It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sushi

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I was wondering if there is anyone else who loves sushi.
like tuna, eel, sea urchin, salmon, fish eggs, just about all sushi
is great. some people think its gross but have never even tried it.
If u have never tried it you should its the best food in the world.

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I was very hesitant to eat raw fish, but after trying tuna with a little wasabi I was sold.
I also like those little wraps with the seaweed around them and the sticky rice with a bit of raw fish.

This will probably never become a staple in the north american diet though. Raw fish has a certain yuck factor to it, though it's not that different from eating a very rare steak.

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 02:54 PM
link   
love it.

I'm looking forward to the warmer local (NE US) waters so I can catch me some tuna and eat it on the way home.

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I wouldn't classify it as "best in the world". but I'll knock some back occasionally. It makes for a nice change of pace. But then, I've also always liked oysters on the half shell. Schlurpppp!

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I love sushi!! I have yet to find a kind I didn't like. Also, keep in mind not all sushi has raw fish in it. Sushi after all means seasoned rice and you can put anything in it.

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 04:34 PM
link   
to me, sushi is absolutely wonderful when prepared in the right hands. We have a fast food japanese restaraunt here and they serve salmon, tuna, california rolls and also inari. their salmon and tuna has a taste to it that is not quite fresh. But at another place, a sushi bar, their sushi is excellent. freshly prepared, fresh ingredients and good sushi chefs.

But, you should try inari. it is sushi rice inside of fried bean curd, it is great!

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Here on the left coast, sushi and sashimi are practically a staple. You can find it packaged in grocery stores, complete with wasabi, pickled ginger and soy sauce.

I can't stand sea urchin, but almost anything else is great.

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I love sushi. Especially inside-out rolls with the orange fish roe. I've actually starting making them here at the house with just the simple ingredients. Shrimp, Cucumber, Avacoda. Then my mama went and ordered some salmon the other day so I might be able to do Salmon Nigiri Sushi for her and myself.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I'm looking forward to trying some we just got a Japanese style restrant that serves Sushi in our town and Poppies the local heath food/ famers market acculy carries Sushi grade Tuna... $15 a lb

top topics

join