It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians claim privilege over others

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Excitable_Boy
The only point of this thread is to show Christians that no one has the privilege they believe they have. I honestly believe that to be a fact...not an opinion. Just like some Jews think they are "the chosen people." Same thing. God created us all and didn't make some better than others based on what they look like, believe in or otherwise.

You are correct Excitable_Boy. Christians are not privileged. Eternal life is neither a privilege nor a right. It is a gift from God. The gift is the death burial and resurrection of His Son. The whole point of Christianity is to follow the teachings of Jesus Christ. The reward for living our lives in the way that He prescribes is eternal life! Sorry if that offends you.

The belief in sin, heaven, hell, eternal life, and eternal damnation are core beliefs in Christianity. We believe that everyone is a sinner. We believe that by accepting God’s gift of salvation, we escape hell. I honestly believe that your problem is not Christians. I think you are offended at our belief system and faith.

The Bible says that we are all sinners and none of us are “good enough” to get into heaven on our own. IMHO this line of thinking offends you because you feel that you are a good person.

You believe in God. You don’t believe the Bible. So why would you want to be in heaven with all those Christians anyway?

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 11:47 AM
link   
you really need some practice with your technique. I dont believe once again that you even know you are doing it.

I post from only one perspective. You reject this..no problem You are wont to substitute any knowlege or piece of information for this perspective to counter mine..no problem. I merely make note of this and put the Light on your technique.

There is a god of confusion Excitable Boy. That is one of the non slickest tricks your god tries to put over on others. That he does not exist. That it doesnt exist so that your god can play through by tangents, by misinformation, by mischief.

It started by a simple misrepresentation that goes like this...

" Ye shall not surely die: For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil."

No confusion here.

Then in satire you interject Confucius. Not very well done ..but it is a tangent.

Oh ...and Confucious was not similar to Jesus the Christ for remission of sins.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Dark Elf...hello there. How are you. I haven't really corresponded with you at all on this thread. regarding this:

The reward for living our lives in the way that He prescribes is eternal life! Sorry if that offends you.

I'm not offended by anything. How does one learn about living ones life in the way that He prescribes? By reading a book written by mortal men? How do mortal men have the ability show other mortal men the way to eternal life? Who gave them that power? Are their words the "inspired" words of God as Tom has suggested? Because anyone can say their words are inspired by God.

No one is REWARDED with eternal life. We all have eternal life. We all have always been and always will be. We don't need to follow the rules of mortal men to get eternal life...that is illogical. But, a great way for the people who started Christianity to control the masses and make them think they are privileged...which they are not.

The Bible says that we are all sinners and none of us are “good enough” to get into heaven on our own. IMHO this line of thinking offends you because you feel that you are a good person.

You believe in God. You don’t believe the Bible. So why would you want to be in heaven with all those Christians anyway?

The Bible says we are all sinners? So? We are all human. I don't need the Bible to know that and I don't need the Bible to know that God made us human and accepts us as such and doesn't expect us to be anything but human. You and Tom seem to forget that the Bible was written by men, not God. Men that were out to control people and/or gain power over them...nothing more.

Why would I want to be in heaven with all those Christians? Because there are no Christians in heaven. There's no Jews, no Pagans, no Christians, no Muslims, no Atheists...etc....there are just beings, beings no longer in need of human form. Some humans are the ones that need religion. There are no blacks, whites, reds, yellows, etc...in heaven...there are just beings. There are no democrats, no republicans, no communists, no anarchists etc....just beings. There's no wealthy people, no upper middle class, no middle class, no lower middle class, no poor people, etc...there are just beings. There's no people with disabilities, no one has any diseases like cancer, AIDS, diabetes, heart disease, etc. There are just beings.

You Christians aren't special or privileged here on earth any more than you will be in heaven. When you figure that out maybe the brainwashing will stop and maybe you'll stop giving 10 % of your incomes to the leaders of your religion so they can buy big houses, fancy cars and tons of junk they don't need and become billionaires while you all continue to be pigeons (and while those leaders are laughing all the way to the bank).

[edit on 9-6-2006 by Excitable_Boy]

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Tom...my pal. How are you??

Here is your quote:

" Ye shall not surely die: For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil."

What is thereof? I don't think I've ever eaten that. Is it a plant of some kind? All human beings should know good and evil Tom. I know you're talking about Adam & Eve here and the eating of the apple. That is just a made up story Tom. And what does it have to do with Christianity? It's from the OT....

Do you believe Adam made Eve from his rib Tom? (sounds like an occultist belief to me). Are you one of those people that think the dinosaurs didn't really exist? Do you think the Earth is only about 4000 years old and not billions upon billions of years old? Are you one of those?

You see Tom....I think it's important that people know the difference between good and evil. Anyone who thinks the world was going to be some kind of Shangri-La until Eve ate that apple is living in La La Land. Human beings have free will Tom and God knew that when He made us because He gave us the free will.

