It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians claim privilege over others

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Excitable_Boy

I am lumping Christianity with Christianity.

I'll repeat catholicism is not true christianity. They claim to be. They claim the name of Jesus. See Matthew 24:[4] And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.[5] For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

They have certain elements concerning God but not ones that make a difference.

Here is what christianity is. First of all it is an individual thing about that person being changed and being restored to God.

Each individual person is required to make a choice to reject Christ as Savior or not.

How does this happen? It happens by the work of the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit(who is God and who cannot be seen) is roaming the earth performing a work to get people's attention off of themselves and onto God. Today somewhere in the U.S. someone(whoi is not saved) has had a good day. Did they think about God, maybe, probably not though because their bills are paid and everything is running smooth. Tomorrow that will all change(this is only one exampole of what could happen), the will get some test results back from the Dr. and that Dr. will want them to come into the office. Right then and there in the pit of their stomach they will get an eerie feeling. And so it begins. Thoughts of something serious begin to creep in and suddenly life isn't as pleasant as it was the day before. Life, their actual physical existance begins to be thought about. It's a long day and long drive to the Dr.. They get there and the news is cancer. The drive home is even longer, but eternity, death and God all begin to be the consuming thoughts. Just like satan can influence our thoughts, guess what so does the Holy Spirit.

Let's say satan throws a thought into your head about killing someone who is your enemy. Probably 99.9999% of the people that thought comes to, reject the thought and don't do the action. Ok, now cancer has shown up, and the Holy Spirit is influencing your thoughts about a possible death and God and eternity and the seriousness of this and reminding you about that "nut" who told you about Jesus and eternal life through Christ no matter what. What do you do, reject those thoughts like you did the killing thought. Guess what that is your choice to reject those thoughts or accept them and do some investigating about Jesus, eternity, the afterlife.

So lets say you do some investigating Jesus. You find out that according to christianity you are seperated from God because of a different type of "cancer" called sin and you believe that. This is also has a death sentence. You go further and find out there is a cure for this sin. That cure says Jesus willingly came and took the punishment for your sin, place your faith in Jesus' work on the cross to satisfy the death sin brings, and a transference of sin for righteousness takes place. Jesus gets your sin and He gives you His righteousness. That is a mental decision that you are making.

Now this is very important. Your faith(which is an actual part that you have), which you cannot see is placed in someone, Jesus, for the forgiveness of sin. You are then forgiven and the Holy Spirit literally comes and indwells you. He brings your dead spirit back to life and He stays in you. Teaching you right from wrong encouraging you when things are rough convicting you of sin when you do it. This is how someone is changed because their faith is in JESUS and the Holy Spirit then changes you.

Your probably thinking I'm rambling but now comes the point. That is not what the catholic church teaches. Oh they come close, but even a half an inch misses a bullseye. They teach that the eucharist wafer is changed into the body of Christ then you ingest that and it will change you. Well first of all that wafer hasn't been changed into anything, it's still flour. So here you are eating this wafer that is supposed to change you once it's inside of you. So you wait and wait and wait and guess what, nothing happens, why, because flour can't change you except when it's in a donut and then it just makes more of you. So instead of placing your faith in Jesus you have placed it in flour. That means no forgiveness of sin, no Holy Spirit entering you to live with you as close as He possibly can. To teach you right from wrong. Nothing, your in the same condition as you were before.

There are many other things wrong with the catholic church that give people the wrong message. Infant baptism does not remove sin and that is extrememly dangerous also to believe that. Only faith in Christ work removes sin.

I am only typing this next part in bold so that you will get this. Whether you believe it or not, that's your choice. If you chose to not believe it, guess what, it's still true.

The catholic church is not christianity. For 1800 years or so we have been told it is. That's a lie.

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 07:29 AM
link   

The catholic church is not christianity. For 1800 years or so we have been told it is. That's a lie.

It's Christianity...just a different form...a different style. Who's to say ANY Christianity is right? What happened to God?

And quoting scripture does nothing. You can interpret what you are quoting to fit whatever you want....

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 07:38 PM
link   

I'll repeat catholicism is not true christianity. They claim to be. They claim the name of Jesus. See Matthew 24:[4] And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.[5] For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

dbrandt....here is your scripture...from Matthew. Now, this can be taken many ways, no? And your way..isn't the simplest. It appears that he is saying many people will pretend to be him, Jesus. It says nothing about Catholicism vs. other forms of Christianity....not a bit. It says many will come along and pretend to be the Messiah...

