It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Israile/palastinian conflict

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shane

I noted quite clearly.

First the Romans, and thru history until as you note, the Ottoman and lastly British.

If you would have looked through my link you would have seen that the Ottoman rule was but 400 of those years. There were several other Ottoman nations/empires that ruled the land. It was not a continuous 'regime' but was only Muslim rule other than the relatively brief period during the Crusades.

The point we are still reaching for is that Palestine was a Nation.

Did it have it's own form of governement, legal system, taxation system, educations system, Hopistal system, Roads and infastructure development, and all those other thing associaited with running a country, not to forget the required capital. NOOOOoooooo!

Yes they did under the Mandate.

UNISPAL

From the link in the post above yours. Bottom of the page.

Palestine was a NATION.

It was occupied, and the Government was controled by the Brits, but it still existed.

Looking at the Jewish immigration figures on the page it is clear their intent.

[edit on 15-5-2006 by Malichai]

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Malichai
They were not offered Sovereignty.

The yehudis would leave part of the territory and they'd be left alone. If they think that they can get more than that on the short term then they are delusional, in addition to being powerless.

[edit on 15-5-2006 by Nygdan]

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Dear dear Malaichai

Thanks again, for going that extra mile to offer support for my view.

Then we can lay that dog to rest.

There never was a state of Palestine.

From the FIRST PARAGRAPH of your own Link

The origins of the Palestine problem as an international issue, however, lie in events occurring towards the end of the First World War. These events led to a League of Nations decision to place Palestine under the administration of Great Britain as the Mandatory Power under the Mandates System adopted by the League. In principle, the Mandate was meant to be in the nature of a transitory phase until Palestine attained the status of a fully independent nation, a status provisionally recognized in the League's Covenant, but in fact the Mandate's historical evolution did not result in the emergence of Palestine as an independent nation.

And in general terms, I can live with the rest of the link, although it is skewed. (Part of that revisionist stuff I've noted several times, but nothings perfect.)

And you know Malaichai, the End Solution was clearly offered to both parties.

An independant Israel and an independant Palestine, with Jerusalem under U.N. Control, but both parties refused.

What will solve the problem??? Need I note it again???

Have a good night my friend. This is going extremely well.

Ciao

Shane

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Dear dear Malaichai

Thanks again, for going that extra mile to offer support for my view.

I don't see how that supported your view.

You denied that there ever was a nation called Palestine while there it was.

It may not have been indepenedent, but I never implied that it was.

Palestine existed as a nation under British occupation, and that is where the word comes from as used by Palestinians today.

What do you supposes all of this was leading to?

The Palestinian people have just as much claim to the land as the Israelies, and maybe more.

Remember that most of the Israelies immigrated to Palestine, or they are decended from Immigrants.

Before the British invaded Jews were 11% or less of the population and owned a very small percentage of the land.

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 10:16 AM
link   
It really doesn't matter who was there first, the yehudis were given the territory under perhaps questionable circumstances, but today they hold it with force. "International Law" isn't going to undo the israeli/palestinian conflict, only force will, and there is no force in the middle east that can throw the yehudis out.

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 12:10 PM
link   

A nation? Nothing supports your claim of this revisionist view, and despite you best efforts to sway from this point, by offering skewed perspectives to indicate otherwise, these facts still remain ever so clear even within the documentation you are offering. I read that Doc. I reviewed it with considerations for both peoples. I saw exactly what you refered to, but the Introduction to the overview of the whole matter, clearly denotes, Palestine did not become a nation. What do you wish to me say? Deny Historical Fact solely to ensure your view of this is promoted, despite even offering your own evidence which clearly states that your view is wrong? I don't know.

And yes you have. CONSISTANLTLY in respects to this. From the days of the Romans until 1948, this region has been a protectorate under many forms of rule. This in no way, makes Palestine a nation or state. A people living under occupation of Foreign Rule. You have stated in all of your responses, until this point, that Palestine was a Nation. It never was and to this day, it remains as such. An area under occupation.

Palestine existed as a nation under British occupation, and that is where the word comes from as used by Palestinians today.