I do believe some of you Christians don't understand the difference between good and evil and that's why the leaders of your religions are so easily able to brainwash you, control you and get you to help pay for their mortgages, their summer homes, their Mercedes', etc. etc. etc.......You want to see evil? Go visit the leaders of your religions!! False prophets...remember, God warned you about them!!

And..the OT was also written by men Tom....not by God.

[edit on 9-6-2006 by Excitable_Boy]

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 07:36 PM
link   

What is thereof? I don't think I've ever eaten that. Is it a plant of some kind?

Excitable_Boy, I truly love your sense of humor!

I understand that you don't believe that God guided and/or inspired those who penned the words of the Bible. I used to believe the same. As a matter of fact, there are many who call themselves Christians who do not believe that the Bible is the inspired word of God. That's ok. That is why we have freedom of choice. Everyone gets to choose what they believe.

I, on the other hand, could never believe in a God that was not powerful enough to control the production of a book that claimed to be His word. If I were God (good thing I'm not) I would never allow someone to produce a work and claim it was mine if it wasn't.

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Excitable_Boy, I truly love your sense of humor!

Hey...I'm glad somebody does. I try to add a little levity at times to mix it up and make it fun. I'm glad you approve.

I, on the other hand, could never believe in a God that was not powerful enough to control the production of a book that claimed to be His word. If I were God (good thing I'm not) I would never allow someone to produce a work and claim it was mine if it wasn't.

Now see...God made us human and allows us to be so. So I think He feels that if us crazy humans want to put a book together and call it His inspired words, then He probably chocks it up to the fact that we are just that: human. I don't think He feels the need to interfere with our human character defects. Otherwise, He wouldn't be allowing us to be human would He?

Whatever Dark Elf. I think you're a good person. I wish you well and hope you have as much peace and happiness in your life as you can!

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Sorry, i haven't read all of the ppls opinions, just the few pages i quickly skimped through....

Well, I have met some 'born again' Christians/and Other Christians and their thinking is a little far from the truth regarding the ''going to heaven and forgiveness bit''.....

Jesus Christ taught LOVE one another.....
Do not judge.
Humble yourselves........this is where many fault(including myself at times)and think that interpretating the words of the Bible are just that!
It is not one's own opinion on how to read the Bible..We all need a TEACHER to teach us......So we also need a TEACHER to show us how to read the bible....

When we start to beleive that OWN opinion is more then the Word of God, then we already failed.

Forgiveness comes from the heart and not simply words that can be said over and over again.
In order to get on Gods list, we must stop judging others for whatever reason and leave the judging to God..

take care
helen

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 03:59 AM
link   
AT it once again Excitable Boy.

Observe What you posted:

"The Bible says we are all sinners? So? We are all human. I don't need the Bible to know that and I don't need the Bible to know that God made us human and accepts us as such and doesn't expect us to be anything but human."

This is typical human reasoning. To praise and glorify ones humanity. This is not Gods instructions to his people. Not in the Olde Testament nor the New Testament.

What is the human solution ...the Bible or Gods Word is phoney ..made up by men so that you can now go after the men while constructing human religion and glory.

No where in the Word does it teach Gods people to glorify thier humanity. It does not say we are not human or not sinners..but it also says begining to end that our humanity gets us in trouble over and over and over. This fingerprint is clear...cover to cover.

This is what happened in the Garden of Eden and once again Excitable boy you miss the entire concept while going off on your tangents. Zooooommmmmm!!! Over your head!! The misdirection Excitable Boy ..is ...thou shalt be as gods...emphasis on thou shalt be as gods...You are wont to switch in your humanity to "knowing good and evil. The emphasis here is on being gods. Zooooommmmmm!!!! Over your head..totally.

This is the master plan ..in reincarnation...over and over to godhood...by works.
Advancing by degrees in the wisdom and humanity of this world....after the god of this world.

Then to solidify your misdirection ..you go on to a rant about 10 percent and wealthy preachers. I dont give 10 percent and I also dont write off what I give on my taxes...I dont believe in tax subsidized churchs. This is not seperation of church and state it is a tax subsidy. I give what I want to give ..the church does not tell me what to give. 10 percent is not first fruits..it is 10 percent. We are instructed to give first fruits.

Excitable Boy..you are correct about this ..people should know the difference in good and evil...yes..I agree. This is why people like Marx and Engles wanted a Shangri La...called Utopia and worked out a intresting scenerio/system to promote it. Others took it to the ultimate solution through a organization called the Internationale...later to become the workers paradise..or the Communist Party. This did a excellent job of promoting Shangri La where ever it left its fingerprints.
This is the ultimate expression of Humanity and human reasoning. Who is living in la la land Excitable Boy?? This is the ultimate expression of logical reasonable men and thier free will. You should know this history about Shangri La. This history was written by men Excitable Boy. It certainly is glorious..mans free will..and what he does with it on mans own merits.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 08:08 AM
link   

In order to get on Gods list

In order to get on God's list? Is God's list like Santa's? God finds out who's naughty and nice and if you've been naughty you don't get any toys?.....and, you don't get to go to heaven?

