It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians claim privilege over others

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 04:19 PM
link   

quote: Originally posted by Excitable_Boy

Accepting Christ as savior is a Christian rule...not God's rule.

Acts 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

1. What have you decided that means? and...
2. Who wrote it? God certainly didn't....

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Excitable_Boy

1. What have you decided that means? and...
2. Who wrote it? God certainly didn't....

1.Salvation comes through Jesus Christ and the redemption he brings through faith in His sacrifice for the forgiveness of sin.
2.All scripture is given by inspiration of God.

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 06:30 PM
link   

All scripture is given by inspiration of God.

According to who? And isn't that a convenient way for any group to get the masses to follow their rules? by telling them "It's inspired by God."

[edit on 24-5-2006 by Excitable_Boy]

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 09:42 PM
link   

According to who? And isn't that a convenient way for any group to get the masses to follow their rules? by telling them "It's inspired by God."

Who is this "group" that want the masses to follow them? If you are talking about the catholic church, your right don't follow what they do because it is not the truth.

I don't follow a group, I am following Jesus/God. I attend services held in a building weekly, but I'm following God.

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Excitable Boy,

I started twice to respectfully discuss my spiritual views and get to know yours by replying to your post to me, and again to others, but I think that is in vain. I think all Christians need not contend with you any longer unless for the record you discuss what your beliefs are...not merely what they aren't.

You say you believe in God and an afterlife and that everyone goes there and then saying you don't need anyone to tell you what to believe or religion etc, nor do you need a book written by men to tell you what and how to believe, and discount the Bible entirely...and bash Christianity as being false...

but you don't say how you do KNOW what you say you know,...or how to believe correctly (for others to benefit from your knowledge/divine wisdom) just that you do know Christianity is wrong and you are right etc...

Well...do tell...how you came to such conclusions? That the Bible is wrong and false, and that Christians are wrong and that Jesus was not the son of God, etc.

AND please expound on what you do know as the actual truth about God and your specific faith in Him/Her so we can acurrately assess your beliefs as a believer in God, not an athiest etc.

Did you, do you... receive direct revelation from God?

Or did you just come up with your view of God all by your little ol' self, and decide it must be the truth because it sure sounded good to you, and beat what every other religion teaches?

Fact is, every religion has a bit of truth in it, as does your belief as well I'm sure have some ounce of truth in it...but tell us how it is you KNOW Chrisstianity is wrong, etc. and how you KNOW you are right?

Or did you come to the conclusions you have, by the teaching of men about God?

Then what teachings? By what men? From What what sources (Besides the athiest source you cited here and the usual Anti______________(fill in the blank) sources you often cite in your threads attacking peoples religions/denominations/beliefs)

And please expound upon how your belief and understanding of God and the afterlife is it better/more acurrate, more divine than Christianity, the Bible etc?

You should share what it is you do believe about God, how you came to believe it and how you are confirmed in your belief-how you have recieved confirmation that you are correct, so we can all be thus enlightened, see the error of our ways and thinking.

I mean, if you are right and All Christians are wrong, then you have nothing to lose and everything to gain by sharing this enlightened truth and all the sources you've drawn from, and/or personal revelation from God you've recieved.

I'm not asking you to prove your belief, nor disprove Christianity.

I am just asking that you explain what you believe entirely, and why, and how you came to this conclusion.

I find the fact that you cited from an ATHIEST source for your attack on Christians/Christianity here very telling from the begining.

But more so when I see that no one here is playing "holier than thou" card, as you accuse, but you twist things, mock things, and deliberately misconstrue things to keep the negative energy flowing, I start to get a very clear picture of you and your beliefs, as well as your usual MO here on ATS.

Your spiritual ambiguity is something you conveniently hide behind like a coward. You believe in God, so you can't be called an athiest or agnostic, though you draw from their anti-god/anti-Christian sources.

You aren't affiliated with any religion, so your beliefs remain vague and apparently indisputably correct in your opinion.

I've reviewed your history of created threads and postings to see that it is your usual method of operation to attack people and their beliefs and feed on the negativity and saw you've started a number of threads and attack protestant Christianity, Mormons, Catholics even muslims I believe if I remember correctly.

