It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians claim privilege over others

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Surley you mean the Lord Jesus the Christ for Remission of Sins when you say Peace. For that is one of His many names....Peace.

No Tom....I mean peace, as in, tranquility...serenity....You already know that, but insist on playing your childish games. Why don't you talk about my technique now. *yawn*

So now we need to sit and think.

A. These people of the crusades didn't read the Bible to know what Jesus said. And if that's the case they are probably wrong about how salvation works.
Were they really christains?

B. They knew what the Bible said but didn't take it serious, which means they wanted to do things their way, which means they weren't listening to God.
Were they really christians?

C. They weren't really christians.

Then by your definition here dbrandt...there are no Christians on the planet...because it's obvious that none of you have a clue what it is all about.

in your A., you say that "they are probably wrong about how salvation works"....well, who's to say you are right?

Try this:

D. They did exactly what was taught in the Old Testament.

There are some physical diseases that people are born with that show up after the person has reached a certain age. The disease was there all along, dormant if you will, and then the symptons appear.

Sin is like that, we are all born with a sin nature, while the symptons haven't shown up, with age they will.

Comparing sin to a disease or diseases. That is good. More Christian gibberish. There is no sin nature....Maybe for you there is, but don't speak for the rest of the humans on the planet.

All this talk about sin nature from you and Tom makes me wonder what you guys have in your closets!!

[edit on 26-6-2006 by Excitable_Boy]

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Excitable_Boy
Born again Christians, especially, seem to have a "Holier than though" mentality, which can be seen quite regularly right here on this site. And of course, they all feel that they are the only ones good enough to get into heaven, and everyone else is going to hell.
Sorry, I don't buy that egocentricity.

Cultural privileges for Christianity come up when Christians insist that their religion deserves special recognition, extra deference, and more respect. Sometimes, Christians act as though other religions are inferior and don’t merit equal consideration. Examples of this include the claim that only “Merry Christmas” is acceptable while “Happy Holidays” is not, or the idea that Christian holidays, but not non-Christian ones, can be recognized as government holidays.

source: atheism.about.com...

I have never seen in my life one religion that insists so adamantly that they know everything and that they are the only ones that will be "Saved." If Jesus were alive today, he would want to know what the hell all these born agains are doing and wonder who the hell they think they are. They all act like mini-Messiahs...or, in other words, false prophets!

A common defense of Christian privilege is the idea that Christians are a majority, and in a democracy, the majority rules. If Christians want to shape legal, political, and cultural institutions to express their religious values and to privilege both Christianity, that’s what being a Christian Nation is all about. In a liberal democracy, however, the rights and equality of all are protected. Christians can no more vote to privilege Christianity than whites can vote to privilege their race.

What is a "Christian Nation" anyway? What happened to separation of church and state?

What is it about some people that they have such a pressing psychological need to feel superior to someone — anyone — in society? There are men who need women to be inferior, Christians who need non-Christians to be inferior, religious believers who need nonbelievers and atheists to be inferior, citizens who need foreigners to be inferior, and heterosexuals who need gays to be inferior. Why can’t those who are different be equal in their differences?

This is a great paragraph. What is the character flaw that makes these people (born agains) need to feel superior to anyone with a different belief? What makes born agains any better than members of White Supremist organizations?

I love how some people are so good at Posting this STUFF .... I give you two thumbs up ... Now as for .... Christians thinking that they are self righteous ... and all ... If they do they are lost ...

Just thought I would post a pic of one of my good friends she is ... Bi ... But ... this guy had No Clue .... Was very Funny I thought ...
:bash:

[edit on 26-6-2006 by Deus_Brandon]FUNNY PIC !

[edit on 26-6-2006 by Deus_Brandon]

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Way to be on topic there deus....thanks for joining the debate....it has been a pleasure, no? Tom probably enjoys your technique....he enjoys good technique!!

Was there a point you wanted to make or did you just need an excuse to post a pic of your bisexual friend?

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbrandt

This is one of the major excuses non believers use for denying christianity.

You do realize that when the guards were coming to get Jesus and eventually crucify Him, Peter pulled out a sword and attacked a man with them. Jesus told Peter to, "Knock it off, that is not how my kingdom is going to come". It wasn't going to come through violence. He then healed the man.

Now fast forward several centuries and we see "christians" riding horses killing those opposed to Jesus. We already know from the Bible that Jesus said, "Nope, not the way it's gonna happen".

