It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians claim privilege over others

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 10:27 AM
link   

For the fear of the Lord is the begining of wisdom.

Notice that it does not say...the fear of the Lord is wisdom...but the begining of wisdom.

Taken out of context, what does it mean? I don't fear God and don't believe anyone should. I don't care what the bible says. The bible was written by mortal men for questionable reasons.

Now contrast this with the man made doctrine...by the Gnostics...wise men or wizards...man made doctrine so popular today you see it on the back of vehicles.

"No Fear"

No Fear...no wisdom. It is simple.

The expression "No Fear" has nothing to do with religion or faith and I'm not sure why you even think it does. It has to do with extreme sports....like jumping out of airplanes and bunjee jumping and snowboarding,etc.....Where did you get the idea it had anything to do with faith or religion? Man made doctrine by wizards and Gnostics? No....an expression used by extreme sport enthusiasts!

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Excitable_Boy

Anti-Christian cult? Really?

Really really. Really truly. Seems that way to me.

I believe in God and am a member of no church or group. I have my faith and have serenity in that.

That is great. I am happy for you. Serenity is important in life, as is more so, God.

Now, perhaps you should seek to have such serenity when confronted with those of a different faith than you, instead of becoming so obviously upset, and/or instead of seeking to rally others for your Anti-Christian cause by creating such a thread as this, or blatantly attacking Christians by such a thread. Or in my case, twisting someone's words to make a false point and take offense where none was warranted.

I don't know if you pray, meditate or how you worship, but I am sure God would grant you tolerance for others if you were to seek it, as I'd imagine God wants us all to have peace, serenity and love for one another. Or does your God not promote such?

Am I a cult of one? Did I brainwash myself?

You could be a cult of one. By definition, a cult does not have to have a certain number of individuals, however it is usually characterized, and often defined, by a small number of people who believe non-traditionally, or have unorthodox beliefs of a religious nature. You do fall into such a category, but so often many of us do, don't we? You needn't officially join a cult to be considered of a cult if you share the belief system.

About brainwashing, I highly doubt you brainwashed yourself exclusively. Nor are you only purely self deceived, or entirely decieved for that matter. I am sure you have had a plethora of information from various sources to come to your conclusions, both about how you view God, and choose to believe and worship... or not,... and how you perceive others, particularly Christians as a whole, and especially "Born Again" Christians and judge them for their beliefs and actions...and I am sure many of those sources, like the athiest referenced piece here on this thread, have had an impact and helped in the "brainwashing."

Atheist cult? Can I be an atheist if I believe in God? Is an atheist someone that doesn't accept Jesus as his savior in your philosophy? Are all Jews, Muslims, Buddhists, etc....atheists in your world?

Please, there is no need to try to put words in my mouth, I'm verbose enough. I think it is quite reasonable for me to see an athiest piece of work referenced, combined with anti-christian rhetoric throughout, for me to compare your tendancies with the athiest cult. But I never called you an athiest-not once.

To play along and answer your questions though, no an athiest is someone who does not believe in any God. However, lets state again for the record- I never said you were an athiest excitable boy, nor did I say, or imply, any other faith like Jews or Musslims or Buddhists are athiests...in my world or yours.

Lets look at your tone and words now... "in your world" Not only are you putting words in my mouth, and twisting things, but you take holier than thou tone with me and attempt to discredit me or ridicule me by adding "in your world" Boy, you are either very ignorant and have to resort to such lowbrow methods of arguement, or very intelligent and know you really don't have an arguement or offense with me, and feel you have to create one since I am the Christian enemy apparently, and then do so by twisting my words, and condescending to me with such statements as "in your world" all while accusing Christians of being "holier than thou."

Pot...meet kettle.

I see you will take offense wherever you can and ensure reason to, even if you have to twist words. Not likely to say "oh I see your point, and appreciate your perspective" to anyone who doesn't agree with you, and furthermore you are sure you are right and the only one with any right to state so as some sort of undisputable fact.

Who again is holier than thou Boy? How could anyone be holier than thou when you so obviously hold yourself superior to everyone else, or at least all Christians. I am not preaching to you, I have not threatened you will visions of hell, I have not even called you an athiest as you falsely accuse. I have not stated you are wrong or that I am right or even tried to speak condescendingly to you as if I was holier than thou, so please tell me where your offense is with me truly? That I point out your mistakes or flaws? Sorry, if the truth hurts. I have flaws too though, so I am certainly not playing holier than thou in pointing them out!