I was just basically appalled that this is just your usual MO and I wasted time trying to discuss Christianity with you, or bothered trying to show you that not all Christians are "holier than thou" but it isn't "Born Again" christians that "Claim privilage" that you falsely claim you have a problem with here...it's ALL CHRISTIANS for MANY reasons, protestants, catholics, mormons, and other religions.

You make these religious attacks regularly and very ignorantly at times using very base anti-whatever sources for your attacks and you are going to continue to twist people's words here, and mock them and Christianity, and bait them and hope to rile them, and I refuse to be a part of it any longer. When it isn't about religion I still see your combatant form of "one-upmanship" posting in most of what you write anyway.

But if you ever want to rationally and respectfually discuss Christianity, religion, OR...

If you ever have the guts to really proclaim exactly what it is you believe about God for once, and expound upon how you came to believe it, and why...and how it is confirmed correct to you, so that others may seek the same confirmation, and the same peace and serenity in the truth you say you have, then I'd enjoy reading that some time if have an actual basis for your belief.

Or if it ever goes beyind the simple surface philosophy that God is God and it doesn't matter what you believe or how you live. Or is that it? Is that all you got?

Otherwise I do not have time for yet another typical holier than thou Anti-Christian thread or poster as you obviously are.

orangetom darkelf and the rest of you, why bother? Let him play in the sandbox alone he isn't interested in being tolerant or educated or meeting level headed Christians. He is interested in attempting to be offending and mocking and it's obvious by his history, and if he hasn't realized this about himself by now, he needs a wake-up call. He'll soon just start another thread, with anti-christian or athiest source-just watch.

Wake up Excitable Boy.

[edit on 25-5-2006 by think2much]

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I get the impression that he believes in a higher power. A power greater than himself. He chooses to call this power God. Whenever he says the serenity prayer or Our Father at the end of the meeting, that is the God he prays to.

If I am wrong I will gladly print a retraction.

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Think2Much...wow! That sure is a mouthful. 3 pages in word. I guess you do think too much. I will try to answer what I am able for you.

I must start here though: You say you have tried twice to "respectfully" discuss this with me, but one of the first things you said to me...was this:

I find you excitable boy, an obvious member of the Anti-Christian cult, as hypocritical and misinformed and brainwashed as any Christian could be.

This was a direct attack on me...

But, getting back to your 3 page novella:

Well...do tell...how you came to such conclusions? That the Bible is wrong and false, and that Christians are wrong and that Jesus was not the son of God, etc.

AND please expound on what you do know as the actual truth about God and your specific faith in Him/Her so we can acurrately assess your beliefs as a believer in God, not an athiest etc.

Did you, do you... receive direct revelation from God?

I came to such conclusions in this way: by studying theology (after the death of my father), by reading texts from a variety of cultures and religious organizations, by separating what made sense from what did not. Some of it common sense and some of it more than common. The Bible was written by men...new and old testament. Jesus was made into the messiah by a group of people that wanted to form a new religion and control the masses with such. Thus the creation of the new testament. They needed a text to fit their new religion. Thus the genocide that followed (they needed to convert or do away with those that opposed the wonderful new religion).

What do I know about God? I have faith that God, a higher power, created the universe. That He wants us to enjoy the life we have been given to the best of our abilities. He doesn't want us to spend all our time worshipping Him but He wants us to know He is there if we need Him. He certainly does not want us to fear Him. Living in fear of anything is not healthy. He understands we are mortal.

I believe in reincarnation. I believe we come back over and over again until we reach a point when we no longer need the confines of human form (a point where we are as pure as a human being can be). Then we go to heaven and just ARE as He IS. Free of the confines of human form. Existing as one with the universe.

Did I receive direct revelation from God? I know you are trying to be funny here....a fine job! No such thing. I just came to a point when it all seemed quite clear...maybe an epiphany? I have felt serenity ever since.....

Or did you just come up with your view of God all by your little ol' self,

See..now here is where you can't even follow the guidelines you are want of me to follow.

And please expound upon how your belief and understanding of God and the afterlife is it better/more acurrate, more divine than Christianity, the Bible etc?

