It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do Women Defy the Holy Bible?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Most women are obsessed with dark men.

"God is light, and in Him there is no darkness at all." 1 John 1:5

I like to think that all colors are stunning.

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Light represents all that is good, true and holy while darkness represents sin. This verse has nothing to do with skin color. He is saying that God is perfectly pure and holy, there is no evil in him.

Blessings friend...

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 12:09 AM
link   
kinglizard, thank you for your comments and your hugely inspirational story. I am still searching for that "Ultimate Peace."

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 12:10 AM
link   
This sounds really racist.

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 12:15 AM
link   

most women are obessed with dark men

Where did you come up with this?

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by GreatTech
kinglizard, thank you for your comments and your hugely inspirational story. I am still searching for that "Ultimate Peace."

I happy to know that you found my near death experience inspirational, I kinda think that's what God intended.

Don't worry if you don't find that "ultimate peace" here on earth as it waits for you in Gods kingdom if you put your faith in him.

Blessings...

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 12:57 AM
link   
ProudCanadian, everybody is welcome into the Kingdom of God, independent of skin, hair, and eye color. Sometimes I wonder if women realize this.

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 02:16 AM
link   
hmm

issues with women?

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Perhaps upset that many women seem to favor black men? or perhaps the fact that women are considdered a lower species by some men, something like a male supremacy issue?

The bible has been translated and changed over the centuries, the message is a little blurry at the moment so be careful how to interpret the message of this ancient literature.

Good luck on your journey for knowledge.

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 08:52 AM
link   
The question does seem a bit odd but everyone has a right to be inquisitive.

Something that is on theme here is Jesus' color. Did anyone ever think about His skin color? If you think about it you can see that he is a blend of all human shades. Olive or brownish (tan) skin tone to me is a mixture. Therefore it is representative of all men.

This is just a thought from my own observations and hope it makes sense. I didn't sleep much last night and I'm not very alert this morning.

God Bless All!

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreatTech

What do you mean by this? Dark as in dark coloring or dark as in depressed, angry, dark?

And what makes you think women are obsessed with a certain kind or color of man?

Just really curious about your statement.

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 08:56 PM
link   
All colors are stunning in the way that God created them. Nobody should be excluded from the Kingdom of God based on the colors that they possess.

"God created man in his image, in the divine image he created him; male and female he created them." Genesis 1:27

Many women and men are stuck on the height, coloring, and perceived beauty of the opposite sex.

One must appreciate the beauty of all of God's creation.

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Huh, I must be color blind then, as I swear I see most women with men comperable to themselves of skin traits.

Originally posted by Lysergic
hmm ..... issues with women?

Ditto that !!!

NN

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 02:44 AM
link   
I see threads like this one and see the responses and wonder if some of you had public school educations or too much television programming including the very poor comercials??? I went to pubilc schools as did many but I got over most of it.

The Bible does not dwell much on skin colour. It does dwell often on the colour of the spirit. People are refered to as being of certain nations..not races.

The man made term Race or the misuse by men of the word race..is not used in the same context in the Bible as men are wont to use or misuse it. The Biblical term race means to run a race or win a race.

What men are wont to misuse as the meaning of the term race..in the Bible refers to Nations.
If you understand this difference it becomes obvious with a bit of thinking where and why men pervert the term race....under "new management and thinking."

The term dark as I read it from the Biblical standpoint in the first post..means darkness of spirit. Are women naturally attracted to those of a dark spirit. This verses the meaning Biblically of a Light Spirit.

THen of course someone wants to throw in "issues with women." The issue is with the dark spirit..not women.
Stay in the flesh ..never the spirit..that way we will never catch on to the method or the author of this method. Alway stay in the flesh...ie...confusion.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 03:34 AM
link   

I think that he might be getting that from the "tall, dark and handsome" saying...but hey...who knows...tis a bit strange.

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by orangetom1999
The term dark as I read it from the Biblical standpoint in the first post..means darkness of spirit. Are women naturally attracted to those of a dark spirit. This verses the meaning Biblically of a Light Spirit.

orangetom, If you are referring to GreatTech's opening post then there is confusion. The last statement in that post is: "I like to think that all colors are stunning."

Although what you say in your post is absolutely correct, I do believe GT was referring to actual color. Of course he could be confused about what the scripture is saying but I do think he was looking for something in the Bible to back up his conclusions.

[edit on 11-5-2006 by jbondo]

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 12:18 PM
link   
you may be correct in your post.

The colour to which I refered is the colour of the spirit..as to whether it was put there by God or someone else.

Many women and the effeminite tend to think that those of dark countinance are powerful...have power and control..and tend to be attracted to them. Rock stars, movies stars, politicians.the appearence of power and control. This is how I interpreted what Great Tech posted...not about race as men are wont to use the term. I refered to the colour of the spirit..the Light or light ...in the spirit...not the flesh.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 01:02 AM
link   
He's just leading you all in circles!

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 08:44 PM
link   
All women in the USA are irreversibly attracted to dark men, especially black men. I will remain asexual and celibate for eternity.

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Rather bold statement you made in your last post..speaking for all women..in such a manner. Is that a result of public or television education???? On your part..or how about the women of which you speak??

Thanks,
Orangetom

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join