It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lost Continent of Mu

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 06:32 PM
link   
community-2.webtv.net...
This is just one of many sites out there. These are pics taken of the Japanese and Indian coasts. I have studied about Mu and Atlantis a little bit. A good source to reference would be Atlantis by Ignatius Donnelly. Mu and Atlantis were timed to be around 1500 B.C. or before some of the world wide cataclysms. These were also known as Noah's flood or the Tower of Babel in the bible. These civilizations were seen to be advance scientifically and otherwise. These world wide cataclysms were recorded by almost every great culture of that time. Plato has discussed this at length. Also Queen Moo and the Egyptian Sphinx (Augustus Le Plongeon) discuss the land of Mu being destroyed. This corresponds to the story told by Plato about the destruction of Atlantis not very long ago.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by MOOR45
community-2.webtv.net...
This is just one of many sites out there. These are pics taken of the Japanese and Indian coasts.

Weren't those linked to in the very first post? Do tell: how do ruins on the submerged parts of existing land masses have anything to do with lost continents, especially one that originated as a flawed hypothesis in defense of evolution, only to be expanded upon my debunked mystics after that? These ruins are extremely interesting, but they are nothing to do with Atlantis or Lemuria. The annonymous "many others" aren't lending any credibility either.

I have studied about Mu and Atlantis a little bit. A good source to reference would be Atlantis by Ignatius Donnelly. Mu and Atlantis were timed to be around 1500 B.C. or before some of the world wide cataclysms. These were also known as Noah's flood or the Tower of Babel in the bible.

I don't mind Donnelly. I read some of his stuff online. He takes a flawed approach to linguistics, emphasizing the aspects most subject to change (similiar sound/spelling) and ignoring sentence structure, conjugation, etc. This increases the odds that he will find coincidental links as well as miss strong evidence of severe difference between the languages. He presents some interesting evidence and is fun to read if you're into mysteries, but he doesn't present what I would call "proof" of Atlantis.
About the date- bible scholars generally date the flood to about 2300 BC, give or take.
Plato dates Atlantis to 9400BC, even though I find evidence in greek mythology that indicate that Atlantis existed in the time of Troy and the series of fratricidal wars that destroyed Troy, Mycenea, etc, which woudl be somewhere late in the 2nd millenium AD, a little after 1500BC.
Mu never had a date at all, because it was made up by a man who claimed to be reading heiroglyphics that obviously couldn't really be read at the time.
Lemuria, on which Mu expands, was an invention of Madame Blavatsky, who is said Lemuria was the home of the 3rd root race. Races last millions of years according to her "secret doctrine", see the link. This places Lemuria/Mu far outside of our timeline, even if it wasn't all a fiction.
ourworld.compuserve.com...
Finally, there were no cataclysms around 1500 BC. We have it on good authority, through the Egyptians and Babylonians, that everything was FINE, even though Thera pretty much blew up the center of the greek empire of the time. We also have trees that have been around since the eruption of Thera, which can be shown by dendrochronology. They were used to help date the erruption. This rules out a flood, unless you claim that Satan put the trees and the fossils there to decieve us (in which case I can assure you it was a brilliant ploy and is working perfectly).

These civilizations were seen to be advance scientifically and otherwise. These world wide cataclysms were recorded by almost every great culture of that time. Plato has discussed this at length. Also Queen Moo and the Egyptian Sphinx (Augustus Le Plongeon) discuss the land of Mu being destroyed. This corresponds to the story told by Plato about the destruction of Atlantis not very long ago.