Better? Understand this: I am not here to try to convert anyone (I will leave that to a variety of religions, one in particular known as Christianity) to my way of thinking. My faith is just that: MINE!

Your spiritual ambiguity is something you conveniently hide behind like a coward.

Another personal attack by you.

I was just basically appalled that this is just your usual MO and I wasted time trying to discuss Christianity with you, or bothered trying to show you that not all Christians are "holier than thou" but it isn't "Born Again" christians that "Claim privilage" that you falsely claim you have a problem with here...it's ALL CHRISTIANS for MANY reasons, protestants, catholics, mormons, and other religions.

If you are appalled at all the time you have wasted, why have you chosen to waste more? And the name of this thread is "Christians claim privilege over others" not "Born Again Christians claim privilege over others."

You make these religious attacks regularly and very ignorantly at times

Yet another personal attack.

Or if it ever goes beyind the simple surface philosophy that God is God and it doesn't matter what you believe or how you live. Or is that it? Is that all you got?

I never said it doesn't matter how you live. I believe it is important to lead as good a life as possible. I believe it's important to have character, integrity and morals. I've got plenty. What do you have?

orangetom darkelf and the rest of you, why bother? Let him play in the sandbox alone he isn't interested in being tolerant or educated or meeting level headed Christians.

Already trying to gang up on the guy that thinks different. Convert or kill...just like my timeline shows. If you are so level headed, why all the personal attacks?

Peace. May the love of God rain down upon thee!

[edit on 25-5-2006 by Excitable_Boy]

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I may not agree 100% with everything posted by Excitable Boy (but I do agree with him on Warren Zevon!) but, I, too, believe in G-d and do not belong to any "name-brand" religion or religious organization. I don't believe in worship in the contemporary and commonly used context - I don't think G-d is interested in any kind of worship.

There are two major sticking points in the current conversation:
1) Jesus is the only way to salvation
2) all scripture is inspired by G-d

Point 1: I do not accept that Jesus is the only way to G-d; that was something invented by either Jesus or Paul. I also don't feel any need for salvation - whatever that is.

Point 2: There is simply no way to justify that "all scripture is inspired by G-d" if you don't accept all the scriptures that were written by pious men and women who sincerely believed that they were inspired by G-d. G-d did not personally attend the meetings when the Holy Bible was canonized and labeled complete. If you've every known more than one preacher, priest, rabbi, etc. then you know that they can't agree on much. Someone won the arguments but I don't accept that G-d was intervening in them. I doubt G-d cares much about the Holy Bible very much. I mean, I doubt G-d hates it but, it's neither here nor there to the Supreme Being.

That's my "religion" and I've seen absolutely nothing that would make me doubt it. And, yes, I'm pretty well-read in matters of religion and religious texts. I'm also pretty well-read in matters of the politics of religion so I have a pretty good idea about how all this doctrine, dogma, liturgy, etc. gets codified.

And, all that brings us back to the central point - one which is unlikely to ever be settled to anyone's satisfaction. It is arrogant in the extreme to tell anyone that their beliefs are false if they hold them sincerely. I don't go around saying Christianity is false. Christians should offer the same courtesy. That's all I'm saying.

[edit on 25-5-2006 by Al Davison]

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Can I get an Amen for Brother Davison? Amen brother.

If I have personally attacked anyone, I apologize. If I have made slight of anyone's beliefs, I again humbly apologize! Let's just do without the feelings of privilege. That's the point of this thread.....

The only privilege you have when you're dead, is the privilege to rot.

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Al Davison
It is arrogant in the extreme to tell anyone that their beliefs are false if they hold them sincerely. [edit on 25-5-2006 by Al Davison]

So it appears to me that the hijackers of 9/11 believed that to take life away from some was OK and if in the process of doing that you insure heaven for yourself it is OK and not only Ok but a duty.

There is a right and a wrong. Some things are true and some things are false.

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Not a whole lot of hope and good feelings in that. Not a very good future in that sentence.

The hope and message of Christ is Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.

If alot more people really took the time to read the Bible with the intent that it is intended, to tell how to be saved, instead of reading it skeptically they would finally see the truth.

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 01:20 AM
link   
you posted:

"The only privilege you have when you're dead, is the privilege to rot."

