It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Warren Jeffs- the Neo-Waco start of civil war?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 09:28 PM
link   
OK, I started this thread because it seems VERY strange to me that a petty false prophet such as Warren Jeffs be put in the same list as Osama which killed 2000 people. Never mind that I believe Mormonism to be a cult (especially these guys, some Mormons aren't too deep in the Joseph Smith thing which is forgivable), I think this is absurd, to brand a bunch of people populating huge areas of America "Terrorists"" out of the Blue. This also stinks of Zionist media hatred against all religions other than their own extremist brand of Judaism or that NWO stuff of demonizing non-regulated religion. Either way, I find it RIDICULOUS that Mormons are now being branded as following a pedophile and associated with Osama. Anybody else outraged? I find it strange of me to defend Mormonism which I personally find ludicrous in some aspects (Council of "Gods"? Satan Jesus's little bro? Gold plates and "reformed Egyptian hiergoliphics"?) but this has NO excuse and looks heavy handed. PERIOD.

[edit on 9-5-2006 by Nakash]

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 09:38 PM
link   

OK, I started this thread because it seems VERY strange to me that a petty false prophet such as Warren Jeffs be put in the same list as Osama which killed 2000 people.

To be honest, I think it's ridiculous too. That's probably where the similarity in opinion ends...

Never mind that I believe Mormonism to be a cult (especially these guys, some Mormons aren't too deep in the Joseph Smith thing which is forgivable), I think this is absurd, to brand a bunch of people populating huge areas of America "Terrorists"" out of the Blue.

They haven't branded anyone a terrorist. They're only after Jeffs, not all his followers, right, certainly not all mormons? Was there some bulletin I'm not aware of, like a BOLO on FLDS members? Don't think so...

This also thinks of Zionist media hatred against all religions other than their own extremist brand of Judaism or that NWO stuff of demonizing non-regulated religion.

There's a difference between demonizing 'non-regulated religion' and demonizing a guy who had sex with underage girls, and married them off to his pervert buddies. Big difference. That is what he's wanted for, isn't it? For marrying off and condoning sex with minors?

Either way, I find it RIDICULOUS that Mormons are now being branded as following a pedophile and associated with Osama.

Not mormons, FLDS, right? Last I checked the mormons want nothin' to do with Warren and his posse, they're trying to distance themselves as much as possible from this whacko. The FBI most wanted list could find a better '10th', for sure, but there's no question the man is a sick weirdo, is there?

Don't people with delusions of grandeur and a propensity for child buggery belong in prison?

They belong somewhere outside of society...

This isn't Waco. The people at Waco were innocent of the child molestation and rape charges, Jeffs isn't. He doesn't even say he is! It's his religion, God commanded him to have mulitiple young wives. Right Warren, God is tellin' me that you're full of...

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 09:41 PM
link   
We know squat about the pedophile biz, all we know is thay he arranged marriages with underage girls (different from engaging in buggery though unethical). That's it, the rest is rumour or spin. The Goverment put up a guy with tonnes of followers in Utah on the same level as Osama who killed 2000 people, that would worry me, especially when I know Koresh was innocent and tarred and feathered later by the Goverment. I by no means like this guy and would apreciate having him thrown in jail, but it look's heavy handed and agenda driven if you ask me. Also, it's easy to cross from FLDS to Mormons, which is what concerns me (yes, they are different, but the Goverment might want to start with the Mormons who are a small group outside of Utah). Just worried, the Goverment always needs a scapegoat before an atrocity, like you said NOTHING happened in Waco and children were charred with flamethrowers by Delta squad thugs.

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 09:46 PM
link   
It might be agenda driven, I don't know. I'm not too sure what they're trying to accomplish, really. Not having him on the top ten doesn't make him innocent, the FBI of all people should know that. The top 10 is supposed to be the 'Most Wanted', so under that pretext it sort of fits, but what we really need is a "Most Dangerous' list.

Those are the guys they should be looking for. Priorities, first things first, he's a wanted man sure, but what makes him one of the most wanted?

I have no idea who stands to gain by putting Jeffs away, unless he's got secret dirt on someone we don't know about.

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Goverment needs a domestic boogieman, and Jeffs could fill the role. Somebody to tighten up the control grid and act without supervision. Weeks before he was branded on the ten most wanted list CNN made dozens of documentaries on him and attempted to hammer it into people's mind that he's the Taliban in America (and what should we do to the Taliban....?)

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Where has this group been put onto a terrorist organization list??

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 01:27 PM
link   
FLDS has. Not Mormons but we all know how things are, and it's a short walk from Mormons to FLDS....

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Jeffs is a criminal pure and simple.
He's not a gov't boogeyman.

What's really sad about all this is what happens to the young men in the FLDS community.

Many of them are taken from their families and dumped out of town.
Not left with someone or dropped off at a Mormon Church, but simply dropped off and told to make it on their own.
More than a few Arizona and Utah non-Mormon families have taken these young men in.

Generally speaking, the birthrate for boys and girls is relatively even.
With the young men gone, the old guys have less competition.

A few FLDS young women have been taken in as well.
Usually after they run away which is tough to accomplish.

The young women are trained to be fearful of strangers and have a difficult time fitting into the outside world.
The brainwashing starts at an early age.
Only the strongest young women make it, many of them return to their FLDS families.

A choice the boys do not have.

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Brainwashing, fine, all that other stuff, ok I can see it.

But terrorists? I mean, scientology is just as wacky and brainwashed, but I wouldn't say that Tom Cruise is a terrorist.