Prehistoric times
The term Palestine is derived from the name of the Philistines, a people of uncertain origins, possibly Aegean, who, in the 12th century BCE, settled along the southern Mediterranean coastal plain of what is now Israel and the Gaza Strip and disappeared several centuries later. After crushing Bar Kokhba's revolt (132-135), the Romans Latinized the hitherto seldom-used Greek name Palaestina (Παλαιστίνη) and applied it to the entire region that had formerly included Iudaea Province (which combined Judea, Samaria, and Idumea). The Arabic toponym Filastin (فلسطين) is derived from this name.

en.wikipedia.org...

Again, my friend, this is where the word comes from. This is three times now I have addressed this.

But you keep wishing to push forward, so lets start in the 1900's and start working on this.

So our first Stop should reflect upon the international community and the main body that controled such matters.

First was the League of Nations

Here is that mandate, without the Skewed Disinformation that was offered in your
previous post. The Facts, we only wish for the Facts. And in reviewing the following, this is all that this deals with Facts.

www.fordham.edu...

This mandate is quite clear and easy to follow. No mis-information is riddled through the Mandate to lean it towards any party. The palestine Mandate was solely prepared to give the Jewish People a Palestine Homeland. Even the League of Nations understoon what Palestine meant.

Next, maybe lets see what the U.N. offers.

www.un.org...

Just review the list of Member States. Even today, there is no Palestine. Israel became a member, but where is Palestine?

So, in the infancy of the U.N., we can find resolutions of Jewish, ARAB, and some comments on Palestine See the following site

www.un.org...

Click 1946, and scroll down to resolutions as noted.

Jewish request for a hearing See Res 104 (S-I)

ARAB request for a hearing See Res 105 (S-I)

Setting up an organization to review the matter See Res 106 (S-I)

These all outline this matter in the Basic sense, since this was during the first General assembly of the U.N. Nothing very direct, or informative, but the basis again, is Palestine and the steps the U.N. Should take.

Now due to unknown reasons, we are unable to find the resolutions for anything discussed during their Second Year (1947), but in the Third General Assembly we can find the beginings of this mis-conception of what Palestinians are. The year would now be 1948.

Again, use the Link Above and review 1948, Scroll down to Resolution as noted

The Paslestine Refugees See Res 212(III)

Yes, the problems begining, but in no uncertain terms are Palestines refugees anything other than Palestine refugees. The U.N. addresses the concerns immeadiately, and the matter of this People your claim as Palestinians but are Palestine Arabs begins.

You can go on from there if you wish, or await further post to come.

This should do for your reviewing for today. There is quite abit. And I am sorry, but each of these files are archived as PDF's. Ones to follow will likely also be PDF's until we reach the Mid-80's

Ciao

Shane

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 06:17 PM
link   

A nation? Nothing supports your claim of this revisionist view, and despite you best efforts to sway from this point, by offering skewed perspectives to indicate otherwise, these facts still remain ever so clear even within the documentation you are offering. I read that Doc. I reviewed it with considerations for both peoples. I saw exactly what you refered to, but the Introduction to the overview of the whole matter, clearly denotes, Palestine did not become a nation. What do you wish to me say? Deny Historical Fact solely to ensure your view of this is promoted, despite even offering your own evidence which clearly states that your view is wrong? I don't know.

but in fact the Mandate's historical evolution did not result in the emergence of Palestine as an independent nation.

The Mandates 'historical evolution did not result in' is refering to the time AFTER the Mandate period.

I was not talking about that time, I was talking about DURING the occupation. 1928-1948

Maybe this is the question to ask. If not a Nation what was Mandate Palestine?

I say it was an occupied nation.

And yes you have. CONSISTANLTLY in respects to this. From the days of the Romans until 1948, this region has been a protectorate under many forms of rule. This in no way, makes Palestine a nation or state. A people living under occupation of Foreign Rule. You have stated in all of your responses, until this point, that Palestine was a Nation. It never was and to this day, it remains as such. An area under occupation.

If not a Nation what was Mandate Palestine?

Prehistoric times
The term Palestine is derived from the name of the Philistines, a people of uncertain origins, possibly Aegean, who, in the 12th century BCE, settled along the southern Mediterranean coastal plain of what is now Israel and the Gaza Strip and disappeared several centuries later. After crushing Bar Kokhba's revolt (132-135), the Romans Latinized the hitherto seldom-used Greek name Palaestina (?a?a?st???) and applied it to the entire region that had formerly included Iudaea Province (which combined Judea, Samaria, and Idumea).

en.wikipedia.org...

