It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone up for a Southern states ATS meet?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 04:43 PM
link   
For those of us that can't make it to Chicagoland,
I propose a southern midwest (and anyone else who can come) meeting and greeting.

While i live in oklahoma, I feel that a "mid point" might be something like New Mexico.
New mexico has many great parks, and many great "fortean" type places.
Ghost towns, UFO hot spots, Spirit centers, Vortexs... you name it, NM has got it.
it is also almost exactly opposite chicago in relation the the geographical layout of the US.

I will bring my 100ft statue of Moloch, the owl god, and tofudogs...
whos bringing the chips?
I also can arrange for some interesting speakers, who would also camp with us, and be available for questions.

Lets have a good ol meet and greet, with lots of great conversation, and of course, we will have telescopes, and ghost stories (at least one nice one).
I am open for ideas, if people prefer the civilized version, then we can always take over a local hotel.

I will organize the event, once we have settled a location.
I need suggestions for a good locale (i.e state/national park). any ideas?
Who is up for a meet?
(post replys here, with state you are from)

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Just my .02, but it seems to me the cheapest destination from anywhere to anywhere in the US would be Orlando.

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 07:30 PM
link   
New Mexico is too far for me. Depending on when it is and my transportation situation, Orlando is doable. I'm in South Carolina now, so maybe I can finally make a meet.

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Laz,

Sorry for not answering your u2u yet. Just got settled in at home. I'll keep an eye on this thread for you.

We would be talking about the southern-mid-continent region (basically Colorado, New Mexico, Kansas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Texas, Louisiana, Missouri

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 07:40 PM
link   
All up for a meet , however New mexico is just to far off for me, South Carolina here! How about having a few different meets set up and that way if there would be enough interest, it would be easier on people who want to participate, but due to finances and distances just cant swing it. Just a thought.

[edit on 9-5-2006 by tracer]

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 08:19 PM
link   
How about the Cresent Motel in Eurika Springs, Arkansas?

Not only is it one of the most huanted placs in America, both MY paranormal group AND TAPS from Sci-Fi channel have tested the place with positive results. It is also one of the most beautiful places in Arkansas.

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Meetup? OOOOooOOO Sounds like fun.

BTW I lived in San Antonio for three years....been to the alamo numerous times....its not haunted by the ghosts of The Battle of the Alamo...but it is a great place for history and nature buffs...really really beautiful.

you know if we got enough people to go we might be able to sponsor a Discosure project confrence....i read it cost something like 5000$ which if enough people are going isnt really all that much...just an idea though

I live in AZ so NM would be nice but not roswell
Im not sure wether something happened there or not but its defintally a hub for dis/misinformation

El senor pom pom rides again

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 08:39 PM
link   
While the state I reside in is on the east coast, I'd be willing to travel to Huntsville, AL for an ATS convention (for it's southern members and anyone else who likes to travel).

What better place in the south than Huntsville? It's not a large city and it's easy to get around not to mention the National Space Museum is also there.

I recommend anyone who hasn't been there to visit at least once.

I rate it Above Awesome!

[edit on 9/5/06 by Intelearthling]

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk
How about the Cresent Motel in Eurika Springs, Arkansas?

Not only is it one of the most huanted placs in America, both MY paranormal group AND TAPS from Sci-Fi channel have tested the place with positive results. It is also one of the most beautiful places in Arkansas.

Amuk,

I was actually supposed to be at the Crescent right now. My daughter was hospitalized for four days and I had to stay back.

I would be all up for the Crescent.

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Thanks Val, for your help with this...
I really dig the Cresent also, not to mention the awesome beauty of Arkansas ozarks.

the only problem i find with eureka is the drive from ANYWHERE.
narrow roads, and windy hills, make for a much extended drive once you get into the ozarks.
I know it sounds exagerated, but i feel that i could drive across an entire state on a major highway, faster than i can get 100 miles in those beautiful ozarks.

That could be discouraging.
also, looking at a map, it seems to be fairly close to illinois (chicagoland) which might not serve the purpose of "getting the other half there"

I also like the suggestions for activities, and speakers. I had hoped to get one of the UFO community, As well as maybe a bigfoot hunter... and of course the various talents of our members.

Although it is a drive for most people, Orlando holds some interest, we do have lots of florida folks, perhaps someone needs to sponsor one for the lower east coast/gulf area.

Also, what about New Orleans... I hear that there are some incentives for tourism.
Wherever we go, I recomend that it offer camping close by, for our budet conscious members (me). I also dont get the chance to use the telescope as much as i used to.
If someone sponsors a east coast meet, then we can start narrowing down a good area in the lower midwest, or even arizona (although its hot!). Otherwise, for geographical ease, the NM, upper Texas, Oklahoma, ark, louisiana, Missisippi, or perhaps alabama.
There are really interesting spots in any state, you just have to know where to look.

state by state haunted places

lists of paranormal/fortean groups - state by state
has a great list of various state organizations, that have websites documenting that states strange happenings.

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Arkansas ozarks?

Hey - isn't Maynard from that area? Could we get him on the agenda?

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I wish I could come.

I am still trying to figure out how to get the "cone of silence" onto a low-boy trailer.

Had considered flying, but Southwest Airlines says that I cannot bring aluminum foil rolls in carry-on, due to the little cutter-off strip that is serrated. They also won't let me bring more than 5 thicknesses in my checked luggage either. Ditto the microwave-capacitor I built out of an old office water-cooler.

What will the disguise-protocol be?

I suggest we all wear identical trenchcoats and fake noses. This standard recognition mode always throws nwo/illuminazi types into siezures:

"Are you one of them? Or are you with us? Fine, then come with me!!!"

And not to point fingers, but how come Valhall keeps mentioning locations that are SO close to vacant "Katrina Survivor" Concentration Camps?

Is it really her? Is this really me?

How do you know whom to trust?

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I actually liked Valhalls Oklahoma suggestions.

And it has NOTHING to do with living in oklahoma... nothing at all...

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Maybe, to help this thing actually happen this time (versus the various times we've talked about and nothing happened) we should start by limiting the region we hope to gather. Let's just say (sticking to a "one-day-drive" concept):

Missouri
Kansas
Arkansas
Colorado
New Mexico
Louisiana
Oklahoma
Texas

That's the area of membership we are attemting to get a meet together for. What do you guys think? (Of course, if any member from anywhere wanted to come that's okie-dokie, but as far as picking the location, we will use the list of states above to try to find the optimal place).

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 06:58 AM
link   
And then I'll pitch in one more thing if it will help in anyway.

If we can't find a place that everyone thinks would be "ATS-ish" we can have the get together here at our place, we'll plan a full "paranormal investigation" of my haunted house, and people can camp on our lot (it's big, so we can accomodate a lot of tents).

So - that option is available if that's what it takes to get people together.

If we do this one - people with the required equipment to investigate would have to bring it. But it might turn out to be very interesting.

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Just a question, have any of the proposed meets discused on ATS ever taken place? I do remember a year or so ago someone tried to organize one and just curious if anything ever came of it. Im in South Carolina and really would enjoy something like this happening and does anyone know what its really gonna take to make one happen, any idea of the amount of members acutually interested in such a trip? Im assuming the one being talked of here has been in the making for a bit, so any ideas where to start for one closer to where I am at?

Basically I guess what Im asking does anyone have any ideas on how to start organizing a meet?

[edit on 11-5-2006 by tracer]

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 05:18 AM
link   
cmdrkeenkid had a meet in 2004 in Michigan. Several members showed up from the U.S. and Canada. I believe they had a great time.

top topics

join