It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia proposes plan for Iran!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Putin Expresses Hope Iran Will Accept Russian Proposal
By Lisa McAdams
Moscow
22 February 2006

McAdams report - Download 278k
Listen to McAdams report

www.voanews.com...

Vladimir Putin

Russian President Vladimir Putin says he is still hopeful a positive result can be reached with Iran concerning the international dispute over its nuclear program. Mr. Putin made the comment during a joint press conference in Azerbaijani's capital, Baku, Wednesday, where he completed two days of talks with President Ilham Aliyev.

President Putin had been expected to focus on energy issues during his two-day visit to Azerbaijan. But that issue got sidelined, amid the ongoing tension over whether Iran will accept a Russian compromise proposal designed to stave off threatened U.N. Security Council sanctions over its nuclear program.

President Putin admitted the plan, backed by the United States and Europe, has been a hard sell. But he says he still thinks Russia can broker a positive result, whereby Iran would accept the plan, which calls for Russia to enrich Tehran's uranium on its own soil to ensure that it is not diverted to make a nuclear weapon.

Impressive. I'm glad Russia is doing a lot of positive stuff. But in truth, I really don't think Iran is going to accept the proposal. I'm very sure there will be a war with Iran. And I'm sure if there is a war with Iran, it will be ugly. Peace out.

mod edit:
External tags
Quote Reference (review link)
Posting work written by others. **ALL MEMBERS READ** (review link)

[edit on 11-5-2006 by UK Wizard]

[edit on 12-5-2006 by UK Wizard]

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Let's all cross our fingers and hope he is successful. Would/Should America be prepared to pay for the Iranian uranium being enriched in Russia if it offers reasonable safeguard against it being diverted for military use AND prevents Iran from having an excuse for in-country enrichment facilities?

In fact, shouldn't America be prepared to sell Iran enriched uranium in a controlled manner just to buy peace?

[edit on 10-5-2006 by planeman]

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I seriously doubt this will yield anything.
Iran is bound and determined to get nuclear weapons IMO.
I don't think this is about nuclear energy.

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I totally agree. Iran would not make nuclear technology to make energy. They're doing so to make nukes. So if they are making nukes, why would they allow other countries to
only allow them to make nuclear energy? But then again, maybe Iran's president may accept the plan in fear of most of the world turning on him, hmm? I doubt so but it is possible. We never know.

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Russian soldier
I totally agree. Iran would not make nuclear technology to make energy. They're doing so to make nukes. So if they are making nukes, why would they allow other countries to
only allow them to make nuclear energy? But then again, maybe Iran's president may accept the plan in fear of most of the world turning on him, hmm? I doubt so but it is possible. We never know.

Russian soldier..Do you feel worried about Iran's nuclear ambitions?
What is the general perspective amongst the common people in Russia?
Are they worried too?
Or is there a general opinion amongst Russians that Iran should have nuclear tech?
How does the govt. feel?

planeman,
Iran would never except a deal which would involve supply of Uranium from the US.
They'd come up with a hundred reasons not to do so..

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Well Russia doesn't want Iran to get off the leash. They don't want any relations with a country that wants to nuke everyone(it isn't really trying to nuke everyone, but you get the point)because it will make Russia look bad The Russian people are not happy about this and some of them are even scared of nuclear war. I would assure all Russian people to stay calm and let the government take care of this. Anyway, why would Iran want to touch Russia? Its too early to panic but some people are. Just a few. People in all countries that get news panic a little, mostly because they don't know what's going to happen next. Currently Russia's government is being cool with Iran and is trying to strengthen relations, a good step

The only thing for us to do is sit and wait.
I'm here sitting in my chair, waiting to see what will happen next and watching Russian news. Hey! I'm going to be in the Russian army in one year!I'm waiting for that, too.

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Oh, I'm sorry I didn't answer your first question. How do I feel about Iran's nuclear ambitions? Well I feel Iran will go along and develop nukes. Will they use them? I'm not sure. Will US wage war with Iran?Probably. But like I said earlier, its too early to panic. (I actually don't panic because it makes me vulnerable and messes with my brain, but I can get worried) I'm not worried yet. Just have to sit and wait.

