It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lost Continent of Mu

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2003 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Is antarctica Mu or Atlantis. Will we ever Know?

posted on Oct, 22 2003 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Byrd,
Nyeff beat me to it, as you can see from his link.......

COMPLETE LOST CONTINENT EDITION. This is the original 1926 edition, with beautiful typography and containing material not printed in subsequent editions. The Addendum contains the additions to the 1931 printing, making this the most comprehensive version ever published. Over 100 illustrations, including 30 reprocessed photographs bringing back their brilliance.

Churchwards original publishing was in 1926, long before Cayce's predictions.

posted on Oct, 23 2003 @ 11:16 AM
link   
So Cayse was predicting stuff people already said? Yeah, I don't believe in prophecy or channeling.

posted on Oct, 23 2003 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by NephraTari
Byrd,
Churchwards original publishing was in 1926, long before Cayce's predictions.

Actually, no. Cayce lived 1877 - 1945 and had been doing these readings since 1901.
www.kyseeker.com...

There's some other suspicious circumstances... Churchward stumbling across the ONLY monk who could translate this (shades of the "Emerald Tablet.") The tablets, monk, and monastary then conveniently vanish and there's no other record of them.

Churchward's contemporaries debunked the book.

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I though that Lemeria was in the southern Indian Ocean, Mu was supposed to be in the Pacific.

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 03:22 PM
link   
There have been some interesting ideas to were Lumeria is. I was wondering if anyone has ever though of Hawai'i as a possibility of being Lumeria. This is just a thought.

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Just back to the Joman- They were large (6ft) and Caucasian most likely related to the Celts They were eliminated by the Korean immigrants who became the Japanese! It is clear from recent evidence (kinwick man found in Oregan) that Ancient Celtic people (or there precursers) ranged from Europe to North America long before the accepted theories of labcoats. Now because of the nazis it is not PC to say that Caucasians were in the US before "the Indians" and may have been more advanced than the Egytians and Sumerians long before those civilizations rose to power. We must at least accept the possiblity that science has it wrong!

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 03:16 PM
link   
If I remember correctly, Lemuria was in the India Ocean and was named after the lemur (the animal) because someone speculated that lemurs originated there. The reasoning behind it was supposedly that lemurs live in Madagascar and southern Asia (India) and that a now-missing continent in between was the best explanation for that anomaly. However, I looked up "lemur" in an encyclopedia and they don't live in Asia, only Madagascar and Comoros! Maybe they lived in Asia in the past - or maybe someone was just plain wrong!

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by GRENADIER
Just back to the Joman- They were large (6ft) and Caucasian most likely related to the Celts They were eliminated by the Korean immigrants who became the Japanese! It is clear from recent evidence (kinwick man found in Oregan) that Ancient Celtic people (or there precursers) ranged from Europe to North America long before the accepted theories of labcoats. Now because of the nazis it is not PC to say that Caucasians were in the US before "the Indians" and may have been more advanced than the Egytians and Sumerians long before those civilizations rose to power. We must at least accept the possiblity that science has it wrong!

Are the Ainu related to them? This was the Caucasoid aboriginal culture in Japan's northern islands. In any case, there are ancient tombs of apparent Celts in western China and the central Asian former Soviet republics. The Chinese government isn't too happy about letting people see the tombs because because they still have a "Middle Kingdom" mentality that makes them fear anything that hints of a non-Chinese origin of any facet of Chinese civilization. A couple of years ago, I had a long running email discussion with a friend about this with a friend who was also amused that a forensic reconstruction of Kenniwick Man's head looked startlingly like Star Trek actor Patrick Stewart!

posted on Nov, 29 2003 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I may have the two confused Jomin and aniu? I will have to lok them up again and see I do know the original occupants of Japan were Caucasian.
The Chinese find is amazing Mummified remains several 1000 years old. I was pleased (being of Scotish decent) to see them wearing Tartan plaid. The textile expert studying the finds mentioned the plaid saying it confirms what Scots had said all along that the Plaid had been Celtic and Scotish from ancient times. She said that the texture and weight of the fabric was also very close to modern tartan woven wool!