This is not a statement a Christian would make. This is a statement made by those who believe only in the flesh and the power of the flesh.

Thank you for the clarification of your point and your god.

Orangetom

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 07:20 AM
link   

quote: Originally posted by Excitable_Boy

Not a whole lot of hope and good feelings in that. Not a very good future in that sentence.

The hope and message of Christ is Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.

If alot more people really took the time to read the Bible with the intent that it is intended, to tell how to be saved, instead of reading it skeptically they would finally see the truth.

Dbrandt...you missed my point. I am merely trrying to show you that no one has any privilege in death. If you bothered to read the post before this one, you would understand my philosophy on life and death. Instead you choose to ignore that and only look at this comment I made about privilege. Just trying to point out, once again, that Christians have no privilege over anyone.

Read the bible with the intent that it was intended? Who decided what the intent was? It tells us how to be saved? I don't need to read the bible (which I have done many times) to see the truth. So the bible is a How To book? The new title of it should be: The New Testament: A How To Guide to the Privilege of Being Saved by various mortal men who think they are better than everyone else.

Excitable Boy

you posted:

"The only privilege you have when you're dead, is the privilege to rot."

This is not a statement a Christian would make. This is a statement made by those who believe only in the flesh and the power of the flesh.

Thank you for the clarification of your point and your god.

I know it isn't a statement a Christian would make. I am not a Christian. If you bothered to read the post before this one, you would know what my philosophy on life and death is. But instead, like Dbrandt, you choose to just focus on this one sentence which was meant to be amusing...and it of course, shows the level of both of your fanaticism!

If you want to know about my thoughts on God, read the post before this one. Otherwise continue to profess to be a perfect being and continue to proclaim your privilege.

For the both of you that managed to miss a quite large post and only focus on one sentence:

I came to such conclusions in this way: by studying theology (after the death of my father), by reading texts from a variety of cultures and religious organizations, by separating what made sense from what did not. Some of it common sense and some of it more than common. The Bible was written by men...new and old testament. Jesus was made into the messiah by a group of people that wanted to form a new religion and control the masses with such. Thus the creation of the new testament. They needed a text to fit their new religion. Thus the genocide that followed (they needed to convert or do away with those that opposed the wonderful new religion).

What do I know about God? I have faith that God, a higher power, created the universe. That He wants us to enjoy the life we have been given to the best of our abilities. He doesn't want us to spend all our time worshipping Him but He wants us to know He is there if we need Him. He certainly does not want us to fear Him. Living in fear of anything is not healthy. He understands we are mortal.

I believe in reincarnation. I believe we come back over and over again until we reach a point when we no longer need the confines of human form (a point where we are as pure as a human being can be). Then we go to heaven and just ARE as He IS. Free of the confines of human form. Existing as one with the universe.

Imagine that...the crazy guy that made a comment about the only privilege we have is the privilege to rot actually believes in a Higher Power....and that Higher Power is God.

As Think2Much once said to me, maybe you guys need to lighten up a little. Take a joke...relax.....accept the fact that others have different beliefs than you do and, most important, understand that YOU HAVE NO PRIVILEGE OVER ANYONE!!

Now....God bless you both!

[edit on 26-5-2006 by Excitable_Boy]

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 07:28 AM
link   

So it appears to me that the hijackers of 9/11 believed that to take life away from some was OK and if in the process of doing that you insure heaven for yourself it is OK and not only Ok but a duty.

There is a right and a wrong. Some things are true and some things are false.

In your scenario, the hijackers feel they have PRIVILEGE over others and by performing their nasty business, they will go to heaven.

This is no different than the PRIVILEGE you feel you have over others with regards to being ALLOWED into heaven. No difference whatsoever. Different beliefs...same feelings of PRIVILEGE! Get over your good self!

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Yes, there is a privilege in accepting Jesus as your savior. You see Christians believe that by doing so you will find salvation....a privilege....I'll say....I can't think of a greater privilege....

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I claim no such "privilige."

I have claimed that I deserve hell and damnation and that God would be perfectly right and just to send me there.

I make no such claims that you "assume " for the purposes of your exposition.

