Christians claim privilege over others

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Think2Much...I don't know what to say....another novella.

Now, when you need Him, how is it you reach Him?

It's called prayer. I present a situation and ask for Him to do what He will with it.

I would take that as a promise you believe He has made, that if you (we) need Him, He is there...how do we learn of such promises?

I don't know how "WE" do anything, but I call it faith.

You say He doesn't want us to be worshipping him all of the time...why?... and how do you know this?

This is where simple common sense comes into play. He created life to be enjoyed. He didn't create life so that everyone would worship Him like fanatics....doesn't make any sense. It's illogical.

why not expound upon it to others, why not enlighten them with peace and love and the serenity you have?

Because I'm not an Evangelist and don't believe in all that nonsense of "Hey, this is what I believe and you should all believe it too." If I did that, I'd be starting a new religion wouldn't I? I don't believe in religion. I have my faith. It is mine...no one elses! If I did what you ask, I'd be no better than any other religious fanatic out trying to convert the masses...that's exactly what I am against.

so did He ever have a human form and then progress until He no longer needed one? Were we alive as spirits before we became human to be refined until we no longer needed human form too? Or did we come into existance when we are born-body and spirit?

Did He ever have human form? I would have to say no. That wouldn't make sense because who would have created Him then?

Were we alive as spirits before we became human? I think we all have always been and always will be.

What defines, or who judges our progression...just God? Based on what? I mean, how does one know what they are progressing to be and gauge their progress in this mortal life? Does God give guidelines? How? And what are they?

Who judges us? That would be God.

How does one gauge their progress? Does one need to gauge their progress? Is that important? Or should one just try to live the best life possible with the gifts they are given? I believe we find out some of the answers you are curious about when we are between lives.

God gave us human form. He didn't give us an owner's manual to go with it.

So that is why I came back-and did not discuss my Christian perspective with you as I had intended, because I see that would indeed be a waste of further time, as it is not what you are interested in-you just want to bash Christians and Christianity here, and mock etc...and I've seen you do it in many forms in many threads.

You intended to discuss your Christian perspective with me? Why? Of course it would have been a waste of time. Isn't that obvious? Through everything, you still have the urge to convert, convert, convert. Instead of just accepting the fact that others are not the same as you and don't believe the same things you do. Let me ask you this: Do you feel the need to convert all Jews? All Muslims? All Buddhists? Everyone that is not a Christian? If so, why? What do any of these people have to do with you and your world?

I haven't bashed Christians. I have presented a different belief and it drives you crazy. That is your problem not mine. Read some of the posts on here. Christians do feel they have privilege. That is not bashing...it's a fact. But, the fact is, they do not have privilege and that's the reason for my post.....to tell you and the rest of them that YOU DON'T HAVE PRIVILEGE!!!!!

And your novella turned from a question asking situation to you just losing it. You just can't accept the fact that I don't believe what you believe. Why is that? Does it make you question your faith or something? It seems something deep down needs to be worked on or something.....but God bless you and good luck with whatever it is you're doing....I'm not sure you even know what it is.

Peace!

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Lastly....

I have plenty too, my friend. Though I have my share of faults. No one is perfect and I do not claim to be either. However, I do claim to try to exercise tolerance for other's religions and beliefs, and have an honest desire to learn about other's beliefs. I certainly do not make a habit of creating threads or controversy attacking other's religions or beliefs or mocking others outright....I may sometimes question them, even my own, but not attack...and not blindly nor with a blanket approach as you regularly have in your religious attack threads, nor do I feel the need to twist the words of others or condescend to them because of their professed beliefs, nor do I take offense if it seems their belief claims some privilage over mine. I may be irritated, but I know it's their mistake, not mine, yk?

You have tolerance for others beliefs? Explain this then:

I find you excitable boy, an obvious member of the Anti-Christian cult, as hypocritical and misinformed and brainwashed as any Christian could be.