You look for offense and you will find it-I was looking for none, and found none. See how that works?
You have not offended me, however I do find your attack on Christians and holier than thou attitude as irritating as fellow Christians telling me I am going to hell because I do not believe as they do...yes, now I am comparing you to some Christians too, but don't go accusing me of calling you one!

Now, to continue to clarify, back to my actual statement, where I did say "many of such..." (speaking of the obvious Anti-Christian cult you appear to belong to through beliefs if not actual association) "as is with the athiest cult..." which clearly seperates the athiest from "many of such" people such as yourself who attack Christians, while comparing them.

So, I was actually quite clearly making the point not to call you an athiest, but compared you to one in anti-Christian purpose only. I still would too, compare you to them in your style of attack, as you continue to use the typical methods of athiests in their attack on Christians.

I'll continue in a moment...

[edit on 22-5-2006 by think2much]

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 11:05 AM
link   
ok...continuing on with what you replied to me Excitable Boy...(I ran out of room, imagine that!?
)

a·the·ist
n.
One who disbelieves or denies the existence of God or gods.

Many so-called "Pagans" believe or believed in many gods. According to Webster's, they are not atheists. Very interesting! Also Jesus and Atheism have nothing to do with each other!

Not really that interesting, it is just a point of fact. Pagans obviously aren't athiest as they worship a god, gods, higher powers etc. I never said a Pagan was an athiest.

I also never said anything about Jesus and atheism having anything to do with each other, so I'm not sure what you were trying to imply there.

Anyway, are you Pagan? Remember I never said you were an athiest, not directly, or by calling you a pagan, and refering to pagans as athiests... but you keep making all these seemingly logical arguements based on these types of false accusation or implications.

Perhaps you are not talking to me, that must be it. Otherwise it makes no sense to me.

I'm misguided? How so?

Did I say you were misguided? No. Oh wait, I did however speak of some people being hyppocritical enough to be as misguided as those they accuse of being misguided. Well, I didn't call you misguided, but if you feel you indentify with it through that definition, you can claim it if you'd like.

I have a few more comments to make, but it was when you were speaking to others and not to me, so I will do it in another post for some clarification of that.

Thanks.

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Please..please ..please ..try thinking not emoting. Muse..do not Amuse...

Christians are to think of the Lord and practice Faith when they are working..no matter what ...gleaning thier fields...at Rest...to consider the Word and all it entails..not when it is convenient.
This means in Sports also. A Christian steeped in the Faith knows this.

With every post ..you tell on yourself.

Sports are not just the Glorifying of humans for humans and by humans...God is not removed from sports. Christians know this.

Sorry Excitable boy...you too should know this unless you are not a Christian but present the "appearence " of Christianity ..as did the PHarisees put on the appearence of the Law of Moses but in Truth ..practiced something else..called the traditions of men.
This becomes clear with every post you make. God is not removed from sports.

No Fear...no wisdom...no God. No Godly Wisdom. Wisdom is also one of the names for God...among many names. You should know this too.

Also one more important thing to know...about Wisdom/God...God declared that he would preserve His Word. You claim it cannot be preserved...or is not preserved.
You have a problem now...you cannot quote from any Word..or claim out of context since to you they are all from men. All you have is the traditions of men. and we are told what that is and the source of these traditions.

Please think when you post. Watch the emoting carefully. There are people out here other than myself who can see this clearly.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Well done olde man..well done..and on point . Well said.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 11:37 AM
link   

we are born with dead spirits? That makes absolutely no sense at all. We didn't inherit any sin disease. If this is your belief, fine....but don't preach it like it's some kind of fact...because it most certainly isn't!

Umm...pot meet kettle.
Oh wait, I think I already made that introduction in my other post.
(smile Boy, life is too short to take offense EVERYWHERE)

See, this is where I both agree and disagree with you Excitable Boy. It does and doesn't make sense...I mean, I can understand the idea, concept, philosophy, belief of it, etc even if it doesn't ring true to me. Surely you can do the same even if you don't believe it also?

But what I want to point out is not who I think is wrong or right there, but that this is where you, Excitable Boy, exemplify the "holier than thou" attitude you chastize others and you attack them for! Here, in the example above you fault them for the simplicity that they proclaim their own beliefs as if it were like some kind of fact... all because you believe the fact is you are sure they are wrong and you right! See?

