It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. has second worst newborn death rate in modern world

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 10:04 AM
link   
link

Now this is just sad. Maybe if more money was spent on health care as opposed to the "war on terror", this wouldn't be a sad statistic.

American babies are three times more likely to die in their first month as children born in Japan, and newborn mortality is 2.5 times higher in the U.S. than in Finland, Iceland or Norway, Save the Children researchers found.

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I actually think the exact infant mortality rate is 7.3 out of every 1000 babies. I mean, sure we may not be at the top of charts, but look at some other countries. In some countries the infant mortality rate is as high as 200 or even higher. I do agree with you on one thing though; we need to stop wasting money on these Middle Eastern wars; they aren't accomplishing anything to my knowledge. I'd hate to say it, but I think Iraq was better off under the control of Saddam Hussein; at least he knew how to manage the country.

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Hard to believe something like this happening in the US.

After all we are a country that spend more on health care for their citizens than any other country in the world.

But the money usually ends up in the pockets of the drug industry and health care system specially the private one.

Is a shame that the babies that are at risk are the low income and poor specialy minorities in our country that can not afford medical care after the child is born.

What a shame.

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 03:40 PM
link   
# iraq war...

nuff said... NOT

seriously what frigging happened... Isn't the US one of the richer countries... I mean dang... Well not richer now but we can blame that on the war...

top topics

join