I was trying to be nice and this is what I get? Somebody hold me back... come on hold me back, i'm gonna hurt someone here! There is no evidence from anywhere of a modern civilization existing before. Some technology may have existed earlier than we believed, but plato makes it clear that the army of Atlantis used chariots and spearmen, and was defeated by the ancient Greeks (and I think we'd know if they had ray guns and ballistic missiles in ancient Athens).
Plato does not discuss this at length either. It gets a couple of pages in an incomplete minor work which has contributed little if anything to philosophy that we can ascertain (Critias isn't even complete).
The flood myth is common, however we can't say that it was "recorded by every culture of the time" for several reasons. 1. It wasn't EVERY culture, just the vast majority of them. In many cases they may actually be sharing the same story- that is the danger of samping different time periods. For example, the biblical story probably was borrowed from the sumerians, so those two accounts are actually one. Babylonia, Sumeria, Akkadia, and arguably Assyria are hardly even different cultures. They conquered eachother, Sumer and Akkadia came together to form Babylonia and certain parts of their empire referred to themselves as amorites, which were only sometimes differentiated from canaanites, which may have been related to phoenecians and hebrews, and phoenecians were contemporaries of Greece, so almost the entire med. region could actually be sharing a single sumerian myth. Food for thought: how many santa claus myths are there?
2. it wasn't really "recorded" because the stories aren't objective. Every culture claims Noah was one of them. Noah, Gilgamesh, Deucelion, etc.
3. It didn't happen in just the records "of the period". We aren't even sure when the period was. If we thought we knew, we'd look at all of the available data on climate, civilization, etc in that time period all together and know just what sort of thigns we were looking for, and we'd have an answer quickly.

Now for queen Moo. A google of that name turns up a wealth of websites all dealing with 1 or 2 sources... Le Plongeon and channelling. Neither of these sources is reliable. There is room for interest in the possibility of a matriarchal society in egypy especially before 3000 BC, and this then leads to some wonder about the obscure elamite civilization in southern Iran, which is the only matrilineal civilization in the area according to my reading.
Although my look through the popul vuh does not suggest much about matriarchy so far, other similiarities get my attention: forbidden fruit for example. All of this is interesting, because i do believe in trans-atlantic travel and interaction in ancient history. That being said, Queen Moo is simply made up. She is either a wild expansion on facts, or a complete fabrication which happens to touch very vaguely on some suspicions we have about ancient history. The connection of Queen Moo to the antiquated lemuria/mu hypothesis is enough to discredit the idea. No more Queen Moo without solid evidence please.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 01:54 PM
link   
[edit on 7/14/2004 by MOOR45]

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Please slow down. You have brought up some interesting theories and points yet you didn't read the post carefully before posting at length. The pictures were just links that were provided IN ADDITION to what was provided by the others here. Never do you see in my post that the pictures are inrefutable evidence. I'm not naive to believe the short amount of information provided is the Ark of the Covenant. The pictures are relevant because they show a culture that was architectually advanced. What does the structures of the coast of Japan have to do with Mu? Alot. These structure were just one of many which are ENORMOUS in size and which strech across the Pacific. Pyramidal type structures, paved roadways and street. How can you seriously say these cultures only had spears? You keep mentioning the Egyptians which is also know as Kemet. This name is however not the ancient name of egypt. The ancient hieroglyphic clearly shows the proper term is Ta Moori>T'MR>Pata Mera>the ancient land of Egypt. There are pyramids with hieroglyphs here as well that prove that these were advanced cultures who invented a calendar system, unparralled architecture, advanced medical techniques, etc. The pyramids themselves prove this. Actually hte pyramids of he Americas are older and some even larger than the pyramids in Gaza. Cocaine is a plant native to the Americas no Africa. Yet mummies found in Egypt have traces of it. Is Egyptian culture older? Evidence of advanced ships were found on the walls of many pyramids in Egypt which denote flying gravity defying ships. www.crystalinks.com...
Queen Moo has nothing to do with Egypt. Her accounts were based on recordings from the ancient Mayas and shows evidence even in the record of the Olmecs. The Mysterious Maya by George E. Stuart will give you some insight. How can you dismiss her account based on limited research. If Augustus LePlongeon or Ignatius Donnelly are not up to your "intellectual" standard perhaps Ancient History of the East by Lenormant and Chevallier would be to you liking?
Your personal opinion of Donnelly's writing are just that, your opinion. But opinion are not fact. Here we are only submitting our research, knowledge, and theoretical premise, to try to arrive at some type of conclusion or try to come close to a consensual understanding. Atlantis defeated by who? Present more reference or links. I will say I do not take everything on the web at face value because info can be altered electronically which is why I also list books for people to research and I have mentioned this in previous posts. However I will try to provide the best links I can in the interest of the these discussions. But relax, don't be on attack mode so much. Also realize that bible scholars are not experts in dating ancient cultures. Archaelogical evidence has been steadily showing a progression of findings which show dating to be earlier than you suggest.