Doesn't seem at all tolerant to me. You made this statement way before I even answered all your questions. You in your infinite wisdom had me pegged before you even knew where I stood!

You don't feel the need to condescend? Explain this then:

Gang up? Are you delusional, Boy?

This is quite condescending.....

You accuse me of ranting. What would you call your behavior in your last post. Sure seems you were ranting quite intensely...like someone struck a nerve or something.

I think you should work on yourself before you go judging me. Good luck with that!

Maybe you're not feeling so privileged anymore?

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I have to agree with Think2much on their post.

You are as brainwashed as those you make claim about. This is, however, the correct area for your post. Rant.

As to Judging ..you need to remember ..that Christians Judge everything by what they are taught in the Word. Otherwise they would not know when to seperate from all the wildlife of this world.

Many who like to Rant in these posts like to use the premise that Christians should never Judge. This is incorrect. Christians are to Judge Rightious Judgement ..meaning not thier judgement but Rightious Judgement..from the Word.
Not of themselves.
You however are wont to dismiss the Word under any conditions. No problem here ..I merely make note of this pattern in your operation.

Oh...while I am thinking about it. I never once assumed that you are a Christian...not from the very moment I read your post on page one. I am familiar with Christian Philosophy and also Occult Philosophy and practice..the religions of the East. Your pattern of operation falls into the fingerprint of Occult ..or Gnostic..Eastern religions...humanism...which is also occult. Your pattern of operation also carrys with it the fingerprint of public schooling. Eastern Religion is often infiltrated into public schooling without the student body even being aware of what it is...both in High School levels and colleges. It is just often advertised as the epitomy of human intelligence...but it has origins in Occult philosophys of Millenia past. Nothing new here. Or to Quote the Word..."There is nothing new under the sun." But this is another topic line or rant.

Christians are not priveleged...not possible..they are blessed...a huge difference. You seem wont to make assumptions here based on the concept that Christians will not know the difference nor will they call you on it. I, however, will not give you a free pass to play through on your assumption of "privelege".
A Blessing is something granted to a Christian not based on themselves...or what a Christian thinks is thier worth...but the Blessings of a Soverign God. It is something they dont deserve based on their own merits. This is also sometimes called Grace.
You seem wont to make it appear as privelege ..to support your assumptions. It doesnt wash except in your rants. No thanks...Excitable boy..if I want privelege...I watch the E channel,MTV, and VH1 to get a dose of rubbish and I greatly dislike that and most of what passes for entertainment on television.

Think2much and Darkelf..you two are doing a good job..keep up the good work.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard
I hope everyone understands that the bible doesn’t teach people to act “Holier Than Thou”, quite the opposite actually. Jesus taught his followers to love everyone, to treat them like we want to be treated. It’s not our place to judge others; it’s our place to show love to others.

I believe if you try to use your salvation against someone to damn them you are going against the teachings of Jesus in the New Testament and put yourself at risk.

Blessings....

I so agree with you on this kinglizard.

Another thought too: It is so awful when people place themselves above other people - but not just Christians do this. Throughout time the existance of man has not just placed emphasis on eating to survive; man has survived on power. Sad to say, people will always try to place themselves above other people. and worse of all people will always feel empowered when other people are striving for the same thing or same views. I honestly believe that Christianity is the least of anyones worries - I am afraid there is much bigger fish in the ocean that have control.
Oh, I also separate Christianity from Religion; they are definately different.

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Oh...while I am thinking about it. I never once assumed that you are a Christian...not from the very moment I read your post on page one. I am familiar with Christian Philosophy and also Occult Philosophy and practice..the religions of the East. Your pattern of operation falls into the fingerprint of Occult ..or Gnostic..Eastern religions...humanism...which is also occult. Your pattern of operation also carrys with it the fingerprint of public schooling. Eastern Religion is often infiltrated into public schooling without the student body even being aware of what it is...both in High School levels and colleges. It is just often advertised as the epitomy of human intelligence...but it has origins in Occult philosophys of Millenia past. Nothing new here. Or to Quote the Word..."There is nothing new under the sun." But this is another topic line or rant.