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Maybe this is it

Medieval ruins found off Atami?
The Asahi Shimbun

These steps, archaeologists believe, may be signs of a city from the Kamakura Period.

ATAMI, Shizuoka Prefecture-Archaeologists say they may have found ruins of a submerged city from the Kamakura Period (1192-1333) off the coast of Shizuoka Prefecture.

They say numerous stone structures at depths of 20 to 50 meters unlikely occurred naturally and appear to have been made deliberately. Archaeologists pinpointed about 20 sites of interest covering a 1-square-kilometer area.

While no one is certain, historical evidence points to an ancient city having existed in this part of Sagami Bay.

Hyakurensho, a record of the Kamakura Period, describes land sinking in 1247 in what is now the southeastern part of Shizuoka Prefecture and the Izu islands.

Scuba diving instructor Hidenori Kunitsugu, 54, began his own research in 1975. He found what appeared to be steps carved from stone as well as flagstones and stone walls. The site lies between 100 meters and 1 kilometer off the coast of Atami.

``As far as I can see from photographs, these structures were not created naturally,'' said Torao Mozai, an underwater archaeologist and professor emeritus of Tokyo University of Marine Science and Technology. ``The evidence points to artificial construction.''

www.asahi.com...

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by NotTooHappy
Has any one heard of the lost continent of Mu? It is supposed to have existed in the Pacific ocean as opposed to Atlantis being well, itn the Atlantic. A diver off the coast of Japan found some ruins and they have been conected to Mu. Here's some links.
www11.brinkster.com...
www.lauralee.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow"> www.lauralee.com...
www.brotherhoodoflife.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow"> www.brotherhoodoflife.com...

Atlantis was the name of the civilization that spanned the entire planet, as ours does now. Not a single continent or a single area, like Australia or something.

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by lilblam

Atlantis was the name of the civilization that spanned the entire planet, as ours does now. Not a single continent or a single area, like Australia or something.

I've never heard this theory before. Do you have more info?

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 02:47 PM
link   
isnt there a mmrpg game named mu taking place on a continent possobly in the pacific?

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 02:49 PM
link   
jepp
heres a link to anyone who dont got 56k

www.muonline.com...

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I have read a book by national geographic where they state that easter island mayb be remains of Mu and the mayans wrote about mu saying they came from there. could Mu be austrailia???

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 07:28 PM
link   
re klf and J.A.M.S. here is an interesting book on the topic. Its fiction but incorporates alot of the conspiracy theory in its story...

www.amazon.com...

Its pretty freaky, I highly recommend it.

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Ready... Aim... DEBUNK!

en.wikipedia.org...
Ernst Haeckel used the idea of a Lemuria to explain fossil relatives of lemurs in Africa and Asia while Lemurs are now confined to madagascar. It was also a convenient excuse for the lack of a missing link. Haeckel made a career of backing the wrong theories and was caught using fraudulent data.
The name Lemuria was coined by Phillip Sclater, a geologist.

www.sacred-texts.com... on Ernst Haeckel's History of Creation, 2nd edition, 1876
Of the five now existing continents," writes Ernst Haeckel, in his great work "The History of Creation," 1 "neither Australia, nor America, nor Europe can have been this prim�val home [of man], or the so-called 'Paradise,' the 'cradle of the human race.' Most circumstances indicate Southern Asia as the locality in question. Besides Southern Asia, the only other of the now existing continents which might be viewed in this light is Africa. But there are a number of circumstances (especially chorological facts) which suggest that the primeval home of man was a continent now sunk below the surface of the Indian Ocean, which extended along the south of Asia, as it is at present (and probably in direct connection with it), towards the east, as far as Further India and the Sunda Islands; towards the west, as far as Madagascar and the south-eastern shores of Africa. We have already mentioned that many facts in animal and vegetable geography render the former existence of such a South Indian continent very probable. Sclater has given this continent the name of Lemuria, from the semi-apes which were characteristic of it. By assuming this Lemuria to have been man's prim�val home, we greatly facilitate the explanation of the geographical distribution of the human species by migration