Grace is not a privelege..it is a "Unmerited Gift" A blessing we do not deserve in our flesh.

You keep making assumptions on what I and other post in order to claim your position. It is not so. It is however...drama. The very thing you claim that others do.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Terrorists (like those mentioned in the 9/11 tragedy) committed an atrocity acting on their firmly held beliefs. Name any of the recognized religions and I can name atrocities committed by those who sincerely believed they were doing the will of G-d.

Far fewer people were killed by the 9/11 attacks than die each year from automobile accidents but I don't see a "war on driving" as something that very many people get so excited about that they'll go out and buy a Chinese-made magnetic decal and put it on their car. Why not? Are the lives lost due to other causes somehow less tragic?

Nothing like a good ol' fashion ideaological attack to get folks all fired up!

Even so, it's not that I blame religion so much for all the deaths and human tragedies that have happened because one group or another thought they were doing G-d's work. I blame the people, the individuals involved, for allowing themselves to be convinced that G-d actually cares about their small, narrow-minded, self-serving actions. The G-d I believe in is not that small.

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Think2Much...wow! That sure is a mouthful. 3 pages in word. I guess you do think too much. I will try to answer what I am able for you.
Indeed I think to much and write too much-it's a curse I'm trying to find a way to make it into a blessing.
Thanks for your patience with me.

I must start here though: You say you have tried twice to "respectfully" discuss this with me, but one of the first things you said to me...was this:

I find you excitable boy, an obvious member of the Anti-Christian cult, as hypocritical and misinformed and brainwashed as any Christian could be.

This was a direct attack on me...

Actually, you may feel that way understandably, but it was an observation and my tone was factually opinionated, not antagonisitic or inflamatory-I truly wished for you to see how you come accross.

However, when I recently wrote about respectually writing to you twice lately, I was actually referring to the two times in the past two days I began writing to you but always ran out of time, or lost my post (because I didn't write it in word! ARGH! Hate it when that happens!) and then when begining for a third time had decided a respectful point-by-point conversation might be a waste of time anyway when I see how belittling and condescending to others you consistantly are, and reviewed your history man...it was very very telling, Boy.

But, getting back to your 3 page novella:
well, notice the "writer" title.
Geez, there is something almost redeeming about you that I can't quite disregard entirely, must be your sense of humor.

I came to such conclusions in this way: by studying theology (after the death of my father), by reading texts from a variety of cultures and religious organizations, by separating what made sense from what did not. Some of it common sense and some of it more than common.
Ok, I can feel you on that. All of it. BTDT myself, and actually came to many of the same conclusions you have for awhile. More so in my late teens throughout my 20's, so forgive me if I speculate that you are young-by mortal age or spiritually, possibly just in your 20's now, and lost your father young as well. Just speculating, and understanding where you come from s. Losing my father wasn't the catalyst for me, but still, I traveled the same road as you and I can feel you on all of that.

The Bible was written by men...new and old testament.
I can feel you on that as well. I don't think many Christians even understand how the Bible was compiled or by whom! I spent alot of time contemplating if how the Bible was written and compiled negated it's validity as the word of God...I've come to different conclusions at different times, but as you know now, I do not believe it negates it as the Word of god, even if it has been corrupted by men, God still has use for it, for the faithful. Those that twist it to falsely rule their masses is done so to their condemnation. JMHO

Well, He created us so I hope He understands we are mortal! I feel you on all of that. Now, when you need Him, how is it you reach Him? And I would take that as a promise you believe He has made, that if you (we) need Him, He is there...how do we learn of such promises? How do we look to Him when we need him? How do we learn more about Him and what He does and does not do, promise, or want us to do. You say He doesn't want us to be worshipping him all of the time...why?... and how do you know this?

I know you are just saying merely what you believe because I asked, but if you believe it to be true, have had personal confirmation that it is true, and that you have figured out God, and know that all religions are wrong, and know beyond a shadow of a doubt that what you believe, is true and right, why not expound upon it to others, why not enlighten them with peace and love and the serenity you have?