My philosophy has nothing to do with the Occult. Nice try though. The Christian religion has to do with the occult though, based on the definition of occult which I posted earlier. Jesus being resurrected and Mary's immaculate conception are all examples of the occult. And what is it with you and public schooling? Everything I learned was on my own when my father died after reading every text I could find on every religion, philosophy, belief, etc.....Not a thing to do with school of any kind. You need to get over these bizarre thoughts of public school and High School? What are you on about with that?

Why is it so hard for you to fathom that one can believe in something other than what you believe and not be a pagan or occultist?...and not have learned any of it in freaking school!

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Where religion is concerned, I live by a simple principle. Anyone who says they know, doesn't.

I believe the simple act of saying you know what God is, what God wants, and what God thinks is the single biggest act of hubris and overwhelming pride that humans engage in. I don't believe any human is equiped physically, mentally, or spiritially to even begin to comprehend God, if such a being actually does exist, much less claim to speak for God or dictate to others in God's name.

Now, notice that I'm very careful to say that I believe rather than know. Dispite what the Religious would like everyone to think, belief does not equal knowledge. I have no repect or patience for those that confuse them, intentionally as organized religions do, or unintentionally by not thinking the matter through.

Let me also say emphatically that everything I believe could be wrong. I wonder how many Christians will have the intellectual honesty to admit the same.

Lastly, I'll close with a quote from the CD cover of Enigma: The Cross of Changes.

I tried to find him on the Christian Cross, but He was not there. I went to the temple of the Hindus and to the old pagodas, but I could not find a trace of Him anywhere.

I searched on the mountains and in the valleys but neither in the hights nor in the depths was I able to find Him. I went to the Caaba in Mecca, but He was not there either.

I questioned the scholars and philosophers but He was beyond their understanding.

I then looked into my heart and it was there where He dwelled that I saw Him. He was nowhere else to be found.

Jelaluddin Rumi

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Oh, I also separate Christianity from Religion; they are definately different.

Christianity is a religion. How are they different? How does Christianity not fit the definition of religion? This is from Webster's.....

re·li·gion
n.

Belief in and reverence for a supernatural power or powers regarded as creator and governor of the universe.
A personal or institutionalized system grounded in such belief and worship.
A set of beliefs, values, and practices based on the teachings of a spiritual leader.
A cause, principle, or activity pursued with zeal or conscientious devotion.

How does Christianity not fit into this definition?

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 12:23 AM
link   
I have no doubt that you believe in something other than what I believe. I knew this once again from the very first time reading your post page 1.

I just dont by into your rationale or your belief system. Nor your Rants.

As to what you have read...I too learned most of what I know in this field outside of public schooling. For some reason I am on a different trail than are you.

I dont believe in the Immaculate Conception. It is a new doctrine since some time in the 1840s/1850s. It is not part of the original teachings of the early churchs...even before the Council of Nicea in 325AD.

I have no doubt that you have a different god than do I. This is clear from your first post. And yes..your "philosophy" has everything to do with Eastern Religions/ Philosophys. Gnosticsim...the logic and reason of men. Nothing new here.

I do however need you to explain to me and others on this thread how the Resurrection of Jesus is Occult. Can you clear this up for us??

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 06:13 AM
link   
How does the resurrection of Jesus fit the definition of occult??

oc·cult
adj.
Of, relating to, or dealing with supernatural influences, agencies, or phenomena.
Beyond the realm of human comprehension; inscrutable.

Anyone rising from the dead I would say fits the definition of occult. I would say rising from the dead is supernatural, wouldn't you? Pretty cut and dry!!

If you want to get technical, God is really a supernatural being. Therefore, anyone that believes in Him, is an occultist.