Again, my friend, this is where the word comes from. This is three times now I have addressed this.

Why don't you read what I said instead of thinking you know what I said?

that is where the word comes from as used by Palestinians today.

The Palestinians do not call themselves Palestinians because the Romans gave the land that name almost 2000 years ago.

They call themselves Palestinians because they lived in the land that was Mandate Palestine.

that is where the word comes from as used by Palestinians today.

Here is that mandate, without the Skewed Disinformation that was offered in your
previous post. The Facts, we only wish for the Facts. And in reviewing the following, this is all that this deals with Facts.

www.fordham.edu...

This mandate is quite clear and easy to follow. No mis-information is riddled through the Mandate to lean it towards any party. The palestine Mandate was solely prepared to give the Jewish People a Palestine Homeland. Even the League of Nations understoon what Palestine meant.

How could it possibly not 'lean towards any party' if it was soley prepared to give Jewish people
a homeland in Palestine?

That is as biased as it gets.

Next, maybe lets see what the U.N. offers.

www.un.org...

Just review the list of Member States. Even today, there is no Palestine. Israel became a member, but where is Palestine?

Review the member states in 1948. Notice that none of the Arab nations were represented.

Just becasue the UN does not recognize them as a Nation does not mean that Mandate Palestine was not a nation, or that the Palestinian people do not exist.

So, in the infancy of the U.N., we can find resolutions of Jewish, ARAB, and some comments on Palestine See the following site

Yes, the problems begining, but in no uncertain terms are Palestines refugees anything other than Palestine refugees. The U.N. addresses the concerns immeadiately, and the matter of this People your claim as Palestinians but are Palestine Arabs begins.

I have read all the relevant UN Resolution, but I fail to see your point here. Maybe you could be more clear.

Did these people live in Mandate Palestine? If not Palestinian what would you call their nationality 1928-1948?

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
It really doesn't matter who was there first, the yehudis were given the territory under perhaps questionable circumstances, but today they hold it with force. "International Law" isn't going to undo the israeli/palestinian conflict, only force will, and there is no force in the middle east that can throw the yehudis out.

You are, again, mistaken.

Nothing was given to anyone.

If you think different please explain how so I can debunk it.

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 09:27 PM
link   

I was not talking about that time, I was talking about DURING the occupation. 1928-1948 Maybe this is the question to ask. If not a Nation what was Mandate Palestine?

The good news is we are making ground Malichai

It was a protectorate, under foreign control, and administered by that foreign party, even upto the Ottoman, and Brits. Their expressed interest was to make certain Religious Freedoms where protected in Jerusalem. They where the Power, and the Control. At this time, the Jews had no such power, nor did the Arabs. Control in respects to this was foreign.

The Palestinians do not call themselves Palestinians because the Romans gave the land that name almost 2000 years ago. They call themselves Palestinians because they lived in the land that was Mandate Palestine. That is where the word comes from as used by Palestinians today.

Ah, you are close, but no cigar, as the saying goes.

I'll be blunt in this, and I truthfuly mean not to offend my Arab cousins, but they call themselves Palestinians because it's confusion. It's babel, It's terror speak. They are Arabs, nothing more, nothing less. They call themselves (not the people in general, but the problematic people in their midsts) Palestinians to do what terrorists do best, Hijack the Name, much like their Officals have a history of hijacking Boats, (Achille Lauro) and planes, (Air France Flight 139).

Achille Lauro
www.palestinefacts.org...
en.wikipedia.org...
Air France Flight 139
en.wikipedia.org...
palestinefacts.org...

Its the tool they use. Is it at all surpirsing???? Leopards can't change there Spots. Terrorists Hijack things.

How could it possibly not 'lean towards any party' if it was soley prepared to give Jewish people a homeland in Palestine?

Because, again, it is a term used to bastardize the Jewish Homeland of Israel enacted by the Romans. Even the League of Nations and 1946 U.N. General Assembly understood this and was why they opted to offer two places for the Jews to make their homeland. Argentina (i Think) and Palestine, the land of the Jews.

Review the member states in 1948. Notice that none of the Arab nations were represented.

No my friend. That is the Member States of the U.N. TODAY. Not 58 years ago. All of the Arab nations are represented as clearly shown.

Did these people live in Mandate Palestine? If not Palestinian what would you call their nationality 1928-1948?

