It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Complete Letter from Irans President to Bush.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Link to Letter

Mr George Bush,

President of the United States of America

For sometime now I have been thinking, how one can justify the undeniable contradictions that exist in the international arena -- which are being constantly debated, especially in political forums and amongst university students. Many questions remain unanswered. These have prompted me to discuss some of the contradictions and questions, in the hopes that it might bring about an opportunity to redress them.

Can one be a follower of Jesus Christ (PBUH), the great Messenger of God,

Feel obliged to respect human rights,

Present liberalism as a civilization model,

Announce one's opposition to the proliferation of nuclear weapons and WMDs,

Make "War and Terror" his slogan,

And finally,

Work towards the establishment of a unified international community -- a community which Christ and the virtuous of the Earth will one day govern,

But at the same time,

Have countries attacked. The lives, reputations and possessions of people destroyed and on the slight chance of the presence of a few criminals in a village, city or convoy for example, the entire village, city or convoy set ablaze.

Or because of the possibility of the existence of WMDs in one country, it is occupied, around one hundred thousand people killed, its water sources, agriculture and industry destroyed, close to 180,000 foreign troops put on the ground, sanctity of private homes of citizens broken, and the country pushed back perhaps fifty years. At what price? Hundreds of billions of dollars spent from the treasury of one country and certain other countries and tens of thousands of young men and women -- as occupation troops -- put in harm's way, taken away from family and loved ones, their hands stained with the blood of others, subjected to so much psychological pressure that every day some commit suicide and those returning home suffer depression, become sickly and grapple with all sorts of ailments; while some are killed and their bodies handed to their families.

On the pretext of the existence of WMDs, this great tragedy came to engulf both the peoples of the occupied and the occupying country. Later it was revealed that no WMDs existed to begin with.

Of course, Saddam was a murderous dictator. But the war was not waged to topple him, the announced goal of the war was to find and destroy weapons of mass destruction. He was toppled along the way towards another goal; nevertheless the people of the region are happy about it. I point out that throughout the many years of te imposed war on Iran, Saddam was supported by the West.

[edit on 9-5-2006 by Agit8dChop]

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 08:44 PM
link   
WTG Agit8dChop. I was searching for this earlier this evening and couldn't find a copy. I was hoping to get it posted here and you my friend have saved me from having to search some more.

I can't give you a WATS but perhaps an applause is in order

wupy

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 09:01 PM
link   
WOW....Thank you soo much I too was looking for this to no avail...Thank you thank you thankyou...you know the mainstream media would never put up even 1% of this document....This is a stunning and very intellegent move by the Leader of Iran....While the current Administration refuses to work diplomatically...this may put just enough pressure onto the congress to really start limiting this president....It may be the only way for them to ensure that they get reelected...and thats the one thing you can always count on...a Congresspersons top priorirty, regardless of what party he/she is affiliated with, is to get reelected.

All governments have a duty to protect the lives, property and good standing of their citizens. Reportedly your government employs extensive security, protection and intelligence systems -- and even hunts its opponents abroad. September Eleven was not a simple operation. Could it be planned and executed without coordination with intelligence and security services -- or their extensive infiltration? Of course this is just an educated guess. Why have the various aspects of the attacks been kept secret? Why are we not told who botched their responsibilities? And, why aren't those responsible and the guilty parties identified and put on trial?
www.hindustantimes.com...

This is some really interesting rhetoric...defintally proves that they are watching our News and watching our reactions...The not so subtle refrences to lack of privacy and how that it didnt seem to stop 9/11. This is defintally a well thought out letter...one that I dont think Bush can ignore..It seems like hes bent on not responding to it...but if enough Americans and UN member states read this and it could put the US in the realm of Isolation.mmmm

Will the truth not be lost in a contrived and deceptive climate? Again, if the truth is allowed to be lost, how can that be reconciled with the earlier mentioned values? Is the truth known to the Almighty lost as well?

What a sucker punch at Christianity and Catholisism...everyone knows of how heavily censored early christian/catholic churches were....no one could read only the priests could see the bibles...you know the stories..off topic my bad

some Western media only intensified the climates of fear and insecurity -- some constantly talked about the possibility of new terror attacks and kept the people in fear. Is that service to the American people? Is it possible to calculate the damages incurred from fear and panic?

Why was the media, instead of conveying a feeling of security and providing peace of mind, giving rise to a feeling of insecurity?

Some believe that the hype paved the way -- and was the justification -- for an attack on Afghanistan. Again I need to refer to the role of media. In media charters, correct dissemination of information and honest reporting of a story are established tenets.

Need i say more...WONDERFUL...this is more like some Anti-bush American finally talking out.....Now dont get me wrong...I dont think Iran should have Nukes but I do think we should give them a chance to bring peace to the middle east....this could be the next great experiment...not us FORCING democracy...but allowing democracy to follow it natural political path inthe middle east and help it flourish by establishing a renewed friendship and maybe make them not part of some ludicris "axis of evil" and rather one of our allys....a peaceful friendly Iran is worth more than Fifty Armed Isreals....But im just saying what makes sense to me....

and perhaps my fave quote of all

As Your Excellency is aware, in some states of your country, people are living in poverty. Many thousands are homeless and unemployment is a huge problem. Of course these problems exist -- to a larger or lesser extent -- in other countries as well. With these conditions in mind, can the gargantuan expenses of the campaign -- paid from the public treasury -- be explained and be consistent with the aforementioned principles?www.hindustantimes.com...