It says many will come to decieve the people...meaning, I would imagine, false prophets. Again...no mention of one form of Christianity vs. another. You have taken it upon yourself to decide that this quote means what you have decided it means.

Catholicism doesn't say "I am Christ." Catholic priests don't get up on the pulpet and proclaim "I am Christ"...so what are you talking about?

This quote could possibly mean different forms of religion will try to trick you...but you have to infer that...it doesn't say that. So again, your INTERPRETATION!!

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Doesnt the RCC Church teach that salvation can only be found through the Holy Mother Roman Church??? Anything else is heresy??

Would this not make the Roman Priest essential in salvation...meaning the priest can get you saved/remove sins...the priest is the Christ??? If the priest is busy you can always appeal to Mary??

Does anyone know how this works.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 11:13 AM
link   
NOw contrast my above post with this statement....

Excitable Boy posted:
"Catholicism doesn't say "I am Christ." Catholic priests don't get up on the pulpet and proclaim "I am Christ"...so what are you talking about? "

anyone catch the placebo...the tangent to deflect the shot from the center of the target??? The sugar pill to substitute.

What is that saying supposed to be in Latin on the Popes hat or throne.. "Vicarious deus dei"???
Translation please???

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Many verses from the Bible have more than one truth in them.

The command from Jesus to not be decieved because many will say they are Christ, certainly pertains to individuals claiming to be Jesus. It also pertains to false systems claiming to have the way of salvation.

Vicar A person acting in place of another with all of the orginal
individual's authority.In Romanism, it is the concept that a Pope has
Christ's full authority.

There are 2 or 3 titles given to the pope that indicate he is claiming to be more "Christ" than any human ought.

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 07:55 AM
link   

There are 2 or 3 titles given to the pope that indicate he is claiming to be more "Christ" than any human ought.

You mean like Tom does?

But seriously, the Pope is a dope! We all know that. Or Gordon Hinckley...the head of the Mormon religion.....another dope. Or any head of any religion. Or all your TV Evangelist types....Benny Hinn and the other clowns.

Give me any religion and I'll give you a leader that's a clown.....

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 02:46 PM
link   
You posted...

"Give me any religion and I'll give you a leader that's a clown..... "

Jesus the Christ for remission of sins.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 03:08 PM
link   

How about this leader

You posted...

"Give me any religion and I'll give you a leader that's a clown..... "

Jesus the Christ for remission of sins.

Jesus isn't the leader of any religion....neither is God. What exactly are you talking about? Do you know what you're talking about?

Jesus died hundreds of years before Christianity even began.....

[edit on 17-6-2006 by Excitable_Boy]

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Jesus died hundreds of years before Christianity even began.....

[edit on 17-6-2006 by Excitable_Boy]

No , Acts 11:26 And when he had found him, he brought him unto Antioch. And it came to pass, that a whole year they assembled themselves with the church, and taught much people. And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch.

And

Christianity is Jesus being the sacrifice for the remission of sin. This is found in Genensis. Genesis 3:[15] And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

So christianity was amystery hidden before Christ came but is not revealed after Christ has come.

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Christianity is Jesus being the sacrifice for the remission of sin. This is found in Genensis. Genesis 3:[15] And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

Ha? Genesis? Bruise thy head and bruise his heel?? What does that rubbish mean? This somehow pertains to Jesus not being the leader of anything? How?

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 08:36 PM
link   
You posted:

"Jesus isn't the leader of any religion....neither is God. What exactly are you talking about? Do you know what you're talking about?

Jesus died hundreds of years before Christianity even began..... "

I will be ...I will be...I will be.. I will be...I will be..five times it was said..

I will be the leader of my own religion....a demigod here on earth. I know better than God...

Well spoken excitable boy..please continue.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 08:42 AM
link   

I will be ...I will be...I will be.. I will be...I will be..five times it was said..

I will be the leader of my own religion....a demigod here on earth. I know better than God...

Well spoken excitable boy..please continue.

I didn't say "I will be" once. I don't believe in religion, therefore, I do not lead one. What are you babbling about? I don't know better than God. I do know God and have God in my life. You seem to think YOU know better than God Tom. You seem to speak for God. You are telling me what God wants as if you were He. God warned about false prophets in your handbook Tom...maybe you should practice what you preach. It's all or nothing Tom...no inbetweens.