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 08:12 AM
link   
It seems that our goverment seeking to provoke US Russia Rejects US call to Halt Nuclear Plant Construction in Iran
Russia to Construct Nuclear Plant in Iran

[edit on 11-5-2006 by Russian Boy]

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Schaden
I seriously doubt this will yield anything.
Iran is bound and determined to get nuclear weapons IMO.
I don't think this is about nuclear energy.

Yes, and Bush wants war in order to remain a stable economy. Like he did with Iraq. After the invasion the oil trade of Iraq was changed from EUR to USD again.

Iran is going in the same direction, and Bush is determined to stop them from doing it.
I also wouldn't like to see Iran with nuclear power, but really that's again not Bush his main concern.

Do you remember Saddam's WMDs?

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Oh yeah...Saddam had all types of WMD...wait no? Couldn't find any of them?...what a mistery...maybe they won't find any nuclear weapons in Iran either...wonder where were the world would be if wars were waged just because someone INTENDED to get weapons...so nowadays you don't even need to have them, just because you WANT them, you'll get bombed...how swell...

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 05:27 PM
link   

It seems that our goverment seeking to provoke US Russia Rejects US call to Halt Nuclear Plant Construction in Iran
Russia to Construct Nuclear Plant in Iran
That's just messed up. Well after all that happened why should they be friends.

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ioseb_Jugashvili
Oh yeah...Saddam had all types of WMD...wait no? Couldn't find any of them?...what a mistery...maybe they won't find any nuclear weapons in Iran either...wonder where were the world would be if wars were waged just because someone INTENDED to get weapons...so nowadays you don't even need to have them, just because you WANT them, you'll get bombed...how swell...

Ioseb_Jugashvili, I find it quite dubious, if not ironic, that the Russians had a hand in Iraq's quest for nuclear weapons and biological/chemical developments and technologies and armament precurements, and yet, now the Russians have their hands in Iran's like programs and armament precurements.

Here's a thought, ask the Russians were Saddam's/Iraq's WMDs went?

As for foreign involvement in our programs, much of this can be attributed to the Russian Federation. Moscow directed many programs around the world, Iraq being one of them where chemical weapons and scientists were sent to further develop unconventional munitions. Contingency plans were developed though, in the event that the host nation was compromised, as in the case of the 2003 invasion of Iraq. Spetsnaz forces were sent to retrieve the munitions as well as any materials related to Russian involvement. These programs were designed to build stronger relations with countries that were discordant with the west.

WorldThreats

seekerof

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Russia may have helped Iraq with their WMDs, but the past is past. The cold war is over. A common war on terrorism unites old foes on a common enemy: terrorists. Russia's war on Chechya is not so different from Afghanistan. For now, Russia and US are together.

And if Iran decides to nuke the world, it will be called a big fat terrorist,too.(not its people, the Govnmt) and therefore an enemy to USA and Russia.

MAY THE RUSSIAN AND US SOLDIERS SET ASIDE THEIR DIFFERENCES AND PICK UP THEIR WEAPONS, AND FIGHT AN ENEMY THAT THREATENS, SIDE BY SIDE.

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I don't see a lot of evidence that U.S. / Russian relations will improve soon, if ever.

Even the existance of a common enemy, the Jihadists, hasn't altered the struggle for dominance in the former USSR sphere of influence or the desire for big-ticket nuclear subs and missles that can only be seen as part of the old arms race.

Didn't Putin, himself, allude to this only yesterday?

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Russia may have helped Iraq with their WMDs, but the past is past. The cold war is over. A common war on terrorism unites old foes on a common enemy: terrorists. Russia's war on Chechya is not so different from Afghanistan. For now, Russia and US are together.

And if Iran decides to nuke the world, it will be called a big fat terrorist,too.(not its people, the Govnmt) and therefore an enemy to USA and Russia.

MAY THE RUSSIAN AND US SOLDIERS SET ASIDE THEIR DIFFERENCES AND PICK UP THEIR WEAPONS, AND FIGHT AN ENEMY THAT THREATENS, SIDE BY SIDE.

What BS. The Russians helped Saddam escape during the war,helped with WMD's,invited hammas to moscow and what's next funding Al Quaeda. Russia and the US are still enemies. If russia helped withhiding their wmd's then that's important and could lead to serious consequences.

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I believe seekof has it "dialed in" with excellent "Kentucky windage".