They are Arabs. Decendants of Abraham thru Ishmael. It is really simple, but we'll get to that in my next post.

AND AGAIN, I stress, the Arabs and Jews in Israel and the Occupied Territories need to both be ensured of a peaceful and prosperous state, affording each the ability to seek and aspire to the best they can be. These are my Brothers and Cousins we are talking about. Not some peoples with no connection to me.

The big part will be to debreif the Children being brought up in this sad story to see Suicide Bombing as the only option.

Thanks a lot Yasser Arafat. You have done a fine job. It's just to bad the Arabs didn't send him and his lot, backing back to his homeland in Egypt. He was an Egyptian afterall.

And things only have gotten worst. Now we have to deal with more terrorists from Egypt, Hamas.

palestinefacts.org...

Ciao

Shane

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Strange I wonder why my Grandfather who was about 87 at the time he died called them Philistini and he died back in the early 90's and was not at all an school educated man. So you mean to say that he just called them Philistini because he felt like it? I'm pretty sure that its because thats what the arabs of that land were called and thats what the area was called as well. The same way even though Lebanon was once called Syria it was still Lebanon to the Lebanese even before they were independent.

I think that UNISPAL document explains it all with the secret memorandum and the personal memo's involved that basically the Zionist Organization who originally established the state of Israel KNEW exactly who was getting screwed over and knew way ahead of time that the Arabs in the surrounding area would not approve of it and yet still they went ahead and established the state, decieving the local/regional arabs of their intentions, and knowing full well that it would create problems. They break the rules even till now. Their agenda hasn't changed much since 1917. One day I hope the wrongs will be righted for the Palestinians and those people get whats due to them besides death and destruction of their homes and families.

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePieMaN
Strange I wonder why my Grandfather who was about 87 at the time he died called them Philistini

It is strange PieMan. He was noting a people of Aegean origins that inhabited the southern area around Gaza, by referencing Philistini. They are recorded as being the Sea Peoples, even in Egypt. They did have some nasty habits though, (Baal Worship and human sacrafice).

Here's a 'not too controversial' report on this in more detail
palestinefacts.org...

What nationality was your grandfather PieMan?

One day I hope the wrongs will be righted for the Palestinians and those people get whats due to them besides death and destruction of their homes and families.

You, and Nygdan, and Malichai, and countless other including myself, do as well. I do not think this would be getting discussed at all, if we each did not agree on this.

I just wish to ensure, when people make stupid assumptions, these are cleared up, because, there are way too many of these out there. And, in no means, do I wish to suggest it is the Arab's fault or the Jew's fault. Both of them have enough blame to go around, as does the international community.

There are Facts, and there is what is occuring today. Missuse of those Facts, have done little to solve the matter, so I trust if we, as opponents dicussing this is a open and friendly manner, are able to weed out those things, and find the common points that agreement can be based upon. Who knows, six months from now, You, Malichai, Nygdan and anyothers who wish to take part, may find we have settled this matter, and can forward the link to the U.N., Israel and the P.A. to settle the matter.

Or is that wishful thinking???

Have a good night PieMan

Ciao

Shane

DRX

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 11:21 PM
link   

DRX

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 11:22 PM
link   

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Whatever you believe, don't you think these facts deserve to be raised when discussing Middle East policies?

Those facts need to be raised, but the gaping hole you left must be filled in so that the truth can be known.

Half the story is far less than half the truth.

Originally posted by DRX
PART I

"The West Bank is occupied Palestinian land." This phrase is frequently repeated, as a given, by all the governments of the world and by the entire news media.

This idea that the West Bank is occupied Palestinian land has been accepted by almost everyone. Yet it is, in fact, the greatest lie ever perpetrated on the whole of humanity.

If you think this is an outlandish statement, please read on and decide for yourself.

Palestinians claim that Palestine is their land, and that Jerusalem is their capital, and that Israel is occupying their land. To resist occupation, they assert the right to send suicide bombers into crowded bus stations, pizza parlors, etc., and kill innocent men, women and children. And all Arab and Muslim countries support them in their claims and actions against Israel.

Because of this alleged occupation of Palestinian land by Israel, because of this alleged crime committed against their Palestinian brothers, all Arabs hate Israel and want to destroy it.

To anyone who is familiar with the facts, and has an objective eye, all this must be fascinating. Because never before has a complete lie, on such a large scale, been so successful.