...why instead do you choose to get irritated or "amused" by other religions etc and why make thread after thread attacking them here on ATS and wherever else you may post? I don't get that part of your peace and serenity and your personal relationship with God...any more than I get those "fellow Christian's" telling me I am a heretic, I am blasphemous at times, I am wrong, misguided, or going to hell for not speaking in tongues! ARGH!
I get annoyed with them...but I do my best to ignore them.

Hmmm interesting...so did He ever have a human form and then progress until He no longer needed one? Were we alive as spirits before we became human to be refined until we no longer needed human form too? Or did we come into existance when we are born-body and spirit?

What defines, or who judges our progression...just God? Based on what? I mean, how does one know what they are progressing to be and gauge their progress in this mortal life? Does God give guidelines? How? And what are they?

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Geez, Excitable Boy, I ran out of room on my last post-imagine that?

Anyway, carrying on, just so you know my tone, when I say I have BTDT and now ask about your beliefs you've shared more in depth I say it honestly and do it with true interest in understanding them, you, and your perception of God. I am facetious in none of it.

Anyway, carrying on...

Did I receive direct revelation from God? I know you are trying to be funny here....a fine job!
Actually, it does and would seem that way, especially if written by you, Boy!
But no, actually, I was honestly inquiring if you make such a claim. Of course I'd probably disrespected you calling you a false prophet as you've done to others here if you'd said indeed God speaks to you directly and has rejected Christian's Himself to you etc.

No such thing. I just came to a point when it all seemed quite clear...maybe an epiphany? I have felt serenity ever since.....
Now see, that is awesome. I am a firm believer in epiphanies-especially ones that bring peace and serenity. Sometimes epiphanies come with tough challenges, ugh, I'm found of them because the outcome is always good, but I like the instant peace ones best!

My question to you then is, why do you feel the need to rant, and start threads and bash other's people's religions, beliefs, etc. and unfairly stereotype all people of faiths?

Why do you twist peoples words and always look for the offense or hypocrisy?

Why do you condescend to others who have a faith or religion different from your beliefs for not being of their inferior religion? Why do you attack and chastize others for what they do in the name of their religion, when you do the same in the name of freedom from religion? As if you feel you are superior because you don't go around judging others and sentancing them to hell for not believing as you do, but yet you intentionally go around bashing all other religions and beliefs, and judging them as the worst sorts... which makes you just as bad as them. Do you see my point at all?

Is that what you feel God wants you to do? Bash other peoples religion and try to mock their beliefs and point out their errors, and ridicule them self-righteously?

People may be misguided, many religions and even the Christian one I associate myself with often is, but I do not feel the need to prove others wrong in their beliefs to validate my own, nor disprove theirs, or bash theirs. I do however hate to see unwarranted attacks on anyone or their faith, and thats what I see this thread as, your attitude as, and your other threads as-blatant attacks and I don't know why you feel this uncontrollable urge to do this. You are disrespctful at best-blatantly condescending and twisting at worst at times.

Or did you just come up with your view of God all by your little ol' self,

See..now here is where you can't even follow the guidelines you are want of me to follow.
Well, never said I was prefect.
But I thought that was kind of funny. Maybe I should have added a
for tone, but you know I wasn't bashing you, twisting your words, or condescending, but had to do *something* so you could feel me, where I was coming from....and I think you did. Right?

Better? Understand this: I am not here to try to convert anyone (I will leave that to a variety of religions, one in particular known as Christianity) to my way of thinking. My faith is just that: MINE!

Your faith is indeed yours, but, then why do you use it to engage in battles with those of other faiths? It is not just your personal private belief when you present it as the facts that dispute the validity of other people's belief's as fact. You don't see that? Your constant jabs at Christianity are endless and tiring.

As far as not converting anyone, or wanting to enlighten them at best, then your only point for all of these religion bashing threads is just to purely bash then? Truly that is a shame. You are not trying to exercise tolerance, learn tolerance, find any Christians that may break your unfair stereotype for the faith or religion, or enlighten anyone, or entice them to a different way of thinking...you are just wanting to spout off, or try to find offense to feel validated in your accusations, or cause a controversey enough to gain points perhaps? I don't know.

Your spiritual ambiguity is something you conveniently hide behind like a coward.

Another personal attack by you.

