It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians claim privilege over others

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 01:02 PM
link   
And last but not least....

Originally posted by Excitable_Boy
You don't feel the need to condescend? Explain this then

Gang up? Are you delusional, Boy?

Looking for offense? I asked if you were delusional, making the point that no one was ganging up on you. Fact is if you feel they-we-were, perhaps yyou are delusional. Fair question.

There was no ganging up. I've called you "Boy" many times too, are you saying you now take offense at me shortening your name suddenly? You should have said so sooner. Personally when people call me "think" or "thinker" I don't mind, but I prefer T2M for my nickname, but no, wasn't trying to condescend, but you take that offense where ever you can find it if it makes you feel better.

This is quite condescending.....

You accuse me of ranting.
you came to the rant thread to rant and you do so.

What would you call your behavior in your last post.
posting?
if I ranted I'd assume it would be allowed anyway?

Sure seems you were ranting quite intensely...like someone struck a nerve or something.

The ignorance and intolerance of others always strikes a nerve for me, but I'm starting to mellow out some.

I think you should work on yourself before you go judging me.

Really?
I think thats funny. But rest assured, I am constantly trying to improve myself, aexpand my understanding, and exercise tolerance to become a better person...and to my credit, I love people, I don't start blatant attack threads, attack religions, denominations, or groups of people, or use unreliable, anti_, or "hate-based" sources for anything on ATS.BTS, or go looking for offenses or trying to cause them...so I feel pretty good about myself.

But then again, I'm sure you get alot of points by this method blatantly offending people, flaming, etc because really, what else is this thread good for? What good does it do for anyone? But it gets you some points and lets you play holier than thou than all those so called "privilaged" Christians,or others or feel superior etc..

Well, good luck with that.
Your serenity isn't showing though, so maybe you need more work than you think...before you go advising me on it.

Maybe you're not feeling so privileged anymore?

AH, putting words in my mouth now? Not surprising, as you miscontrue as you see fit. I never said I was or felt privilaged as Christian...but truth be known between you and I...yeah...I do feel not holier than thou, but a bit sad for you as I think I may indeed get some preferential treatment over someone like you afterall in the afterlife. Maybe just the reward of noty having to come back.

u2u me if you need forurther clarification or discussion as I'll not likely be back.

bye!

[edit on 2-6-2006 by think2much]

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 01:15 PM
link   
well said olde man ..well said.

I agree...well said.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 05:06 PM
link   
T2M....welcome back. As usual, quite a mouthful...but this time, an awful lot of typos and confusion for a writer...makes me wonder if you've been ??

Anyhoo...where to begin?

It is illogical to me to think one person can preach to others how it is common sense that God created us to enjoy life and not worship him as fantatics,

I'm not preaching. I answered your question. I wouldn't have said anything if you had not asked for my opinion/belief.

You are as evangelical is your point to prove everyone wrong in their believefs (thus you right) without any accountability to offer an alternative to how they should believe

The only point of this thread is to show Christians that no one has the privilege they believe they have. I honestly believe that to be a fact...not an opinion. Just like some Jews think they are "the chosen people." Same thing. God created us all and didn't make some better than others based on what they look like, believe in or otherwise.

So you get to bash, feel superior, put others down,

I'm not bashing. I don't feel superior. I don't put others down.

Stop attacking people buddy, its not even what I think God wants you doing.

Now we're buddies? Just kidding...you can be my buddy if you want. I'm not attacking anyone T2M. God just expects me to be human...that's what he wants me to do.

But then again, I'm sure you get alot of points by this method blatantly offending people, flaming, etc because really, what else is this thread good for? What good does it do for anyone?

Points? I don't care about points. What do points do? Maybe you should start a thread about what people's opinion of this thread is? Then we can find out what good it does...

I do feel not holier than thou, but a bit sad for you as I think I may indeed get some preferential treatment over someone like you afterall in the afterlife.

