Christians claim privilege over others

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 07:29 PM
link   

We know reincarnation does not happen because we are told it doesn't. Hebrews 9:[27] And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment

Yes...afterwards is the judgement. What if it is judged that the soul must go back and live another life? What have you decided judgement is? "Men once to die".....then maybe the soul inhabits another human? These
"humans" live once....the soul lives on forever!!

Bye Bye!

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 07:20 AM
link   

So knowing this fact, we can look for what John 3:3 does mean. It means that people have dead spirits that need to be "born again" in order to live with God for forever.

Lastly...I don't believe a living person can have a dead spirit. I believe a dead spirit = a dead person. How can one live with a dead spirit? It makes no sense like much of your mumbo jumbo.....

"people have dead spirits that need to be 'born again' in order to live with God forever." This is, once again, your interpretation of what the words from that passage mean. It could mean many other things...and there are things that it could mean that certainly make a lot more sense!!

I'm growing weary of this nonsense.....

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Just a note to keep you in the debate and focused.

You posted:

"It makes no sense like much of your mumbo jumbo..... "

and also:

"I'm growing weary of this nonsense....."

Stay frosty here..you are here to show us where we are in error or incorrect.
Use intellect....mumbo jumbo is not it. You can do much better.

Also growing weary of this nonsense...shows weakness..stay frosty...stand up dont slump. You can do much better...and have...!!

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Excitable_Boy

How can one live with a dead spirit?
I'm growing weary of this nonsense.....

You shouldn't grow weary of this, as this concerns your eternal destiny(yes I already know you don't believe that).

People have a body soul and spirit. Our body is obvious, our soul is our mind, will, emotions, intellect, personality.

Our spirit is that part of us that is invisible which can relate to God. That is dead, meaning we aren't born desiring to know about God, or caring about having a relationship with Him.

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Stay frosty here..you are here to show us where we are in error or incorrect.
Use intellect....mumbo jumbo is not it. You can do much better.

Also growing weary of this nonsense...shows weakness..stay frosty...stand up dont slump. You can do much better...and have...!!

You amuse me Tom. I grow weary and you hope to keep me in the fray. That's cool I guess. You seem genuinely interested in the debate/argument. I enjoy a good argument.

I am not here to show anyone where they are in error or incorrect, however. I am here to express my beliefs/opinions...etc....everyone is free to do with them what they will....take what you want and leave the rest!!

You shouldn't grow weary of this, as this concerns your eternal destiny(yes I already know you don't believe that).

Our spirit is that part of us that is invisible which can relate to God. That is dead, meaning we aren't born desiring to know about God, or caring about having a relationship with Him.

dbrandt...another one here...plugging away. Our soul is never dead. Obviously we are not born desiring to know about God. Whether or not we desire to know God or not He is still in our lives and we still have a soul. The soul never dies....the body does. Souls aren't given out just to Born Again Christians!! You all do not have some sort of soul privilege....sorry!

[edit on 20-6-2006 by Excitable_Boy]

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Our soul is never dead. Obviously we are not born desiring to know about God. The soul never dies....the body does. Souls aren't given out just to Born Again Christians!! You all do not have some sort of soul privilege....sorry!

[edit on 20-6-2006 by Excitable_Boy]

I want to make sure we are on the same page. There is a difference between the soul and spirit of a person. They are interconnected. But they are 2 different things. The spirit is dead at birth.

You mentioned christians had a soul privilege. I didn't say that. Everyone has a body, soul, and spirit. The spirit, because of sin is dead, and needs a rebirth. The soul is affected by our spirit being dead and we don't know right from wrong, then we carryout those right and wrong actions through our body.

People interchange the words soul and spirit for the same thing. Technically they are 2 different parts of a person.

[edit on 20-6-2006 by dbrandt]

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 05:19 PM
link   

You mentioned christians had a soul privilege. I didn't say that. Everyone has a body, soul, and spirit. The spirit, because of sin is dead, and needs a rebirth. The soul is affected by our spirit being dead and we don't know right from wrong, then we carryout those right and wrong actions through our body.

More Christian gibberish. The spirit isn't dead and doesn't need a rebirth. Born Again Christians believe this to be true...but it is not. Talk of "rebirth" in the bible could easily mean reincarnation...it's all in the interpretation.