[edit on 7/14/2004 by MOOR45]

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by MOOR45
Please slow down. You have brought up some interesting theories and points yet you didn't read the post carefully before posting at length. The pictures were just links that were provided IN ADDITION to what was provided by the others here. Never do you see in my post that the pictures are inrefutable evidence. I'm not naive to believe the short amount of information provided is the Ark of the Covenant.

Fair enough- the pictures do prove that we have missed a thing or two about Japanese history, since I am aware of nothing like that currently above sea level in the pacific. Forgive me if I have incorrectly grouped you with radicals, but be warned that I still maintain serious and factually supported differences with any school of thought which support Le Plongeon's Mu or Blavatsky's (or even Haeckel's) Lemuria.

The pictures are relevant because they show a culture that was architectually advanced. What does the structures of the coast of Japan have to do with Mu? Alot. These structure were just one of many which are ENORMOUS in size and which strech across the Pacific. Pyramidal type structures, paved roadways and street. How can you seriously say these cultures only had spears?

They don't span the whole Pacific. Forgive me if I am mis-interpreting you, but you seem to be saying that they do, and in the absence of evidence to the contrary, I must maintain that they only exist to an extent near that represented by the photos. Putting that aside, I object to the name Mu more than I object to the idea of lost civilization in the pacific. It is OBVIOUS from the existence of these ruins (which to my knowledge are nothing like those of the rest of ancient Japanese civilizations) that we have missed something about the history of the pacific. I simply refuse to call it Mu because Mu is a name shared by the fabrications of Le Plongeon and Blavatsky, who were either sincerely WRONG or abominably FALSE.
Finally, I do not maintain that they only had spears. I suggest that they may have used cavalry, archery, perhaps (although evidence does not yet exist) well made swords of some highly efficient design, outstanding shields perhaps, even perhaps crossbows or the most primitive of rockets. I'm just saying that it is 99.9% that they did not have fighter jets and ICBMs and assault rifles. There is a difference between intelligence/sophistication and modernization / technological supremecy. Paving isn't such a huge achievement. The ancient egyptians used chariots and they used chariots and spears. The Romans made roads that still exist today, and they used chariots and spears and horse cavalry. I used to make asphalt for a living, and it isn't that hard as far as technology goes. You just have to have a deep thinker who realizes the benefits of combining the qualities of what is soft with the qualities of what is hard (oil and rock). If some mystery virus or alien race took us back to being cavemen tomorrow, before I was dead we would be paving roads for commerce again. (granted that it's because we already know about it, but you see my point- it's a conceptual leap, not a technological one.) back to the point- the ruins are important and I acknowledge that. They MAY point to a lost civilization and I acknowledge that. The are most likely (I'd give you 5:1 odds) NOT the ruins of Blavatsky's Lemuria or Le Plongeon's Mu- neither of which you are able to defend my any arguement of reason.

You keep mentioning the Egyptians which is also know as Kemet. This name is however not the ancient name of egypt. The ancient hieroglyphic clearly shows the proper term is Ta Moori>T'MR>Pata Mera>the ancient land of Egypt. There are pyramids with hieroglyphs here as well that prove that these were advanced cultures who invented a calendar system, unparralled architecture, advanced medical techniques, etc. The pyramids themselves prove this. Actually hte pyramids of he Americas are older and some even larger than the pyramids in Gaza.

