind is powerfull, so powerfull that you can utilize it to "create" the things you require as long as it is within accordance of your true self. I created my job oppertunity and many more, but I shall stick to the excample of my job. I made it known to the universe that I would like a new job in which I could explore my talents more, work with nice friendly people with similar interests and make an abundance of money. Still I kept going to my regular job and didn't spend any more time wondering about getting a new job and one day, 2 weeks after making my desire known to the universe, I came home and my dad was sitting on the sofa and he said that there were 3 people retiring and they were looking for new people. I recognized this as the manifestation of my creation (all my "Magic" manifests within 3 weeks time) and didn't hesitate to take the offer. Since then I've been working at my current job and loving it earning more money then I can spend, even with my massive book fetish, girlfriend, vacations, new house that needs furnishing etc.

The important part when making it known to the universe what you want needs to be done in accordance with your true divine self also referred to as Higher Guardian Angel (occult), Inner Being, Higher Self (new-age) or the Descended Spirit of Christ/Mohammed (Judaism/Christianity/Islam) depending on the path you walk in life. This means that you create that which you truly need on a level most people can't understand due to their materialistic need to create 1 million dollar, which obviously won't happen 1-2-3. It is important to create in accordance with your Divine Self meaning you create something on a higher place and there you'll immediately have it, but it still needs to manifest in the reality you live in, thus you need to create as if you already have it. If you create with the will of Needing it means you don't have it, you lack it and you will send the vibration of Lacking Off into the Universe thus you won't get it. Creating in accordance with your Divine Self is easier said then done for most people though.

This teaching, or secret if you wish, is the very foundation of life and when I learned it in practice I've made it the backbone of my own practices.

This teaching also shows quite simply why Magi believe that you should not only take responsibility for your actions, but for your thoughts as well. That people should become more aware of their thoughts. The creation process isn't Thought. Action, Word (in that order) because it sounds nice It just is

[edit on 11-5-2006 by Enyalius]

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I have watched part of this movie online and the jist is yes take responsibility for all of your actions, thoughts, and words.

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Did they discuss quantum physics?

It sounds a lot like the "Seven Spiritual Laws." If you go to Borders or B&N, You could probably find a book on the topic. I know that Deepac Chopra has written a bool on it, and there have been other authors who have done so as well.

As I was watching the trailer, I couldn't help but think about a book entitled "What does God want?" I debated whether I should buy or should I read the book at the store to see if I could find the answer. Well, I decided that I didn't want to buy the book just to find some bogus answer so I read it at the store. Well......I was highly disappointed when I found the answer. I don't want to spoil the answer for anyone who might be interested in getting the book. If you would like to know the answer, u2u me and I'll reply with the answer.

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 02:26 PM
link   
You expected some complex answer and was dissapointed by the simplicity of the truth weren't you

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 02:35 PM
link   

You expected some complex answer and was dissapointed by the simplicity of the truth weren't you

At first I thought it was going to be complex; However, as I read the book I thought to myself, "What an easy read." So I told myself, "I bet the answer is going to be so freakin simple." Not only was it simple, but it went against everything I was taught growing up. Well, the author did mention in the beginning that a lot of people would have grievance with what is in the book or something along those lines.

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Yah it's understandable. When I first heard it I was like "Yah sure. How can that work". Out of curiousity I still went to put it into practice. Seeing the state I was in I had little to lose anyway. And it proven to work and has worked ever since. Few months later I came across The Kybalion of Hermetic Philosophy which mentioned excactely the same in different wording in one or two chapters.

Quite nasty to see how simply the truth truly is. Made me see the simplicity in everything.

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Well I just finished watching it. All and all good to watch and it tells you how to use it. But it lacked a presentation of the past of the teaching. Its worth watching it compared to the junk new-age dvd's that proclaim to hold the truth and know how the universe came to be. None of that in this dvd, just talk about the truth and how to use it. No theories and assumptions on how the universe came to be, souls/soulmates and that junk.

What else can I say about it since I've been using "the secret" as the backbone of my magickal system and life for over a year now. It simply is the truth and it works if you know how to use it fully.