Wow...this is a great sentence to end with. You don't feel holier than thou but think you may get preferential treatment over someone like me? You contradict yourself within the same sentence. Well done. Why would you get preferential treatment over me? Do you have privilege over me?

I can tell you this: I don't have privilege over ANYONE regarding the afterlife. This is obviously a big difference in our beliefs and the point of my thread. Thank you for ending your sermon so perfectly. Peace my brother!

[edit on 2-6-2006 by Excitable_Boy]

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 07:29 AM
link   
YOu keep doing it over and over and over. I dont believe you are even aware of it. It is just natural to you. What we call "Natural Man." I really dont believe you are capable in your present condition of thinking outside the blocks in which you are wont to think or put others into.

THe God I know ..does not want us to glorify our "Human " virtues..not at all. We are never to extoll or promote our humans qualities...especially in the manner in which you so promote.

This is the basis of my position that you have a different god. Very different.

We are to praise and give Glory to the God known to us..not our human condition or human traits. If you read carefully ...in the bible which you claim to have done..you realize that the God of the Bible has no use for our human traits. They are rubbish. Yet you seem wont to glorify these as the greatest thing to come down the evolutionary pipeline.

Take a good look at what happened to the people of the nations surrounding the Children of Israel who glorified thier human traits and characteristics. Also take a good look at what happened to the Children of Israel themselves when they followed in the footsteps of the Nations surrounding Israel.

Knowlege of this history is how I know you have a different god. Yet you are wont to dismiss this as not history, not reliable, not accurate..etc etc et al. And then you follow this up with ....there is only one god.

This is another example of why I say ..you tell on yourself and your god. You stand naked before this Knowlege...as does your god.

Keep showing your human qualities to us excitable boy..you will do well with this tack. There are many reading your posts already suitably impressed.

A child of God under the dicipline of the Word never puts their humanity before God as a virtue....never. What they hope and pray for is that when they come before God that God sees the Blood of the Lamb covering them..not thier human virtue.

And one more thing Excitable Boy...the Blood of the Lamb does not make Christians priveleged among others as you are wont to declare for your purposes.....it makes them blessed before God..not other humans. For we are told that we will be despised and hated before humanity just as was He...or those who believe in the Human Quality. All of your posts have also clarified and confirmed this teaching. The Blood of the Lamb seperates us from our human qualities and others who only know human qualities.

Those who know only human virtues always ..and I mean always attempt to seduce Christians away from the Praise and Glory of God an into the human arena. Human Virtues. This is nothing new here..nor nothing new under the sun.
Logic and Reason of men is the tool that is used to attempt this. Always. Another fingerprint of their god.

When I see you make this type of post excitable boy..I always hear.... "Thou shalt not surely die." Also from your god.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 09:05 AM
link   

This is the basis of my position that you have a different god. Very different.

No..there is but one God. I am not a pagan (not that there is anything wrong with being a pagan) like yourself, claiming the existance of more than one.

We are to praise and give Glory to the God known to us..not our human condition or human traits. If you read carefully ...in the bible which you claim to have done..you realize that the God of the Bible has no use for our human traits. They are rubbish. Yet you seem wont to glorify these as the greatest thing to come down the evolutionary pipeline.

I have read the bible many times. It was written by men, not by God. God has no use for human traits? Humans are rubbish? So, you are saying that God made rubbish? Seems you have a pretty low opinion of God. Why would God create rubbish? Why bother giving us human form at all?

I never said being human is the greatest thing to come down the evolutionary pipeline. Why don't you show this forum where I said that? Being human is a challenge. It is an extremely tough challenge. That's why I say I try to do the best with it with what I've been given. And why not try to enjoy it instead of being miserable? If one is miserable and just waiting to die, then they are already dead. I don't think God gave us this life to live it in that way. You seem to think He did and that to me is sad.

