It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nano Armor

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I read this and as I was finishing up, one thing came to mind.
Why the heck aren't our military getting this to them if it is this effective against projectiles?

Plus, it has an old Roman look to it, that is if you don't paint it in camo.

NANO ARMOR

[edit on 9-5-2006 by texmiller]

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Looks like a superhero costume. Strange how fiction meets reality.

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I know but isn't Isreal one of our "friends" in the military world.

Why can't they just hand over a couple million on these?

d1k

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Great find, that is going to be very interesting to follow up on. The first thing that came to mind while reading it was the movie Event Horizon where they find a space ship from the future made out of soft to the touch material that was x stronger then steel.

Going to be great to see what comes from this stuff. Very cool!

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Almost the "man of steel" feel I would think.

I mean if you read the spec my god. It would be an advantage to make arm leg and helmet out of this stuff.

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 11:03 AM
link   
That nano armor would probably cost a fortune to equip the whole normal army. However they may decide to equip special forces with it .

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 11:07 AM
link   
At least this conception is better than the new armor suits the British have come up with on the other thread.

Good lord is looks like an EXTREME BEE KEEPER outfit.

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by texmiller
Plus, it has an old Roman look to it, that is if you don't paint it in camo. ...

Originally posted by imbalanced
Looks like a superhero costume. Strange how fiction meets reality.

Good lord is looks like an EXTREME BEE KEEPER outfit.

One advice... read the photo caption again

The shiny armor is only there to ILLUSTRATE the solidity of the new material...

I know but isn't Isreal one of our "friends" in the military world.

Why can't they just hand over a couple million on these?

If you are serious... you DO realize this stuff is in the early development stages, dont you?

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Why the heck aren't our military getting this to them if it is this effective against projectiles?

Because it is still in the developemental stage. It still needs testing, there is no EPA impact study on it, it may cause cancer, birth defects, may not be environmentally friendly, may ignite easily.

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by JIMC5499

Because it is still in the developemental stage. It still needs testing, there is no EPA impact study on it, it may cause cancer, birth defects, may not be environmentally friendly, may ignite easily.

Okay I know that its in the developemental stage but come on guys you and I both know that they will tell private moron to get this suit on and run forest runnn!

Or they will take it and test it in the battle field with speacil units.

[edit on 9-5-2006 by texmiller]

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 01:01 PM
link   

looks good old skool style

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 01:06 PM
link   
This one quote is something that I think really stands out.

"The material withstood the shock pressures generated by the impacts of up to 250 tons per square centimeter. This is approximately equivalent to dropping four diesel locomotives onto an area the size of one’s fingernail."

I mean come on now. This should be given out as fast as possible to our boy and girls out there fighting.

Or just make an exoskeleton and creat AI and program it to kill all hum..a..ns...... wait a min. isn't that a movie?

But seriuosly, If its in the testing stages what make them not go out and see how it is effect in real battle. How do you think kevlar made it into the armory.

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Forget the JSF, lets invest 400 billion in THIS!!!! Can you see the Marines/Special Forces fightin in this stuff? That would be insane!!! Hopefully they will wear it under their camo so they dont look like an American Empire, since we are not.

Think about how many lives this would save, how intimidating would this be against another country compared to the JSF!!!!

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 03:40 PM
link   

But seriuosly, If its in the testing stages what make them not go out and see how it is effect in real battle. How do you think kevlar made it into the armory.

Kevlar came into the armory after it was developed, it was developed further, a manufacturing process was developed, Kevlar was developed even further further, the manufacturing process in development had to be adjusted, it came into initial testing to make sure that no such unfavourable things like melting after being exposed to sunlight or poisonous features were inherent, it was then developed further, then uses were developed, initial body armor was developed, tested, manufacturing processes for that were thought of, etc. etc. pp....

You know, the whole world would like different when all the prototypes that exist on this world were already advanced enough to be put on the market. But it simply isnt that easy

Ox

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Oh yeah and it looks OH so comfy to be worn on the battlefield for days.. and.. so flexible... So much fun.. Wrong..

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 04:06 PM
link   
But still someone had to be the first to test Kevlar out. I know the process.
But look at it this way, if we could armor just one platoon that would rock.

Besides if you read deeper into the site you see that they have developed most of the product to be put together in 2 years. Hell if this war keeps on going this armor will see action soon or later.

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Maybe they could layer it with kevlar to make it a bit more flexible. Im sure there will be ways to make it more comfy in the future.

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 08:25 PM
link   

But still someone had to be the first to test Kevlar out. I know the process.
But look at it this way, if we could armor just one platoon that would rock.

Besides if you read deeper into the site you see that they have developed most of the product to be put together in 2 years. Hell if this war keeps on going this armor will see action soon or later.

Yeah, and that person took a Revolver to the chest at point blank range.

But he still stood up proving the effectiveness.

Shattered OUT...

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 08:30 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

About four five post down.

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Yea I guess even Carbon-Fiber cars would take a bit of damage if they used enough of it.

Planes made out of Nanotechnology? Why, that would only make sense for insane fighter jets, the aurora, and flying saucers?

I'd love to see it!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join