That was not a personal attack, but an observation. You have been rather ambiguous about your beliefs I feel, and likening you to a coward for that action is not an attack on you, but another observation and description. However, I appreciate your new form of restraint shown here, especially when speaking to me. This is a respect you rarely- if ever -display to anyone with an opposing view from you. I admit, I was trying to get you to walk that way.

If you are appalled at all the time you have wasted, why have you chosen to waste more? And the name of this thread is "Christians claim privilege over others" not "Born Again Christians claim privilege over others."

Title aside as it doesn't matter, your opening statement targeted Born Again Christian's specifically as have you throughout, so I don't know what your point is there. But what I am appalled with, is the waste of time I spent trying to show you not all Christian's are the same, or holier than thou, or hyppocrits any more then anyone else...or even you..., when I see you've had threads attacking Catholics and Mormons and Muslims etc and it's just your MO thats all

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Geez...can you believe I ran out of room again?

Anyway, discussing anything respectfully and with worthwhile purpose (exercising tolerance, pondering other views etc) is never a waste of time. So that is why I came back-and did not discuss my Christian perspective with you as I had intended, because I see that would indeed be a waste of further time, as it is not what you are interested in-you just want to bash Christians and Christianity here, and mock etc...and I've seen you do it in many forms in many threads.

But it is not a waste of time to try to help others and maybe even you see, what your usual MO is, and how you've done this all before with other Christian religions/denominations and other religions...and how what you do is negative, what you create here is negative, and I don't care what you believe about God, I do not think He is a negative God who would approve of this. Not the God I know. But maybe your God is different indeed.

You make these religious attacks regularly and very ignorantly at times

Yet another personal attack.

Nope. Thats not an attack-personal or otherwise. Anyone can click on your name and see the other religion bashing threads you've created. It is a fact. and as far as me saying you've done it ignorantly, well, I'm not saying you are a raging ignoramous in general or something, but I've read some of your other threads and you've perpetuated blatant lies and false facts from very unreliable biased anti_______whatever sources and saying they are the best source for such-that is pretty ignorant. It is not a personal attack, or meant as one, it is a factual statement. It is not denying ignorance to use ignorant sources that have no facts to back up their claims, and lies about religions or people in them, etc.

I never said it doesn't matter how you live. I believe it is important to lead as good a life as possible. I believe it's important to have character, integrity and morals. I've got plenty. What do you have?

I have plenty too, my friend. Though I have my share of faults. No one is perfect and I do not claim to be either. However, I do claim to try to exercise tolerance for other's religions and beliefs, and have an honest desire to learn about other's beliefs. I certainly do not make a habit of creating threads or controversy attacking other's religions or beliefs or mocking others outright....I may sometimes question them, even my own, but not attack...and not blindly nor with a blanket approach as you regularly have in your religious attack threads, nor do I feel the need to twist the words of others or condescend to them because of their professed beliefs, nor do I take offense if it seems their belief claims some privilage over mine. I may be irritated, but I know it's their mistake, not mine, yk?

orangetom darkelf and the rest of you, why bother? Let him play in the sandbox alone he isn't interested in being tolerant or educated or meeting level headed Christians.

Already trying to gang up on the guy that thinks different. Convert or kill...just like my timeline shows. If you are so level headed, why all the personal attacks?

Gang up? Are you delusional, Boy? Or just have to twist where you can, or is it an unconscious habit? Convert or kill? Could you be more dramatic. I don't want to convert you-haven't tried...nor do I want to attack you-kill you-or otherwise. I simply want them to know who you are, understand you are not interested in tolerance, maybe encourage them to read your other attacking threads...

but all in all, I told them not to bother with you-leave you alone-how is that ganging up, Boy? I didn't say "1-2-3 kick sand in his face!" nope, no ganging up, no convert or kill, I was advocating more of an abandonment of you-leave you to to revel in your superiority and eat sand if you got bored.

Convert or kill...boy you are good at the whole twisting thing, I'll give you that. I am pretty level headed, not always, but often, but I've really not made the heinous personal attacks you want to believe- and say- I have. BUt hey, you do what you gotta do to get by in your world.

Peace. May the love of God rain down upon thee!

And also upon you my friend.

[edit on 26-5-2006 by think2much]

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join