A child of God under the dicipline of the Word never puts their humanity before God as a virtue....never. What they hope and pray for is that when they come before God that God sees the Blood of the Lamb covering them..not thier human virtue.

Discipline of the word? What word? The words created by men, not God. And why would God want to see us covered in blood? Christian gibberish!!

[edit on 3-6-2006 by Excitable_Boy]

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 09:35 PM
link   
One of the patterns one looks for when one is trained or schooled in Christian dicipline is ...what is the name of the god one is discussing ...or the God one is discussing.

Excitable Boy..the reason I know you have a different god is that you believe in reincarnation.
To be reborn back to another go around here on this earth...then again then again and again. Your kingdom is of this world and this earth. Your values are here on this world..you expect to return to this world.

This is not what Christian dicipline teachs. Our kingdom is not of this world. Thus indicating clearly that you are under a different dicipline and a different god. Anyone under Christian Dicipline knows that this world is not our home. It is a temporary place.

I am not against fun or enjoying what is here. This is just not my main ballywick in life. You make the quantum assumption for the purposes of your position ..once again ...that I am against enjoying life. Not so. The difference is that I am not wont to put it as a priority in my life. I like to relax as much as the next person. I actually drank a beer this weekend...can you believe it. Two in fact. Part of my semi annual pilgrimage to the beer section of the grocery store. I prefer mine in bottles not cans. Most of the time I have more important things to do than drink beer. Alcohol is not a important part of my life. Never will be.
I just dont put much stock in the things here in this world..to me they are just transients...including alcohol.

The God I know teachs that this world is a temporary place..just like the location of our Chruchs. The people meet and often relocate the Church to a new site. THe church meets and the Church goes home The Church ..the assembly meets and the assembly/Church goes home.

The descriptions and explanations you give are the opposite of the Church dicipline of which I know. This is How I know you have a different god. It is not difficult to know this.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Excitable Boy..the reason I know you have a different god is that you believe in reincarnation.
To be reborn back to another go around here on this earth...then again then again and again. Your kingdom is of this world and this earth. Your values are here on this world..you expect to return to this world.

This is not what Christian dicipline teachs. Our kingdom is not of this world. Thus indicating clearly that you are under a different dicipline and a different god. Anyone under Christian Dicipline knows that this world is not our home. It is a temporary place.

Tom...what you don't understand is that there is only one God, but there are many different philosophies regarding how God came about and how and when one enters the afterlife and what the afterlife is. God is still the same. Man has created many different stories regarding God and why we are here and where we go afterwards and why....not God. There is truly only one story and one God.

You believe in your God and then that people have other gods. Therefore, you are a Pagan, not that there is anything wrong with that. You feel that you and your kind have the right God and everyone else has the wrong gods. You are wrong.

I'm certainly not bold enough to think that I am 100% accurate with my philosophy. I am correct, however, that there is only one God and I am also correct that no religion or philosophy has privilege over any other!

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 10:01 AM
link   
The philosophy ..dictates or tells of the god and the conduct of the adherents.

This is demonstratable over and over in history.

You have a different god different conduct and different philosophy/dicipline.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 01:08 PM
link   

You have a different god different conduct and different philosophy/dicipline.

Different philosophy yes, but the same God. Once again Tom, there is only one God. It's okay that you're a Pagan. God loves us all no matter what we believe.

Native Americans are generally Pagans and they are a very cool people. One can learn a lot from them.

There's 7 billion people in the world Tom and thus, many beliefs, but again, only one God!! Different groups have come up with different reasons why we are here and what God is and why God is, etc. That is because we are all human. God made us human and therefore, expects us to be human. There is no human on the planet that knows for sure what it is really all about. There is also no human on the planet that has privilege over any other with regards to the afterlife.

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 02:36 PM
link   
YOu keep doing it..I really believe you cannot help yourself.

you posted: "There's 7 billion people in the world Tom and thus, many beliefs, but again, only one God!! "

This is standard Eastern Philosophy. I can get this at my local Masonic Lodge.