This hyppocritcal thinking, and action, makes your reasoning that it is OK for you to proclaim your beliefs as fact (that others are certainly wrong in their beliefs and their beliefs are certainly not fact) but no one else is allowed the same general courtesy in their expressions of their beliefs/faith.

You state "We didn't inherit any sin disease." and state it as if it were a fact and continue with "...don't preach it like it is some kind of fact" and even add the more hypocrittical "...because it most certainly isn't!" As if if the contrary, your belief is indeed certainly is a fact! When in fact, it is only your belief spoken as fact!

I am not saying you are not entitled to your beliefs, nor that you are not entitled to state them as you have, as facts in the context of how you believe. All I am asking that you have enough tolerance to afford others the same courtesy...to simply allow them the freedom to speak within the context of their beliefs, what they believe to be true and factual. You do not have to believe it, but if you are going to want to debate it, at least play by your own rules.

Now, FTR, on this particular subject, I personally do not believe we are born into sin but are born innocent. I do not believe in "original" or "inherited" sin, but believe we are born mortal, and thus have temptations of the flesh which is to sin, and being imperfect we all will sin and fall prey to sin, and to sin is to become dead spiritually, because sin seperates one from God spiritually, and without God there is no true life for the spirit...but I do not believce we are born spiritually dead, spiritually stillborn or something. No, not me. Just to give my .02 on that.

I have a question: Why do you born agains have 2 Gods? I have one higher power in my life and I choose to call him God. There isn't a second God named Jesus.
Well, I can't speak for the "born agains" in general, but I do believe in one God myself, not two. I can tell you most believe in a trinity, meaning God the father, God the son, and God the holy ghost are all one being and he just chooses different forms at different times to present himself to us...so whether they pray to the father or call on Jesus himself, they are beliving it is the same God, one in the same.

For me The word "God" is a name for the organization of the existential origin of our higher power, which consists of 3 entities, namely our Father in Heaven, who is the father of all mankind spiritually, His Son, Jesus Christ, that is his son of spirit as we all are, and also who is His son in the flesh, as the only begotten son of the Father in Heaven, and in the Holy Spirit which is the omnipresent spirit of God that dwells within us all if invited, and strives with us all-invited or not! I believe in One God-the only God, the Almighty God, and that is how I believe in Him-not as one being person known in many ways, but 3 beings, one in purpose, known as one "God."

My spirit isn't dead pal. I have faith and I have serenity without having to succumb to your egocentric nonsense!

Excitable boy, where is your serenity when faced with other's beliefs? I am serious. I do get irritated myself quite honestly with the audacity of some that try to tell me emphatically that if I don't speak in tongues I've never received the Holy Spirit or I'll burn in hell for some reason-because it's so perposterous to me!

I will discuss things with them to an extent, but if they are too ignorant, or disrespectful of me and my beliefs I have to let it go, but I do allow them to believe what they do and express it, and I don't get too worked up about it because my sense of peace in what I do believe, not what I have to prove to others...about my beliefs being right or theirs being wrong, you know?

But trust me, I do understand your irritation there, I hate when someone preaches their religious view to me without tolerance to even understand mine, but you really shouldn't let it get to you.

...and don't always assume because someone is expressing their beliefs they are preaching to you. Don't look for offense.

I am preaching to you, but not about God or religion! I am just preaching about basic tolerance and respecting others-even if they don't respect you. You know? If you want to take offense with that as well, it's your perogative, but I've tried to make you know it's not my intention-to offend.

How you respond to me will tell me more about you-if you are a typical ignorant run of the mill Christian basher, or just someone letting off some steam when they've had enough from a particular few-so far, you seem to want to take every one on and discredit them, offend, or take offense. Pity.

[edit on 22-5-2006 by think2much]

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by orangetom1999
Well done olde man..well done..and on point . Well said.

Why thanks orangetom-long time no see old man.

By the way, I see that I do see where you are going most of the time still. You are always an interesting read and I often get food for thought from you.

I don't think you are one of those holy rolling evangelical save the world holier than thou born again types Excitable Boy hates so much, but because you have different beliefs than the mainstream, and its hard for everyone to always understand you, or your tone, or where you are really coming from.

He is likely going to take exception to everything you say anyway, not limiting Excitable Boy in learning to be more tolerant, just not seeing it happen with you any time too soon.

good to see you!

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Now, you are not speaking to me here, but in reading these statelments by you I do question what you believe and seek clarification if you don't mind.

WE ALL GET SAVED.