[edit on 31-5-2006 by Excitable_Boy]

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Please try again...with your definition.

Occult...hidden.. concealed..known only to a chosen few. Esoteric verses Exoteric. Covert verses overt. Hidden verses open.

You can say alot of things about Christianity but it is not hidden...known only to a chosen few. It is not done in a corner.

Christians will tell you any and everything you want to know. Sometimes it is difficult to get rid of them or get them to stop..shut up.

This is not the case with most of the Esoteric occult religions.

Please try again.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Try again Tom? Why don't you look at the whole definition of Occult...not just the part that suits you:

oc·cult
adj.
Of, relating to, or dealing with supernatural influences, agencies, or phenomena.
Beyond the realm of human comprehension; inscrutable.
Available only to the initiate; secret: occult lore. See Synonyms at mysterious.
Hidden from view; concealed

Of, relating to, or dealing with supernatural influences, agencies or phenomena. beyond the rhealm of human comprehension. These are the main definitions. Hidden from view and concealed are merely synonyms.

Once again: Jesus being resurrected is supernatural, Mary's immaculate conception is supernatural, God Himself is supernatural....

So....you are an occultist, I am an occultist, a lot of people are occultists!!

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Check again...and then check again...and then again...

Think ..dont emote...try musing.

Dont tell me to use the whole definition to put me in the box where you need me. that is what a Liberal does. That is what our unbiased media does.. redefine...misdirect.

Any of those definitions is applicable to occult. The one I used is also a definition of Occult. I meant it only one way. I am aware of the concept in which you spoke. I use it in a different context than you. I understand this. You just need to put people in your box to make your point. This tactic of yours does not invalidate the manner in which I use it.
When you read a dictionary there are many applicable definitions of a word. All applicable. You do not need to use all the definitions to make a point. You just have to know how the language is used.

Think Excitable Boy...

The word Point.

It is a dot or period on a piece of paper. Part of writing or punctuation.

It is a idea.

It is a piece or projection of land.

A tip like on a tool.

Got the point yet???

How does one use the whole definition here ????

One selects the usage of the word..under the various definitions to make ones point. One does not use the "whole " definition.

Please think ..dont emote...muse instead.

This is not thesis, antithesis, synthesis. The melding of the whole for the new thesis.

YOu do this kind of thing with words and definitions and you eventuallycome up with a newspaper..mostly four letter words to broadcast mostly emotions. How I feel!!!! Feelings!!!! My Holy Feelings!!!

Occult..hidden ..concealed..esoteric..known only to a select or initiated few.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Dont tell me to use the whole definition to put me in the box where you need me. that is what a Liberal does. That is what our unbiased media does.. redefine...misdirect.

Trust me Tom, I don't have the ability or power to put you in a box. You are the only one that has that power and you do it quite well. Enjoy living in that box, while I get out in the real world and breath the fresh air and see for myself what is what.

I redefine and misdirect? LMAO!!

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 10:43 AM
link   
YOu do attempt to misdirect..especially to those who do not see it or are not on strong meat...but on milk instead.

Your technique is not far from what passes for news coverage today. Sensationalism. Tabloid. Emotionalism.

It is also not far from what passes for public education. Very very one sided. Just like news coverage.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 10:51 AM
link   
excitable boy,

YOu are correct about one thing. I am not intrested in the box you are wont to put me in. I am not intrested in most of this world. Ive been out in it plenty of times. Not intrested. It can pass me by.

Only a person steeped in this world and the god of this world would be impressed and boast of this world and how great it is.. to others who know better.

There is nothing of great intrest for me in this world..especially nothing of which to boast about.

If I am to boast of anything is is God's Glory..I boast of Him. The God of Abraham, Issac, and Jacob. Not of this world and the things of this world.

To boast of this world is to boast of the god of this world.
You now stand naked before those who know the God of Abraham, the God of Issac and the God of Jacob.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I forgot to add...that...