First, if Arab animosity toward Israel is based on their love and support for their Palestinian brothers – and in wanting their Palestinian brothers to have their own state – where was that love and support before the Jewish state existed? Where were they when the kingdom of Jordan ruled Palestine? Why were they not accusing Jordan of occupying Palestinian land?

They were not accusing Jordan of occupying land because Jordan annexed the West Bank giving 'Palestinians' equal rights and equal vote.

Israel has NOT annexed the West Bank, and they have not given equal rights to the people yet their military is in control of borders and interior passageways hence the denied occupation.

Why did not the Arab world and the United Nations call on Jordan to stop occupying Palestinian land?

Because they did stop occupying when they annexed the West Bank, and Palestinians voted for their representatives.

Second, where were the Palestinians themselves, with all their grievances and claims, when Jordan occupied the whole West Bank, including Jerusalem?

They were at the voting booth as equal citizens of Jordan.

Did you know that? Did you know that for 19 years, Jordan occupied and ruled the whole West Bank, including Jerusalem? Why didn't they clamor for a Palestinian state then?

Did you know that Jordan occupied for less than two years before annexing the West Bank?

All this time, did we hear a word about Palestine being occupied by the kingdom of Jordan?

No because Palestine was part of Jordan. They merged.

Did we hear anything about a Palestinian state?

You did but only in reference to the Bristish Occupuied Palestine nation.

The part you ignore is that what is today Israel, Gaza, and the West Bank was all one nation.

One nation named PALESTINE

No, we did not.

Why not?

You did hear about it from some, but the majority decided to remain with Jordan rather than be a small independent state right next to hostile Israel.

Because there never existed a Palestinian state.

There most certainly did.

From shortly after WWI until 1948 the land was called PALESTINE

The Brits were occupying, but the people of Palestine were not British citizens.

They were citizens of Palestine.

Even the Jews were called Palestinians back then.

And in the entire history of nations, Jerusalem was never the capital of any country other than that of ancient Israel and modern Israel. So how can there be a claim on Jerusalem as the capital of a state that never existed?

They claim it because it is the most important site in that area, and it was theirs before Israel invaded in a Sneak Attack back in 1967.

The land was always part of larger empires with the Capitols being other larger cities like Baghdad, Istanbul, Cairo....

Were the land ever to be divided into smaller sections Jerusalem is the most likely site because the local governments have always been centered in Jerusalem.

One of the problems here is that so few people know the history of the world. Hence, lies and more lies, repeated often enough, are assumed to be facts.

Its not just lies. Its half truths twisted with extremists spin. Like you are doing now...

I have heard many scholars, including an Arab journalist, question the very notion of a Palestinian people. What, they ask, makes a people? Well, there are four elements that define a people: language, religion, culture and cuisine. For example, the Chinese and Japanese are both Oriental. Still, they are two different peoples, because they each have a different language, a different religion, a different culture and a different cuisine.

The Palestinians speak the same language, follow the same religion, manifest the same culture and eat the same cuisine as all other Arabs. They are really Arabs who happen to live in a region called Palestine.

So what if they have the same culture of the surrounding nations? You can find many African, and South American nations that are divided only by lines in the sand, and the government ruling over them.

Palestine is not – and never was – the name of a country, or the name of a people.

This is an outright lie. From the end of WWI until 1948 it was called PALESTINE.

Plese don't reply to this unless you answer this one question.

If not Palestine what was the land called in that time period?

It is the name of a region – just like Siberia is a region, not a country.

It was a country for almost 20 years.

There is no Siberian country, nor is there a Siberian people. It is a region. Just like the Sahara is a region, not a country. There is no Saharan country, nor is there a Saharan people. The Arabs living in that region are Libyans, Moroccans, etc. It is a region.

I suppose your entire point here was that since the Jews have a homogeneous culture that makes it OK for them to drive everyone else out.

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by DRX
PART I

"The West Bank is occupied Palestinian land." This phrase is frequently repeated, as a given, by all the governments of the world and by the entire news media.

This idea that the West Bank is occupied Palestinian land has been accepted by almost everyone. Yet it is, in fact, the greatest lie ever perpetrated on the whole of humanity.

If you think this is an outlandish statement, please read on and decide for yourself.