Really? We ALL get saved. Do we? Saved from what Excitable Boy?

I know you do not believe we are born into sin, but I take it you do believe in sin then...or what? What are you saved from? And by what/whom? What are we all saved from and how?

Get over your bad self. You and your kind aren't the only ones going to heaven....honestly, what makes YOU and your kind so special??

You mention "heaven" here as well implying you believe you and others not just born again Christians go to heaven too...so you believe in heaven, do you believe in hell then as well? Who goes to hell? Why? Or who does not go to heaven? Why? Where do they go? Or do we all go to heaven because we are all saved...then just back to my original question of saved from what? How and why?

Will you do me the favor and expound a bit on what you believe so I can understand you better .I don't want to twist your words or assume too much, as I feel you did with me and my words,so I'll just respectfully ask, K? I see contradictaions that are confusing like the above quote now referenced with the below quote.

I don't need to be saved. This is where your egocentrism is running wild.

Wait...um...I thought we were all saved. No more emphatically "WE ARE ALL SAVED."

hmmm.....which is it you believe...we are all asaved or we don't need to be saved. Or is it you don't need to be saved because we are already all saved...again, from what and how?

...and you accuse other's of their egotism running wild? Boy, you are the one running wild around here!

I don't want to be converted...therefore, I won't be. What is there to convert? I have God in my life...what else do I need?

Um, since you're asking, I'll put in my 2 cents and say tolerance....and much more of that serenity you say you have from your belief of God.

Besides I believe only God can convert to God, man can only convert to the beliefs of man... to be wholly converted to God, by God, you need to be humble though.

Got humility?

yeah play on words, like "got Milk" same as what orangetom was trying to convey in a way about "No fear" we all know that "No fear" as a saying is about sports-and extreme ones at that, or originated as such as a pop-culture saying... but it is also a known gnostic worldly doctrine, to fear nothing, no accountability, to rely on your wit and the wisdom of man, etc and thus "No Fear" has taken on a much wider meaning to extend to having no fear in your life-be a real man-govern yourself and have to answer to no one and have...no fear.

Same as say "Just do it" was Nike's saying about sports...but pop-culture gives it many more meanings...just do anything you want...and just do it-often about sex even and there is an underlying philosophy behind both "No fear" and "Just do it" do anything you want in life and don't fear consequences.

Thats what orangetom was trying to point out. He's not some ancient idiot so out of touch with the world that doesn't know the pop-culture meaning of those slogan words...and I don't think you Excitable Boy are so closed minded to not understand what orangetom -or I in my posts have been saying. I believe you just like to ridicule, misunderstand and even twist words when needed to have an opponent where there not always is one.

OK, I think I'm done.

take care,
T2M

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 01:12 PM
link   

I don't fear God and don't believe anyone should. I don't care what the bible says. The bible was written by mortal men for questionable reasons.

What does fear God mean? Well, when I was a little girl, I did a lot of stuff I shouldn't have. I quickly learned to FEAR my parents. Does that mean that I didn't love them? Of course not! It meant that as much as I loved my parents, I also had a healthy fear of them.

A good parent will discipline their children. Mine sure did. I knew that each time I had a choice of doing something wrong, I stood the chance of paying the consequences. I loved my parents dearly and miss them tremendously.

I also love my heavenly parent (God) and some things I do out of love for Him. There are things that I don't do out of love, but there are also things that I don't do because I don't want to face the consequences.

Fear God does not mean that we are afraid of God. It means that we stop and think before we do or say something contrary to His teachings. This is the begining of wisdom.

Wisdom comes from experience. Experience comes from poor choices. That is the world's mantra. God says fearing Him is the begining of wisdom. I like God's way better. Less mess to cleanup afterward.

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 01:19 PM
link   
THere is a series of passages in the New Testament about being dead and even being born...or reborn again.

They concern a disobedient son..who squandered his inheritance on what is called riotious living. After living for some time in the hog wallow when his inheritance ran out ..he decides to return to his fathers house as a servant since the servants live better than the hog wallow.

From afar off the father sees him and is overjoyed to see his son. Grabbing him and hugging his son on his return the son says. I have been disobedient ..make me as a servant.

The father cannot do that ..he is his son..a disobedient son but he still has a love and hope for his son.

The father says..My son which was dead is alive.. The son had been dead to the father. But now he is back and alive.

IN like manner when we are in the flesh we are dead to God....we are reborn in His image when we have the new birth..when God for his purposes plucks us out of the hogwallow. We no longer rejoice to be out in this world among the hogwallow and call it greatness. For we know the world..the hogwallow is in fact death.