I didn't know God had a list.

This is typical human reasoning.

Well...a human being should reason like a human being...no? Should I reason like God? If you think you reason like God Tom, I think you are acting as a god....no? I'll keep reasoning like a human since I am a human...thank you very much!

This is what happened in the Garden of Eden

There was no Garden of Eden.

Excitable Boy..you are correct about this ..people should know the difference in good and evil...yes..I agree. This is why people like Marx and Engles wanted a Shangri La...called Utopia and worked out a intresting scenerio/system to promote it. Others took it to the ultimate solution through a organization called the Internationale...later to become the workers paradise..or the Communist Party. This did a excellent job of promoting Shangri La where ever it left its fingerprints

I misdirect and go off on tangents? What is this paragraph? You turn my discussion about everyone going to heaven and the Shangri-La of Eden never existing into something to do with Communism? WOW! Now that is some serious misdirection....well done. LMAO!!

[edit on 10-6-2006 by Excitable_Boy]

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 08:37 AM
link   
hmm righto

here goes:

shame, politics corrupted Christianity...now if you really look at politics there is your answer...all the superiority under the sun. And this is most unfortunate.

Look at all the democratic nations...do they have power? Are they superior? GOD, Christianity has nothing to do with politics. If you consider the true meaning of Christianity, politics are at the opposite end of the spectrum. But killing in the name of (Rage against the Machine rock!) serves an economic, global purpose for those money hungry SOB's who want to RULE the world....and they are actually anti christ...but they wear the Christian hat...

This superior mentality goes right back to the great chain of being theory...hmm think off hand that is Aristotle...but beat me with a stick if the brain cell has got it wrong!

The Bible clearly states not to judge...and what does a 'holier than thou' (Metallica rock!!!) attitude need to thrive...judgement upon judgement.

I am a Christian but I dont think I am better than anyone else...I know it!! lol

na only joking...I am one big humble pie...

a humble pie with attitude!!!!

I am what I am, most mother f***** dont understand (RHCP rock!)

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Good post.

I do however need some clarification as obviously I am not up to date with current trends or music history. That is...I think you are making reference to music!!
I am not sure what you mean about "rage against the machine rock"?? Can you clarify this for me. Thanks...I would appreciate this clarification.

I agree with you that politics has corrupted Christianity. Seduced it so to speak. This is what people like Excitable Boy use often in their Rants to represent all of Christians and Christianity to gain leverage to play through or default through. I am just not wont to grant such a default.
What I have learned historically is that once a thing is seduced by this whore called politics..it has gone after other gods as the Bible is wont to teach. Away from its first love. It has transgressed over to the "counterfitter". After strange gods.

Yes I agree..Christianity and politics are mostly at the opposite ends of the spectrum.. excellent of you to note this. Most Christians cannot do so.
Once again ..agree...the money powers are anti christ...and they are religious..in a religion not known by the bulk of the peoples. They must appear on the outside to be nominaly Christian or Christian like but in the darkness they are something else.

I must disagree with you on one thing NJE 777..I will judge if a thing is of God or not of God. This is what I must do to determine if I am going to seperate from this leven or spoil the unleven. I prefer not to mix leven with unleven.

In like manner I do not consider myself better than anyone else or priveleged.

I consider myself to be Blessed with a knowlege I do not deserve on my own merits. Blessed most certainly does not make one better or priveleged.

OH..and Excitable Boy..I dont believe in Santa Clause or celebrate Christmas or Easter...or any holiday..nor any birthdays. All days are the same to me....they are my Lord's Days. I have no intrest in holding one day above another.

NJE777..Thanks for your post.
Orangetom

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by orangetom1999
Good post.

I do however need some clarification as obviously I am not up to date with current trends or music history. That is...I think you are making reference to music!!
I am not sure what you mean about "rage against the machine rock"?? Can you clarify this for me. Thanks...I would appreciate this clarification.

Oh Rage Against The Machine were a band and Killing In The Name Of, was a song of theirs. They are now defunct and have lead singer from Sound Garden and are called now: Audio Slave...not bad but not as good as RATM...but ya get that.
Various songs just jump out at me and killing in the name of signals for me exactly that. I was listening to Red Hot Chilli Peppers when I was writing the response so I was singing and typing...

