It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BTS.talk: PODcast Testing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 11:49 AM
link   

PODcast: PODcast Testing
Just testing an upload and commenting on a few threads.

length: 01:49
file: btstpod_1707.mp3
size: 1712k
feed: btst

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 12:35 AM
link   
We WILL NOT go away B.H. I PROMISE.
We are pretty much untouchable. We are independant, privately funded and beholding to NO ONE. We take NO SIDE, we suffer NO FOOLS.

Springer...

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Excellent work, BH! I laughed out loud at the "Supposedly some ignorant people are ruining the site. Ha ha!" Totally cute. More please.

Also Springer, I have to ask you how you think you can insure delivery (and full functionality) of ATS if the DNS servers are throttled by the US power structure. I do agree with BH here. Any forum which relies upon technology, and which allows any sort of subject to be discussed in open forum, is at risk by those persons who can misdirect or redirect traffic on the net.

But then I guess even if the US suffers a brutal supression of freedom, you could always host the servers in Switzerland or NL or something. But if so many members are in the US, how can you guarantee anybody will be able to access the IP?

Nah, if they put me in charge if the US and said: "Be a fascist." One of the first things I'd do is start theorizing about how to either A: tactically undermine, or B: deny access to, a forum as free as this.

Anyway, here is a link about COPE. Yes the Internet is at risk. ATS should organize a "cause" and get people writing letters. 60,000 pieces of signed mail might keep the Internet around for a little while longer. Okay I am being dramatic, but on a five to ten year timeline, I can see IP becoming like cel phone service where you have to have a T-Mobile internet to call a T-Mobile internet (if that makes sense)

www.commoncause.org...

What It's About: Net neutrality is the principle that you should be able to access whatever web content or services you choose, without any interference from your Internet service provider. Right now, no law or rule protects citizens facing obstacles to getting access to the information on the Internet. The COPE bill would make it impossible for those protections to be written into law or rule, making all of us vulnerable to big companies who would like to "own" the Internet and mine it for profit. Some companies like Verizon and Comcast have already announced plans to create a two-tiered Internet, where some websites and services would travel in the "fast lane" - for a fee, of course - and the rest would be relegated to a "slow lane."

[edit on 13-5-2006 by smallpeeps]

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by smallpeeps

Also Springer, I have to ask you how you think you can insure delivery (and full functionality) of ATS if the DNS servers are throttled by the US power structure. I do agree with BH here. Any forum which relies upon technology, and which allows any sort of subject to be discussed in open forum, is at risk by those persons who can misdirect or redirect traffic on the net.

Anyway, here is a link about COPE. Yes the Internet is at risk. ATS should organize a "cause" and get people writing letters. 60,000 pieces of signed mail might keep the Internet around for a little while longer. Okay I am being dramatic, but on a five to ten year timeline, I can see IP becoming like cel phone service where you have to have a T-Mobile internet to call a T-Mobile internet (if that makes sense)

[edit on 13-5-2006 by smallpeeps]

There are so MANY ways to keep this site up NO MATTER what "they" try it's truly not funny... It's EASY. Renting bandwidth on a non US satellite would be the last resort but certainly doable.
Nobody is throtteling ATS. THey can't, it's too big, terabytes take WAY too long to deal with. Besides that we know exactly when something is posted and when it "appears".
Server logs are great

Even BETTER if the web become 100% cel technology- The airwaves are still FREE, anybody can buy a cable or tap one. Good luck trying to keep up with the greatest digital minds on the planet who don't want you to read their stuff. Encryption is always a game of "who's FIRST".

Starting a "cause on ATS" is exactly the WRONG thing to do. GENUINE Neutrality and independence is the ONLY answer mate... There is NOTHING that can keep us down if we don't want to be down except breaking a law.

"Supporting" Any cause IS A SURE FIRE WAY for them to write a law that makes the "cause" illegal and pin our hides with that new law. At that point we GIVING them a weakness to attack us with. See what I mean? When there is NO WAY to "pin" or (more importantly) ATTACH us to ANYTHING (we accept ALL sides of an issue for DISCUSSION) it's impossible to get around our law firm...

IF the rule of law breaks down then it's ALL PIRATE RADIO all the time anyways.

THIS is how Humanity has survived ALL the despots and dictators to date, today we have this INCREDIBLE technology that our Father's never had. We can communicate across the globe INSTANTLY, nobody has EVER had that power before. Communications play a MAJOR role in outing scumbags. they can't sell their B.S. on the front end when people who have seen the "back end results" are telling the new recruits the real deal.

I say again... "ATS has NO OPINION, this site takes NO SIDE, this site ONLY DENIES IGNORANCE" What people choose to do with that is utterly up to THEM.

Springer...

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Well, that just gives me a big warm and fuzzy!

Thanks

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
Starting a "cause on ATS" is exactly the WRONG thing to do. GENUINE Neutrality and independence is the ONLY answer mate... There is NOTHING that can keep us down if we don't want to be down except breaking a law.

"Supporting" Any cause IS A SURE FIRE WAY for them to write a law that makes the "cause" illegal and pin our hides with that new law. At that point we GIVING them a weakness to attack us with. See what I mean? When there is NO WAY to "pin" or (more importantly) ATTACH us to ANYTHING (we accept ALL sides of an issue for DISCUSSION) it's impossible to get around our law firm...

You convinced me. Your point about neutrality is true and I cannot argue.
You explained it perfectly.

top topics

join