This is reborn..reborn in a new spirit..

When you learn to see the spiritual side of this Excitable boy..you will understand Life...and death in this manner. You will also understand that Life is one of the names among many for Jesus The Christ for Remission of Sins.

All well grounded parents have a love and hope for thier children..beyond just the flesh and comforts of life. They want the knowlege and Surety that they will survive and gain the strength it takes to make it in this world and the next when they the parents are returned to the dust and the FAther.
In like manner this is the hope and relationship of our Father in Heaven for us. Hope..another of His Names. Grace is another...to go along with Hope and Faith. This Surety is why we are to know His Word and test all things by it..including each other.

Thanks to all,
Orangetom

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 04:08 PM
link   

I am preaching to you, but not about God or religion! I am just preaching about basic tolerance and respecting others-even if they don't respect you. You know? If you want to take offense with that as well, it's your perogative, but I've tried to make you know it's not my intention-to offend.

Point taken. I don't take offense to anything that has gone on here and I don't feel that I have been offensive toward anyone. I find some beliefs questionable as some of mine can certainly be thought of as questionable.

Really? We ALL get saved. Do we? Saved from what Excitable Boy?

I use your term here: "saved." I simply mean we all go to the same place when we die....heaven, the after life, a different place...whatever you want to call it. I also believe some stay there and some return to earth. I don't believe that certain Christians have privelege over others when it comes to having a place in the after life.

In simple terms: God made us mortal and allows us to be so. I don't believe he wants us going around kissing his behind or the behind of the supposed Messiah in order to have eternal life.....that to me is just plain silly!

You mention "heaven" here as well implying you believe you and others not just born again Christians go to heaven too...so you believe in heaven, do you believe in hell then as well?

Yes....I believe in life after death...heaven is a word given to it. I do not believe in hell.

Wait...um...I thought we were all saved. No more emphatically "WE ARE ALL SAVED."

hmmm.....which is it you believe...we are all asaved or we don't need to be saved. Or is it you don't need to be saved because we are already all saved...again, from what and how?

It's exactly what I said...I don't need to be saved..meaning I don't need a bible thumper to teach me or show me the correct path to the after life. IMHO, I believe we all go to the same place. You call it being saved. Why argue semantics?

Same as say "Just do it" was Nike's saying about sports...but pop-culture gives it many more meanings...just do anything you want...and just do it-often about sex even and there is an underlying philosophy behind both "No fear" and "Just do it" do anything you want in life and don't fear consequences.

It takes some bizarre thinking to read something sinister in "No Fear" and "Just Do It." Sorry. It is crazed, bible thumpers that see something wrong with those expressions. That would be like saying the expression "Got Milk?" has some kind of sexual meaning regarding breasts - that the Dairy Association is using sex to sell milk.

No Fear again comes from extreme sports. It has NOTHING to do with religion. NOTHING! But, I suppose you can turn it into whatever you want to help brainwash other bible thumpers.

Just Do It....means get off your butt and work out. People are very lazy and Nike wants them to work out for two reasons: For their health and also so they buy Nike products to workout with. Again, NOTHING to do with religion. NOTHING!!

Pop culture does not give these expressions many more meanings, bible thumpers do.

When you learn to see the spiritual side of this Excitable boy..you will understand Life...and death in this manner. You will also understand that Life is one of the names among many for Jesus The Christ for Remission of Sins.

Don't kid yourself. I already understand life and death. I know what is spiritual and what pretends to be spiritual. I know what is ridiculous and what makes sense. Good luck with your pigeon hunt!

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 05:48 PM
link   

I don't believe that certain Christians have privelege over others when it comes to having a place in the after life.

Everyone who is a christian, and a christian is someone who has placed their faith,( an on purpose decision) in the atoning sacrifice of Jesus Christ for their sin. Anyone who has done this is saved and will enter eternal life with God. Some christians will have more responsibilities in eternity, but all christians enter eternity with God.

And there is only one kind of christian, one who has been born again.

[edit on 22-5-2006 by dbrandt]

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Some christians will have more responsibilities in eternity, but all christians enter eternity with God.

What about Jews, Muslims, Buddhists, etc. etc. Are they all damned to hell? I believe in God but am not a Christian...am I not "entitled" to a place in the after life? Must I accept Jesus as my savior in order to have the "privilege" of a place in the after life?