Madame Blavatsky, the founder of theosophy and originator of the more fantastic Lemuria myths wrote her first book, Isis Unvieled, in 1877, one year after Haeckel's book. The more relevant work according to my understanding of the Wikipedia article is The Secret Doctrine, which wasn't published until 1888.
There can be no attempt to take Blavatsky seriously, because the stated goal of her Theosophical Society was to merge religion and science. She produced a false story of supposed ancient religous origins to corroborate the new hypothesis offered by Haeckel, but when Haeckel's assumption became unneccessary and unlikely thanks to the discovery of tektonics, the ficticious nature of Blavatsky's "secret doctrine" became evident.

Also from the Wikipedia on Lemuria:

In a section of the late Mayan period Madrid Codex that is sometimes called the Troano Codex, fanciful archaeologists in the days before Mayan glyphs had been translated thought they were able to interpret illustrations as 'records' of a continent in the Pacific, destroyed by volcanic activity. Supposedly, a similar legend has been translated from unspecified 'Sanskrit tablets' that describe a continent called Rutas.

The continent of Mu imagined by Augustus Le Plongeon (1826-1908) is possibly a permutation of ideas about what Lemuria might have been.

I googled Augustus Le Plongeon and found out that he is one of those who attempted to "interpret" the Mayan glyphs before they were actually able to be translated. Obviously, if he had actually been able to interpret them, he would have been able to interpret them all, and would have spelled out the rules of the Mayan language for us.

www.mnsu.edu...

During his time in the Yucatan, Le Plongeon learned the stories of the local Indians, which included those about magic and lore. He also learned their language and culture. He also was the first to excavate the ruins of Chichen Itza. He was able to use his photographic skills to take over �five hundred photos� (Early Publishers, Explorers, �) of the area. During his last period of fieldwork, which was from 1883-1885 he spent most of his time in the Chichen Itza area. During that period he found that there was some existence of Masonic orders during the ancient Yucatan era and that Mayan sailors had traveled all over the world establishing civilizations in places like India, Egypt, and Burma.

During his lifetime, Le Plongeon wrote many documents. They are Dream of Maya: Augustus and Alice Le Plongeon in nineteenth century Yucatan, Maya Trilogy: Plays about Augustus and Alice Le Plongeon, Maya/Atlantis: Queen Moo and the Egyptian Sphinx, Origins of the Egyptians, and Sacred Mysteries Among the Mayas and the Quiches, 115000 Years Ago. Also with his knowledge of the languages he was able to translate the Mayan book Troano Codex.

The codex Le Plongeon was working with dates somewhere between the 15th and 17th centuries. It is apparently an almanac, just like each of the other 3 codices currently known to exist. Solid translations do not seem to be available online, and the translations offered by the "mystic" crowd are highly in doubt for reasons of logic.

Eric Thompson on the Madrid: "...appears to be of late date (15th century?); workmanship is crude and careless. The use of Yucatecan-Campeche year bearers is a pretty clear indication of when it was composed. ...Largely confined to divinatory almanacs, which include hunting, beekeeping, and idolmaking; it has no astronomical information"

www.atlantia.de...

The comparisons to Atlantis are interesting, but they serve mostly to make me incredibly skeptical of the translation, which they admit is far from complete. If they can decipher 1/3 of the manuscript perfectly (and yet they can't spell check their website) why haven't they got ANY idea what the other 2/3s says? I read a little bit of Spanish. Emphasis on the "little". When I try to read it, I don't get several good paragraphs and a big mysterious blank. I get a bunch of little blanks between sentence fragments. A flyer for a Cinco De Mayo party might read "On the 5th of May... history... celebration... music... chips and salsa..." and of course there would be plenty of loose pronouns articles and numbers floating around and I'd at least know where the verbs were by spotting conjugation. So I could give you a partial translation of the whole... not a perfect translation of 1/3. That is why I say there are logical problems with the fantastic translations upon which all Mu stories appear to be based.