THanks to you ..your god also stands naked before the God of Abraham, The God of Issac , and the God of Jacob.

Thanks,
Well done,
Orangetom

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Excitable boy

I forgot to add...that...

THanks to you ..your god also stands naked before the God of Abraham, The God of Issac , and the God of Jacob.

There is only one God Tom. I'm not sure why you think there is more than one. Maybe in this journey called life, you will figure it out. Good luck with that and may the one God be with you and bless you and yours! Peace!

Isn't it Pagans that believe in more than one god? I don't know...it's all so confusing.

There is nothing of great intrest for me in this world..especially nothing of which to boast about.

I'm sorry to hear you say this Tom. God didn't put us on this planet to be miserable. He put us here because He wanted us to enjoy the life He gave us to the best of our abilities. If you are depressed, maybe you should seek counseling or something.

[edit on 1-6-2006 by Excitable_Boy]

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Excitable_Boy
Think2Much...I don't know what to say....another novella.
I am a writer

It's called prayer. I present a situation and ask for Him to do what He will with it. (snip)
I don't know how "WE" do anything, but I call it faith.

I think you spend so much time spinning peoples words and meanings, that you think others are apt to do the same to you. I was genuinely inquiring how you communicate with God and recive direction if you don't have the BIble or a holy book or a religion to hep guide you, how do you commune, receive epipahines etc.

I didn't want to assume you prayed, or meditiatated or performed rituals, so I asked. You answer, as well as the "we" one, is condescending and defensive to say "It's called prayer" as if I wouldn't know what prayer was...I just was not about to assume you prayed in your own belief system, is that so bad of me? To not presume anything about what you believe?You mock or chastize me if I offer possibilities, without assuming it is what you do, and likewise when I do not propose any possibility or make any assumption, you equally condescend to me. Thee is no way to postively communicate with you most of the time it seems.

You say you don't know how "WE" do anything, but again, I was asking how the rest of us can achieve what you do. WHat is wrong with that? WOndering how we as a race can do things as you do them...and instead you defend how your belief is only for you...but if it is correct, and everyone else is wrong, don't I have the right to ask how we-the rest of us could come to the same understandings-the correct ones that you have?

You say He doesn't want us to be worshipping him all of the time...why?... and how do you know this?

This is where simple common sense comes into play. He created life to be enjoyed. He didn't create life so that everyone would worship Him like fanatics....doesn't make any sense. It's illogical.

It is illogical to me to think one person can preach to others how it is common sense that God created us to enjoy life and not worship him as fantatics, but all they have to back up their beliefs is that it is their own personal belief, just for them and common sense to them because they know God and his will so well, but will not share how they come to such enlightenement with others. This in itself doesn't bother me, until you combine it with your Christian bashing.

So, While I agree with you here, semantics aside which may define "like fantaics" differently, still you claim to know so much and be so right, and how others are wrong, yet do not want to expound on how and why you fele the way you do or can have the right to condemn others as being so wrong, holier than thou, fantatics etc.

why not expound upon it to others, why not enlighten them with peace and love and the serenity you have?

Because I'm not an Evangelist and don't believe in all that nonsense of "Hey, this is what I believe and you should all believe it too." If I did that, I'd be starting a new religion wouldn't I?
NO, just redefining another one as is done all along. But you do what you say you don't anyway. Eerytime you start one of these Anti-Christian Anti-religion threads, which you do more often than not, you are proclaiming everyone is wrong and thus that you are right. You are preaching that others are wrong, their BIbles are wrong, their attitudes are wrong, their actions and worship is wrong, etc. You aren't condemning them to hell, 2 points for you there, but you are preaching how wrong they are.

The only difference is, you are not telling them how to think, or believe... just how not to. Not how right you are-just how wrong they are. You are as evangelical is your point to prove everyone wrong in their believefs (thus you right) without any accountability to offer an alternative to how they should believe. So you get to bash, feel superior, put others down, and feel justified in doing it because they are wrong and you are right, but somehow do not see the irnoic hypocrissy in that?