[edit on 9-5-2006 by Elsenorpompom]

heres another one...notice he doesnt say American people...he says American Government...i think that that might be a subtle way of him saying he has no beef we the people or our values or any of that other mumbo jumbo but that he does like everyone else have a problem with our government.

And I am most sorry to say, would there have been an ever increasing global hatred of the American government?
www.hindustantimes.com...[\ex]

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 09:11 PM
link   

"...We increasingly see that people around the world are flocking towards a main focal point -- that is the Almighty God. Undoubtedly through faith in God and the teachings of the prophets, the people will conquer their problems. My question for you is: "Do you not want to join them?"..."

wonder if the "Almighty God" hes referring to is god in general or allah or jesus?

Mod Edit: New External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 9-5-2006 by mrwupy]

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Okay I will bite the bullet and be the first to reply, I just purchased a set of cahunas yesterday at kmart, they were on sale.

In no way does this man sound like the lunatic the media has tried to paint him as being. A lot of what he says makes perfect sense. Sorry someone else will have to elaborate on what parts of the letter I am talking about, clue mostly all of it. I would write more but the large set of cahunas were not on sale.

edited to add I must type slow. I thought I would be the first since there was not a single reply when I started typing my reply.

[edit on 9-5-2006 by goose]

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 09:16 PM
link   
The letter in summary:

Bush your a dictator, I hate you, convert to Islam or die.

predictable.

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I think that the threat of a country in the middle east or any country gaining access to nuclear technology is a potential threat to Western Civilization. That is how it is perceived because of the attack of 9/11. People in Western culture are not accustomed to being attacked in such a horrendous manner. In America everyone has a legitimate shot at making something out of themselves no matter color or nationality. It is all about how bad you want to achieve your goals and overcome your shortcomings. The letter was very deep but there are two sides to every story. I do agree though however that the War in Iraq is not necessary because we toppled a government that was running on its own. The American people are dumping tons of tax payer dollars and its most patriotic citizens our troops in harms way. Its no country's job to say that another country's government should not exist that is the people of that country's job to take into there own hands. I believe that War is not productive because it on destroys and leaves a bad taste in everyone's mouth. However, the media does have its own inuendo's but that goes for media in all country's. People have to understand that the politicians in one's country does not necessarily represent any one citizens complete best interest. To that I also say the President's letter is very deep and has a lot of truth in it. President Bush has made some policies that are not favorably to most of America today. The world has major issues such as increasing global temperatures and poverty. However, the people who are always criticizing and making judgements from the outside of the perimeter do not understand public policy or political science. Every country should incorporate the political arena into the education of their youth so each citizen of every country can vote on every issue. It should be mandated that everyone with certain standing in there respective community vote on issues that affect us all everyday. Things such as War and the allocation of our tax dollars and issues that matter in all SOCIETIES. Moreover, I wish all countries and people of the Earth peace.

DA KIDD

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nakash
The letter in summary:

Bush your a dictator, I hate you, convert to Islam or die.

This is exactly why the media portrays him "badly". You obviously didn't read the letter very closely if that's ALL you managed to absorb from it.

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Elsenorpompom
...you know the mainstream media would never put up even 1% of this document...

pleased to say that the entire letter is on cnns website...

Ahmadinejad’s letter to Bush

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 09:51 PM
link   
WOW

Really...that to me is a lil astonishing...considering the medias past record....props to CNN....next test is to see if they talk about it at all...i didnt hear anything today on Situation ROom or Lou Dobbs about the specifics of the letter...but maybe by tomorrow

Thanks for letting me know Spanishfly

El senor pom pom rides again

BTW i just watched what CNN did put up about it...I wasnt entirely off..atleast not yet.....they made one quote from like the second paragraph and then another from a lil further down....total joke....they havent read it yet....they talked nothing about how he slammed the Media...only about how hes trying to Bring the muslims together under him....how he caled Bush a hypocrit....you know....so/...props to CNN for putting the article up but
for thier Live Tv Coverage.

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 09:57 PM
link   
The letter really is not as clever as some people would like to believe. Just because one practices the beliefs of Jesus does not mean that they are in fact Jesus or can behave as such. No follower of Muhammad can claim to be living in his exact footsteps. Heck, the rest of the Bible contradicts much of what Jesus is trying to teach. So who is to say what part of the Bible should be followed? The rest of the Bible and the teachings of Jesus do not always agree with each other so there may be different views in what a Christian should do for any given situation.

It would actually be easier for someone to follow in Muhammad's footsteps than Jesus' since Muhammad actually led people into battle to force his relgion on others. That is an easy thing for other people to follow. When did Jesus lead men into battle so that they may force his beliefs on others or so that they may claim land and riches? This letter is a joke and is a sad attempt to make Bush look like a hypocrite. Bush is no worse than anyone else in terms of this. He is a leader of men and now people around the world are afraid because he wont let other nations get away with what the UN will let nations do. I'm sure that all these other world leaders can claim to be living a life that is exact to that of Jesus' or even Muhammad's. Absolute garbage.

[edit on 9-5-2006 by Mandalorianwarrior]

new topics

top topics

join