It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will the Continued Policy of Non-Disclosure Lead us to WW3?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 10:24 AM
link   
The reason I say this is because of the U.K.'s report this week to explain UFO's and Alien's with the same explaination they have been using for decades.

news.bbc.co.uk

Also, Gary McKinnon, the hacker, is also in the news today

news.bbc.co.uk...

Also, the new Director of the CIA is an Air Force Vet. Once this AF Vet is ok'ed all of the civilian Intelligence Agencies will be controlled by Military/Government officials.

The way I see it, the US discloses what it doesn't want its enemies to know about. Right now the US is sitting on top of a ton of Military Ready Technology. The US Military/ Bush Administration see this technology as an option to strike other countries quickly and effectively. Bush might believe that the only way the people will ever learn of this technology is if he uses it in combat.

It appears to me as if our Governments (U.S., U.K., and Au) are getting ready to make sure whatever technology we have that the Russians and Chinese do not, will not make their way into enemy hands in the next 20-30 years?

Will disclosure only happen after WW3?

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 11:22 AM
link   
We actually had an intruiging debate over the subject of disclosure recently

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[war of the world broadcast]
The entire nation was terror stricken with panic and fear. Hysteria and fear was so high that in some places people actually reported seeing the invasion

If all of that could happen over an entirely non-existence 'invasion', and one that was absurdly simply to show wasn't happening (change.the.channel.), can anoyne imagine what would happen internally to most countries if this was presented as teh truth?

Imagine what it would do to world politics, if, say, the US was the one with most of the contact.

also from the debate

"The common thread that weaves violent political movements together is fear. It is not the only motivating factor behind political violence, nor necessarily the most obvious, but it is virtually always there. Whenever we ask why people hate, or why they are willing to kill or die for a cause, the answer is invariably fear."

Is there anything more frightening than knowing that super-powerful and completely inhuman beings from the sky are snatching interfereing with us?

Disclosure would probably result in World War Three.

Also, just look at what happened to the "Native Peoples" of North and South America, after contact with the slightly more technologically advanced europeans. They were destroyed, shattered, even the ones that weren't simply killed now live in cultures that have been broken and are barely able to exist. If thats what happens when a stone age culture meets a Technological one, what happens when our modern culture, that can only enter space with giant 'rockets', meets one that can transcend the distances of the space-time continuum???

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 12:27 PM
link   
While I agree with you that disclosure will cause Governments to crumble won't it have the same affect on religion?

Without Christianity and more importantly Islam, would we still have a reason to war with each other?

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Low Orbit
Without Christianity and more importantly Islam, would we still have a reason to war with each other?

Sure, there's still money, power, resources, and territory to fight over.

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I would argue that with disclosure of UFO's and aliens that Money, resources, territory, and even power will lose value. How important is owning a Ferrari when you know that there are Aliens in your skies pilotting UFO's. This would make a Ferrari look like a horse.

How important do you think currency is to advanced forms of life?

How important do you think our concept of power is to an advanced form of life?

If disclosure does ever happen, the people of earth will reprioritize all of the things you listed and in my opinion, all will mean less that what they did without disclosure.

With disclosure, different cultures will begin to realize how similar we are to one another. We will begin to realize that the differences in which we war over are as foolish as were the Wars fought in Guliver's Travels in which they wared over how to correctly crack an egg.

How do you envision, people becoming dumber because of disclosure?
Dumber to me = more materialistic

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 05:22 PM
link   

I would argue that with disclosure of UFO's and aliens that Money, resources, territory, and even power will lose value. How important is owning a Ferrari when you know that there are Aliens in your skies pilotting UFO's. This would make a Ferrari look like a horse.

Bah! I'd rather have a horse. Why would I believe the government on disclosure? I don't believe anything else they have to say.

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 06:26 PM
link   
for people like you, where proof is everything. Im sure the military would let you touch an actual flying saucer after disclosure at an airshow in the US if only you would be willing to leave the couch for an hour.

I'm sure touching the actual craft and then later watching it fly and perform spectacular tricks for you to see would be enough proof.

What would also be necessary to prove to you that disclosure is real is seeing and touching an actual alien, hopefully the US government could provide a few aliens to shake hands at future airshows too.

Would that be enough to prove it was real?

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 07:04 PM
link   

for people like you, where proof is everything. Im sure the military would let you touch an actual flying saucer after disclosure at an airshow in the US if only you would be willing to leave the couch for an hour.

Who are "people like you?" What do you mean by "willing to leave the couch for an hour?" That was rude. For all you know, I could be disabled and in a wheel chair.

I'm sure touching the actual craft and then later watching it fly and perform spectacular tricks for you to see would be enough proof.

What would also be necessary to prove to you that disclosure is real is seeing and touching an actual alien, hopefully the US government could provide a few aliens to shake hands at future airshows too.

Would that be enough to prove it was real?

Seeing is not always believing. I've seen thing most people would never believe. I never said I needed proof. I said that if the government said it why would I believe it. Full disclosure means they tell us everything. They don't have to have aliens on parade to do that.

I used to work on an airbase that required a security clearance to work there. I saw some aircraft do some spectacular tricks. That is as much as I'm allowed to say about that until these aircraft have been declassified.

What I can say is "I DON'T BELIEVE OR TRUST OUR GOVERNMENT!"

That makes me neither ignorant nor a couch potato!

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 08:06 PM
link   
yea, sorry I snapped at you, I admit I'm a bit of an ass. So, I'm sorry.

I have heard about some covert aircraft particularly the Aurora which I believe might be older than myself and Im 25. I too do not trust the Government and even if they unveiled that we have flying saucers and that aliens are real even that might not be full disclosure.

I understand that the US will never come out with full disclosure unless the people revolt against it through Massive Protest, but we are years away from that.

My concept of disclosure would be more than one or two spy planes such as the Aurora being shown to the public. My definition of disclosure would also have to include what the government knows about alternative energy and other intelligent life forms and give a brief background of where they are from and what they are like.

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 06:41 PM
link   
So I guess it's World War III then. Hope everyone's ready to get blown up, because Iran has some pretty nifty weapons.

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 09:27 PM
link   
please indulge us Ty, in which weapons will be used by Iran in a potential war between the US and Iran.

So you believe that Iran would win a war between Iran and the US, UK, and Australia? Please, enlighten us?

And back to the subject, do you think disclosure could help to prevent WW3 or a War with Iran for that matter?

top topics

join