I don't believe in religion. I have my faith. It is mine...no one elses! If I did what you ask, I'd be no better than any other religious fanatic out trying to convert the masses...that's exactly what I am against.
But you are a religious fanatic.
You fantatically go about bashing religion!!

You are not trying to convert them to believe something directly, just to believe they are directly wrong, and maybe not even convert them into knowing they are in error, maybe you don't care if they go through their life being wrong...but you are damn determined to preach to them how wrong they are point by point and twist their beliefs into something it often is not. If it is not your intent to help people realize the error of their way, then why bother with all of the consistant, constant bashing? Just for fun? To feel superiour?

More to come... (of course
)

[edit on 2-6-2006 by think2much]

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Did He ever have human form? I would have to say no. That wouldn't make sense because who would have created Him then?

Makes sense to me. I mean...who made Him in his spiritual existance?. He just come into existance? Randomly? But no other diety came randomly into existance? ANd he created us-spiritually and then humanly with mortal bodies? So we existed spiritually already...but then who created us spiritually? He did? Back to Who created him spiritaully?

Or were we randomly created spirtually from the universe like He was...then what differentiates us from Him? And why the moral existance as a human for us? Sometimes over and over again as you believe to be perfected...just to become more like him...and become oly spiritual again and one with the universe...then how does mortal refinement make us more like Him if he has never had a body of human form...why would hHe choose such a refining process. Now talk about illogical!? We should discuss that some time Boy, maybe on a different thread?

Were we alive as spirits before we became human? I think we all have always been and always will be.
I think so too...but I do think we keep our mortal bodies as part of our progression-when we perfect our life in it. Though as an immortal human form I believe the body is much much different.

Who judges us? That would be God.

I agree. And I agree it is common sense not to kill, rape, destroy natural resources or be malicious towards others in any way...but still if God is going to judge us, don't you think he'd tell us some guidelines to go by? I mean, as a parent when a child of mine misbehaves, their understanding and knowledge of the infraction plays a huge role in how they are corrected or punished for the infraction....if they didn't know it was wrong...there is much leniency in teaching them, if they well knew it was wrong, the consequence will be more severe.

How does one gauge their progress? Does one need to gauge their progress? Is that important? Or should one just try to live the best life possible with the gifts they are given? I believe we find out some of the answers you are curious about when we are between lives.

Oh, I think it is indeed important to gauge one's progress and know if they are on the corresct forward course or not. Yes, lie the best life you can with what you are given, but sometimes we don't realize we are not so doing...why wait until the next life to realize you could have and should have done better in this one? WHat if there isn't another life/chance?.

God gave us human form. He didn't give us an owner's manual to go with it.

I diagree. Even your personal epiphanies are your personal owner's manual. :-) I think He gives other directives for all mankind through varius ways as well.

You intended to discuss your Christian perspective with me? Why? (snip)
Becaue I find your attack on Christians unfair and I wanted you to know I was a Christian but do not feel as though I am holier than thou, or fit the mold you put us all in. I wanted you to see perhaps diffferent Christians have different views thatn you have been exposed to, since you obviously seem to prejudiciusly pigeonhole all Christians of all faiths and a few other religions-in most of all of your threads I've read you've started here on ATS/BTS.

Of course it would have been a waste of time. Isn't that obvious? Through everything, you still have the urge to convert, convert, convert.
Spining again? Convert? When have a tried to convert you? I have not, nor do I have the desire to. There you go flinging your ignorant accusation mud again.

But yes, It is obvious discussing Christianity as a whole with you is a waste of time. You are very closed minded, intolerant and prejudiced...however in the same token, for me, it is never a waste of time to discuss my beliefs, as I grow when I do it.

