It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bermuda Triangle

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 05:56 AM
link   
There is an underwater experiment that is ongoing today under the waters of the gulf! it is to do with a controlled Kerr Singularity or baby black hole! The same technology tested by the Russians in the secret underground bases in the Ural Mountains. Massive concentric rings (not unlike those seen in the movie Contact) are the creators of this field and maybe the after effects are the disappearence of these crafts!
I have restricted time so i just post this as food for thought! i will do my research and come back with more details, names dates, co-ordinates and such like!

See ya
Senor Jordo

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 06:59 AM
link   
IMO, the Bermuda triangle mystery is caused by earth magnetism, causing freak weather patterns and very localised electromagnetic storms. Who needs aliens or secret gov projects, our planet is already strange enough by itself. There's lots of things we're only starting to understand now...

Did you know that on the exact opposite location of the bermuda triangle on the globe, there is also a area (in the japanese sea) that is known for freak accidents w ships and planes?

same stuff is happening there, research it..

peace,
mr jones

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 07:39 AM
link   

In popular culture, especially in the United States, the Devil's Sea is widely believed to be, together with Bermuda Triangle, an area where ships and planes particularly often disappear mysteriously. The Japanese, on the other hand, do not consider the Devil's Sea to be any more mysterious or dangerous than other coastal waters of Japan.

Contrary to several claims, neither the Devil's Sea nor the Bermuda Triangle is located on the agonic line, where the magnetic north equals the geographic north. The magnetic declination in this area is about 6°. As is the case with all things mysterious, there are many theories regarding the Devil's Sea. One of the most prominent is that there is a large amount of volcanic activity around the area, and an underwater volcano could obliterate a ship without a trace.

Link from: www.crystalinks.com...

[edit on 25-5-2006 by Knights]

[edit on 25-5-2006 by Knights]

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Thanks for clearing that out, knights. Sounds plausible.

I'm pretty open minded on this.
Got my info from a documentary i saw about a year ago (NG? not sure). They kinda went for the earth magnetics disturbances explanation (which sounded plausible too), but underwater vulcanoes causing this would make alot of sense too. Even a plane could get caught in some kind of freak steam fenomenon, i guess.

edit: don't forget to credit wikipedia when you copy their text, knights : )

[edit on 25-5-2006 by mister Jones]

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 08:14 AM
link   
What do you mean?! All my own work!

Nah, I completely forgot, read the website I took the information from.. really interesting and probably the best site I have come accross.

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 07:20 AM
link   
i heard about the philladelphia theory, from a book from Robert Charroux called "the book of the unknowen mysteries"... but there was also another possible explanation. many experts assume that atlantida before the great flood was located in the açores... but others believe its remains are the bermuda islands.
has many of you know the atlants "there aren't many proofs of it" were more evolved then we are nowadays, the some believe they could've found a away to cross dimension, or to teleport, the theory the book mentioned, refered the possibility of some type of device still be active, and causing the strange events that happens in the bermuda triangle

sorry for any writing mistakes....hope this is usefull info

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Look here.-
www.bermuda-triangle.org... . The list of people who lived to tell their Triangle experience. Christopher Columbus is also listed in it. If the triangle is the Govt. mess, then Look, upto what extent the govt. secret services go. Changing history. Throwing the story back into Columbus's mouth, to make it look as if it was there brom begining.
And such websites part of conspiracies, to distract public from reality.
What do you think?

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I personally believe in the gas theory. It sounds very probable that there are vast amounts of gas underneath the ocean floor over there and when it esacpes in bubbles it raised and destroys the ships. But how do you explain the plains?

