It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gonna Watch It?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Chrisitans:

Gonna watch DaVinci Code in the theatres? Why or why not?

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Oh well, I have decided that it's okay to watch if we will use it as a witnessing tool and help to dispell all the confusion and lies it is spreading.

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 03:56 PM
link   
How about, instead of 'using' the movie to change people's minds about their beliefs, you just watch the movie (if you want) and leave other people to decide for themselves? How 'bout that?

I'm not a Christian and I am going to read the book and then watch the movie when it comes to DVD. And it's not going to change my beliefs one bit and if anyone tries to 'use' the movie to as a tool to change my beliefs, I just might have to

[edit on 13-5-2006 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 04:21 PM
link   
As soon as I finish the book I'm reading now, I'm going to read Angels&Demons, The Da Vinci Code, as well as Holy Blood, Holy Grail, whose authors sued Dan Brown for plagiarism. If I like those books, I'm going to see the movie, maybe in the theaters, or maybe just wait and rent it later. I'm not going to take it as gospel or history, though, just as a (hopefully) good story.

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I'm a big fan of Tom Hanks--IMO, he's never made either a trivial or bad movie. I bet he could make a bad movie good, in my eyes.

So I'm sure I'll have to end up seeing it, although not at the theater (or drive in--a rare entity that exists and thrives in my town--triple screen, even).

Something that got my curiosity up about Hanks doing this, though, is that I've read it mentioned that he is a 'Christian.' (I put that in quotes because #1 I don't know if those are his words or the assessments of other people and #2 I don't know what exactly that means, in relative terms, i.e. what he believes, yada yada)

And of course, it matters little to me what he believes--that's his business (and God's if they choose to make it so).

BUT, judging from the prevalent traditional christian opinion on the book and no doubt, the upcoming flick, it seems odd that he would be doing this if he shared those same ideations...

Anyone heard anything about that angle?

top topics

join