Yeesh, imagine if he was? Or at least the mission immpossible version of him? We'd be DOOOOOMED!

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Heh, love that one, Tom Cruise a terrorist
I really see Waco 2 coming up here. Hate to say it but.... John Titor anybody? All it takes are a few Wacos before America is plunged into civil war and chaos.

Notice the pun?

[edit on 11-5-2006 by Nakash]

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Just watched a special report on CNN regarding Warren Jeffs,who on May 7th 2006 was placed on the FBI's most wanted list. Wanted for numerous sexual offenses and unlawful flight. Jeffs is the supposed leader of a polygamist community, broken off from the Mormon Church.
On CNN they were talking about the FBI being only 40 miles from the community however they had no plans to go in for Jeffs unless they knew he was there, and it was unlikely a judge would authorize a warrant. Then the talk went on about the possibiilty of a Waco type situation, and whether or not it could be a possible happening. From the talk it seems they were treading lightly on how to make an arrest, as Im sure there are quite a few women and children involved in this situation as was in Waco.
It is a situation that might bear watching and see which way the government goes with this one, they must want him bad as they just put him on the ten most wanted a few days ago. Anyone else been following this issue, any other opinions?

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I just saw the show too. I think Jeffs is wack and needs to be taken in. I thought those polygamy towns they visited were freaky. Personally I think polygamists do what they do for the sex and nothing more. They might claim to be all religious, but I think thats a big front they hide behind that taxpayers have to pay for thru tax breaks etc.. They said that most of the woman are on welfare and the FLDS believes in bleediong the beast which is the govt in their eyes so they take all they can and then some.

My question is why they heck do they make the woman dress like they are on the set of Little House on the Prarie
Do the guys like homely looking woman like that or something

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I think the dress code they make the women go by is for domination, they seem to want total subserviance from the women and I guess they have it.
I really want to know where the whole thing with Jeffs is going, will it end up as another Waco? I mean the compound they have seems to be a lot larger and more surveilled than Waco was, however do we really know what this guy Jeffs is capable of or how far he will go in controlling his world of decadence?

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 11:52 AM
link   
To all misguided and misinformed: Read this well.

Warren Jeffs is not and never has been associated with The Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter Day Saints, who are so affectionately reffered to as "Mormons". To use his name and the name of the church in the same sentence is a blatent error. Up until the late 1880's a small number of members of the LDS church were practicing polygamy. However, this was done before Utah was incorperated into the United States. In order to become a state the practice of polygamy had to be abolished. And it was.

Ancestors to Mr. Jeffs did not like that idea and were promptly kicked out of the church. One of the LDS church's fundimental beliefs is that it's members are to be subject to the gonvernment of the land and abide by all laws and statutes that are put in place by that government.

Hence, to put these two groups in the same catagory is very erroneous and shows the ignorance of the person making the statement. You will find your story much more believable if it's true.

There are the facts. I am well aware that many who read this will not take them as such and many may think that I am the misguided fool. But comments like that will come from those who are not willing to actually research the truth, but rather rely on hear-say.

My main point, however, is to seperate those two groups. You will find your story much more creadible when it is not littered with falsehoods.

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Look, I can't stand watching CNN anymore, they have been demonizing the poor Mormons all day, according to CNN Mormons are everything from- pedophiles, welfare moochers, outlaws, adulterers, you know, everything I saw them demonize Koresh with and which turned out to be FALSE all along. I know Jeffs is guilty of most of those charges, but they are clearly putting a bad spotlight on Mormons, and that's what propaganda is about- thin wedges, permeable barriers. This is outrageous, if ANY other group was portrayed this way, .s would roll on CNN overnight. I can't understand why Mormons aren't outraged at this, I'm a Anabaptist and think Joseph Smith is a false prophet who mislead a community 150 years ago with a wacky story taken from Masonry and his own whims, but knowing how nice and charitable Mormons are I cannot stand seeing the media doing this to them.

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nakash
We know squat about the pedophile biz, all we know is thay he arranged marriages with underage girls (different from engaging in buggery though unethical). That's it, the rest is rumour or spin.

so you're OK with them having sex with underage girls, but don't think there is any pedophilia going on ? can you 'splain this ?

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 03:58 PM
link   
We don't know what's true in these allegations, Koresh was accused of all sorts of things and it was all bogus, how do we know anything is true here as well? All Ive seen which confirms anything the media has said so far is testimony by his nephew, and a rather racist recording by a disgruntled member of his cult (yes, some Mormons have some kooky beliefs on Blacks and Native Americans, but they are good people. I never said I liked this guy though).

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I say it again, stop referring to these people as Mormons. They are not. You are referring to an entirely different group of people when you do. This threads topic is about the leader of the Fundamentalist Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter-day Saints. They are not the "Mormons".

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I know, but the media works like this:

Al Qaeda>Wahhabi Islam>Islam

Warren Jeffs>FLDS>Mormons

ad infinitum, it's not what he REALLY is about, it's the perception, and I don't like to see ANYBODY demonized on Television. Ive seen more than one time Mormons lumped with this guy, I wouldn't like to see Baptists lumped with GW and his daily outrages but they are, likewise I don't like to see normal well to do Muslims lumped with Osama or Iran's prez but they are. Same thing here.

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Well, yes I agree that the media is full of a bunch of antagonistic instigators that couldn't tell a truthful story if someone slapped them in the face with it.
Kooky beliefs on Blacks and Native Americans?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join