So now we need to sit and think.

A. These people of the crusades didn't read the Bible to know what Jesus said. And if that's the case they are probably wrong about how salvation works.
Were they really christains?

B. They knew what the Bible said but didn't take it serious, which means they wanted to do things their way, which means they weren't listening to God.
Were they really christians?

C. They weren't really christians.

When I originally mentioned about many christians enjoy putting out excuses, this would also be included in that list. I find it very convenient for you, or anyone for that matter to determine who is, and who isn't christian. Perhaps they had a different interpretation of God's will, maybe one more accurate and literate in terms of biblical references... And I'm sure if you've read the bible you would see that God supported warfare in efforts to promote his -holy agenda- so to speak. Again, simply because someone says they were not christian does not give them the authority to to say so over those individuals in the crusades or the holocaust or whatever. They said they were Christians and there is no other way for me to see them as, then by what they refer to as themselves. At least from a non-believers stand point, this is my conclusion.

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I denounce religion like I denounce pop-up adds.

They claim they have what you need...

They are annoying as heck...

They get in the way of progress...

And they are all full of ****.

That is of course my personal opinion.

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by laiguana
They said they were Christians and there is no other way for me to see them as, then by what they refer to as themselves.

Matthew 7:[15] Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
[16] Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
[17] Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
[18] A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
[19] Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
[20] Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.
[21] Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
[22] Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
[23] And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Matthew 7:[15] Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
[16] Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
[17] Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
[18] A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
[19] Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
[21] Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
[22] Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
[23] And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

With all the vast wisdom of the Bible dbrandt, you couldn't even find passages that fit the discussion? Laiguana said if they called themselves Christians, they were Christians. What the hell does that have to do with these passages from Matthew? What does a false prophet have to do with someone who simply says they are a Christian? Is every Christian now a prophet? Because if so, there are an awful lot of false prophets out there then, including yourself and Tom!!

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Way to be on topic there deus....thanks for joining the debate....it has been a pleasure, no? Tom probably enjoys your technique....he enjoys good technique!!

Was there a point you wanted to make or did you just need an excuse to post a pic of your bisexual friend?

My point is that the chick in that picture is a born again christian as well as I am ... and I am not belittling anyone ... But I think you were trying to maybe get a rise outta someone on this web site. because some new believers feel as if they have to tear the world down for jesus. Because they most likely had been tearing the world down for satan ... in thier eyes .. They are just on fire ... and may end up hurting more than they help. But it is the thought that counts. And we aren't judeged by man ... and a man should not let another man hurt his feelings ... If his heart is right ... It will not be ... =-) .. Anyways .. you would not understand your heart has been hurt many times over ... So ... This is the way your head works now ... =-) .. Sorry bout your experiences ..

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 12:25 PM
link   

With all the vast wisdom of the Bible dbrandt, you couldn't even find passages that fit the discussion? Laiguana said if they called themselves Christians, they were Christians. What the hell does that have to do with these passages from Matthew? What does a false prophet have to do with someone who simply says they are a Christian? Is every Christian now a prophet? Because if so, there are an awful lot of false prophets out there then, including yourself and Tom!!

Someone would give you a perfect explanation and you would tear it down. Think what you wanna think ... Nothing is goign to please you ... but whenever you finally figure out what you are looking for is not in the world. If that ever happens and it may not ... You may find all the pleasures of life ... sex, alchohol , drugs in general. Or simple things such as Gluttony, Lies(you know the little white ones), adultry , and Swearing ... but one day ... The cool feeling that you started having some tiem in junior High or High school is going to get old and you are going to want somethign True .. Such as some of my TRUE friends ... that are only my Brothers/Sisters in Christ ... Luv ya bro .. Hope all goes well for ya ... ... hope you find what you are looking for ...

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Someone would give you a perfect explanation and you would tear it down. Think what you wanna think ... Nothing is goign to please you ... but whenever you finally figure out what you are looking for is not in the world. If that ever happens and it may not ... You may find all the pleasures of life ... sex, alchohol , drugs in general. Or simple things such as Gluttony, Lies(you know the little white ones), adultry , and Swearing ... but one day ... The cool feeling that you started having some tiem in junior High or High school is going to get old and you are going to want somethign True .. Such as some of my TRUE friends ... that are only my Brothers/Sisters in Christ ... Luv ya bro .. Hope all goes well for ya ... ... hope you find what you are looking for ...