I don't believe in religion Tom...can you get that through your thick skull? You can do better than this can't you?? This is weak......By far your weakest contribution to this thread!!

[edit on 18-6-2006 by Excitable_Boy]

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Ha? Genesis? Bruise thy head and bruise his heel?? What does that rubbish mean? This somehow pertains to Jesus not being the leader of anything? How?

I already know and have told you. You need to find out for yourself.

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 11:58 AM
link   

I already know and have told you. You need to find out for yourself.

I need to find out for myself? No. I already know all I need to know. I have God in my life. That is all I need. I don't need bible thumpers preaching to me about what is what and what "needs" to be.....If you all feel a need to do that then I believe there is something missing in your lives and that is what you should investigate....and work on!

Peace

And Tom...you said this. Why do you want to lead your own religion? Why do you want to be a demigod? You know better than God? Then you must BE God. Talk about a false prophet.

I'll pray for you Tom!!

Each individual person is required to make a choice to reject Christ as Savior or not.

And another fine quote from dbrandt. Each of us is REQUIRED to reject Christ as Savior or not? Required by who? When did such a requirement become part of life? I think most people can get through life without choosing either. REQUIREMENT? LMAO!!

We are all required to be human beings...that's it! That's what we have been given....by God.

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 02:25 PM
link   

No. I already know all I need to know.

I have God in my life. And another fine quote from dbrandt. Each of us is REQUIRED to reject Christ as Savior or not? Required by who? When did such a requirement become part of life?

It takes forever to learn all there is God has for us to know.

Jesus said it,
John 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 02:38 PM
link   
you stated:

"Peace "

You do know that Peace is one of the name for Jesus the Christ for remission of sins....do you not???? One of His names among many!!

Well stated!!

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Jesus said it,
John 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

and dbrandt....what have you and the rest of the Born Agains decided that this means? You see...to me, this could mean that Jesus believed in reincarnation and that a man must live more than one life before he can enter the kingdom of God.

But..because you Born Agains call yourselves Born Agains and because Jesus supposedly said, "Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God," you all have DECIDED that it means be Born Again Christians....that's fine I guess...because it fits the way you want it to fit.....

But...it sounds to me like Jesus (or whoever's words these are) is talking about REINCARNATION. Who is right? I'm sure Tom who feels he is as God will tell us the answer because he knows everything......

You do know that Peace is one of the name for Jesus the Christ for remission of sins....do you not???? One of His names among many!!

Well stated!!

and this lovely tidbit from Tom. Yes Tom, I knew it meant that. But obviously, this is not the way I was using it. You do understand that don't you Tom??

The english language is fascinating though, with words having more than one meaning...like, Tom for instance. It can be a man's name or (from Webster's):

tom
n.
The male of various animals, especially a male cat or turkey.

A male cat or turkey! Gobble gobble!!

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Peace...Prince of Peace..Salem..Shalom ...Peace. He is Peace..

It does not mean in this context an abscence of strife...but the name of a Person.

Peace be with you ..translates God or Jesus be with you ..not a abscence of strife in the human sense.

Another version of Peace woudl be Rest ..another of His names. In the context of Rest and Peace comes the word Salvation..another of His names.

The word Rest also means Sabbath... for He is the Sabbath..we rest in Him ...all day ..every day..24/7. Not in the worldly/human ..abscence of strife but in Him do we Rest.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Jesus said it,

and dbrandt....what have you and the rest of the Born Agains decided that this means? You see...to me, this could mean that Jesus believed in reincarnation and that a man must live more than one life before he can enter the kingdom of God.

I don't know if you read the Bible or not. But no one, not even a christian, can read it once and get all that God has to say to us in it. So continual daily reading is beneficiala and necessary.

We know reincarnation does not happen because we are told it doesn't. Hebrews 9:[27] And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment

So knowing this fact, we can look for what John 3:3 does mean. It means that people have dead spirits that need to be "born again" in order to live with God for forever.

That is done through the forgivenss of sin found in Jesus Christ.

And if I've never said this before, I only state what I know to help others. I don't feel that I'm better than anyone. I can't make you,or anyone come to Christ and I can't choose for you. I can only tell you what I know and believe and have been through.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join