Although I can't find actual translations, more reliable sources say that the codexs are almanacs concerning hunting, rainfall, etc. The only thing that might even hint at an ancient date for the events described in the madrid codex is that long-count calendar dates are not included in it, nor is astronomical data.
madrid.doaks.org...

The codex can actually be viewed here:
www.smu.edu...

Archaeology.org makes a case for the document being produced in the 1620s in a part of South America that had not yet fallen to the Spanish. paper with latin text appears to be incorporated into the pages, the depiction of new year shows planting (the calendar system apparently changed so that planting season was near the new year in the 17th century.) You can read for specifics. There is a counter arguement that the latin paper was merely part of a patch added to the document.
www.archaeology.org...

So to wrap up- Lemuria is an outdated evolutionist hypothesis expanded upon by mystics who can be considered debunked by the fall of the scientific hypothesis which they supported.

The Codex which inspired the story of Mu does not seem to be anything exceedingly ancient or mysterious, and nobody seems to be volunteering solid translations of it. The photographer who claimed to translate the codex while photographing it has given many fantastic and clearly ficticious theories about the Mayans.

The idea is a serious waste of time. (And this is the opinion of someone who still holds some hope for Atlantis!)

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Supposedly, the last remnants of the Lemurian civilization (or some odd civilization, Atlantis or Mu or something) live inside of Mount Shasta in California.

This guy found a secret entrance into the mountain and inside found all kinds of exotic shields and weapons coated in gold. He went back into the nearest town and told the people so they said they would follow him out there the next day. He dissapeared in the night though and was never heard from again.

Also there is tons of wierd stuff that goes on at Mount Shasta.
I read about it in a book but here are a few links on it:

www.siskiyous.edu...
www.unexplainedearth.com...
www.ddg.com...

[edit on 13-7-2004 by lockheed]

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 01:02 PM
link   
That's taken from "a dweller on two planets" which I believe was published very close to the turn of the century but I may be badly mistaken. I never read the book but I've seen it referenced in the book Mysterious California (which contained a great deal of horse manure, such as bigfoot, the billiwack monster, and a viking ship supposedly found in the borrego badlands, which was mysteriously covered by a rockslide after a massive earthquake.
(I'm from So Cal, I know all about earthquakes. I have watched the faultline move over the years, having once worked at a quarry near the fault, but even while working on a sand and rock plant and in a quarry I never saw an earthquake cause any substantial change in a rock face... it sounds very suspicious that an ill-timed quake would destroy all evidence just days before it could be confirmed).

So anyway.. does anyone have any evidence about Shasta? I'm skeptical. I am also highly skeptical of the Vimanika Shastara or whatever it's called, before anyone brings it up. (a teenager from Shasta channeled a book about vimanas supposedly).
For those who wonder, vimanas are temple roofs or some such thing related to hinduism, but according to certain (fraudulent) sources they can fly- like absolutely massive airships, and in some (even more faudulent) stories, there were smaller more agile versions like planes.

EDIT: JBenoit, there is only one way for you to find out if Atlantis is in Antarctica; go and look (and stay there!). Atlantis is a very rare story, with proven accounts only from Plato, and not even very many possible corroborations exist. What little info we have all points to the Atlantic. Lemuria and Mu have even less supporting evidence: they are almost certainly fabrications of overactive imaginations and underactive intellects. How in Poseidon's name can you justify suggesting Antarctica as the location?

There is limited evidence that either A. there was trans-atlantic travel or B. there was an intervening landmass which made the crossing easier. There are a few accounts of land east of America or West of Europe. There are peoples of unknown origin. All of these things can be used in wild speculation about lost continents, but none of them point to Antarctica.

Most theories of a civilized antarctica involve alien colonists and rapid evolution (accounting for all sorts of fantastic developments happening very shortly after the breakup of pangea). Needless to say, they are not to be taken for fact immediately.

No, Antarctica isn't Atlantis. No I'm not SURE (i rarely am). Yes I am extremely confident and willing to bet large but reasonable sums of money. Now you know.

[edit on 13-7-2004 by The Vagabond]

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join