All gods are the same god. Nothing different from what you posted.

This is not Christian Dicipline. Properly diciplined Christians will reject this.

This is however the dicipline of the god of this world and standard rhetoric. It is also much of what passes for religion in public schools. All gods are the same god..all religions are the same religion. No matter what they are called. We must move over and let them default and play through. Why...because all gods are the same god..just variations on a theme.

You are using the standard tack and tactics of the god of this world.

Christians will spot this very quickly. You are standing naked again..with your god.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 04:10 PM
link   

This is not Christian Dicipline. Properly diciplined Christians will reject this.

I am not a Christian Tom. If Christians want to reject facts, that is fine. I didn't realize until speaking with you that Christians are also Pagans. I didn't realize Christians believed in the existence of more than one god.

What is a properly disciplined Christian?

Just for fun, here is a couple of excerpts from a book you seem to speak of pretty regularly...the Bible!

Isaiah 45:18:

"For thus saith the Lord that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it; ...I am the Lord; and there is none else."

James 2:19:

"Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well; the devils also believe, and tremble."

According to that perfect text, which you say is "inspired" by God, there is only one God.

According to James, if one believes there is one God, one is doing well. I guess I am doing well. How are you doing Tom? Maybe some Bible study??

All gods are the same god..all religions are the same religion.

No. There is only one God, but there are many, many religions. God doesn't believe in religion, human beings do! Human beings lose site of the truth in the politics and lies taught by religion.

[edit on 5-6-2006 by Excitable_Boy]

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I think you missed the part from the bible where is says something about

Going after other gods and new gods. Sometimes the phrase is used...go not after other gods which ye knew not. Or other gods which your fathers knew not.

Excitable Boy...do a electronic Bible search using the phrase "going after other gods."

You will find this usage over and over in the Olde Testament and even into the New Testament in warnings to the Hebrew leadership...that they were as were their fathers in their disobedience.

Excitable Boy you are very selective in your usage of the Bible or knowlege having not Wisdom. But this tack will work well on Christians not on meat but still on milk.

Once again..I never assumed from the reading of your first post that you were Christian. Never. The more I read your posts you continued to confirm this for me and others who can see hear and understand.

You dont believe the Bible by your own words yet you selectively quote from it and ignore other areas which totally contradict your line of thought. Well done...this is typical of worldly knowlege and public education/politics/religion.

Once again..you stand naked before the God of Abraham, Issac , and Jacob...as does your god.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I forgot to cover this point.

A Christian is a Believer under dicipline who tries to live according to His Word. A full time and difficult task in this world.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Going after other gods and new gods. Sometimes the phrase is used...go not after other gods which ye knew not. Or other gods which your fathers knew not.

Tom, I can't go after other gods...there is only one God. You are a Pagan, so you believe there is more than one. That's fine...but do not try to push your Pagan beliefs on me.

Excitable Boy...do a electronic Bible search using the phrase "going after other gods."

All set Tom. There is only one God and He is in my life.

You will find this usage over and over in the Olde Testament and even into the New Testament in warnings to the Hebrew leadership...that they were as were their fathers in their disobedience.

Anything in the New Testament that is against Jews was only put there by men, not God, to get them to convert to Christianity or to get all Christians against Jews...thus, the almost 2000 years of genocide by Christians against Jews that resulted from that lovely text.

You dont believe the Bible by your own words yet you selectively quote from it and ignore other areas which totally contradict your line of thought. Well done...this is typical of worldly knowlege and public education/politics/religion.

Tom, I just quoted the Bible for your benefit...if you bothered to read my post. I was just showing you that the Bible which YOU hold as the true inspired words of God states quite clearly that there is only one God.

And get off the public education nonsense. For the THIRD time, my beliefs came to me well after I was done with my freaking PUBLIC EDUCATION! Your redundancy is getting old...very old.