We don't know right from wrong? When? When we are born? What do we do wrong when we are born? What do we do wrong as infants? Poop in our pants?

Right and wrong actions are part of being human. The body is human. The soul is eternal.

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Zoooooommmmmm!!!! As usual you get the perspective wrong!! Over your head again.

You posted:

"We don't know right from wrong? When? When we are born? What do we do wrong when we are born? What do we do wrong as infants? Poop in our pants? "

This is like drama queen stuff Excitable Boy. No makeovers for you here!!

Two Simple questions...is the basic nature of men..good or bad????

Do we have to instruct our children on how to do bad..or evil..or do we have to instruct them on how to do good and what is right???

As usual you begin from a human standpoint without examining the basic nature of the person or the stuff ..the basic stuff from which we are made.

Your technique once again is how we substitute placebos for the real perspective on things. It is definitely humanism and the kind of stuff promoted in our public schools and colleges. I'm ok your ok!! THis is not about toilet training. You even skew the whole time table for your placebo.

Is the basic nature of men ...good or bad???

Do we have to instruct our children on how to do bad...or evil...or do we have to instruct them on how to do good or what is right in order to grow into good adults or people.

This ought to keep you going for another six or seven posts.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Is the basic nature of men ...good or bad???

Do we have to instruct our children on how to do bad...or evil...or do we have to instruct them on how to do good or what is right in order to grow into good adults or people.

This ought to keep you going for another six or seven posts.

Six or seven posts? Try one....

The basic nature of man is good. I don't care if you think otherwise. Do children need to be instructed as to what is good and bad or good and evil? Of course they do. They also need to learn how to walk, speak, wipe their own asses, read, write, tell time, tie their shoes, put on their clothes, etc. etc.....Children have to be taught EVERYTHING!!!!!!

Good and bad or good and evil isn't a spiritual thing...it's a human thing. Once we shed our human form and are no longer in need of it, there is no good and evil, no right and wrong, no black and white, no religions, etc.......one just IS!

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 09:19 PM
link   
you posted:

"Good and bad or good and evil isn't a spiritual thing...it's a human thing."

"The basic nature of man is good. I don't care if you think otherwise. Do children need to be instructed as to what is good and bad or good and evil? Of course they do."

This is deep..very deep thinking. Please continue.

I'm sure some of us will get it eventually!!! Its the hayseed in some of us.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 06:47 AM
link   

This is deep..very deep thinking. Please continue.

I'm sure some of us will get it eventually!!! Its the hayseed in some of us.

LMAO!! You wouldn't know a deep thought if it bit you on the behind! You do all your thinking in a box. Good luck with that...maybe you can snack on your hayseeds!!

I love arrogant prigs that have nothing to back it up.......

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 08:32 AM
link   
you posted;

"LMAO!! You wouldn't know a deep thought if it bit you on the behind! You do all your thinking in a box. Good luck with that...maybe you can snack on your hayseeds!!

I love arrogant prigs that have nothing to back it up....... "

This is a excellent debate technique. Do you learn this in public schools??

What was that you stated about privilege over others???

Well done..you will get many converts to your position with this technique. Notice how this board is full of your converts?? Keep up the good work.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Well done..you will get many converts to your position with this technique. Notice how this board is full of your converts?? Keep up the good work.

LMAO! I'm not looking for any converts Tom....as I've stated many times before. You are looking for converts....I am not like you. I have my beliefs and they are just that....mine. I could care less if anyone else believes them.

Converts? LMAO!! It's not all about converts TOM...at least not in my world!

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Oh yes..I agree...about converts. You have your views..yes agree again..and you make them very well in view of the things you claim of others.

Privelege.

You posted:
"LMAO!! You wouldn't know a deep thought if it bit you on the behind! You do all your thinking in a box. Good luck with that...maybe you can snack on your hayseeds!!

I love arrogant prigs that have nothing to back it up....... "

You have become the thing you dislike in others..and claim they speak from privilege. Well done Excitable Boy. Many of your posts have the same fingerprint. Well done. Please continue...you will impress many on these boards with this style/technique. Self promotion. The very fingerprint of your god. No problem here.
Very impressive technique!!!