See..here you think you know me and you don't. I don't drink or do drugs. What does that even have to do with the discussion?? Honestly?

There is such a thing as pleasure in life without the need for drugs, alcohol, adultery, swearing, gluttony....I mean what are you talking about? If you feel these are the only things that can give a person pleasure...I feel sorry for you. I do have sex though, with my wife. Is that okay? And it is pleasurable..is that alright?

I love myself and my life. I have a lot of pleasure in my life and the pleasure has nothing to do with any sins whether the 7 deadly ones or otherwise. I have plenty of TRUE things in my life. I was also an athlete in school and didn't touch drugs then either. So honestly, what the hell are you talking about? You are talking to me like you know me and you don't know jack!!

I already figured it all out friend. I am quite happy today....I have character, morals and integrity. I have a loving wife and children in my life as well as great in-laws. I am quite comfortable in my faith and my belief in God and what life is all about. So, don't act like you know me friend...because again, you don't know jack!!

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I recognized all of this .. in your .. Signature ... you are the type of person who has never been out of control of thier life. But what you don't realize is one day whether it be now or later ... You will lose control of your life and there will be nothing physically nor mentally you can do to prepare for it ... .Whether it be your wonderful wife and the sex you have together .... or your in laws ... or your knees blowin out and you not be able to walk anymore or whatever it is ... but what you are lacking ... is the ability to know that Whenever you can't walk god will be there to carry you ... Some people call it there WILL .. or other people .. But really it is strength that comes from places that you didn't realize you had stregnth. ... Anyways I am not trying to argue with you ... and you seem to have your life together ... as I do not ... Would go into my problems with my life but we may need a whole new server to hold all the situations in my life. ... Just do this for yourself ... Don't ever count that X factor out of the equation ... Luv ya bro ... Have a good one ...

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 04:24 PM
link   
There are smart and dumb Christians just like there are smart and dumb anything else (Atheists, Muslims, ATS posters, whatever…etc).

I edited to be nice to the un-nice.

[edit on 27-6-2006 by Space]

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 04:26 PM
link   

I recognized all of this .. in your .. Signature ... you are the type of person who has never been out of control of thier life. But what you don't realize is one day whether it be now or later ... You will lose control of your life and there will be nothing physically nor mentally you can do to prepare for it ... .Whether it be your wonderful wife and the sex you have together .... or your in laws ... or your knees blowin out and you not be able to walk anymore or whatever it is ... but what you are lacking ... is the ability to know that Whenever you can't walk god will be there to carry you ... Some people call it there WILL .. or other people .. But really it is strength that comes from places that you didn't realize you had stregnth.

Again...talking to me like you think you know me. I have a brother who died of liver cancer. Horrible. Only 21 years old. Probably the worst type of cancer one can get. In the end all his blood vessels were bursting and he was covered head to toe with bruises. It took three years to completely do him in and he fought it hard....came home twice...but it had him good!

I don't know that God can carry me when I need Him? Who the frig are you to tell me this? Again, YOU DON'T KNOW ME!!

My father was in Vietnam and lost a leg there...almost lost both and almost lost his right arm. He was in the hospital for a long time. When he got out he was considered 100% disabled by the US Government and was given a full disability pension. He didn't sit on his ass like a lot of people would...he put himself through school and became an accountant. He died in 1996 of a massive heart attack....directly related to his war injuries...but as bad as he was hurt, they gave him a lot of years to live when he was practically dead (thinking about it that way is how I finally came to terms with it). My mother died a year later also of a heart attack......

I don't know pain? Who are you to tell me that? Again, you don't know me pal....so I wouldn't even try to label me again...because once again, you don't know jack!! I have dealt with plenty of pain, grief, abuse and hardship in my life and I have come through it fine. I am strong and love myself and have God in my life....I am doing quite well.

If I were you, I would stop worrying about me and start working on yourself!!

[edit on 27-6-2006 by Excitable_Boy]

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 06:52 PM
link   

With all the vast wisdom of the Bible dbrandt, you couldn't even find passages that fit the discussion? Laiguana said if they called themselves Christians, they were Christians.

If I went into my garage and called myself a car, would I be one?

The verses I mentioned show that there are those who think they are on God's side but are not. It also tells us you can tell a christian by their actions.

This goofy stuff about Hitler saying he was a christian, so that makes him one is ridiculous. Of course he wasn't a christian, you can tell by what he did that he wasn't.