Thank you for giving us another example of why I started this thread!

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 06:40 PM
link   

What about Jews, Muslims, Buddhists, etc. etc. Are they all damned to hell? I believe in God but am not a Christian...am I not "entitled" to a place in the after life? Must I accept Jesus as my savior in order to have the "privilege" of a place in the after life?

Non christians have a place in the after life. They are not annihilated and cease to exist. That afterlife will consist of a seperation from God.

You accept what Christ has done because you have come to the point of realizing the sin in your life is a big offense to God. You know longer want there to be this seperation between the 2 of you. You want it gone and they only way to get rid of it is to give it to Jesus. In return your sins are removed and you are given Jesus righteousness.

Lets say you had a 1966 rusted out Chevy that was always breaking down and making you late for work. Your boss is upset because of the showing up for work late problems. You can only be late 12 times and this is the 11th time. Show up late again and your fired. You need the problem solved but guess what you have no money for a reliable car. The boss's son overhears the conversation and because He has compassion for you He waits for you outside of the office that day when work is done. He tells you He wants to make a trade. He will give you His brand new Cadillac with 26 miles on it and He'll take your '66 Chevy. He also knows money is tight so He goes beyond the trade and says He'll keep up the insurance and fill upthe gas tank twice a week for you. Absolutely no strings attached. Would you accept the trade?.................. It's your choice to accept or reject the offer.

God offers that chevy for a Cadillac trade to everyone. If anyone refuses it's their fault if they are late for work again and their choice.

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Must I accept Jesus as my savior in order to have the "privilege" of a place in the after life?

I would never tell you what your place in the after life is. As a Christian, I tend to go to Jesus's words. Jesus said:

Matthew 10:
32 Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven.
33 But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.

John 14:
1 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.
6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

I do not know what my place is in the after life. I only know where it is.

2 Timothy 1:
12 nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Gensis wherver:
God created everything in 6 days and then he chilled out a bit. And then people did stupid things and were instantly banned to Hell unless they proved otherwise.

It's all about what you choose to interpret. Some people think God created it in 6 days, some people say it's meant to mean something else. Leave Excitable_boy with his interpretation, yours is no better, nor more right.

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 04:01 PM
link   

God offers that chevy for a Cadillac trade to everyone. If anyone refuses it's their fault if they are late for work again and their choice.

The analogy doesn't work. Religion isn't as cut and dry as a broken down car. Christians don't have privilege over others regarding the after life. They just seem to believe they do and want the world to believe they do. It's egoocentric nonsense.

You are saying with your analogy that Jews, Muslims, Buddhists,,,etc. are all driving around in junks and if they accept Christ as thier savior then they will receive a new Cadillac. In other words, they are on the wrong path and if they choose the right one, they will have all their problems solved. WRONG!! This is the privilege I am talking about in this thread that you all (Christians...born again or otherwise) DO NOT HAVE!!

But make sure you get OnStar in the Caddy...maybe you can set it to give you directions down the right path.....the path where all people are mortal human beings and can choose whatever faith and belief they want! That's what God wants...not one religion claming privilege over another. Not one religion attempting to convert everyone to their belief.

Just BE. Let Go! Let God! You all are fanatics. God likes fans, not fanatics!!

Peace and tranquility to all!!

[edit on 23-5-2006 by Excitable_Boy]

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 04:47 PM
link   

You are saying with your analogy that Jews, Muslims, Buddhists,,,etc. are all driving around in junks and if they accept Christ as thier savior then they will receive a new Cadillac. In other words, they are on the wrong path and if they choose the right one, they will have all their problems solved.

Why do you have all this anger. Everyone is free to choose whatever path they want. The Bible clearly says without receiving Christ as Savior that a person is lost. That's not my rule that's God's.

If that upsets you go and create your own universe and make up all the guidelines that will govern that universe.

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Why do you have all this anger. Everyone is free to choose whatever path they want. The Bible clearly says without receiving Christ as Savior that a person is lost. That's not my rule that's God's.

If that upsets you go and create your own universe and make up all the guidelines that will govern that universe.

I have no anger. The Bible is not the truth....and THE BIBLE WAS WRITTEN BY MEN, NOT BY GOD!! Accepting Christ as savior is a Christian rule...not God's rule. Don't confuse God with Christians.

What you say doesn't upset me...it amuses me. It's utter nonsense.

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Accepting Christ as savior is a Christian rule...not God's rule.

Acts 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join