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 10:45 AM
link   
“As a man thinketh in his heart, so is he”. Proverbs 23:7

"If you could begin to feel appreciation for the fact that desire exists and anticipation about its unfolding, rather than disappointment that it has not manifested, your energy would clear up by 95% and your manifestations would begin to flow to you so much more easily." --Abraham-Hicks

I purchased the DVD. 19.95

I can tell you the truth, I have used the Law of Attration twice.........it worked.

Maintain your positive side to bring you positive life.

Like energy attracts like energy.........

"Thought is your reality....everything is created in thought."

What do you have to lose?

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 11:56 AM
link   
This seems highly plausible.

God says whatever you fear, you will get, and more annoying things have happened to me when thinking that if one more thing happens, that will be THE drop that makes me beat someone to death. Like suddenly EVERYONE has an attitude and are just dying for a fight. Ordinary people in the street. It's FREAKY!!

You won't believe how many people I saw downtown this morning, came and shopped in the store I work in now. It's a really backward place to get to, only ONE bus goes there too.

Heh, at exactly 09:03 in the morning, right after we opened today, out of the blue a fat ugly, un-shaven and retarded-looking man about 50-60 years old, who I have NEVER seen before, not even right before the incident, just stepped out from an aisle in the MIDDLE of the store, FAR far behind me, and shouted at me "Is your mood on top today? It's allowed to smile on this planet!" Then disappeared behind some other aisles. I remembered the exact time, because I was thinking "Do I tell my boss about this cracker, or what?"
Anyway he was that classical "overweight psyche-ward patient" look. Hehehhehehehe. This other customer who was standing next to me, looked at me with a question in his expression and almost laughed his arse off at the guy.

Some people think it's better to assume that they are right, and that they also HAVE the right, to do and say anything they want to someone, based on their own impression of people. This one guy called ME a jerk, after he violently bumped into me, and I had already gone out of my way to avoid the collision, while the idiot kept looking in another direction pretending not to see me. Then I faked an attack, and boy did he run ;-)
I get that kind of crap a lot, especially from mentally handicapped people who will ROAR at me if I get too close to them. So it must be something only for the mentally impaired. Also, little children stare at me like they're mesmerized, or maybe it's fear hehehehe :-) By little I mean as young as before they develop those parts of their brain, you know? is it 3 or 4 years old? Can't remember.

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Christian IX
I get that kind of crap a lot, especially from mentally handicapped people who will ROAR at me if I get too close to them. So it must be something only for the mentally impaired. Also, little children stare at me like they're mesmerized, or maybe it's fear hehehehe :-) By little I mean as young as before they develop those parts of their brain, you know? is it 3 or 4 years old? Can't remember.

I have this same thing for kids and a lot of people...just stare at me and I don't really know what its supposed to mean. Maybe nothing, maybe something. Animals though too seem to stare at me then go about their business as usual. I think its something to look into though, very interesting subject...

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Yeah biggie smalls :-)

I have that thing with animals too! A seeing-eye-dog did that to me today!

Also, my cat eats everything I throw at it, but isn't so enthusiastic about food that other people give it ;-)

HEHEHEY! The people from another job I applied for, called my über-boss uncle today, asking for references on me! I sense another job opportunity also opening up! :-) I just got off the phone with my uncle :-D
Anyway, time to wash some clothes! :-)

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 12:34 PM
link   
maybe they sense a spiritually awakened (or awakening) person and recognize that we have the power to change, while most people go along their busy lives eating sleeping and pooping. we've gone down a certain road that possibly we can't turn around on...not that its a bad thing, just is what it is...

also, we need to start taking responsibility for everything we do, whether it be bad or good just fess up and move on. theres a lot more things we need to worry about right now than whether or not you stole a CD from the local sam goody or whatever...

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Hehehe, yeah, and I'm being pulled between my natural instinct to learn all the loopholes and routines in my workplace, so that I can rob it later. I really like my boss this time, so I'd feel bad if I did it though.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join