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 07:43 AM
link   
In my opinion, planes and ships are suck into the black hole and disappear.
The planes or ships may go to the another era in this case. It may go to the past or the future.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 08:06 AM
link   
I watched the Sci Fi program on the Triangle last weekend and found it quite interesting. They interviewed several people who personally had experiences with truly unexplainabale phenomena while in the BT. I've flown 2 round trips in my own small plane through the BT with nothing weird happening... once at night. One story on the Sci Fi program was from a small plane pilot who left the Bahamas and encountered a weird cloud/tunnel. When he exited the 'tunnel' he was flying over Miami. That's a distance of about 150 nautical miles. The trip should have taken about an hour and he found it took only 3 min.

CD

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Maybe atlantis lies beneath the triangle and that might be the cause of all the strange dissapearences somehow or maybe the triangle is a place where the government is testing time travel or perhaps space travel and sometimes passer bys get stuck in there test.

But i dont know all i know is that i dont want to go there lol.

Fact: An average of 5 planes vanish from the triangle every year with out a trace.
This happens no where else in the world.

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 01:23 PM
link   
They did an experiment with an engine similar to the TBM Avenger engine, and a methane tank recently. Less than 1% methane released into the air caused the engine to immediately lose power, and if exposed longer than a few seconds it stalled and completely failed.

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 01:58 PM
link   
My father was an engineer in the maritime most of his life, sailing all over the world. I once asked him about the the triangle and if he had ever had strange experiences. He said although he had been through it many times ( he usually left port at New orleans or Houston) he stated the weather was the unusual situation he noticed. Storms and water spouts could just appear. I doubt he would not have mentioned anything really odd if he had seend or known of it.

I lean toward the methane and weather issues myself to account for most of the missing ships and planes. I also keep an open mind to other possibilities for a few of the losses.
Nature and the universe leaves a lot for mankind to still learn.

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 09:41 PM
link   
That link that EdenKaia posted, about the tugboat captain--that is an especially intriguing story, IMO. I had never heard of the 'Tongue of the Ocean,' which is the area he stated this event happened, so I did a search about it. I discovered something I think must certainly be an anomaly:
Temperature anomaly

Notice that the bottom picture shows the 'Tongue Of The Ocean' (or TOTO for short) as dark blue, appropriately, since it is around 1800 meters deep--a narrow canyon on the ocean floor whose boundaries are sharp delineated drop-offs from a depth of around only 3 meters!

But the top picture, which shows the water temperatures, shows that same area as orangish-yellow, meaning that the water is much warmer than would be expected and/or normal in such a situation.

Here is another photo to help identify the shape in the temperature map--and here is a map (upper left side of the page).

Really wierd.

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Uncle Joe
The Bermuda Triangle covers an area of vital importance to international shipping, thousands of boats and planes pass through it every year. Some of them are going to get lost, its inevitable.

Because it is such a major area of international shipping it isn't surprising that more vessels are lost there than say, off the coast of antarctica where ships dont go very often.

Now if there was an area of sea of the coast of Antarctica where people didnt go very often and boats always went missing we'd have a mystery.

Yes but things don't go just missing without a trace. We're talking about huge ships and planes and not scooters or bicycles
(Let's not forget about the people) No matter how deep is the water, no matter how high is the plane flying if it falls in the water there be always something left behind. A debri, an oil mark or something else. And because is such an area with alot of international shipping and vessels is even more possible to have a prove that such phenomena not only is scientificaly explained but also there are proves for the disappearances. But where are this proves?
This is the main question that Charles Berlitz is raising in his book Without a Trace.

[edit on 1-7-2006 by Telos]

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Hey up i'm completely new to this site and couldn't stop myself from reading up and contributing to this Topic. I'm fascinated by these sorts of things!

I think the U.S or another major global power has been experimenting there. Some sort of advanced research site. Probably submerged but either way they may be testing weapons of advanced power.
Some base/complex like this would have to be kept so secret that they may even "Create" the Methane airbubbles delibrately below the surface of the water to sink ships? Or even maybe they can release some form of "Agent" or modifyer to the water in the area that will give it this "Foamy" effect that seamen are always reporting when travelling through the Triangle.

