It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible Mega-Tsunami May 25 2006

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Saw this one in another foruma and didn't see anything on it here, figured I 'd post, see what people here have to say

[edit on 10-5-2006 by pstiffy]

[edit on 10-5-2006 by pstiffy]

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Wow,well i hope for the 1000's of people who could die in this,that this guy is wrong. And if he is right,well then its surfs up,dude.

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 10:53 AM
link   
is it May 25 or June 6?

How does one confirm a psychic communication?

the old "told ya so" technique?

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 10:55 AM
link   
There are actually a few threads on this prediction/possible impact already. There isn't actually anywhere near the chance of an impact that some would have us think.

When the impact doesn't occur, does that mean that the "psychic" making the prediction is a fraud?

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 11:07 AM
link   
First of all nothing is going to happen on June 6th. Except my birthday!
Isn't it too convienient for something to happen on that day?

Secondly how exactly does that correlate to May 25th? I also read that this comet that is fragmented was going to make impact with earth even tho NASA is saying not a chance.

Don't really know what to think about it. Just have to wait and see. It's not like we can run from a fireball with an impact of Hiroshima

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by DDay

Another 06^3 I see. I'm holding a mark of the beast party this year to commemorate my 20th.

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 03:40 PM
link   
hmmm, from what I can find, the only basis for this mega tsunami on May 25th is the visions of one man, Eric Julien, who claims to have contact with aliens.

May 25, 2006 - The Day of Destiny

Eric Julien, a former air traffic controller and airport manager claims that on May 25, 2006 a fragment from Comet 73P/Schwassman- Wachmann is likely to strike the Earth and perhaps cause a planetary catastrophe. He predicts the comet fragment will impact somewhere in the Atlantic Ocean and create “mega” tsunami’s with 200-meter high waves that will devastate coastal areas and kill tens of millions.

Professional astronomers disagree with Mr. Julien and state that the comet poses no direct threat to Earth. Mr. Julien believes the fragment is too small to be detected by astronomers.

Hmmm…. If the fragment is to small to see, how can Mr. Julien predict exactly when and where it will strike?

For an extra dash of doom, he adds that the collision will coincide with Presidents Bush’s preemptive nuclear attack on Iran. Mr. Julien is currently writing a book about his experiences with extraterrestrials including his recent “communications and physical contacts” with them.

the original source of this "prediction"
Forme r Military Air Traffic Controller Claims Comet Collision with Earth on May 25, 2006

personally I don't buy it, from everything I'm reading about this comet, it's not going to happen, but we'll just have to wait and see.

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Man, I can't wait until all of the doomsday predictions for June 6th. Although, this seems like an interesting story, I seriously doubt it could happen.

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by entropy+

Originally posted by DDay

Another 06^3 I see. I'm holding a mark of the beast party this year to commemorate my 20th.

Off topic, but get this:

My best mate was 13 on friday the 13th in `95.

His dad is called "Dev".

On his birthday last year, we sat in St James park, London in the middle of 13 Oak trees, each with 1 raven in it, totalling 13.

The guy is rather evil..he turned Sith on KOTOR 2 without even trying...

There's your anti-christ!

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 11:51 PM
link   
If the fragment from this comet is too small to be detected wouldn't that mean it would burn up in the earth's atmosphere? And the prediction about the fragment hitting the ocean is a game of odds considering only 1/3 of the earth is land mass.

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 12:26 AM
link   
I made a thread about this:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

May 25 is the day to keep alert!

[edit on 11-5-2006 by armageddonbeliever]

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 01:10 AM
link   
June 6th, me and my freinds are going to hold a huge party, just because its 06/6/06. Still if anything happens, it will be a sweet party. Already we have about 4 kegs, we plan on getting wasted beyond belief.

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 06:22 PM
link   
So has this gentlemen ever successfully predicted something that we know about? Not something that he is retroactively claiming he predicted.

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 06:38 PM
link   
June 6th, Im going to the cinema to watch, the remake of THE OMEN and also the Beast revealed, should be an interesting day

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Let me get this to a point of my accurracy on this topic of the thread,K?
"Alien's are supposedly controling the out come of a comet that has been traveling for approximately 999,000,000 miles and are going to redirect it into the earth's atmosphere that will cause a catalclysmic event?" Am I on the right track?
Well, Hell's Bell's, I'm going get a big screen Tv before it's to late!!!

Even though the MODS are allowing this thread, I am having a real hard time for thier justification's for such nonscense to even be deliberated over. I am sure that an event as it is will possibbly take place again, just not sure if the topic at hand is very accurate to raise any eye brow's over such assumption's. I usually don't post replies to this accord, but I am getting really aggitated at the so called "Dooom's Day Rock" scenario.

There will be alot to learn from the close encounter of a fragmenting comet, but it is all lesson's to be learned by a "Close to Earth Orbit experience" and that is it, nothing more and nothing less.I have been keeping my out on this particular situation, and I can reassure you, The end of the world or the Alantic coastal region has little to nothing to worry about. Even with the statement that many scientist are saying that they will not be able to track an intrusion of a comet ,asteroid or meteor with the tech they have today with our planet.

Look it up and see the scientific point's of view's:

73P Schwassmann-Wachmann 3 on a google search.

A lot of information on this situation.

new topics

top topics

join