Don't get me wrong I have both Russian and American friends and neighbours and all are good folks. That being said Russian assistance does turn up in the most sensitive of situations repeatedly. The overt Russian diplomatic actions are seen as "calmative" and welcome but like others I can't help but think they are best to help put out a fire that they had a hand in creating. Very slick covert positioning geopolitically.

Now America should not get off without some responsibilty for this situation either since much of the tech in situ since the seventies was western. Kissinger even got them their first research reactor.

Iranian people are OK by me too. But this President of theirs could get us all dead whether he means to or not. I welcome all diplomatic gestures that can bring peace. However if Iran is ever responsible for detonating a nuke in a strike outside their borders if I was the American President I'd say, "send the launch codes and authorization" and Iran would be gone and Armageddon would commence. Poof.

I want a peaceful way for people to co-exist and solve differences, but humans are not good at that right now. So please enjoy today cuz tomorrow might be a whole bunch worse.

Thanx eh,

Victor K.

[edit on 12-5-2006 by V Kaminski]

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by urmomma158

What BS. The Russians helped Saddam escape during the war,helped with WMD's,invited hammas to moscow and what's next funding Al Quaeda. Russia and the US are still enemies. If russia helped withhiding their wmd's then that's important and could lead to serious consequences.

What BS! I swear! Record what you just on tape, and listen to it! You'd be stunned if you heard yourself from a distance. Now What I said above I said it WOULD BE GOOD IF IT HAPPENED or MAY THE R...., not neccessarily happened. Doesn't mean its going to happen. AND THERE IS NO WAY RUSSIA WOULD SUPPORT AL QUAIDA OR HIDE SADDAM, YOU HEAR? NO WAY!!!!!!

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by V Kaminski
I believe seekof has it "dialed in" with excellent "Kentucky windage".

Don't get me wrong I have both Russian and American friends and neighbours and all are good folks. That being said Russian assistance does turn up in the most sensitive of situations repeatedly. The overt Russian diplomatic actions are seen as "calmative" and welcome but like others I can't help but think they are best to help put out a fire that they had a hand in creating. Very slick covert positioning geopolitically.

Now America should not get off without some responsibilty for this situation either since much of the tech in situ since the seventies was western. Kissinger even got them their first research reactor.

Iranian people are OK by me too. But this President of theirs could get us all dead whether he means to or not. I welcome all diplomatic gestures that can bring peace. However if Iran is ever responsible for detonating a nuke in a strike outside their borders if I was the American President I'd say, "send the launch codes and authorization" and Iran would be gone and Armageddon would commence. Poof.

I want a peaceful way for people to co-exist and solve differences, but humans are not good at that right now. So please enjoy today cuz tomorrow might be a whole bunch worse.

Thanx eh,

Victor K.

[edit on 12-5-2006 by V Kaminski]

Ahh, so true. Very, very true.

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 07:05 PM
link   

What BS! I swear! Record what you just on tape, and listen to it! You'd be stunned if you heard yourself from a distance. Now What I said above I said it WOULD BE GOOD IF IT HAPPENED or MAY THE R...., not neccessarily happened. Doesn't mean its going to happen. AND THERE IS NO WAY RUSSIA WOULD SUPPORT AL QUAIDA OR HIDE SADDAM, YOU HEAR? NO WAY!!!!!!
You are ignorant of what isn't revealed on the Russian news. Before Airstrikes arrived they helped make arrangements to hide him. They also invited Hamas which is the terrorist group that bombs Israel. How Ironic terrorists kill Russians and they invite them. Quite evil indeed. Hmmmm selling arms to China to invade Taiwan that sounds evil too.

www.aljazeera.com...
www.russiablog.org...
www.pbs.org...

Putin is evil just like Palpatine from Star Wars who turned out to be darth Sidious.

[edit on 12-5-2006 by urmomma158]

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Ok, here we go

1. Russia ain't any eviler then USA or most other countries
2. Russia ain't got connections with terrorism-AL quaida supports the Chechens!
3. Saddam never hid on Russian soil
4. US is the one that trained bin laden and supplied the mujadeens

So now who's the evil one? This isn't going nowhere, ok? We could talk about this crap all day and all night. Its pointless.

Anyway, I'm glad Russia wants to disarm Iran, that was a great move.

Hope to see more such moves from Russia soon.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join