It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's Your Favorite Superhero?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2003 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by darklanser
Sorry Ocelot. Rorschach is from The Watchmen. Alan Moore and Dave Gibbons. An awesome comic from the late eighties. A literary and artistic masterpiece. It's a great story of aging Golden Age heroes in a world where no one has "real" super powers except one character (Dr. Manhattan).

Well I need to search for that one and read it then.

posted on Oct, 18 2003 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
Dreamz

Glad you gave your second choices in the spirit of superherodom.

I prefer regular human characters that aren't bitten by radioactive spiders or gamma irradiated or cast off from a distant dead planet under a red sun, myself, as well.

I haven't read The League Of Extraordinary Gentlemen but from having enjoyed the movie I think I might seek it out.

The most heroic character of recent times is one who stands under four feet tall, a barbarian type before becoming cultivated into diplomacy and politics, until finally going through his ascension to papacy and the moon, before it drove him mad and he re-emerged as more of a street philosopher to maybe have a go at fixing the world again.

The Leage movie was cool. I thought I was the only one who thought it was good.

posted on Oct, 18 2003 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Whether or not Batman possesses any superpowers, over and above his years of strength and agility training, is actually a moot point in my opinion.

And one worth throwing at people who list the Dark Knight amongst their favorites.

Daredevil, brought about more or less to give the same 'dark' feel to a Marvel series that has been in and out of Batman for many years, certainly did have superpowers, with the heightening of all his other senses after the accident that blinded him. Probably the truck that bowled him over was carrying radioactive materials as well, I can't recall, but that was the sort of bull# that Mr Lieber used to come out with in all his origins except mutant ones.

posted on Oct, 18 2003 @ 07:58 PM
link   
how bout spiderman.

No love for spiderman? Come on now.

posted on Oct, 18 2003 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ocelot
how bout spiderman.

I said Venom, isnt that close enough.

posted on Oct, 18 2003 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Spiderman is an eternal teenage angst soap opera for nerds.

posted on Oct, 18 2003 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dreamz

Originally posted by Ocelot
how bout spiderman.

I said Venom, isnt that close enough.

Not really. I said SuperHero not SuperVillain.

posted on Oct, 18 2003 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Spiderman is an eternal teenage angst soap opera for nerds.

OMG!! You just slapped me right in the face.

just j/k

posted on Oct, 18 2003 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I think Stan wanted "kids" who read his comics to feel a sort of connection to his characters. Like they could possibly achieve hero status someday. He was tired of aliens from another planet, and millionaire's who could by any gadget they ever dreamed of. His original characters were everyday joe's who just happened to be in the right (or wrong) place at the right time.

I love superheroes. I know this is sort of off topic but, what did everyone think of Unbreakable? I thought it was an awesome superhero movie.

posted on Oct, 18 2003 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by darklanser
I think Stan wanted "kids" who read his comics to feel a sort of connection to his characters. Like they could possibly achieve hero status someday. He was tired of aliens from another planet, and millionaire's who could by any gadget they ever dreamed of. His original characters were everyday joe's who just happened to be in the right (or wrong) place at the right time.

I love superheroes. I know this is sort of off topic but, what did everyone think of Unbreakable? I thought it was an awesome superhero movie.

Unbreakable is one of my favorite movies ever. Loved it.

posted on Oct, 18 2003 @ 08:06 PM
link   
its all about the super villians come on!!..

ect ect

posted on Oct, 18 2003 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Absolutely, the MAXX was a nice piece of work but hey..WOLVERINE PEOPLE!!!
Admantium Skeleton for me anyday!!!
and those sideburns!!

posted on Oct, 18 2003 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Blade Runner
its all about the super villians come on!!..

ect ect

Bahh. I could whupp both of those guys by myself.

posted on Oct, 18 2003 @ 08:15 PM
link   
everybody knows its true..

magneto
venom
catwoman
the joker

even film bad guys are cool

predator
jaws from james bond
scarface
darth vader
hannibal
agent smith
roy batty (blade runner)

ect ect...

superheros are allways crappy and lame with no style..
its all about the villians..

i think the chicks allways secretly prefer the bad guys...

posted on Oct, 18 2003 @ 08:17 PM
link   
help me out somebody, come on you know im right!!

posted on Oct, 18 2003 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Yep Supes villains are all classics. (Not.)

This guy in the picture below is smarter than Supes, and Doomsday pounded the # out of Supes until he was dead. I have a black armband somewhere to prove it.

Just how did he come back to life, anyway? Is he meant to be the second coming, or something?

posted on Oct, 18 2003 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Blade Runner

i think the chicks allways secretly prefer the bad guys...

Bull$hit. Women do like bad boys until they start getting misstreated, slapped around and basically being treated like $hit by them.

After that they realize they made a mistake and look for nice, good looking, romantic guys like myself.

posted on Oct, 18 2003 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Yep Supes villains are all classics. (Not.)

This guy in the picture below is smarter than Supes, and Doomsday pounded the # out of Supes until he was dead. I have a black armband somewhere to prove it.

Just how did he come back to life, anyway? Is he meant to be the second coming, or something?

Excuse me?? Superman didnt die. He was only pounded into suspended animation. And remember Doomsday didnt win. It was a tie.

posted on Oct, 18 2003 @ 08:21 PM
link   
im talking about movies/comics/whatever ect ect...

they like the shear testosterone they give off..

come on people anybody with sence knows the bad guys are way cooler, have more style and get hotter women ...

i cant belive you are all denying it...

posted on Oct, 18 2003 @ 08:22 PM
link   
apart from shaft... no good guy has style... you are all complete liars...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join