I agree with you that politics has corrupted Christianity. Seduced it so to speak. This is what people like Excitable Boy use often in their Rants to represent all of Christians and Christianity to gain leverage to play through or default through. I am just not wont to grant such a default.

well his rant doesnt have any merit, does it? Its the same ole same ole stereotypical garbage that is flung out left, right and centre. Politics needed a powerful tool and that due to Man's interpetation of the Holy Bible was Christianity. How else was it possible to dispossess 'others' of land?..it was justified relying on spreading the word/bringing enlightenment to the savages[sic]
Western expansion holds many answers.

Yes I agree..Christianity and politics are mostly at the opposite ends of the spectrum.. excellent of you to note this. Most Christians cannot do so.
Once again ..agree...the money powers are anti christ...

I have always felt this way. Money/Govt is anti christ. Look at what they do...oh here lets have democracy for everyone...Iraq is a democracy now. I am not saying democracy is bad but hey, who is the person at the top of the pyramid? No other system of govt is accepted...and thats why 'the meek shall inherit the earth'...

I must disagree with you on one thing NJE 777..I will judge if a thing is of God or not of God. This is what I must do to determine if I am going to seperate from this leven or spoil the unleven. I prefer not to mix leven with unleven.

But, are you holier than thou in your attitude? ... I make decisions for myself but I do not cast judgement on those who are different to me.

In like manner I do not consider myself better than anyone else or priveleged.

I consider myself to be Blessed with a knowlege I do not deserve on my own merits. Blessed most certainly does not make one better or priveleged.

I dont feel I am privileged...I am content and happy.
Anyway...my tip for the day here is when responding to a thread, do it when your not cleaning marine tanks cos tends to take the focus away... lol

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 07:59 AM
link   

well his rant doesnt have any merit, does it? Its the same ole same ole stereotypical garbage that is flung out left, right and centre. Politics needed a powerful tool and that due to Man's interpetation of the Holy Bible was Christianity. How else was it possible to dispossess 'others' of land?..it was justified relying on spreading the word/bringing enlightenment to the savages[sic]
Western expansion holds many answers.

Bravo! Killing in The Name of........CHRISTIANITY!! Been going on for close to 2000 years now.

You gotta do what they told ya....

Justify....those who die....

Zoooooom...........over YOUR head Tom!

Tom...you need to go out and have some fun! God doesn't want JW's moping all day! Peace my brother!

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Bravo! Killing in The Name of........CHRISTIANITY!! Been going on for close to 2000 years now.

Justify....those who die....

Zoooooom...........over YOUR head Tom!

Tom...you need to go out and have some fun! God doesn't want JW's moping all day! Peace my brother!

That is unjust! You need to apologise to orangetom! You are lumping his faith/beliefs into 2000 years of western expansion??? So was orangetom there 2000 years ago?
I have made a point about POLITICS & Christianity; that is not attributed to orangetom's faith.

Gee, give you an inch and you park in it!

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 08:49 AM
link   

That is unjust! You need to apologise to orangetom! You are lumping his faith/beliefs into 2000 years of western expansion??? So was orangetom there 2000 years ago?
I have made a point about POLITICS & Christianity; that is not attributed to orangetom's faith.

Nudge, nudge. Wink, wink. Say no more, say no more. A nod is as good as a wink to a blind man! I didn't say Tom was there 2000 years ago. But, denying the truth doesn't mean the truth doesn't exist! Christianity has a pretty bad history...full of genocide and hate of others. Thus, the whole privilege nonsense!

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Excuse you... mr wink wink, nudge nudge !

Orangetom acknowledge this fact! So really don't see what your dancing about?

All religions are guilty of 'killing in the name of!'

*makes mental note to contact JJJ and tell them 'someones banging their drum!!'

farout!

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 09:31 AM
link   

All religions are guilty of 'killing in the name of!'

Exactly. One of the many reasons why I don't believe in religion. I have faith. No need for a group to tell me how to live my life or interpret the Bible for me...

Peace!

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Christianity has a pretty bad history...full of genocide and hate of others. Thus, the whole privilege nonsense!

The catholic church is not Biblical christianity. It's not christianity at all.

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 05:59 PM
link   

quote: Originally posted by Excitable_Boy

Christianity has a pretty bad history...full of genocide and hate of others. Thus, the whole privilege nonsense!

The catholic church is not Biblical christianity. It's not christianity at all.

The Catholic Church is Christianity. It's one interpretation as are all the rest. Catholics aren't the only Christians responsible for the 2000 years of genocide.

[edit on 11-6-2006 by Excitable_Boy]

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 06:03 PM
link   

The Catholic Church is Christianity. It's one interprestation as are all the rest. Catholics aren't the only Christians responsible for the 2000 years of genocide.

The catholic church claims to represent what Jesus taught and said concerning our sin problem. It has and continues to deceive people and lead them to eternal everlasting death and seperation from God.

Who are the others you are talking about?

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join