1. I'm sure it's just a typo- but gaza is in the eastern part of Israel and was captured during one of several wars with Egypt. Giza is located in Northern Egypt and remains under Egyptian control. Just something you might want to remember when you're watching the news and wondering what Israeli troops are doing in Gaza.
2. A careful review of my prior posts reminds me that I have sade scarcely a word regarding Egypt (and I didn't even know it was known as Kemet or anything else). That being said, I'm not afraid to engage you on your point.
A. The egyptian calendar is noteworthy, as are many ancient calendars from Sumer to South America. (I don't know the first thing about China, but I'll bet you 5 bucks that they had a good one too... if you win you gotta come to CA and get your 5 bucks in person though.) It shows KNOWLEDGE but not necessarily TECHNOLOGY. (knowledge is easier to acquire than technology- electricity has been known of since AT LEAST Ben Franklin's experiments, but the electric motor is much more recent.)
B. Egyptian achitecture is not paralleled- it's entirely surpassed, and has been for a long time (although I must admit it is good for its time period, even if perhaps not so good as what can be found in Greece or Rome.) As a matter of fact, I'll be seeing some Egyptian achitecture in about a month- I'll be staying at the Luxor in Vegas on my 21st birthday- where egyptian achetecture is not a marvel, but merely a tourist attraction... if it were modern by any standard it would be found outside of the Luxor- but it isn't.

Cocaine is a plant native to the Americas no Africa. Yet mummies found in Egypt have traces of it. Is Egyptian culture older? Evidence of advanced ships were found on the walls of many pyramids in Egypt which denote flying gravity defying ships. www.crystalinks.com...

Your link has completely changed my mind. Please disregard everything I have posted above. Crystalinks.com leaves no room for doubt that an advanced civilization of Jedi Knights built the pyramids, and exists to this day- making science fiction movies. Give me a break.

To be serious with you though, since I do not mean you any disrespect (ATS should be a place that encourages daring speculation in search of truth) Those drawings ARE interesting and MAY represent any of a number of thigns. 1. They could be the product of an egyptian Da Vinci, who had the ideas even though he lacked the means to build them. 2. The could be symbols that look like one thing to use, but mean entirely another to the Egyptians. (if I force myself to look for something besides an aircraft when I look at the second aircraft down on the right side *above the glyph that is compared to a starwars land speeder and below the "millenium falcon"* I see a desert landscape consisting of several dunes and a cliff in the background.) 3. These could be FAKE- why are they on cyrstalinks but not in national geographic or popular science or Fox News Channel. (oh wait, let me guess... because of the anti-arab bias of FNC?)

You mention coc aine found in mummies. You ignore my statement that I believe in trans-atlantic travel, trade, and interaction. I do not believe that men evolved seperately on various continents, and I do not believe that men traveled deep into the icy wastes of Siberia and Alaska in search of better hunting. (what kind of idiot would you have to be... seriously?) I believe that European and African sailors followed the icy coast to America during glaciations (even though I realize this is generally considered before the dawn of civilization). And I believe that if Aboriginals reached Australia that it is no reach to place Africans in South America as well. For that matter, I am not biased against the idea that an Atlantis broke up the atlantic and eased the crossing to America. I simply hold out for evidence because I want very badly to be taken seriously when i speak on the matter, because I honestly intend to find evidence to one effect or the other before I die (actually in the next year or so i hope) and to make it as well known as I possibly can.

Queen Moo has nothing to do with Egypt. Her accounts were based on recordings from the ancient Mayas and shows evidence even in the record of the Olmecs. The Mysterious Maya by George E. Stuart will give you some insight. How can you dismiss her account based on limited research. If Augustus LePlongeon or Ignatius Donnelly are not up to your "intellectual" standard perhaps Ancient History of the East by Lenormant and Chevallier would be to you liking?