Once again..you stand naked before the God of Abraham, Issac , and Jacob...as does your god.

Tom...there is only one person on this planet I stand naked before and that is my wife!!
You have talked about me being naked at least three times now. I am concerned as to why......I don't think God wants you talking about me being naked!

A Christian is a Believer under dicipline who tries to live according to His Word. A full time and difficult task in this world.

Certainly a full time and difficult task for Catholic priests. Many of them aren't all that disciplined.

[edit on 6-6-2006 by Excitable_Boy]

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 06:47 AM
link   
I dont think history was ever your strong suit either in public school or currently.

First off I am not pushing my beliefs on you ..Just correcting your broad road you are wont to misquote to make your points.

You do what many politicians do ...try to make the point glance off target at a tangent with something irrevelant. Some tangental issue to avoid the point or misdirect. Misdirect ..such as your point about standing naked. That was not my point at all..but it is a poor misdirection ...just like a politician today. Notice I also said that your god stands naked before the God of Abraham, Issac, and Jacob.

I do however agree with you Excitable Boy...there is only one god in your life...the god of this world ..the god of misdirection...sometimes called confusion. Misdirection is a standard technique of that kind of worldly religion.

Notice the slight of hand ..concerning the warnings to the Hebrew leadership both Olde and New Testament. YOur position is strictly for the New Testament as a slight of hand movement a misdirection.
Notice that it is the same God both in the Olde Testament and the New Testament.
Your assumption is that it is to get all Christians against Jews. Not so.
I would suggest you read up on the bio of a famous Jew named Moses Maimonides and find out how many Jews he killed..those who did not believe or practice Talmud. Karaite Jews. A very intresting omission from much of what passes for history.
I would also suggest that you look up the concept of Phariseeism...both Judiac and Hellenic Phariseeism. This will teach alot to those who are awake and can see more than what passes for history. Lots of Pharisees around still today.

Your default setting to play through is that the New Testament is to get all Christians against Jews.and wont to kill them ..not so. If this is so it certainly does not appear to have worked. This does not explain the government of England and thier being allowed to return to that country. It also does not explain the massive aid this country gives to Israel..much of it church supported.

I quote and state what I post not just for your benifit..though I dont hold much hope here ..but for the benifit of those believers who will read these posts and are able to think ..see hear and understand...those under dicipline.

And Excitable Boy...Catholic Priests are Hellenic Pharisees...verses Judiac Pharisees. If you had gotten further than the basics of public education you would know this ...verses what you post. They are both Pharisees..just that one of them is a Greek Pharisee ..from philosophys out of Alexandria, Egypt..the other are Judiac Pharisees ..decended from the Pharisees of olde...spoken of in the New Testament times who came against both Jesus of Nazareth and the Apostles.
The history and doings of the Pharisees are a intresting read and I highly recommend it. This is where you run across names like Moses Maimonides among others.

Thanks for your post,
Orangetom

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 04:48 PM
link   

I dont think history was ever your strong suit either in public school or currently.

Tom...I'm sick of this public school nonsense. THEY DON'T TEACH RELIGION IN PUBLIC SCHOOL. You don't think history is my strong suit? Your opinion certainly means a lot! It doesn't appear any knowledge of what is taught in public school is your strong suit.

Notice I also said that your god stands naked before the God of Abraham, Issac, and Jacob.

I have noticed....many times. If my God stands naked before God...then my God stands naked before Himself. Is He looking in a mirror Tom?

I do however agree with you Excitable Boy...there is only one god in your life...the god of this world ..the god of misdirection...sometimes called confusion.

Ha? I have God in my life. There is no god of misdirection known as confusion. What are you babbling about here? Honestly? Confusion is a state of mind Tom...not a god. If you think every state of mind is a god...then you have one strange philosophy going on....most certainly a Pagan philosophy. Not that there is anything wrong with that...but it is what it is.

YOur position is strictly for the New Testament as a slight of hand movement a misdirection.

