It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel: Iran Unlikely to Share Nukes with Terrorists

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 01:21 PM
link   
An unlikely seeming yet sensible statement from Isreal's national security advisor, Giora Eiland. According to him, Iran would not be likely to share its nuclear technology with terrorists, or aid them in building nuclear weapons or dirty bombs.

[Israel] argues that a nuclear-armed Iran would be a direct threat and could embolden allied Lebanese and Palestinian militant groups to step up attacks on Israelis.

But Giora Eiland, Israel’s national security advisor, played down speculation among analysts and Iran’s foes that Tehran might also supply proxies with portable nuclear weapons such as a radiation-spreading "dirty bomb."

"I don’t think they would be ready to share this knowledge," he told foreign reporters.

"Iran is the state that supports terror more than any other state," Eiland said. "They are extreme and anti-Israeli ... but I didn’t say they are not responsible."

Source: Reuters (at Defense News)

A surprisingly frank assesment from Israel's NSA, IMO. I think any nation state in existance, and certainly one as established as Iran, understands that some powers should remain in the hands of the state. Which isn't to say that was Eiland's reasoning, but I think Iran understands that nuclear weapons in the hands of non-state actors, even those Iran controls, would be more a liability than something useful.

[edit on 10-5-2006 by koji_K]

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Nuclear bombs have "fingerprints" that can be traced back to where it came from. A bomb goes off and is traced back to Iran, well they have a problem then.

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 09:14 PM
link   
steve...know any site where i can get more info abt nuclear fingerprints to trace its origins...

join