Think about it. The whole UFO theory and airbubbles could all be a giant coverup! Yes?
I know that a major power like the U.S have the rescources and diplomacy to pull something like this off. For maby a Govermental or possibly even a secret "Organisation" wired into everything just like in "The Bourne Identity" film, this would not be easy but not impossible.

There are drugs and methods of brainwash that could make some of these people believe that ther'e plan/ship crashed for unexpected reasons.
They possibly could have even made some form of computer "Chip" that can be embedded into the brain and disrupt it's usuall functions, just like in the film "The Manchurian Candidate".

There are new weapons coming out all the time. Just that even many of these that a country would love to test and Research are forbidden.

Imagine. The U.S or China or a major power has a brilliant revolutionary weapon. But this would be highly illegal and unethically allowed to be tested if it ever got out.
But where could they test this new weapon then? Almost the entire planet is populated. Even desolated places like Alaska have people there.
Think about it. Once you are in the Bermuda Triangle you are 100's if not maybe thousands of miles away from any land mass and the oceon is very deep. With the resources/time you could construct the ULTIMATE test laboratory for advanced weapons.
Although even the most remote area would attract some form of attention. You need a coverup. Something that would turn people away from any speculation that you are testing weapons there.

BUT WHAT!?
Then it hits them. They could simply fabricate (Make-up) UFO story's, weather phenominons and other highly speculative subjects to do with the area to discredit any real sightings in the area.

It would be the perfect!

Anyway's that's my theory.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Well my personal opinion would be that the dissapearnces of the Planes and ships would be because of rogue wave. It is probable that the planes were flying low (100 feet) for a little fun when, BAM ROGUE WAVE. The ships were probably sunk in the same fashion, Rogue waves.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Does anyone remember the radio broadcast, I think ouit of Ft. Lauderdale, way back in the sixties as I recall..and they were talking about this Bermuda Triangle and all the phone lines froze, and a volice came over the mike and onto the air giving a pretty far out message.

I lived in Miami all my growing up years and heard many tales about the area, especially as my GrandDad was a captain of a small charter boat, the Holly M., whose most famous client was Zane Gray, the writer. They used to pull into havana harbor and buy goods and fish and island hop and drink and fornicate their way back to Miami..the customers that is..and I have heard of waves that came out of nowhere that were 30 feet tall and almost sank many a boat.

But if anyone has any info on that radio show, it is worth a listen as I recall bveing creeped out and convinced it was true: The radio station was unable to do anything until this voice ended. Weird. I cannot recall what he said, but it was about the Triangle and why it was dangerous, and he was strange for sure.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 05:14 AM
link   

"The Legend of the Bermuda Triangle is a manufactured mystery... perpetuated by writers who either purposely or unknowingly made use of misconceptions, faulty reasoning, and sensationalism." (Epilogue, p. 277)
www.bermuda-triangle.org...

Skeptical researchers, such as Ernest Taves and Barry Singer, have noted how mysteries and the paranormal are very popular and profitable. This has led to the production of vast amounts of material on topics such as the Bermuda Triangle. They were able to show that some of the pro-paranormal material is often misleading or not accurate, but its producers continue to market it. They have therefore claimed that the market is biased in favour of books, TV specials, et cetera. which support the Triangle mystery and against well-researched material if it espouses a skeptical viewpoint.[8]
en.wikipedia.org...

-----------------------------------------
Trimmed external quotes and added links

Mod note: please provide personal comment. Simply copy/pasting material is insufficient.

[edit on 30/11/07 by masqua]

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by CD
Fact: An average of 5 planes vanish from the triangle every year with out a trace.
This happens no where else in the world.

Show the evidence of this "fact". Doing a quick google and getting this:

www.bermuda-triangle.org...

Going back 10 years:
1997: No aircraft
1998: 1 aircraft
1999: 1 aircraft
2000: 1 aircraft
2001: No aircraft
2002: 1 aircraft
2003: No aircraft
2004: No aircraft
2005: No aircraft