This WILL come up again after I've done some reading, and I do hope that your sources are onto something. I've said it before- I WANT to believe.

Your personal opinion of Donnelly's writing are just that, your opinion. But opinion are not fact. Here we are only submitting our research, knowledge, and theoretical premise, to try to arrive at some type of conclusion or try to come close to a consensual understanding.

It is not my "personal opinion" regarding Donnelly really. It is my opinion regarding the relevance of those on this board with an education in linguistics who have weighed in on the subject before. They say that you can't go on the sound of words as much as you can on sentence structure and such, but Donnelly does. Don't shoot me i'm just the messenger. Search ATS for linguistics and I'm sure you'll find the posts, but if not I will find them for you.

Atlantis defeated by who? Present more reference or links.

Defeated by ancient athens and a greek coalition. This is in Plato's dialogue Critias, which along with Plato's dialogue Timeas comprises the entirety of written knowledge on Atlantis (excluding modern and channeled works). You can google it or buy it for yourself. Plato makes it clear in Critias that Atlantis went to war with a Greek coalition lead by Athens, and Atlantis lost. He also is entirely without equivocation at the the exact composition of the Atlantean army (chariots, spearmen, heavy infantry, sling-men, and horse cavalry). This is part of the evidence, along with a dating of the events surrounding Poseidon and Hermes, that I present for the exitence of Atlantis not 9000 years before plato, but 1000 years before. (between 1400-1000 BC, which ties in to the fall of Tory, Mycenea, and others to the Sea People, which are probably a historical misunderstanding generated by a series of civil conflicts between Greek city-states.) In other words, Atlantis is very much like Troy and Urgarit (spelling?)- a lost city fallen to the fratricidal wars of the late 2nd millenium BC and early first millenium, which appears in a hand full of stories but will remain in doubt until it is acutally discovered (and ultimately will be proven to be nothing too fantastic.) Even Troy, the mythical city that required a union of all of Greece to destroy, and which supposedly fought a war in which all of the Gods and heroes played important roles, was put to rest with a rather anti-climactic discovery of an ancient pile of walls.

I will say I do not take everything on the web at face value because info can be altered electronically which is why I also list books for people to research and I have mentioned this in previous posts. However I will try to provide the best links I can in the interest of the these discussions. But relax, don't be on attack mode so much. Also realize that bible scholars are not experts in dating ancient cultures. Archaelogical evidence has been steadily showing a progression of findings which show dating to be earlier than you suggest.

I tend to be an intense and competitive person. It is unlikely that I will relax, simply because I have been rowdy since birth and no ammount of punishment nor abuse has been able to break that. My point however is not be hostile towards you, only to present the strongest possible challenge. My intent is either of two ends- one that my own conclusions should be proven true and lead to greater understanding. Or two, that the conclusions of another person should be so tried by fire as to be almost beyond question, and that those might lead to greater understanding. (if in the process I should happen to come off looking and/or feeling really intellectual... well I suppose that's not an accident- but i consider it a secondary goal.)

Anyway, let's continue this arguement. Hit me with everything you've got (evidence wise- althought I'd accept a jab or two outside of evidence, in good nature). god knows i'll return the favor. Maybe one of us will be vindicated by it in the end.(if this is all a little un-naturally stated, either in prose or incoherence *i prefer the former*, it's because i've been drinking)

[edit on 15-7-2004 by The Vagabond]

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 08:17 AM
link   
I respect your need to compete or be "rowdy" since birth. I will have to get back to you at lenght since I am travelling. But please do me a favor and look those pictures I showed you on either Fox or the discovery channel. They were on crystal links but they were on national television and shown by this famous egyptian archaeologist or scientist I believe. They showed this tv special a few times so the pictures are valid. Alot of movies get their ideas from history and past cultural achievements. All that stuff is not just made up even thought it looks hard to believe. I will get back to you. Oh and ny the way the Luxor in Vegas is not mathematically constructed like those in Egypt. It looks nice but no cigar. Architecural experts concede that they still have not built anything to match these structures. Nothing in Rome or Greece has come close and you may find discussions at length on this site. Keep in mind the Romans and Greeks took a lot of ideas, science, architectural knowlege, mathematics, etc from the North Africans (Moors, etc.) This is well known fact which you can find almost anyplace. But I will get back to you!