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 06:59 PM
link   

If I went into my garage and called myself a car, would I be one?

The verses I mentioned show that there are those who think they are on God's side but are not. It also tells us you can tell a christian by their actions.

This goofy stuff about Hitler saying he was a christian, so that makes him one is ridiculous. Of course he wasn't a christian, you can tell by what he did that he wasn't.

A car is pretty cut and dry...a Christian is not. Cars don't have religious affiliations...at least none that I am aware of.

What is your definition of a Christian? What makes your's right and other's wrong? Why was Hitler not a Christian? If he thought he was a Christian, why was he not?

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 07:12 PM
link   

What is your definition of a Christian? What makes your's right and other's wrong? Why was Hitler not a Christian? If he thought he was a Christian, why was he not?

A christian is someone who has placed their faith in the completed work that Jesus Christ alone accomplished in His death, burial and resurrection for the forgiveness of their sin.

Hitler's actions prove he wasn't a christian. He said he was, and once again his actions didn't back it up. Reread those verses I put on. A good tree doesn't bear bad fruit and a bad tree doesn't bear good fruit. It's an analogy for a christians life.

Also not everyone who "claims" to be a christian is. Some know about Jesus, they read the Bible and know it front to back and back to front, but they have never come to Him to be forgiven of their sin.

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Also not everyone who "claims" to be a christian is. Some know about Jesus, they read the Bible and know it front to back and back to front, but they have never come to Him to be forgiven of their sin.

Maybe they have only one God in their life? Maybe they choose to discuss their sin(s) with God? Maybe they don't believe in more than one god? Maybe they are not Pagans?

How is a dead prophet who died almost 2000 years ago going to help anyone with their sin(s)?? Doesn't it make more sense to discuss one's sins with God? The one who always was, always is and always will be?? And I don't mean the disgusting god of the Old Testament that whoever wrote that garbage tries to pass off as the bible....I'm talking about the real God!! The one and only!!

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 08:57 PM
link   

How is a dead prophet who died almost 2000 years ago going to help anyone with their sin(s)?? Doesn't it make more sense to discuss one's sins with God? The one who always was, always is and always will be??

Yes, it does make sense to discuss your sins with God. Yes, the one Who WAS and Is and Is To Come. That's Jesus, the One who died so you don't have to. The One who was forsaken so you would never have to be. The One who is no longer dead.

[edit on 27-6-2006 by dbrandt]

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Yes, it does make sense to discuss your sins with God. Yes, the one Who WAS and Is and Is To Come. That's Jesus, the One who died so you don't have to. The One who was forsaken so you would never have to be. The One who is no longer dead.

The resurrection was made up. Made up by the authors of the New testament to form a new religion. They created the Messiah to suit their purposes. Jesus is not God....sorry.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 07:20 AM
link   
rooting 4u 'boy'...fighting those 'bible-bullies' [lol].....the way Jesus/Mary/Saints are presented can see why some get so turned off of the persons of Jesus/mary/saints.... been working at understanding for about 40 years and looked n been through alot of 'rides'...[guess, I've even been a 'bible-bully' at times]...well anyway, just going have 2 drop the MM Bomb, maybe it was with Marilyn Monroe but Mother Mary is going take the effects and show us-all who She really is and Who Jesus Christ Really Is and as Mother Mary always tells me [yeah she is there every morning/noon/nite n in between]...I'm going to Play Myself, baby, tired of the 'Babylonian Harlot' tittle being 'laid' on me by the ones who really into [are] the 'Mystery of Babylonian' and are the real Babylonian ones !

Now if we all can let the Divine Playwright Jesus write a nice conclusion to the getting 'trapped' in a thought of looking at things and groove with the Immaculate Mary we can go anywhere and make the 'repairs' that are needed...and as Mary always say's...I'm Immaculate, sin can't touch me n I got the Power to just change anything...and I'm waiting 4all of you, to get with me and change this thing into a groove for OUR GOD/Jesus...[do u have any idea as to the Infinite Number of worlds that He has]...so come n ride with the Empress/goddess of 'All Worlds' as we Love our Creator/Jesus and make more worlds for Him to Delight in [john 10:34]...

Ok, just had to put that in, rooting for u-all now, hope u can grasp it ! LOLove n Good Luck n Good Sex/Emotions/Passion.........into Everything...Ave Maria ! 4Maria [feel her baby]

[edit on 28-6-2006 by georgejohn]

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join