I learn tolerance for others beliefs when I do it.
I learn when I do it, and that is what I think life is all about.That is what *I* think God wants us doing. Living, loving, growing, learning, and having tolerance for our fellow man, hating injustice, and seeking all that is good. That is not a waste of time to me, and though I have not once tried to convert you...much less have any urge, or have shown any urge to "convert convert, conert" as you love to accuse, I have hoped to learn, about myself, and you..

Instead of just accepting the fact that others are not the same as you and don't believe the same things you do.
I do accept that Boy. Why can't you?

I do not start threads bashing the Anit-Chrisitans, Agnostics, athiests, Muslims, etc. Nor do I go around telling anyone that I know there beliefs are wrong.

Let me ask you this: Do you feel the need to convert all Jews? All Muslims? All Buddhists? Everyone that is not a Christian? If so, why? What do any of these people have to do with you and your world?
Let me ask you this, why do you continue to ask me questions that do not apply to me? Again, your accusations fly and they are so old and overused. You repeat the same arguements that do not exist. I have not tried to convert you from your belief or to mine.

I do not try to convert anyone from their belief. Not other Christians, not Jews, Muslims, Athiests, Agnostics, etc.and I haven't tried to concert you from your belief-I've tried to understand you, your beliefs and how you come to them and practive them, and exercise toleranance when I can with you, and get to kknow what you believe and learn from it and also learn from what I believe as it progresses with what I know and experience in life..

I haven't bashed Christians. I have presented a different belief and it drives you crazy. That is your problem not mine.
No, my dear Boy, it is your problem. This is why you create thread after thread about such. It is when others present or believe differently than you, that it drives you crazy. Why can't you just bask in the serenity of your belief and being right and ignnore others, and their religions, even Chrsitians, even evangelical ones-this is what I do for the most part.

But you don't-you attack them in thread after thread This is the hypocrissy I point out from the begining. Which to point out is for your benefit, not a personal attack as you'd like to spin it. Your beliefs do not drive me crazy-your conduct and intolerance does. And it isn't just about you, or religion, when I see this kind of conduct on the boards anywhere, it is what bothers me. Hypocrissy, pigeonholing, stereotyping, and attacking peoples beliefs, and that is why I replied here from the begining. Never to defend Christianity, or convert you, but to learn about you, perhaps from you, enlarge my understanding about myself and my own beliefs practice some tolerance...and I feel for the most part that is what I've done and I am pleased enough to let it go now.

Read some of the posts on here. Christians do feel they have privilege. That is not bashing...it's a fact.
It may be a fact, but then when you do bash them for this fact, it is a bashing thread now isn't it? Especially when you bash them for thinking they are correct, we you are equally guilty of thinking you are.

But, the fact is, they do not have privilege and that's the reason for my post.....to tell you and the rest of them that YOU DON'T HAVE PRIVILEGE!!!!!

and my point is to tell you YOU DONT HAVE THE FACTS to back up your claim any more than Christians do according to you. And this is my point dear Boy, the FACT is YOU claim you know YOUR belief is the TRUTH and FACT, when it is only your belief..

Christians may believe they have some sort of privilage AND they may be right they they may have privilage...on the other hand, as you believe, Christians may NOT have any privilage...

But the ONLY FACT that truly remains is who are YOU to say that your belief that Christians do not is the true fact? You became as you accuse...you say what your belief is as fact while chastizing and bashing others for presenting their belief as fact. This is purely hyppocritical.

And your novella turned from a question asking situation to you just losing it.
I didn't lost it? Lose what? My compusure? Perhaps. Tolerance for your apparent ignorance at times? Maybe. IN general though? No, I lost nothing.

You just can't accept the fact that I don't believe what you believe. Why is that?
Where do you get that I can not accept that you do not believe as I do. Please point this out to me, so I may learn from it because it certainly is not how I conduct myself on any regular basiss. I enjoy religious, theological, existential discussions and am a free thinking Christian, so I can'tr imagine where you get off telling me I can't accept the fact you don't believe what I do. You do not even KNOW what I believe, and I have tried to show not just tolerance but genuine interest in what you belief. Never belittleing it, or telling you you were wrong, or even eluding to the fact you should believe as I do. Show me where if I error in this statement.

