It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A good way to hang posters?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I have about 20 posters throughout my apartment, but they keep falling down after anywhere from a couple days to a few weeks! I'm using the white sticky-tack (there is also blue and yellow) to hold them up. I didn't get the blue or yellow as the walls are white and I was afraid it would leave behind some residue I would be unable to clean off.

I'm tired of being asleep and waking up the sound of a poster falling. I'm tired of coming home to a poster, dead on the ground, ripped because it became a playtoy for my cats. I'm tired of them just ripping as they fall. I'm tired of having to put them back up!

So, does anyone know of a better way for me to get the darned things to stay up on my walls!?

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Does this or this help? it might be a bit pricey and I'm not sure if it'll take paint off though.

[edit on 9-5-2006 by Xeros]

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 01:51 PM
link   
use poster frames and just attach them using normal nail
if want to change posters its easy since they are put there using a plastic frame which just pops off the nail like a picture frame

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 01:53 PM
link   
This thread title's a little misleading. I thought for a second that one of our mods had finally gone John Wayne Gacy.

Just don't bury any posters under your house after you hang 'em.

Peace

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Scary, Doc. I was thinking along the same lines. I was going to suggest, "You need to sedate them first".

Those kinds of posters, dunno. Haven't hung one since I put up the Phi Zappa Crappa poster in my dorm room during the Nixon administration.

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
This thread title's a little misleading....
Just don't bury any posters under your house after you hang 'em.

I was thinking along similar lines. Actually feeling like one of the posters scheduled for a lynching..

edit = to get back on topic.

I've used everything from thumbtacks, to duct tape, and everything in between. Check your local arts and crafts store, for picture hanging accesories.

[edit on 5/9/2006 by Mechanic 32]

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Thanks for the help folks...

And yes, I'll admit it... The title of the thread was on purpose.

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 03:12 PM
link   
you could use velcro so when ur cats rips them off they dont tear.
also u could change them around if you want to.

or u could use staples or hang them higher so the cats cant get them.

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Personally I'm more in favor of flogging posters than hanging them. Nothing sets them straight like a cat-o-nine-tails. I hear a bull-whip is pretty effective as well but I keep hitting myself with it.

Frames (as mentioned) or a simple stapler. The staple holes don't leave much evidence behind if you have textured walls.

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 04:34 PM
link   
By the thumbs is usually pretty effective (at least, that's what I've heard), but you need to be wary of the neighbors; a good gag is recommended. (unlike this gag, which is poor and in bad taste).

I'm surprised no one has asked....what material is your walls? Drywall, plaster, wood paneling, cement block? The right method will depend largely on the type of construction.

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by cmdrkeenkid
And yes, I'll admit it... The title of the thread was on purpose.

Gulp! Hope I'm not on the list!

Seriously, as MrPenny suggested, if you are really hanging picture posters, it would depend on the wall.

Another thing to consider, is it a 'collectible' poster (may be valuable someday)? You may want to hang it inside of a case of some sort.

[edit on 5/10/2006 by Mechanic 32]

top topics

join