If you are going to quote from a Known media outlet I suggest you at least give the writer credit for what you are quoting and not pawn it off as your own thoughts.

www.worldnetdaily.com...

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 09:30 PM
link   

What nationality was your grandfather PieMan?

Lebanese.

Shane
As much as you may or may not disagree, after today's posting of this obvious hoax or disinformation in regards to this Yellow badge stuff in Iran, and seeing the immediate spreading and almost instantaneous parallel between Iran and Nazi germany and all over a piece of imaginary yellow cloth that people thought that people of the Jewish faith would have to wear in Iran to single them out, that one piece of cloth brought back memories of Holocaust and Nazism, yet, Walls to seperate, Ghettos to keep apart, special work permits, checkpoints, special security measures, weapons checks, house razing, tank patrols, civilian deaths, indefinite incarceration of suspected terrorists, questions of possible torture, withholding of revenues, closing of border crossings for long periods of time, missle launches, assasination of political figures, and human rights abuse, do not bring back memories of Holocaust attrocities and do not bring about world outcries for cessation, and do not cause the citizens of Israel to protest their government for the fair and proper treatment towards the palestinians. Yet this one piece of cloth would have probably started an evacuation and possible world protest.
That is truly saddening. Do we really treat them as humans or are we treating them all as some would have us believe they all are...terrorists.

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Do we really treat them as humans or are we treating them all as some would have us believe they all are...terrorists. Pieman

Now Pieman

The Israeli's do not take the Palestinian People to the voting booth and tell them who they should vote for. The elections in both Gaza and the West Bank have been supervised and endorsed by Jimmy Carter
as fair.

No Palestinians, in either the West bank or Gaza, was denied the right to freely vote for the one who best represented them and their wishes. The Palestinians wentout and chose their leaders by fairly run elections.

Unfortunately, they have a running history of doing exactly what you ask.

The Palestinians have chosen, by overwelming numbers, first Yasser, and his PLO and now Hamas, as being the representives of Palestine. A people who wish to ensure, the Globe sees them (the Palestinians) as part of the Organizations they elected.

So, I ask you.

Do we really treat them as humans or are we treating them all as they would have us believe they all are.....terrorists???

Ciao

Shane

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Well, I'm done with this thread.

Bumped down to PTS is the kiss of death.

Not enough traffic for me to bother.

I suggest we take this up in an ATS thread.

This one should work well.

It already has the Mods stamp of approval so it likely won't get bumped down like this one did.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Now Pieman

The Israeli's do not take the Palestinian People to the voting booth and tell them who they should vote for. The elections in both Gaza and the West Bank have been supervised and endorsed by Jimmy Carter
as fair.

No Palestinians, in either the West bank or Gaza, was denied the right to freely vote for the one who best represented them and their wishes. The Palestinians wentout and chose their leaders by fairly run elections.

While they have not been denied the right to vote, they have been punished for who they choose to vote for which is basically the same thing.If I tell you that you are free to vote and then punish you after you do,because I don't like who you voted into power, then thats not a freewill voting schematic. By dealing with the former government rather then the present government it shows a forced hand in who the people should have chosen. Obviously you see the results with the new in-fighting thats popped up between the Fatah and Hammas. I hope this strategy doesn't backfire on the powers that be and cause the Hammas to revert back to their former selves.

Pie

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 09:20 AM
link   

If I tell you that you are free to vote and then punish you after you do,because I don't like who you voted into power, then thats not a freewill voting schematic.

Pie

But the Point get lost here Pieman

They Elected Terrorists. There are many CIVIL and presentable individuals who could have filled these posts, but no, it has to be radical extremeists.

This maybe why, many will equate what you noted previously, that Palestinians = Terrorists.

But yes, tensions could explode right in the misdt of the Palestinians. Imagine two camps killing eachother for a change, rather than innocent civilians in Bus Stops and Cafe's. Not all that appealing, but again, it points of one thing.

Democracy is a responibility, and not a right. Any moron can cast a ballot, but it takes some level of discernment to consider the implications of that vote.

The ones responsible for the Elected officals in the West Bank and Gaza, are the ones electing them.

Not Israelis, Not the U.S., nor is it any other Country's fault. It is the Palestianians themselves, and if they choose to elect Terrorists, they must expect no one will support this. We do not deal with Terrorists. We exterminate them, as best we can.

Ciao

Shane

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join