It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the possibility that this site is run by the government?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
This site is run way too well, to be run by the government. If the government were running it, none of the functions would work. The pages wouldnt load. The smilies wouldnt work, the image codes wouldnt work either.

Not to mention that our avatars and member names would be lost or stolen too.

[edit on 23-6-2006 by loam]

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Would love to be able to read the Trash section in this forum, to see what ATS mods let us see and let us not see.

A david icke thread I just posted in has just vanished into the ATS trash bin. heh Im sure some here do think david icke is a nutter and his information only deserves the trash bin, but It seemed a decent thread.

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 08:03 PM
link   
One Man's Trash

Originally posted by crittz
Would love to be able to read the Trash section in this forum, to see what ATS mods let us see and let us not see.

I used to dream of being able to sift through the ATS Trash Bin.

Just imagine what sort of arcane, forbidden knowledge it must contain!

Well, now I can, and...

Except for some interesting board drama once in a great while, it's all basically trash.

Everybody Likes Icke

A david icke thread I just posted in has just vanished into the ATS trash bin. heh Im sure some here do think david icke is a nutter and his information only deserves the trash bin, but It seemed a decent thread.

If you disagree with the decision, please don't hesitate to contact the moderator who trashed the thread, and submit a complaint (Ideas/Complain) if you're not satisfied with the response.

At the very least, if the reason for trashing the thread wasn't included in the U2U you received, the moderator who trashed it shouldn't have any trouble telling you.

No need to wonder about it. We love to answer questions and help members.

Edit: Don't worry about ATS censoring David Icke. He is discussed at length here. We even had a forum for him at one point. If anything, your thread may have been a duplicate.

Google search for David Icke on ATS

[edit on 6/23/2006 by Majic]

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Well, now I can, and...

Except for some interesting board drama once in a great while, it's all basically trash.

If you disagree with a moderator decision on your thread, please don't hesitate to contact the moderator who trashed the thread, and submit a complaint (Ideas/Complain) if you can't work it out.

In any case, if the reason for trashing the thread wasn't included in the U2U you received, the moderator who trashed it shouldn't have any trouble telling you.

No need to wonder about it. We love to answer questions and help members.

Thanks

I didnt recieve a u2u, just found it a little odd it went to trash without reason or expanation (or prehaps my post was the reason for it), and wouldnt know what mod deleted it to u2u.

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I could see it, why you wonder "Why was this person banned?" when they post something to close to home. When you post about how great the war in Iraq is you are made a Way Above Top Secret Winner, when you post about another Bush scandal they ban you.

Or they could be trying to CTA so the government doesn't go after the whole site.

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Alien Abduction

I didnt recieve a u2u, just found it a little odd it went to trash without reason or expanation (or prehaps my post was the reason for it), and wouldnt know what mod deleted it to u2u.

Doh! Sorry. A fellow mod reminded me of what this is. I thought it was your thread.

Unless I'm mistaken, the thread you're referring to was in Political Conspiracies and was trashed due to copyright problems.

The member who posted the thread received the U2U explaining that. Other members wouldn't.

Let me know if this sounds wrong -- and always feel free to submit a complaint if you're not satisfied.

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Gross Conceptual Error

Originally posted by Gigram
When you post about how great the war in Iraq is you are made a Way Above Top Secret Winner, when you post about another Bush scandal they ban you.

Um, do you even read what people post to this site?

WATS is awarded based on member votes.

There are literally thousands of threads discussing Bush scandals. If members were banned for posting them, almost none of us would still be members.

My advice: read what members are posting and then revisit why your assertions are so asinine.

The only cover-up I see in this case is self-imposed.

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gigram
I could see it, why you wonder "Why was this person banned?" when they post something to close to home. When you post about how great the war in Iraq is you are made a Way Above Top Secret Winner, when you post about another Bush scandal they ban you.

Or they could be trying to CTA so the government doesn't go after the whole site.

I'm sorry but WHAT?
Can you restate that?

If you are going to accuse us of something I would appreciate it if it was written in such a way I could UNDERSTAND IT.

Spinger...

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join