Does it make you question your faith or something? It seems something deep down needs to be worked on or something.....but God bless you and good luck with whatever it is you're doing....I'm not sure you even know what it is.

How funny Excitable boy, I feel the same about you. Ditto to you-ver batim.

but to answer, No, I do not question my core beliefs, but sometimes how men have tainted and twisted them. Does something deep down need to be worked on? I sure hope so. I am a work in progress and hope to be perfecting myself in many ways every day...but so far, the only real thing I've tried to converty you to is not a religion, but a philosophy of some more basic tolerance for tohers beliefs... and respect for indivuals. Stop attacking people buddy, its not even what I think God wants you doing.
But thats JMHO

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Lastly....
Oh boy, I almost missed this one! Ah, one more novella for you...in 2 parts no less!

You have tolerance for others beliefs? Explain this then:

I find you excitable boy, an obvious member of the Anti-Christian cult, as hypocritical and misinformed and brainwashed as any Christian could be.

Doesn't seem at all tolerant to me. You made this statement way before I even answered all your questions. You in your infinite wisdom had me pegged before you even knew where I stood!

Nice try, but I knew where you stood-you made it quite apparent from the begining. Also, I wasn't discussing your personal beliefs anyway, but your attitude towards Christians and your obvious prejudism against them showed exactly where you stood for me to be able to determine what kind of opinion would be acurrate for you at that time-and I stand by my first statement even now, you have not changed my mind, though at times you have become nearly more respectful.

Back to the begining though, you began stating all Christians especially "born again" ones think they are the only ones going to heaven, everyone else is going to hell, and that they are egocentric...then after your atheist referenced source, you go on and claim Christians over every other religion think they are the only ones right and privilaged, and go on to refer to them all as thinking they are mini-messiahs and are false prophets as well.

Finally, you claim they all (born agains) have a character flaw. A flaw that makes them seem superior to all others, and finally, you liken them to white supremists. :shk:

Now, you asked to explain, so I am . I have and worked towards having tolerance for people's beliefs, religious or otherwise, and in general with all sorts of people in...but I have claimed before here on ATS/BTS, I will say it again, while I practive tolerance, I have very little tolerance for those that are intolerant!! That is just it cut and dry and you will see it all over ATS/BTS if you see my posts..

Now, with your opening statements as I have described above, indeed I formed just from that information alone my first impression of you as I wrote as an obvious member of the Anti-Christian cult, (you were bashing Christians and using atheist sources) as hypocritical and misinformed (you believe they are wrong as a fact, and you are right as a fact, when no facts are known (hyppocrit)

Furthermore, you are misinformed because not all Christians believe alike first of all, nor worship alike, nor evnagelize or go around trying to convert... and though you've attack protestants, Catholics, Mormons equally on ATS/BTS I find you misinformed if you think all Christians are alike, claim privilage, and act holier than thou, and use sources that are not reliable sources for the subjects at hand.. Finally, I said you seemed as brainwashed as any Christian could be. Add I think that is true, all of your ignorant and inflamatory statememnts makes you seem as though you've believe what you believe with no proof, all the while eluding to Christians having no mind of their own, just being brainwashed and seeking to brainwash(convert)

SO, FTR, I am not intolerant of you or your beliefs, I am intolerant of how you go about expressing them so disrepectfully and ignorantly and how you disregard the rights of others to believe how they will. Disrespectful Intolerance of others is something I am less tolerant of all at ATS/BTS/PTS and in life.

Go ahead and check my thread history I think you'll see my intolerance based on intolerance on any topic is as consistant as your Christian and religion bashing is if anyone where to click your user name and check your history here.

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join