Ah...no. I discuss the New Testament because there were no Christians in the Old Testament. I have trouble with history? Were there any Christians before Christ Tom?

Notice that it is the same God both in the Olde Testament and the New Testament.
Your assumption is that it is to get all Christians against Jews. Not so.

It's been the same God forever and it will always be the same God. And yes, the New Testament was written to get Christians against any non-Christians...Jews or otherwise.

I would suggest you read up on the bio of a famous Jew named Moses Maimonides and find out how many Jews he killed..those who did not believe or practice Talmud.

I would suggest you look up the bio of a famous Christian named Adolph Hitler. A gentleman who used the New Testament as an excuse for exterminating millions of Jews.

Your default setting to play through is that the New Testament is to get all Christians against Jews.and wont to kill them ..not so. If this is so it certainly does not appear to have worked. This does not explain the government of England and thier being allowed to return to that country. It also does not explain the massive aid this country gives to Israel..much of it church supported.

How nice of the government of England to "allow" Jews to return to their homes. That was awfully Christian of them wasn't it? They ALLOWED them to go home. And the massive aid this country (the US) gives to Israel is for political reasons. And the aid comes from the US government not from the Christian religion. And what does this country's politics have to do with religion anyway? Ever heard of the separation of church and state? What does religion have to do with country? Are you sure I am the one that needs the history lesson? Was I asleep when the US became a Christian nation? Because the US is filled with peoples of all religions. There is no such thing as a Christian nation Tom.

I quote and state what I post not just for your benifit..though I dont hold much hope here ..but for the benifit of those believers who will read these posts and are able to think ..see hear and understand...those under dicipline.

So DISCIPLINE in your world means believing what YOU say? I don't think it means that Tom.

And Excitable Boy...Catholic Priests are Hellenic Pharisees...verses Judiac Pharisees. If you had gotten further than the basics of public education you would know this ...verses what you post.

Once again Tom, they don't teach religion of any kind in public school and they certainly don't teach the Christian gibberish you preach.

Tom...you have no idea who you are talking to or what my educational background is. What does my education have to do with the topic of this post? Just the fact that you keep trying to make my education an issue here just shows that you feel somehow superior to me and feel that you have privilege over me...AND THAT DOES RELATE TO THE TOPIC OF THIS THREAD.

The history and doings of the Pharisees are a intresting read and I highly recommend it.

I would rather sky dive without a parachute than read anything you suggest Tom. No offense.

[edit on 7-6-2006 by Excitable_Boy]

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Your are really living up to your moniker today..well done!!!

Public school nonsense...Wow!!! The dont teach religion in public school. Wow!! Zoooommmmmmmm!!!!! Over your head...way over. Sorry Excitable Boy. THey teach nothing but religion in the context of thier cirriculum. Just by the absence of certain views they teach other views ..devotedly. It is a agenda ..a political agenda financed by another religion called politics. Our politicians finance our public schools...they will not teach you anything to allow thinking and conduct outside of what the state will approve. This is a religion...one which allows only one profile to be seen on one side of the coin. You will never be allowed to know that there is another side of the coin...another profile.
The question at issue here is what is the religion of the body politic in this country. You can also apply this to any country in context of its religion.
I dont have to go to public school per se to figure this out ..all I have to do is closely observe the news media...and its operations shilling for the respective political partys..and once again the political partys finance the public education system through government ...no matter which partys are in favor this year.
What religion are they teaching in public schools Excitable Boy. Its not difficult to figure out.
Oh...you are correct again...well said...Excitable Boy..well said..and confirms my point precisely. Much of what is taught in public school is not my strong suit..especially history and feel good subjects. Quite correct in this statement of yours...Congratulations.
The most I would get out of public school and college is as a base line to other thinking. I would be very discriminatory as to what is taught and probably would not get along well with the instructors simply because I would not fall into the program predictably and controllably.
This is one of the problems you are expriencing with me..I dont fall into the standard blocks you are wont to use to gain maneuverability/leverage. What you miss is that this does not come from me..it comes from someone else. Those who know ..call this Salt.