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

wrong, others know, col james churchward wrote before Cayce talked about it.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   
churchward was, for example decoding the letter "U" and suggesting the bottom of the U is the bottom of the abyss and the top of the U being the surface of the sea.
This is reflected in the Tibetan ululation ( AUM ) and the sacred ULURU of the Aboriginal cultures of Australasia.
The Nacaal tablets were thought to be decipherable in this fashion, asignificant other symbol is the letter "T", the top of the T representing the surface of the water and the upright representing the depth of the ocean, the Egyptian Ankh is this symbol, the top of the Ankh is held in the hand of certain monumental Egyptian sculpture and represents the pulling up of the ancestors from the depths of the sea.
The T in Tao, and Ti in Tihuanaco (Titicaca), Ti in Pacific culture and the rest of American cultures pre- european invasion of the modern era.
The stoneworking skills seen in monuments from Sacsayhuaman, Cuzco, and other Inca sites is often thought to be from forgotten or lost arts and the stupa seen sometimes on the top of some Ti-betan buildings is read as an upturned masonic mallet.
The name Tut ankh amen has a counterpart in some north American indian speech. The tribes of Atlantis were remembering their own history before they were sunken themselves, and all the information swims around the same pot today.
Seas rise and fall, just like great and not-so-great "civilizations.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   
are the polenesians the decendands of the people of Mu?

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Very recently, more discoveries have been made off the coast of japan. Japanese Divers have found ceremonial statues similar to tose found on Easter Island. In related news a tomb was found 86 feet underground in the amazon containing a CAUCASIAN Mummy, it was dated back abou 7000 years, long before Cortez in 1500s.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I know of the lost continent of Mu. If you find yourself wanting to learn more about the motherland of man-Mu, you should read James Churchwoods' series of books of The Lost Continent of Mu. I have yet to find an ebook of it but I'm sure there is one out there. If you do find one, please post it.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

Your comment was actually very interesting. I actually think Casey was on point when it came to this subject. The reason is that I actually spoke to someone that has ties in an organization we all know of. My friend is a Mason. After talking to him he explained to me what the Masons actually believe. The Masons have the history of Earth. Pretty much he told me that Atlantis did exist and it wasn't just a continent but it was also a city within the continent of Mu. He also spoke that Atlantis existed several times due to destruction either by man or nature. The last destruction changed the face of the world to its current state. He told me reminiscent of Atlantis and Mu are scattered throughout this world. Example Japan and Hawaii are part of Mu. Man he told me so much and most equal out to the theories that are all over the place. He even told me God does exist but he is not what we think he is. my friend told me God is not a reptilian but reptilians do exist.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
Actually....

Nobody knew ANYTHING about the "continent of Mu" and Lemuria until Edgar Cayce "channeled" it.

Cayce was proveably wrong about a lot of things.

well, no.
Actually Cayce just was one of many other psychics who rediscovered the knowledge about Atlantis and Lemuria.
The thosophic movement and later Rudolf Steiner did a lot of research with dating.

Cayce was very good with his readings, just think of his amoumt of precisely medical readings.

greets

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
As I understand it.

Lumeria and Atlantis were opposites. Lumeria was the feminine, Atlantis the masculine. Two views that opposed each other. War broke out, possibly a nuclear war!

Earth has since then undergone feminine and masculine cycles. NOW we are at the end of another and the opposites will become ONE. Each will be equal!

Heaven on Earth, as it is "Above so shale it be Below, here within the self".

Regards and Nameste,

-Chung

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join