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 12:02 PM
link   

You have become the thing you dislike in others..and claim they speak from privilege. Well done Excitable Boy. Many of your posts have the same fingerprint. Well done. Please continue...you will impress many on these boards with this style/technique. Self promotion. The very fingerprint of your god. No problem here.
Very impressive technique!!!

LMAO!! Technique? What is your technique Tom? I'm not looking to impress anyone.....what are you looking for? Maybe you need to get a life....

I love myself Tom...therefore, I am not the "thing I dislike in others"....nice try though. You can't do any better than this? Seriously? Post after post you say nothing of substance......zip!! You just mock me and try to belittle my words. Instead, why don't you try and impress with words of your own? Do you have anything of substance to add or are you only good at criticizing others?

This is your technique Tom:

Tom: "Oh yeah EB..well, you said this and that is stupid and shows what your god is like and what you're like. No one on here likes you because of it...nyah nyah nyah."

That's your technique Tom. Very mature...very scholarly...very well done. Is your only point to mock my thoughts? or do you actually have any thoughts of your own? ANY?? Why don't you dazzle me and the rest of this forum with some wonderful words of wisdom from that superior brain of yours?

*waiting*

[edit on 25-6-2006 by Excitable_Boy]

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 04:30 PM
link   
"Peace"

Surley you mean the Lord Jesus the Christ for Remission of Sins when you say Peace. For that is one of His many names....Peace.

Thanks,

Peace be with you..or ...The Lord Jesus the Christ for Remission of Sins be with you .

Orangetom

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I think christianity has changed quite a bit in the last few centuries, regardless of this, the past cannot be changed, and many died during the dark ages. Yes, I blame christianity, though I've heard countless excuses to make it appear that christianity wasn't at fault, well some of today's christians blame islam for a lot of things, even though many completley ignore what happened during the crusades or shift all responsibily on -satan- in a way excusing themselves of wrong deeds. Which is why I do not like this sort of mentality...I've also read the bible and it grosses me out, full of carnage, rape incest, and so on. Filthy thing. I'd never want my children to read it.

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by laiguana
what happened during the crusades

This is one of the major excuses non believers use for denying christianity.

You do realize that when the guards were coming to get Jesus and eventually crucify Him, Peter pulled out a sword and attacked a man with them. Jesus told Peter to, "Knock it off, that is not how my kingdom is going to come". It wasn't going to come through violence. He then healed the man.

Now fast forward several centuries and we see "christians" riding horses killing those opposed to Jesus. We already know from the Bible that Jesus said, "Nope, not the way it's gonna happen".

So now we need to sit and think.

A. These people of the crusades didn't read the Bible to know what Jesus said. And if that's the case they are probably wrong about how salvation works.
Were they really christains?

B. They knew what the Bible said but didn't take it serious, which means they wanted to do things their way, which means they weren't listening to God.
Were they really christians?

C. They weren't really christians.

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 10:32 PM
link   
So you also have figured it out as have I. Most today never think it through. I refer to believers as well as unbelievers. THey just go in reading the stock history and never thinking it through beyond what is shoveled out to pass as history. Yet it is right in front of them.

It makes it very ..very easy for many unbelievers to put them in a box...and they do...It silences so many because they cannot think it through.

No Christian Church has any such instruction to carry on so...Nicolaitianism. A clergy seperate from the Laity. All the political worldly carryings on to pass as a church..A Christian Church when they could be no such thing. Not possible...not the RCC...not the church founded by Henry the 8th...and other examples.

Many Churchs have also fallen by the wayside and gone back to the ways of the world. Many Churchs and Church members have left disobedient churchs and broken off to form their own churchs when they could no longer stand the disobedience to Gods Word. I did not know much about this till I read John Foxe and his "Book of Martyrs." Or the "Trail of Blood". These books list many of the churchs which through the centurys did not adhere to Rome and were persecuted for this or other nicolaitian practices and even among themselves they seperated when their churchs became corrupt.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 11:16 PM
link   

More Christian gibberish. What do we do wrong when we are born? What do we do wrong as infants?

Or christian truth. When we are born, we haven't done anything wrong.

There are some physical diseases that people are born with that show up after the person has reached a certain age. The disease was there all along, dormant if you will, and then the symptons appear.

Sin is like that, we are all born with a sin nature, while the symptons haven't shown up, with age they will.

I already know you don't believe it, but I am passing it along anyway.

new topics
top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join