Excitable Boy I did go to public schools..but in process of time I did get over alot of it. There are many peoples out here who have done the same...stepped out of the standard M1A thinking and they see public school and the body politics as naked. Many blogs on ATS/BTS on this line of thinking..many blogs. I salute these people for thier stepping out of the standard blocks of public school thinking. They have done well on thier journey through this difficult life.

Now Excitable Boy..notice the difference in positions and the slight of hand being played out.

I stated that it was the same God in the Olde Testament as well as in the New Testament. You state that you mention the New Testament because there were no Christians in the Olde Testament. This is not the point I was making. It is however your point about What??? In both politics and religion this is sometimes refered to as "Mental Reservation" "Mentalus Reservatus." A good example of this kind of tangental mental diversion occurred some years back with this famous statement...." I did not have sex with that woman!!" 'Very well done again...if you keep posting like this many readers will catch on and eventually be able to see this tactic often in news and commentary.
My point was about it being the same God in the Olde and New Testaments not no Christians in the Olde Testament. You will do well in liberal politics and public schools. This is a textbook fingerprint of how things are done today.

As to Adolph Hitler being a example of the position you are wont to promote. This works well with many people..it just doesnt work well with me. Many have tried to use this position to promote anti Christian positions by logic and reason. Anyone thinking outside of the "authorized " history would be able to realize that Adolph Hitler and others claiming the mantle of history have no such instructions from the God of the Bible to conduct themselves in this manner. This meaning they have the appearence on the surface of Christianity but behind the scenes they conduct themselves very differently. Just like our politicians..just like our public schools. This just happens to be a more radical example of this kind of deviation. This , by the way Excitable Boy, is exactly what the Hebrews were doing in both the Olde and New Testaments. We have the record of this and since you have read several versions of the Bible you are undoubtedly familiar with this fingerprint in conduct. The Hebrews had the appearence of following Gods Law ..through Moses but in reality they were doing something different behind the scence...behind the public face. Particularly the Pharisees..though they were not the only ones.
My point is that Adolph Hitler has no such instruction as a "Christian " to conduct themselves in this manner...meaning like the Hebrews ..they have deviated from thier instructions...they are now after other gods. A counterfit. Bogus.
Yet you and others must have them as Christians and the example for what is wrong with all of Christianity. This is textbook human reasoning while trying to substitute another religion and another god. You can apply his Knowlege and fingerprint to many things and events/occurences in history ..daily. Simply put is this the Christianity they claim it to be? I apply this often to examining the body politic and much of what I see in this world.

Sorry Excitable Boy...Christian Dicipline does not mean believing what I say....not possible. It means Believing in the Word and trying to practice it daily. Not what I say..another example of your tangental reasoning. In todays logic and reason this is called killing the messenger. Well done again.

Another thing for you to realize ..not taught in public schools for a very good reason..you would once again realize how naked public schools are in certain arenas. This thing is that Religion is the ultimate political power...always has been and always will be. This is why you must never know that they are promoting a religion in public schools ..under the guise of appearing Neutral. They are anything but neutral. They are promoting by default the religion of the body politic. No competition allowed. Remember who pays for public education.
THe problem with Christianity is that in public schools Christianity would put unwanted Light on their religion. They dont want this under any circumstances.
Dont get to upset here ..I see this in many Church Congregations too. They dont want certain things or doctrines taught ..they dont want the Whole Council of God. The Light.

Oh..I am not particularly intrested in your educational background. What is obvious is what you post here..and the religious beliefs that promote it. No problem Excitable Boy. I am intrested in the spirit behind your posts...not your education per se. I say this because what you post is textbook of much of what comes out of public schools and colleges today. I merely make note of this in passing on to other more important points. For some reason this really gets to you. Very intresting response from you on this.
YOU dont let people put you on a string like this..or put yourself on a string over stuff like this. Post your opinions and views..no problem here..just dont get on a string so easily. There are people out here who specialize in this...string pulling.

And as to the last part of your post..I do not believe that I have privelege over you. Not possible. What I know Excitable Boy and have known for some time now is that I am different. Different does not mean better or more priveleged. This is your placebo...to justify your positions. It smacks of typical political maneuvering to those who can see...."Victimization politics." This does not work on me. I have been up this road to many times and seen it used by the body politic to maneuver for position. It is a placebo. It is overdone and overused today. Made popular by the talk show format on television. Maury, Oprah, Rikki, et al..etc etc. etc. This phenomonon was not lost on the body politic. New Orleans and hurricane Katrina was textbook in recent times of "Victimization Politics" and the leverage some use in an attempt to get over on others by using this tactic. There are people out here who see this clearly. It gets wolfy when you see it alot..over and over and over. Another example of nakedness. I dont give makeovers for this kind of "Victimization Politics/Religion." Do I need to take a lie detector test on this????
LOL LOL. Just kidding about the test.

Hope and pray that this helps you out Excitable Boy.
Take care out there,
Orangetom

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Hope and pray that this helps you out Excitable Boy.

That whole ramble session did nothing for me Tom...except maybe bore me to the point of almost falling asleep at my keyboard.

You claim religion and politics to be the same thing. That is funny. I finally figured you out. You think the world has tried to brainwash you....through public education and even college education. You think these establishments are out to zap you of your free will and make you follow what you call the "body politic."...instead of following your own beliefs. This is quite humorous as you don't even realize that the organization that you are a part of now is actually the group that has brainwashed you. You don't even know who your friends are and who are your enemies.

Plus...you are guilty of trying to do to me exactly what you feel the public schools and government are guilty of doing to you. You don't even see that you are no different than the organizations you despise. Look in the mirror Tom, you may get a surprise.

Tom, we have different beliefs/philosophies. There is nothing wrong with that. But don't preach your Pagan nonsense to me about more than one god and that Christians are privileged. That's all Tom. Allow me to have MY beliefs just as you are allowed to have yours....

Some day you may or may not figure out that there actually is just one God....and that he loves everyone and NO RELIGION HAS PRIVILEGE OVER ANOTHER because God doesn't even like religion. Religion was created by men...to get either power over the masses or money from the masses or both. God is just God. God doesn't come with religion...He just comes by Himself.

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 03:24 AM
link   
YOu constantly get it backwards in your postings while claiming the same of others.

Look closely at the title of this thread started by you.

It is you who claim that Christians are priveleged while claiming that I am sayin it. Like I said in my earlier posts...confusion, Placebo. The tangent technique...victimization.

You posted in your last post:

" But don't preach your Pagan nonsense to me about more than one god and that Christians are privileged."

I never made the statement that Christians were priveleged ..you did...and then you turn around in confusion to claim I made such a statement. It is your premise in the title of this thread. Not mine. You have done this over and over. Once again you do the very thing you claim others do to support your point/points. Find out the name of the god of confusion.

I agree once again we have different philosophys. Different views. No problem here..Just no free pass for your philosophy to play through Excitable Boy. Especially with this technique you are wont to use to make your points.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Find out the name of the god of confusion.

There is no god of confusion Tom. Like I said, confusion is a state of mind. If you have a god for every state of mind, that is one bizarre Pagan religion you have going on!

Do you mean Confucius? He was a Chinese philosopher. Is he your god of confusion? Because he really wasn't confusing at all. In fact, he was very similar to Jesus in his thoughts and beliefs.

I agree once again we have different philosophys. Different views. No problem here..Just no free pass for your philosophy to play through Excitable Boy. Especially with this technique you are wont to use to make your points.

Free pass? This is an open forum Tom. I don't need a pass.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join